Career Questions tagged Networking

C L.’s Avatar
C L. Sep 12 181 views

What to say when reaching out connections on Linkedin?

THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO ANSWER MY QUESTION! Context: I came across a job posting in "X" department I'd like to apply and I know someone who works at that company in "Y" department. I understand that X & Y departments work closely together. I want to gain more insights about the...

#jobapplications #networking #technology #interview #linkedin #employer #careercoaching #career #strategy

Yew Kin L.’s Avatar
Yew Kin L. Aug 06 150 views

How to engage in a conversation with a recipient that only gives one-word answers?

I would break the ice when starting conversations with new connections by asking "How have they been coping during the COVID 19 situation?" etc. Many gave me generic answers like, "I'm good, how are you?" (Seems like I'm the only one invested in the conversation) I find it much easier to...

#networking #sales #conversation

Emilia S.’s Avatar
Emilia S. Jul 19 135 views

Is an internship the way to go?

I'm a student that lives on their own, without financial support from parents. I was wondering if an internship is absolutely necessary to get my "foot in the door", even though financially, I cannot take on an unpaid internship? #internships #networking...

#july20

Nancy O.’s Avatar
Nancy O. Jul 29 164 views

Why is it hard to build my network and find a mentor in my field of study?

I am an IT major. I tried my best to build my network and find a mentor, but it's really hard. Maybe, I am not doing it the right way. I need help....building my network, finding a mentor.....almost EVERYTHING. Technology might be in demand, but it's really hard to find a job without...

#help #networking #major #college #technology #mentor #july20 #network #building

Blessing A.’s Avatar
Blessing A. Jul 29 71 views

What is the best way to build my network and find a mentor in my field of study?

I am an undergraduate student looking to expand my network and find a possible mentor - someone I can whose mistakes I can learn from and who can show me how to navigate the field as a graduate (which I will be in 2021) #july20 #networking...

#mentorship

Aun M.’s Avatar
Aun M. Jun 29 189 views

Would Gaining Certification Level Knowledge for Networking be a Waste if One Wants to Pursue a Career in Software Engineering?

Recently, I've been learning some computer networking in my spare time regarding topics on the CCNA. Although IT is quite interesting and intriguing, I'm leaning towards software development, as I like building new things that can be of use to others. Should I learn the CCNA topics in my spare...

#networking #computer-science #technology #software-engineering

Kota U.’s Avatar
Kota U. Jun 04 131 views
Kota U.’s Avatar
Kota U. May 13 186 views

How to start a career in networking ?

I am a student and I want to career in networking how? #networking #cybersecurity#cloud computing #iot...

#career

Bornventure K.’s Avatar
Bornventure K. May 02 284 views

What volunteering program can I do in my town during this recession.

I'm Kinoti, a high school student at Moi high school Kabarak, Kenya. I love working with other people for other people to bring about sustainability through Noble gestures towards our planet. I also have a strong business acumen within me which I use to bring about poverty- alleviation through...

#networking #high-school #business

Laiba T.’s Avatar
Laiba T. Apr 15 202 views

In a networking session, how do I act natural?

I'm really a cold and mysterious individual which means I tend to keep everything short and precise. This often results in people avoiding me which results in me not being able to express my ideas and views fully or even approach anyone. #antisocial...

#networking

Paajcha Julie X.’s Avatar
Paajcha Julie X. Apr 14 200 views

What is being a copywriter like?

What are the work hours for you? Are you self employed or work for a company? How do you come up with convincing scripts? Do you work in teams or on your own? Do you work remotely or on site? #work #career #marketing #business #advertising #advertisement #copywriting #copywriter #sales #job...

#networking #online #writing

Michael L.’s Avatar
Michael L. Apr 02 313 views

Where do I apply for internships?

I'm currently a high school 11th grader, looking for internships, preferably over the summer. I'm looking to study Business and Economics in college. I am academically successful if that means anything. Thanks! #business #networking #internship #summer-jobs...

#finance

Rasya B.’s Avatar
Rasya B. Mar 24 303 views

What is some advice you would give to a high schooler trying to get into the business and finance world?

I'm currently a sophomore in high school with plans to double major in economics and finance. I'm actively looking for internships and job opportunities that can help me gain some real-world experience before college. #business #finance #entrepreneur #internship...

#networking

Aun M.’s Avatar
Aun M. Feb 23 336 views

What are your thoughts on LinkedIn for high school students? Do you recommend it?

I've already done quite a bit of research on this topic, and have found that most professionals advocate for high school students to have one to increase their digital footprint (positively). I still want to hear more input from professionals, and what they think! Just to put into perspective,...

#job #college #networking #internship #career #job-search

Barbara F.’s Avatar
Barbara F. Feb 05 138 views

What skills and experiences would make an ideal candidate?

I am a sophomore at The Borough of Manhattan Community College. My professional aspiration is to become a human resources manager. I consider myself determined, motivated and an accountable student with highly leadership skills. Looking forward new opportunities to gain experience and achieve...

#human-resources #networking

Grace K.’s Avatar
Grace K. Feb 02 156 views

How can I grow my networks?

I'm currently studying IT software development and will be looking for jobs soon. How can I grow my network and connections so I have a better chance at finding a job in the industry? #job #networking #software-development...

#job-search

Gabrielle B.’s Avatar
Gabrielle B. Jan 30 126 views

Best Community Development Sectors

Where should a person begin to look within the sector of community development, and community services? Should I look towards non-profit organizations or for-profit companies? #networking #internship #technology #business-management #job-application...

#career

Gabrielle B.’s Avatar
Gabrielle B. Jan 30 141 views

What is the best way to create connections within a community?

When working with community outreach, how do you determine where it would be best to look to find connections to a common ground within community development? #community-management #business-management #networking #communitydevelopment #community #outreach #engagement...

#career

Britney B.’s Avatar
Britney B. Jan 27 124 views

Looking for someone flexible with experience?

I'm currently a student at NAIT taking business with a concentration in Human Resources. I have 5+ years of experience in retail as an assistant manager. Great with customer service skills and want to get out into the workforce to help others. #business #career #career #networking...

#peoplefirst #human-resources

Lanasia G.’s Avatar
Lanasia G. Nov 08, 2019 152 views
Lanasia G.’s Avatar
Lanasia G. Nov 08, 2019 151 views
Lanasia G.’s Avatar
Lanasia G. Nov 08, 2019 91 views

How's the occupational outlook for a network architect?

#occupational-outlook #networking #architect #the future I have a computer project about network architect and their...

Dayalis P.’s Avatar
Dayalis P. Nov 08, 2019 125 views
Donovan Z.’s Avatar
Donovan Z. Sep 20, 2019 139 views

Which certificates should I work on first for my time in Internet Security?

I'm at a place that will help me in the networking field, and I want to know which certifications I should try and get first above others....

#networking