Career Questions tagged Job Search

Searching for a job can be difficult. There is not just one way to job search. Please read below for more information.

Natilius’s Avatar
Natilius Aug 26 186 views

How can I make a good first impression?

In the past, I've always done my best to be presentable during job interviews but I could never seem to get one in the can, and I have a feeling the way I make myself out to look has something to do with it. Any tips?

Callan’s Avatar
Callan Aug 24 152 views

Psychology Related Jobs for bachelor Graduate :)

Hello! I am soon going to be a graduate of a bachelor of psychology in New Zealand, and I was wondering for suggestions into jobs in this field. I am considering early childhood education and or the police force... so things that are people based (i love kids, but would be happy with any...

Diya’s Avatar
Diya Aug 09 126 views

Thinking of dropping a degree and going for another one, I mean should I? After giving it a year.

I'm in my first year of a BA degree, my subjects are Psychology, English Lit & Education. Things are not working well for me, I am not liking it so far, disappointed with my college and myself. All I think of is working in the media field, taking interviews, hosting shows, working in...

Sam’s Avatar
Sam Jul 10 226 views

Is it ok to reach out again about application?

I reached out to someone who worked at a company I applied to and they were kind enough to have a video meeting with me through LinkedIn and forward my name to the hiring manager. It was brief but I was thankful they took the time out and we talked a bit about the position and the company. The...

Bilal’s Avatar
Bilal Jul 01 240 views

where i can do free dropshipping?

hi mate..

tell me please where i can earn money from free drop shipping nowadays?

Regards ...

Francisco’s Avatar
Francisco Jun 29 284 views

What steps would you recommend to get a Welding job?

I am a San Jose Job Corps student and I was wondering what I should do after I finished my trade and need to get a job in it.

centajah’s Avatar
centajah Jun 13 135 views

How long did it take for you to get were your at?

I asked this question because I would like to know the time frame that I took to get there

centajah’s Avatar
centajah Jun 13 215 views

To get your job placement, What did you have to do?

It would be helpful for me to know the difference steps it takes to get a job.

centajah’s Avatar
centajah Jun 13 283 views

What is your least and favorite part of your job?

I am asking this question because I would like to know what you look forward to and what you don't.

Sam’s Avatar
Sam Jun 09 192 views

Do all companies have W2?

As I get my first official full time job one of the things that I had no clue how it works is W2 and I've been looking into it. From a simple search I found: In general, the W-2 must be used if the employer has employees and pays them a wage. I recently got an offer letter for full time and...

Vincent’s Avatar
Vincent Jun 01 268 views

How to approach finding engineering work after ten years of only being hired for low-skill jobs?

Received master's degree in engineering ten years ago with excellent grades but I have never had a chance to work in the field. I've had to accept zero-education or associate's degree level work just to have any income at all, and I've worked two associates-level jobs for the past six years. I...

Precious’s Avatar
Precious May 31 159 views

What's the best way to find out about jobs in this field (nursing)?

The best way to find out about a job in nursing is to use an job search platform or go to an job fair relating to nursing.

Sam’s Avatar
Sam May 31 247 views

What to do when you don't remember applying to a job?

I recently graduated and having been applying to multiple positions. The way I keep track of them is either through the Jobs tab on LinkedIn or the standard "thanks for applying" emails you receive after submitting an application. I was contacted for an interview for the company but: - I...

Sam’s Avatar
Sam May 13 218 views

How to ask a recruiter about multiple applications?

I recently applied to a company for 3 different positions. However all of these positions are UI/UX designer/researcher roles. They all had what I was looking for in a position so I applied to all 3. It hasn't been two weeks yet but I recently connected with a recruiter from the company on...

Sam’s Avatar
Sam May 12 192 views

How do you reach out to someone within your network you're not that close with?

I recently applied for a job and noticed that someone within my LinkedIn network works for the company I applied to. This person and I were just classmates and maybe talked once or twice, I don't even think they remember. But, we are connected and I wanted to reach out about my application...

Mia’s Avatar
Mia May 10 362 views

What jobs are slow paced and also high paying?

(Prefer 6 figures or close to)

Adam’s Avatar
Adam May 02 262 views

I heard it can be difficult to find a job in coding because different job qualifications are so specific that they need someone either with experience or very capable of learning and adapting is this true

a family friend who has a job in coding drones had told me it was very difficult for him to find a job out of college because the different jobs had such specific requirements in qualifications that he had to find a job that would accept him and offer job training is this true for most jobs in...

Stephanie’s Avatar
Stephanie Apr 26 249 views

who long does it take to be a Search Marketing Strategists? what classes do I have to take to be a Search Marketing Strategists? what other careers are related to Search Marketing Strategists? how much does being a Search Marketing Strategists cost? what college is best for me?

who long does it take to be a Search Marketing Strategists?
what classes do I have to take to be a Search Marketing Strategists?
what other careers are related to Search Marketing Strategists?
how much does being a Search Marketing Strategists cost?
what college is best for me?

jennifer’s Avatar
jennifer Apr 08 277 views

what was the most challenging part?

like was it difficult finding a job? or overall what was the hardest part? and what advice do you recommend?

Sam’s Avatar
Sam Mar 24 196 views

How do you know if you can discuss an offer letter with someone?

If you receive an offer letter how do you know if are you allowed to review it with someone? If I want to ask the recruiter if I could share it with just my mentor to get advice on the offer is this professional? How should I phrase the question when asking?

Mahmoud’s Avatar
Mahmoud Feb 18 335 views

For people who have many interests in a lot of different career fields was it hard for you to pick a job, and did these interests help you in your job?

#job #career-choice #career-counseling #job-search #career

Sam’s Avatar
Sam Feb 17 315 views

Why can't recruiters give you feedback on why you were rejected?

I'm sure there have been times when someone applies to a job and gets rejected, but when they ask for feedback some recruiters say they can't provide it. For any recruiter on here, if you're able to share, why is this the case? Does this have something to do with company policy or is it just...

Landon’s Avatar
Landon Feb 09 139 views

Is It a good idea to be a mechanic In Minnesota.

what types of mechanics are popular in Minnesota. #mechanics #job-search

Benjamin’s Avatar
Benjamin Feb 07 270 views

How difficult is it to obtain a job as a researcher for a cure for cancer?

I am aware such a job may be a little far-fetched, however, I want to know just how difficult it is to get into such a field of work. I also was wondering what kind of pay and work conditions would accompany such a job. Thank you for your time. #job #career #job-search #science #biology

MAX’s Avatar
MAX Feb 07 175 views

Is a trade job better than a white collar job if im not going to college

I don't want to go to college and I want a job that requires some physical labor and pays well what are some options that I should look into? #job-search

Isabelle’s Avatar
Isabelle Feb 03 185 views

What's the first step to take after college to look for a long term job?

#job-search #college

Qianlin’s Avatar
Qianlin Jan 31 170 views

What if I can't have a job relating to my major?

Is this situation normal? Why did you make that decision? Do you think it's useless to study your major?

#job-search #college-major

Camren-Naya’s Avatar
Camren-Naya Jan 04 200 views

What is the best way to do the job correctly

#job-search #criminaljustice

Zeeshan’s Avatar
Zeeshan Dec 28, 2021 229 views

what should I include in the outline of a cover latter?

#resume #resume #coverlatter #job-search #business #internship #finance #job-application #job-application #collouge

Garvin’s Avatar
Garvin Dec 10, 2021 323 views

What is a decent job? (for your first job)

im a senior at burton high school #job #first-job #job-search #college