Career Questions tagged Network

Eileen T.’s Avatar
Eileen T. Jun 20 281 views

Is it possible to get a good job in Computer Science without a strong network?

I know how important networking is in getting the best jobs out there with a CS degree, however, I'm not the best at talking to or keeping up with people. computer-science job-search career network networking...

job

Nancy O.’s Avatar
Nancy O. Jul 29, 2020 427 views

Why is it hard to build my network and find a mentor in my field of study?

I am an IT major. I tried my best to build my network and find a mentor, but it's really hard. Maybe, I am not doing it the right way. I need help....building my network, finding a mentor.....almost EVERYTHING. Technology might be in demand, but it's really hard to find a job without...

college help networking mentor july20 building technology major network

Kota U.’s Avatar
Kota U. Jun 04, 2020 697 views
Armando T.’s Avatar
Armando T. Jan 05, 2020 338 views

What should my next steps be upon acquiring my first professional role? What should I be doing now to become an expert in my field, specifically cybersecurity?

I am currently in my last quarter of my masters degree program and have accepted my first professional cyber security role. I want to ensure that I create a solid foundation for my career and do everything possible to become a knowledgeable expert in my field. cybersecurity Network security...

career

Caitlin P.’s Avatar
Caitlin P. Jul 12, 2018 1510 views

What part of your job do you love the most?

I am an incoming freshman (Undeclared) with interests in Civil Engineering, Environmental Policy, Biostatistics, Data Science, Sociology, Public Health, Entrepreneurship, Product Design, Network Administration, and Financial Analyst & Planning. I am exploring different career possibilities...

civil stem biostatistics environmental business undeclared health administration major network data public-health sociology planning analyst science entrepreneurship public design financial engineering product policy

Yuniba Y.’s Avatar
Yuniba Y. Aug 25, 2018 371 views

What is the best way to approach a professor about research opportunities

I am wondering about in laboratory research opportunities for undergraduates professor network research...

relations

Demetrio G.’s Avatar
Demetrio G. Dec 11, 2016 683 views

Interships which ones are right for you?

Hi , my name is Demetrio i'm a current undergad student at devry university im majoring in Network systems Administrator and would like to express some useful thought to those who dont have a clue about how to gain experience in your field that will be suitable in the future so, If you're a...

entrylevel administrators college internships engineering networking network

Carina S.’s Avatar
Carina S. Mar 19, 2018 353 views

What are three suggestions on the best way to network?

My plans are to attend a career fair in the future and my hopes are to network, so that I can find an internship....

network

Hadiyah O.’s Avatar
Hadiyah O. Jan 17, 2018 607 views

How do you get comfortable networking?

I need to get a better job and find my way into a career. I have trouble approaching people and selling myself. network job career sociology...

economics

Christian F.’s Avatar
Christian F. Sep 01, 2017 379 views

How does a student make the most out of attending a professional conference?

I'm going to be attending a Student Affairs professional conference in October, which will be my first ever attendance at a professional conference. I'm looking to make the most out of this experience and to develop good practices for attendance at future conferences, so I wanted to ask for...

studentaffairs networking business network

Yenna C.’s Avatar
Yenna C. Sep 01, 2017 490 views

What's the best way to make friends in college?

I am asking because I want to make good connections in college with the right people. friends networking...

network

Ben  L.’s Avatar
Ben L. Aug 09, 2017 868 views

Where can I network with professionals outside of career fairs? Where can I network with professionals specifically in my future career field?

I am an advertising major at SJSU entering my 4th year and I want to start preparing for my life post-college. I want to get a job in the advertising industry. One the pieces of advice I hear a lot is "network with other people!" Where do I find these people? Also, I how do I find networking...

meeting-new-people network marketing-and-advertising job-search networking

Nicole C.’s Avatar
Nicole C. Jan 24, 2017 727 views

What websites offer a good platform for networking other than LinkedIn?

I am looking to network with professionals and am wondering if there are sites other than LinkedIn that can offer these opportunities? business networking social-networking network...

business-networking

Abdulwahab A.’s Avatar
Abdulwahab A. Dec 05, 2016 573 views

Career network for a student abroad?

I am currently a college student abroad in the U.S. and my question is that how do I successfully build a network here in U.S.? How should I maintain it while I travel in-between two/three countries? college business student study-abroad...

network

Kira N.’s Avatar
Kira N. Jul 12, 2016 1202 views

How do you network?

I have a pretty vague conception of what networking is and how you do it and why it is beneficial. networking social-networking computer-networking...

network

Anand D.’s Avatar
Anand D. Jun 23, 2016 725 views

Job Oppurtunities

Completed My Msc IT. Working in one Concern for 3 months. Do I have in Job opportunities related to my studies in Coimbatore, Chennai, Bangalore with Good Salary business computer educator tech technical...

network

Timothy O.’s Avatar
Timothy O. Jun 06, 2016 1135 views

How important are the networks that we build in college?

I am a high school junior pursuing Harvard University, an extremely influential school known for it's impeccable network building qualities. I want to know how the networks we build with people in college actually affect our careers. college marketing student...

network