Career Questions tagged Networking

Cindy B.’s Avatar
Cindy B. Dec 22, 2020 59 views

I want to build a property (a luxury treehouse). Does anyone have experience in building floor plans or general advice?

I want to build a treehouse business. So far I have: Found mentors Wrote the why, vision and goals of my business plan Researched the market I now want to build a floor plan to use on my website as a Minimum Viable Product that I can show to investors/programmes. Can anyone please help me...

#students #engineers #funding #engineering #architecture #investing #design #property #investors #entrepreneur #networking

Cynthia M.’s Avatar
Cynthia M. Dec 04, 2020 252 views

How do you start having good study habits?

I am a 5th grader and I'm addicted to YouTube and Social Media. That's why I want to kinda get my life together, you know? #social-media #general #media #networking -Thanks for all your...

Omar B.’s Avatar
Omar B. Dec 08, 2020 148 views

What makes a resume different from others?

Im a senior kinesiology college student interested In gaining experience. #student #college-student...

#networking

Denis V.’s Avatar
Denis V. Dec 07, 2020 114 views

What is the real life examples of Data Science that you use in your job?

I'm an Information Systems Graduate Student looking for professional advice and examples of usage of Data Science in real life, not University project. #networking...

#business-student

Arisa Y.’s Avatar
Arisa Y. Nov 29, 2020 153 views

How to get a letter of recommendation when I'm a shy student?

I'm a decent student who occasionally contributes to the conversation and I get A's and B's in school, but I don't think I have developed a close relationship with any of my teachers. Speaking up in class is hard for me and it often feels like I'm being drowned out but other students. I'm...

#general #letterofrec #everyone #introvert #student #networking

Ethan Gabriel’s Avatar
Ethan G. Oct 12, 2020 358 views

How should I go about asking questions in job interviews?

I am a communications and film double major wanting a career in the entertainment industry. #career-choice #jobs #networking...

#interview

C L.’s Avatar
C L. Sep 12, 2020 333 views

What to say when reaching out connections on Linkedin?

THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO ANSWER MY QUESTION! Context: I came across a job posting in "X" department I'd like to apply and I know someone who works at that company in "Y" department. I understand that X & Y departments work closely together. I want to gain more insights about the...

#jobapplications #strategy #technology #interview #linkedin #employer #career #careercoaching #networking

Yew Kin L.’s Avatar
Yew Kin L. Aug 06, 2020 266 views

How to engage in a conversation with a recipient that only gives one-word answers?

I would break the ice when starting conversations with new connections by asking "How have they been coping during the COVID 19 situation?" etc. Many gave me generic answers like, "I'm good, how are you?" (Seems like I'm the only one invested in the conversation) I find it much easier to...

#sales #conversation #networking

Emilia S.’s Avatar
Emilia S. Jul 19, 2020 186 views

Is an internship the way to go?

I'm a student that lives on their own, without financial support from parents. I was wondering if an internship is absolutely necessary to get my "foot in the door", even though financially, I cannot take on an unpaid internship? #internships #networking...

#july20

Nancy O.’s Avatar
Nancy O. Jul 29, 2020 242 views

Why is it hard to build my network and find a mentor in my field of study?

I am an IT major. I tried my best to build my network and find a mentor, but it's really hard. Maybe, I am not doing it the right way. I need help....building my network, finding a mentor.....almost EVERYTHING. Technology might be in demand, but it's really hard to find a job without...

#college #help #network #july20 #technology #building #major #mentor #networking

Blessing A.’s Avatar
Blessing A. Jul 29, 2020 97 views

What is the best way to build my network and find a mentor in my field of study?

I am an undergraduate student looking to expand my network and find a possible mentor - someone I can whose mistakes I can learn from and who can show me how to navigate the field as a graduate (which I will be in 2021) #july20 #networking...

#mentorship

Aun M.’s Avatar
Aun M. Jun 29, 2020 224 views

Would Gaining Certification Level Knowledge for Networking be a Waste if One Wants to Pursue a Career in Software Engineering?

Recently, I've been learning some computer networking in my spare time regarding topics on the CCNA. Although IT is quite interesting and intriguing, I'm leaning towards software development, as I like building new things that can be of use to others. Should I learn the CCNA topics in my spare...

#computer-science #technology #software-engineering #networking

Kota U.’s Avatar
Kota U. Jun 04, 2020 190 views
Kota U.’s Avatar
Kota U. May 13, 2020 242 views

How to start a career in networking ?

I am a student and I want to career in networking how? #networking #cybersecurity#cloud computing #iot...

#career

Bornventure K.’s Avatar
Bornventure K. May 02, 2020 312 views

What volunteering program can I do in my town during this recession.

I'm Kinoti, a high school student at Moi high school Kabarak, Kenya. I love working with other people for other people to bring about sustainability through Noble gestures towards our planet. I also have a strong business acumen within me which I use to bring about poverty- alleviation through...

#business #high-school #networking

Laiba T.’s Avatar
Laiba T. Apr 15, 2020 226 views

In a networking session, how do I act natural?

I'm really a cold and mysterious individual which means I tend to keep everything short and precise. This often results in people avoiding me which results in me not being able to express my ideas and views fully or even approach anyone. #antisocial...

#networking

Paajcha Julie X.’s Avatar
Paajcha Julie X. Apr 14, 2020 270 views

What is being a copywriter like?

What are the work hours for you? Are you self employed or work for a company? How do you come up with convincing scripts? Do you work in teams or on your own? Do you work remotely or on site? #work #career #marketing #business #advertising #advertisement #copywriting #copywriter #sales #job...

#writing #online #networking

Michael L.’s Avatar
Michael L. Apr 02, 2020 453 views

Where do I apply for internships?

I'm currently a high school 11th grader, looking for internships, preferably over the summer. I'm looking to study Business and Economics in college. I am academically successful if that means anything. Thanks! #business #networking #internship #summer-jobs...

#finance

Rasya B.’s Avatar
Rasya B. Mar 24, 2020 351 views

What is some advice you would give to a high schooler trying to get into the business and finance world?

I'm currently a sophomore in high school with plans to double major in economics and finance. I'm actively looking for internships and job opportunities that can help me gain some real-world experience before college. #business #finance #entrepreneur #internship...

#networking

Aun M.’s Avatar
Aun M. Feb 23, 2020 382 views

What are your thoughts on LinkedIn for high school students? Do you recommend it?

I've already done quite a bit of research on this topic, and have found that most professionals advocate for high school students to have one to increase their digital footprint (positively). I still want to hear more input from professionals, and what they think! Just to put into perspective,...

#college #job #career #job-search #internship #networking

Barbara F.’s Avatar
Barbara F. Feb 05, 2020 165 views

What skills and experiences would make an ideal candidate?

I am a sophomore at The Borough of Manhattan Community College. My professional aspiration is to become a human resources manager. I consider myself determined, motivated and an accountable student with highly leadership skills. Looking forward new opportunities to gain experience and achieve...

#networking #human-resources

Grace K.’s Avatar
Grace K. Feb 02, 2020 242 views

How can I grow my networks?

I'm currently studying IT software development and will be looking for jobs soon. How can I grow my network and connections so I have a better chance at finding a job in the industry? #job #networking #software-development...

#job-search

Gabrielle B.’s Avatar
Gabrielle B. Jan 30, 2020 171 views

Best Community Development Sectors

Where should a person begin to look within the sector of community development, and community services? Should I look towards non-profit organizations or for-profit companies? #networking #internship #technology #business-management #job-application...

#career

Gabrielle B.’s Avatar
Gabrielle B. Jan 30, 2020 190 views

What is the best way to create connections within a community?

When working with community outreach, how do you determine where it would be best to look to find connections to a common ground within community development? #community-management #business-management #networking #communitydevelopment #community #outreach #engagement...

#career