Career Questions tagged Economics

Tsz Ho Y.’s Avatar
Tsz Ho Y. Feb 13 37 views

Should I learn Python or R or other programming language?

I'm a college student in Economics and Finance. Right now I am quite good at Excel VBA and I want to learn one more programming language to give me an advantage in finding jobs. It seems to me that Python and R have their own strengths and weaknesses but I'm not too sure about it. #job-search...

#economics #python #finance #programming

Tsz Ho Y.’s Avatar
Tsz Ho Y. Feb 13 23 views

What field can I work in after studying Economics and Finance?

I am a penultimate year student and am finding graduation job. It seems that everyone is only aiming for the banking industry or maybe some investment firms. Is there any other obtions? #finance #business #economics...

#job-search

James B.’s Avatar
James B. Feb 06 41 views

How to be involved in economics?

I like math and i think that i'm pretty good #college #math #economics #accounting #college-major...

Ayon R.’s Avatar
Ayon R. Jan 16 65 views

How do I become a Data Scientist after completing my undergraduate degree in Economics?

I'm currently pursuing an Economics degree (lots of econometrics experience) and I am learning principles of machine learning on the side. What aspect of data science should I focus on honing to get my foot into the world of DS/ML? #technology...

#economics

Tim S.’s Avatar
Tim S. Nov 07, 2019 84 views

How did you make post-secondary affordable?

Good at learning. Open to feedback. Friendly and playful. Looking to get out of my state for college. Aspirations of being an English major. #college #english #business...

#economics

Michael M.’s Avatar
Michael M. Oct 03, 2019 74 views
Zachary N.’s Avatar
Zachary N. Sep 05, 2019 91 views

What is best major for banking and finance career?

I am a HS sophomore taking college now course s. I just started with a communication and public speaking course. #finance #college-major #business...

#economics

Felicita I.’s Avatar
Felicita I. May 15, 2019 161 views

Is a bachelors in Economics better then a PR or Marketing degree?

To make a very long story short, I received a regional scholarship however the school that I plan on attending does not have my major I want to study which would be Public Relations and Marketing. A family friend told me it was better to get a degree in Economics, which would help me with...

#public-relations #marketing #economics #finance #college #business

Antonia B.’s Avatar
Antonia B. Mar 24, 2019 135 views

What are some examples of specific careers I could land with a degree in Economics?

I want to pursue Economics because I want to become an entrepreneur and I have quite an interest in the field of study, but I am also interested in knowing what careers this field has to offer. #economics...

#economicsdegree

Jack K.’s Avatar
Jack K. Feb 27, 2019 120 views

How do you find opportunities that are unique to yourself?

I am in 10th grade and am talented at programming and well read in economics and aquaponics. I want to know if there is anything that I would benefit from doing? #engineering #career #college #any #economics #programming #infosec #aquaponics #engineer #trading #commodities...

#regulation

Maxwell M.’s Avatar
Maxwell M. Feb 12, 2019 150 views

What careers in economics are there that involve being a part of a team?

I am very interested in economics, but worry if I get an economic degree, I will be stuck behind a desk doing research, or teaching. I enjoy being a valued member of a team or community, and wonder if there is #career in #economics that will allow for that. #business #college...

#college-major

Ma J.’s Avatar
Ma J. Jan 09, 2019 253 views

Economics+ Civil Engineering, Double degree, is it worth it?

So, I'm a sem3 final year A2 Level student from Malaysia and I'm thinking of pursuing Civil Engineering later in Uni. I have thought of diverging into the finance/ economics line, and have considered getting a CFA or Masters in Econs, as Economics is one of my favourite subjects. I also like...

#double #civil #university #economics #ntu #engineering

Sabrina D.’s Avatar
Sabrina D. Oct 31, 2018 173 views

I want to work in Economic Development as a career what should I do when I enter college to prepare me for a career after I graduate?

I am going to be a freshman in College startinf fall 2019.I am going to major in economics and/or Business Administration. #economics #businessmajor #development...

#collegefreshman

Ivanna P.’s Avatar
Ivanna P. Aug 24, 2018 170 views

difference between BS and BA for economics?

i am trying to decied between the two. #economics...

Ankit G.’s Avatar
Ankit G. Apr 13, 2018 185 views

I'm a comerce graduate and i'm very much interested in automobile line. What should i do?

I want to take a decision for my career and want to know as per my interest which field will be good for me. Please help. #automobile #commerce #business #economics...

#automotive

Hannah V.’s Avatar
Hannah V. Apr 19, 2018 201 views

What will the economy be like in the future for non Americans students?

There are different rules for different kinds of students in the United ted States. #immigration #society #diversity #economy #economics #international #student...

Anthony E.’s Avatar
Anthony E. Jul 28, 2018 142 views

What do I need to know to succeed in the field of Economics?

I'm planning on majoring in Economics and I'm looking for advice on what I need to do to be successful. What topics should I focus on in college and what kind of job/internship positions should I apply for both during and after college? #knowledge #skills #career #job...

#economics

mehika P.’s Avatar
mehika P. Jul 06, 2018 182 views

Can I get a job in the music industry with an economics degree?

How likely is it for me to be able to gain employment in the music industry with an economics degree? I figure there are lots of opportunities for that degree to be useful in such a market run industry.. Just wondering! #music #music-industry...

#economics

JaChae C.’s Avatar
JaChae C. Jul 05, 2018 275 views

What are the tasks and responsibilities Real Estate Agents have?

I am a high school senior wanting to become a real estate agent. I wanted to know an in depth what the responsibilities and tasks are so I could maybe prepare myself before actually becoming a real estate agent. #business #real-estate #employer #realtor #economics #housing #estate #help...

#pro #focus #ceo #marketing

Rebecca A.’s Avatar
Rebecca A. Jun 21, 2018 388 views

What career options are there for economics majors?

I am studying economics at Brown; I really like how economic thinking can solve problems, but I am not a huge fan of math (I do not plan to take any beyond statistics and Calc II which are required). I am very interested in public policy, but more from an applied microeconomics view (rather...

#professor #research #career #economics #policy #government #phd

Daniel S.’s Avatar
Daniel S. Jan 17, 2018 224 views

Should I pursue the science of economics if I'm not interested in business?

I'm not going to college to become a businessperson or investor or suchlike, but the science of #economics fascinates me. Are there enough opportunities for people in this area that getting a degree in economics isn't a silly idea for me?...

#business

zarah Z.’s Avatar
zarah Z. May 27, 2016 542 views

What type of jobs does an economics degree lead to?

I am trying to figure out my major for undergraduate studying. #college #professor...

#economics

Alina R.’s Avatar
Alina R. Mar 20, 2018 185 views

What is the best study tool to learn economics for beginners?

I am taking Competitive Strategy at the Yale School of Management this semester. I have no economics background and even though the material isn't completely over my head, I feel intimidated and behind. What can I do to catch up, even a little? Is there a one-stop website or book that can...

#graduate-school #economics #business

Kira Z.’s Avatar
Kira Z. Mar 18, 2018 332 views

How focused is an economics major on fiance/business?

I'm thinking about majoring in Economics, but I have very little interest in going into a career related to Wall Street, the stock market, etc, or continuing on to business school. I'm most interested in economics research in behavioral economics, and some in policy. To what extent would a...

#college-major #economics

Hadiyah O.’s Avatar
Hadiyah O. Jan 17, 2018 338 views

How do you get comfortable networking?

I need to get a better job and find my way into a career. I have trouble approaching people and selling myself. #network #job #career #sociology...

#economics

Michael S.’s Avatar
Michael S. Jan 17, 2018 264 views

How will the future of North American economy affect my own future?

I have high ambitions and goals to achieve in my life, and though I do wish to excel in all possible aspects of my life, I worry about the instability of the United States' economic system. Considering history's tendency to repeat itself due to human ignorance and general myopia, the economic...

#economics #global-economics #future