Career Questions tagged Job Search

Searching for a job can be difficult. There is not just one way to job search. Please read below for more information.

KAREN L.’s Avatar
KAREN L. Mar 22 34 views
Orla D.’s Avatar
Orla D. Mar 19 75 views

In the context of COVID-19, how do you plan for a future that seems so uncertain?

Because of #covid-19 I don't know what will happen to my plans of getting a job or furthering my studies in the summer. As an International student, my Visa also expires this year and my flight ticket back home is August. I have contemplated about how this is going to affect my plan of working...

#internship #job-search #international #college #job

Aun M.’s Avatar
Aun M. Mar 13 71 views

To What Extent Does the Prestige or Brand Name Affect an Aspiring engineer Looking For a Position At a Fortune 500 Company?

I've heard over and over again on how there are certain target schools such as Stanford, Waterloo, Harvard, Berkeley and others that are really beneficial in obtaining an internship quite efficiently. What I haven't heard many talks about is how this brand name would affect you when applying...

#career #college #computer-science #technology #job #job-search

zuriel A.’s Avatar
zuriel A. Mar 12 42 views

What are the daily duties? How often do employees get evaluated? What kind of benefits and healthcare plans do you guys offer?

I am 16 years old and I am going to Job Corps in Oahu. I want to get into the Landscaping field. I enjoy beautifying and maintaining the environment. #job #career #landscaping...

#job-search

charlotte H.’s Avatar
charlotte H. Mar 07 75 views

What's the most important part of a resume?

Which aspect of my resume should I highlight or refer to in my cover letter to have the most impactful and effective application? #job-application #resume #job-search...

#interviews

Naupaka H.’s Avatar
Naupaka H. Feb 24 71 views

what makes your job stressful?

Im in job corps and i would like to know more about your job. #job-search #job...

#any

taijah J.’s Avatar
taijah J. Feb 25 59 views

where can i volunteer to get good experience?

I am currently taking classes to get into the MA program, i was wondering where is a good place to volunteer? #college #volunteer...

#job-search

Aun M.’s Avatar
Aun M. Feb 23 111 views

What are your thoughts on LinkedIn for high school students? Do you recommend it?

I've already done quite a bit of research on this topic, and have found that most professionals advocate for high school students to have one to increase their digital footprint (positively). I still want to hear more input from professionals, and what they think! Just to put into perspective,...

#networking #career #college #job #job-search #internship

Aun M.’s Avatar
Aun M. Feb 23 104 views

Is working at a FAANG company in Silicon Valley really worth it? Will the expenses incurred make the job seem much more unreasonable?

As a 10th grader, my dream is to work at a FAANG company (maybe in silicon valley). Recently, however, I've been looking at articles and videos which claim that the expenses one incurs make living there very unreasonable. Some say that it is better to work at a company in a state with lower...

#technology #job #career #job-search

Tsz Ho Y.’s Avatar
Tsz Ho Y. Feb 13 110 views

Should I learn Python or R or other programming language?

I'm a college student in Economics and Finance. Right now I am quite good at Excel VBA and I want to learn one more programming language to give me an advantage in finding jobs. It seems to me that Python and R have their own strengths and weaknesses but I'm not too sure about it. #job-search...

#economics #programming #finance #python

Tsz Ho Y.’s Avatar
Tsz Ho Y. Feb 13 62 views

What field can I work in after studying Economics and Finance?

I am a penultimate year student and am finding graduation job. It seems that everyone is only aiming for the banking industry or maybe some investment firms. Is there any other obtions? #finance #business #economics...

#job-search

Anvi C.’s Avatar
Anvi C. Feb 11 106 views

Where did you work during uni/college?

I am in uni, and am looking to volunteer/ work. #volunteer #job-search #college...

#internship

Anjali P.’s Avatar
Anjali P. Feb 04 59 views

How to get involved in the non-profit sector?

I plan to apply to jobs in the nonprofit sector post-graduation for my gap year. Should I do unpaid internships before then? #internship #internship #nonprofit...

#job-search

Grace K.’s Avatar
Grace K. Feb 02 78 views

How can I grow my networks?

I'm currently studying IT software development and will be looking for jobs soon. How can I grow my network and connections so I have a better chance at finding a job in the industry? #job #networking #software-development...

#job-search

PRABHU P.’s Avatar
PRABHU P. Jan 29 43 views

How can I succeed in getting an admission at btech courses at any good govt. Institutes?????

I am a student who wants to be like a student always. #student...

#job-search

keoni S.’s Avatar
keoni S. Jan 11 124 views
Riley D.’s Avatar
Riley D. Dec 12, 2019 68 views

What jobs are the most available?

I want a job involving team work...

#job-search

Aldo L.’s Avatar
Aldo L. Dec 10, 2019 100 views

What's the best way to find out about jobs in this field?

Hi my name is Aldo Labrado, and i wanna know how i can find a job and which is the best way. #job #job-search #career #internship...

#career-counseling

Kaya T.’s Avatar
Kaya T. Dec 10, 2019 95 views
Steven E.’s Avatar
Steven E. Dec 04, 2019 84 views

what kind of problems happen often? do you like your job? what is the daily tasks?

Im 18 years old. Im from Yap and I am in job corps for auto mechanics. #engineering #job-search...

#career

Tex X.’s Avatar
Tex X. Nov 27, 2019 53 views