Career Questions tagged Job Search

Searching for a job can be difficult. There is not just one way to job search. Please read below for more information.

centajah S.’s Avatar
centajah S. Jun 13 57 views

How long did it take for you to get were your at?

I asked this question because I would like to know the time frame that I took to get there

centajah S.’s Avatar
centajah S. Jun 13 61 views

To get your job placement, What did you have to do?

It would be helpful for me to know the difference steps it takes to get a job.

centajah S.’s Avatar
centajah S. Jun 13 86 views

What is your least and favorite part of your job?

I am asking this question because I would like to know what you look forward to and what you don't.

Sam S.’s Avatar
Sam S. Jun 09 107 views

Do all companies have W2?

As I get my first official full time job one of the things that I had no clue how it works is W2 and I've been looking into it. From a simple search I found: In general, the W-2 must be used if the employer has employees and pays them a wage. I recently got an offer letter for full time and...

Vincent K.’s Avatar
Vincent K. Jun 01 103 views

How to approach finding engineering work after ten years of only being hired for low-skill jobs?

Received master's degree in engineering ten years ago with excellent grades but I have never had a chance to work in the field. I've had to accept zero-education or associate's degree level work just to have any income at all, and I've worked two associates-level jobs for the past six years. I...

Precious J.’s Avatar
Precious J. May 31 66 views

What's the best way to find out about jobs in this field (nursing)?

The best way to find out about a job in nursing is to use an job search platform or go to an job fair relating to nursing.

Sam S.’s Avatar
Sam S. May 31 86 views

What to do when you don't remember applying to a job?

I recently graduated and having been applying to multiple positions. The way I keep track of them is either through the Jobs tab on LinkedIn or the standard "thanks for applying" emails you receive after submitting an application. I was contacted for an interview for the company but: - I...

Jasmine S.’s Avatar
Jasmine S. May 21 119 views

How to get Shadowing Opportunities in Tech?

As a black woman, the job search is already difficult but I’m trying to get internships and not landing any due to inexperience. Any advice on getting the skills needed to land tech roles?

Sam S.’s Avatar
Sam S. May 13 146 views

How to ask a recruiter about multiple applications?

I recently applied to a company for 3 different positions. However all of these positions are UI/UX designer/researcher roles. They all had what I was looking for in a position so I applied to all 3. It hasn't been two weeks yet but I recently connected with a recruiter from the company on...

Sam S.’s Avatar
Sam S. May 12 132 views

How do you reach out to someone within your network you're not that close with?

I recently applied for a job and noticed that someone within my LinkedIn network works for the company I applied to. This person and I were just classmates and maybe talked once or twice, I don't even think they remember. But, we are connected and I wanted to reach out about my application...

Mia A.’s Avatar
Mia A. May 10 240 views

What jobs are slow paced and also high paying?

(Prefer 6 figures or close to)

Adam P.’s Avatar
Adam P. May 02 130 views

I heard it can be difficult to find a job in coding because different job qualifications are so specific that they need someone either with experience or very capable of learning and adapting is this true

a family friend who has a job in coding drones had told me it was very difficult for him to find a job out of college because the different jobs had such specific requirements in qualifications that he had to find a job that would accept him and offer job training is this true for most jobs in...

Stephanie B.’s Avatar
Stephanie B. Apr 26 174 views

who long does it take to be a Search Marketing Strategists? what classes do I have to take to be a Search Marketing Strategists? what other careers are related to Search Marketing Strategists? how much does being a Search Marketing Strategists cost? what college is best for me?

who long does it take to be a Search Marketing Strategists?
what classes do I have to take to be a Search Marketing Strategists?
what other careers are related to Search Marketing Strategists?
how much does being a Search Marketing Strategists cost?
what college is best for me?

jennifer B.’s Avatar
jennifer B. Apr 08 178 views

what was the most challenging part?

like was it difficult finding a job? or overall what was the hardest part? and what advice do you recommend?

Kevin W.’s Avatar
Kevin W. Apr 03 136 views

What is it like to be a computer engineer?

future job
what to expect in the future

Khristian C.’s Avatar
Khristian C. Apr 03 158 views

What would be the best part time jobs to take when it comes to gaining skills for future jobs?

I am thinking about getting a part-time job (during school and summer) and was wondering what would be the best choices to think about to help me with future jobs.

Sam S.’s Avatar
Sam S. Mar 24 152 views

How do you know if you can discuss an offer letter with someone?

If you receive an offer letter how do you know if are you allowed to review it with someone? If I want to ask the recruiter if I could share it with just my mentor to get advice on the offer is this professional? How should I phrase the question when asking?

Lorraine S.’s Avatar
Lorraine S. Mar 08 119 views

In your opinion, how difficult is it for recent graduates of a college degree or job training in office administration to get hired after completion?

I'm curious if it'll be necessary to get an associate's or bachelor's after I complete the trade to open more job opportunities and higher pay.
#officeadministration #certifactevsdegree #job #job-search

Mahmoud I.’s Avatar
Mahmoud I. Feb 18 275 views

For people who have many interests in a lot of different career fields was it hard for you to pick a job, and did these interests help you in your job?

#job #career-choice #career-counseling #job-search #career

Sam S.’s Avatar
Sam S. Feb 17 241 views

Why can't recruiters give you feedback on why you were rejected?

I'm sure there have been times when someone applies to a job and gets rejected, but when they ask for feedback some recruiters say they can't provide it. For any recruiter on here, if you're able to share, why is this the case? Does this have something to do with company policy or is it just...

Landon N.’s Avatar
Landon N. Feb 09 110 views

Is It a good idea to be a mechanic In Minnesota.

what types of mechanics are popular in Minnesota. #mechanics #job-search

Benjamin T.’s Avatar
Benjamin T. Feb 07 209 views

How difficult is it to obtain a job as a researcher for a cure for cancer?

I am aware such a job may be a little far-fetched, however, I want to know just how difficult it is to get into such a field of work. I also was wondering what kind of pay and work conditions would accompany such a job. Thank you for your time. #job #career #job-search #science #biology

MAX F.’s Avatar
MAX F. Feb 07 141 views

Is a trade job better than a white collar job if im not going to college

I don't want to go to college and I want a job that requires some physical labor and pays well what are some options that I should look into? #job-search

Isabelle H.’s Avatar
Isabelle H. Feb 03 153 views

What's the first step to take after college to look for a long term job?

#job-search #college

Qianlin F.’s Avatar
Qianlin F. Jan 31 125 views

What if I can't have a job relating to my major?

Is this situation normal? Why did you make that decision? Do you think it's useless to study your major?

#job-search #college-major

Camren-Naya K.’s Avatar
Camren-Naya K. Jan 04 156 views

What is the best way to do the job correctly

#job-search #criminaljustice

Zeeshan R.’s Avatar
Zeeshan R. Dec 28, 2021 192 views

what should I include in the outline of a cover latter?

#resume #resume #coverlatter #job-search #business #internship #finance #job-application #job-application #collouge

Garvin K.’s Avatar
Garvin K. Dec 10, 2021 283 views

What is a decent job? (for your first job)

im a senior at burton high school #job #first-job #job-search #college

Sam S.’s Avatar
Sam S. Dec 01, 2021 198 views

How long should you delay meeting with a recruiter that reached out to you?

A recruiter recently reached out to me about a possible position because someone from the company referred her to me. I never applied for this specific position, I'm actually waiting to hear back about another position I interviewed for at this same company. I also had someone on LinkedIn who...

Teriyana M.’s Avatar
Teriyana M. Nov 29, 2021 416 views

What are some interesting remote jobs that are available right now?

Even with a bachelors degree, looking for a job has been very challenges these past 6 months. I would like to find a job that is remote, interesting, flexible (optional), and allows me to travel while I pursue my dreams. Just want to reiterate that this is a "hope and dream" of mine. Just need...