Career Questions tagged Networking

Lorna L.’s Avatar
Lorna L. Lorna L. Jul 13 109 views

Intership recommendation

Hello there, Do you know of any internship positions open and is available for high school students. Any recommendation? #internship #college...

#networking

Eileen T.’s Avatar
Eileen T. Eileen T. Jun 20 140 views

Is it possible to get a good job in Computer Science without a strong network?

I know how important networking is in getting the best jobs out there with a CS degree, however, I'm not the best at talking to or keeping up with people. #computer-science #job-search #career #network #networking...

#job

Cynthia M.’s Avatar
Cynthia M. Cynthia M. Dec 04, 2020 558 views

How do you start having good study habits?

... I'm addicted to YouTube and Social Media. That's why I want to kinda get my life together, you know? #social-media #general #media #networking -Thanks for all your...

Rachel D.’s Avatar
Rachel D. Rachel D. Apr 26 157 views

What is the best way to connect with organizations to apply my degree in marine biology?

I am a high school student planning on going to college to major in marine biology and data science. I want to make the most out of my marine biology degree - I have my eye out for valuable experiences or opportunities that will allow me to network with organizations, but what else can I...

#majors #student-development #careers #marinescience #networking #marinebiology #high-school-students

jose H.’s Avatar
jose H. jose H. Feb 08 195 views

Getting my foot in the door of a I.T network admin job

I recently completed an associate degree in network administration with emphasis in windows systems, specifically in windows 10 and windows server 2016. The prequesites that were needed for me to complete the associate degree included general IT classes, security, and networks. I would like to...

#it #networking #windows #field #technology #systems #job-search

Marco F.’s Avatar
Marco F. Marco F. Jan 28 336 views

How do I network?

I know that when I go to college it is going to be important to be active in my major (activities/clubs/organizations) but how exactly do I go about reaching out to people that might be able to help me advance my career? What do I say? For example, I want to be an aerospace engineer... where do...

#career-path #active #reachingout #networking #career-choice #career #aerospace #career-options #business #entrylevel

Cindy B.’s Avatar
Cindy B. Cindy B. Dec 22, 2020 213 views

I want to build a property (a luxury treehouse). Does anyone have experience in building floor plans or general advice?

I want to build a treehouse business. So far I have: Found mentors Wrote the why, vision and goals of my business plan Researched the market I now want to build a floor plan to use on my website as a Minimum Viable Product that I can show to investors/programmes. Can anyone please help me...

#investors #engineering #engineers #property #students #design #entrepreneur #investing #networking #funding #architecture

Omar B.’s Avatar
Omar B. Omar B. Dec 08, 2020 277 views

What makes a resume different from others?

Im a senior kinesiology college student interested In gaining experience. #student #college-student...

#networking

Denis V.’s Avatar
Denis V. Denis V. Dec 07, 2020 200 views

What is the real life examples of Data Science that you use in your job?

I'm an Information Systems Graduate Student looking for professional advice and examples of usage of Data Science in real life, not University project. #networking...

#business-student

Arisa Y.’s Avatar
Arisa Y. Arisa Y. Nov 29, 2020 531 views

How to get a letter of recommendation when I'm a shy student?

I'm a decent student who occasionally contributes to the conversation and I get A's and B's in school, but I don't think I have developed a close relationship with any of my teachers. Speaking up in class is hard for me and it often feels like I'm being drowned out but other students. I'm...

#everyone #introvert #general #student #networking #letterofrec

Ethan Gabriel’s Avatar
Ethan G. Ethan G. Oct 12, 2020 765 views

How should I go about asking questions in job interviews?

I am a communications and film double major wanting a career in the entertainment industry. #career-choice #jobs #networking...

#interview

C L.’s Avatar
C L. C L. Sep 12, 2020 539 views

What to say when reaching out connections on Linkedin?

THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO ANSWER MY QUESTION! Context: I came across a job posting in "X" department I'd like to apply and I know someone who works at that company in "Y" department. I understand that X & Y departments work closely together. I want to gain more insights about the...

#employer #careercoaching #technology #linkedin #career #jobapplications #strategy #interview #networking

Yew Kin L.’s Avatar
Yew Kin L. Yew Kin L. Aug 06, 2020 500 views

How to engage in a conversation with a recipient that only gives one-word answers?

I would break the ice when starting conversations with new connections by asking "How have they been coping during the COVID 19 situation?" etc. Many gave me generic answers like, "I'm good, how are you?" (Seems like I'm the only one invested in the conversation) I find it much easier to...

#networking #sales #conversation

Emilia S.’s Avatar
Emilia S. Emilia S. Jul 19, 2020 277 views

Is an internship the way to go?

I'm a student that lives on their own, without financial support from parents. I was wondering if an internship is absolutely necessary to get my "foot in the door", even though financially, I cannot take on an unpaid internship? #internships #networking...

#july20

Nancy O.’s Avatar
Nancy O. Nancy O. Jul 29, 2020 373 views

Why is it hard to build my network and find a mentor in my field of study?

I am an IT major. I tried my best to build my network and find a mentor, but it's really hard. Maybe, I am not doing it the right way. I need help....building my network, finding a mentor.....almost EVERYTHING. Technology might be in demand, but it's really hard to find a job without...

#help #network #july20 #building #technology #mentor #college #networking #major

Blessing A.’s Avatar
Blessing A. Blessing A. Jul 29, 2020 160 views

What is the best way to build my network and find a mentor in my field of study?

I am an undergraduate student looking to expand my network and find a possible mentor - someone I can whose mistakes I can learn from and who can show me how to navigate the field as a graduate (which I will be in 2021) #july20 #networking...

#mentorship

Aun M.’s Avatar
Aun M. Aun M. Jun 29, 2020 359 views

Would Gaining Certification Level Knowledge for Networking be a Waste if One Wants to Pursue a Career in Software Engineering?

Recently, I've been learning some computer networking in my spare time regarding topics on the CCNA. Although IT is quite interesting and intriguing, I'm leaning towards software development, as I like building new things that can be of use to others. Should I learn the CCNA topics in my spare...

#technology #networking #computer-science #software-engineering

Kota U.’s Avatar
Kota U. Kota U. Jun 04, 2020 498 views
Kota U.’s Avatar
Kota U. Kota U. May 13, 2020 372 views

How to start a career in networking ?

I am a student and I want to career in networking how? #networking #cybersecurity#cloud computing #iot...

#career

Bornventure K.’s Avatar
Bornventure K. Bornventure K. May 02, 2020 403 views

What volunteering program can I do in my town during this recession.

I'm Kinoti, a high school student at Moi high school Kabarak, Kenya. I love working with other people for other people to bring about sustainability through Noble gestures towards our planet. I also have a strong business acumen within me which I use to bring about poverty- alleviation through...

#high-school #networking #business

Laiba T.’s Avatar
Laiba T. Laiba T. Apr 15, 2020 357 views

In a networking session, how do I act natural?

I'm really a cold and mysterious individual which means I tend to keep everything short and precise. This often results in people avoiding me which results in me not being able to express my ideas and views fully or even approach anyone. #antisocial...

#networking

Paajcha Julie X.’s Avatar
Paajcha Julie X. Paajcha Julie X. Apr 14, 2020 362 views

What is being a copywriter like?

What are the work hours for you? Are you self employed or work for a company? How do you come up with convincing scripts? Do you work in teams or on your own? Do you work remotely or on site? #work #career #marketing #business #advertising #advertisement #copywriting #copywriter #sales #job...

#networking #writing #online

Michael L.’s Avatar
Michael L. Michael L. Apr 02, 2020 769 views

Where do I apply for internships?

I'm currently a high school 11th grader, looking for internships, preferably over the summer. I'm looking to study Business and Economics in college. I am academically successful if that means anything. Thanks! #business #networking #internship #summer-jobs...

#finance

Rasya B.’s Avatar
Rasya B. Rasya B. Mar 24, 2020 489 views

What is some advice you would give to a high schooler trying to get into the business and finance world?

I'm currently a sophomore in high school with plans to double major in economics and finance. I'm actively looking for internships and job opportunities that can help me gain some real-world experience before college. #business #finance #entrepreneur #internship...

#networking