Career questions tagged networking

User Avatar
undefined's avatar
Emmanuel346 views

Is it necessary to make connections with those around you to market yourself, or could you do it entirely online with little to no interaction in your real life?

This is more centered to the people around you & the people online, what would be the best way to see good reception?

answer icon10 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Julia276 views

How do you use your network to get good internships?

How do you use your network to get a good internships?

answer icon8 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Deandre253 views

What is the best way to start an agricultural business for beginners

Who are the main people you should be networking with

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Len359 views

How do you manage relationships with contacts you gain after networking?

Talking and managing relationships is overwhelming for me, sometimes I take days to respond to a text or voicemail. I just don't want to be seen as rude

answer icon12 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Jolene301 views

When should you start networking and who is good to get referrals from?

For example, would academic or work referrals be more valued?

answer icon8 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Haarun583 views

What is something I can do to get my foot in the door to cybersecurity?

Im a senior in Highschool and I want to major in cybersecurity what are things I should know before hand

answer icon19 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Calyn335 views

What’s the best way to reach out to firms and organizations about internships?

I’m an aspiring architect student, and was wondering about potentially trying to intern at a local firm for a short while to get a feel for the field.

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Tran316 views

How to network with professionals at career fair?

What questions should I ask and how to make friendly conversations as well as to keep connection with them?

answer icon7 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Daniela385 views

What are the best certificates to get an entry-level internship in cyber-security?

I'm currently a PoliSci major who wants to get an internship in the field of cyber-security, what are the best certificates to get?

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Chris298 views

What is the best way to network ?

I'm a Senior in highschool and want to know what networking is and how it helps.

answer icon10 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Aja419 views

What is the best group to network with for IT in virgina?

I'm a college senior looking for in-person groups to network or start projects with. I moved to Virginia not long ago and am not sure where to start.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Tatiyana383 views

When is the best time to start networking and building professional relationships in your desired career field?

answer icon22 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
vincent172 views

Why Is it so hard to find networking opportunities?

Why is so hard to find networking opportunities?

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Chelsea252 views

Why is "networking" controlling everything ?

What is "networking" and why does everyone rely on it to get a job or internship these days. I know no one and I don't know who to network with to achieve what other are achieving. I am interested in pursuing Finance in the future and I need an internship but without "networking" and communicating I can't. I have no idea how this works and many internships have already turned me down.

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Luca322 views

How to network and get an IB bulge bracket internship?

I would like some pieces of advice on how to network/increase my chances to get an IB internship at a bulge bracket bank. I am an international rising sophomore at Stanford with perfect grades and relevant finance internships. However, I am not great at networking and know that it is super important. How many times, for instance, do I normally need to talk to someone for them to give me a referral? Any tips on how to navigate the process? I am a bit clueless. Thanks in advance!

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Simran310 views

How to network and build connections in the field of Biology as an introvert or a person who is shy to approach people?

Being an international student in a new country, it is hard to form connections in the field of my choice. I wonder how I can to do this to increase my academic and job prospects in the future.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Danil286 views

What Are Effective Strategies for Self-Discipline?

I'm a college junior, studying cybersecurity; with an emphasis on network security. My dream job is to become a network security professional for Cisco and manage Cisco devices; this is the roadmap and the career goal I have set for myself. However, the more I reflect on my current situation, I find myself having a hard time being present and procrastinating over what needs to be done. For example, my biggest goal of the year is to earn the CCNA certification; a highly respected and recognized accolade in the networking industry, earned by many network administrators, who want to work for Cisco. It's a certification I've been interested in for some time now, but I'm finding myself lacking the motivation and get self-doubt in my ability to study; I find myself getting more distracted with less intimidating goals like Hats & Ladders or making this post. What are some effective ways, backed by science to discipline my mind and achieve these accolades?

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Hilda302 views

Are there any tips on getting your first internship? Are there any career recommendations based on my major and certifications?

I am a business management student in my junior year at college, and I am finding it extremely difficult to find any job opportunities. I am completing certifications on Udemy. Some are in marketing analytics and business analysis. I have no job experience besides being a former student assistant and secretary at my college on work-study. Also, are there any career recommendations based on my major and certifications? Thank you!

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Ivan400 views

How do I network in college?

When it comes to engineering careers relating to it I hear that often times people need to network and build connections but how exactly do people do that and how early can I start?

answer icon22 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Jalivia241 views

What do I need to get a bigger and better network of people in my industry?

I am a professional photographer and I am trying to get better at meeting the right people and making the right connections.

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
stella153 views

If you were an introvert, how did you step outside of your comfort zone and start networking?

Was it hard?

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Zoe269 views

What networking apps and websites should I be on?

What networking apps and websites should I be on? List based on major and career field

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Dayana282 views

What types of Communications jobs are there?

I am a communications, media, and theatre major with a minor in communications. I know comm is a broad field, and I'm struggling with what types of job I would want. How do I start networking? Exploring?

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Emily238 views

How can I grow my popularity with potential employers at Disney through LinkedIn posts?

I currently work as a project manager for a commercial real estate company, which I love, but the dream is to someday work as a consultant for Disney or work for the Disney Company. I want to have more virtual coffee meetings with some of their employees and I'm wanting to know how to stand out to them to where they'd want to meet with me.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Fioldalisa303 views

How can I get any internships, if I do not have any experience?

I'm a freshman in college, and I'm trying to gain more experience in the tech industry. However, I am getting rejected/ declined due to a lack of experience. What advice do you have for gaining experience, when you have none?

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
lia436 views

How to connect and build your network in college?

I've heard about networking and I know what it is but how do you find the right people to network with? Also, what do you do after like do you write down their info and keep it somewhere safe in case you need it?

answer icon12 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Grace254 views

How do I work to build my connections?

It is difficult to build connections in an industry like commercial dance. Once you get your big break it is a bit easier, but how do you get the connections to get that big break?

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Abdoulaye229 views

Can you provide me with insights on the most suitable internships and networking strategies that can give me a competitive edge in the field of engineering?

As a passionate senior in college, pursuing a major in Mechanical Engineering, I am eager to explore internship opportunities and establish valuable connections that can help me build a strong and impressive resume.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Anya243 views

How do you balance a work and personal life?

I hear people say that it’s difficult to maintain friendships and also work relations.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Janka247 views

How do i find more people that inspire me and push me to get better in what i want to do?

In my university I can't seem to find many people that have the same burining desire or goals like me. I have big goals for my future, i want to work in the international field in organizations like the UN, but right now I feel a bit stuck and don't seem to find people or mentors that elevate me. I don't know who to reach out to or how to change this and I feel like i need to have better surroundings of people that actually make me learn new things, are ambiguous and smart and give me new ideas. I feel like i need support and advice on how to reach my goals and shape my future, but even the professors in my major are very passive and even when asked don't give out any valuable advice.

answer icon7 answers
Active
location icon