Career Questions tagged Economics

Kelvin L.’s Avatar
Kelvin L. Oct 05 76 views

Is a double major in Computer Science and Economics a valuable double major to pursue?

I am a junior in high school. I'm interested to learn more about what you can do with these two majors and how these two majors can benefit off of each other. college-major major computer-science investment-management finance business economics...

Kelvin L.’s Avatar
Kelvin L. Sep 15 86 views

How has your experience been like working for an investment management firm?

I interned at an investment management firm this summer, but I'd like to learn more about the experiences of other analysts, portfolio managers, and other professionals. investment-management finance business...

economics

Areeba A.’s Avatar
Areeba A. May 24 162 views

How do I pick a college major based on my diverse interests?

I am very interested in bio and computer but I have no interest in chem and physics .I am interested in business studies, economics and accounts and I want a quick degree which takes no more than 3 years.I need advice!! business major college economics cs...

biology

Louisa M.’s Avatar
Louisa M. Apr 21 149 views

What do you want to be when you're older?

I am very organised and love numbers. I have a passion for economics and maths. I hope to study it in college. I am open to listening to everyone's ideas coz I believe in...

teamwork

Anish S.’s Avatar
Anish S. Mar 17 353 views

What are the proccess to invest in stockmarket Step By Step?And tips to Ivesting in Stock Market for Students?

I am a student.I need to earn money for my higher studies so i think to invest in stock market investment-management marketing finance economics ..So i need suggestions from...

Sharmilla H.’s Avatar
Sharmilla H. Feb 26 188 views

How do I make my resume stand out when I don't have any work experience?

I'm a final year student who has to go into the corporate world soon. However, it's hard writing and building my resume because I have no previous work experience. How can I stand out? job work employment...

economics

Keshari P.’s Avatar
Keshari P. Feb 19 273 views

I'm not sure what majors I should take. It's between finance and economics or finance and marketing.

I don't know which two would be better suited together and in the job field. finance economics marketing...

career

Laniya W.’s Avatar
Laniya W. Nov 30, 2020 196 views

What are some occupations for an International Business major Economics minor? Is this a degree a waste?

I chose International Business and Economics because I am interested in business and politics and wanted degree that could be useful in both, but the more I look for jobs in business, the less value I see in my choice. I am still a freshman so I have time to change it. business...

economics collegestudent minor givingiscaring internationalbusiness major

Elizabeth H.’s Avatar
Elizabeth H. Nov 19, 2020 396 views

Which online learning communities would you recommend for gaining more business knowledge?

I am an accounting student, who would like to find an online learning community that would help me broaden my business knowledge, such as analytics, software programs, finances, economics, and other nonaccounting areas of business. I am very interested in this information at an international...

international economics business analytics

Jerry D.’s Avatar
Jerry D. Oct 27, 2020 185 views

Steps to become a buisness owner

Im a junior in highschool and i want to open my own store and i was wondering what higher education and or work experience is needed to complete my goal general colleges...

economics

Angelina C.’s Avatar
Angelina C. Jul 25, 2020 524 views

How did you decide what you wanted to do after college?

I am a rising high school senior who is interested in STEM, and I would like to know more about the possible career paths in this field. career stem careers engineering tech medicine technology chemistry math economics mathematics...

data

mariwan M.’s Avatar
mariwan M. Jul 21, 2020 168 views
Zoe Z.’s Avatar
Zoe Z. Jul 18, 2020 314 views

Is a master in economics worth it?

I'm a sophomore in college. I am majoring in statistics and economics. My school's program allows me to pursue a master continuing my undergraduate study. I heard many people suggest economics graduates to pursue a more technical master such as data science to find better jobs, so I was...

july20 masters-degree economics statistics master

Deborah M.’s Avatar
Deborah M. Jun 02, 2020 435 views

I would like a job where you can travel around the world, what kind of jobs do that? How can I take over the corrupt DCFS system?

economics My name is Deborah and I like warm places. I am a people person, so I would like to travel around the world and learn different cultures. When I go to college I want to major in business so I can take over the corrupt DCFS system as well as build a better place for orphans....

travel business dcfs career

danieh K.’s Avatar
danieh K. May 14, 2020 685 views

Should I take calculus?

I'm in high school right now wanting to pursue an education in business/economics, and I'm wondering if I should take calculus in my senior year. Any advice? math business career econ economics highschool school professional...

university

danieh K.’s Avatar
danieh K. May 11, 2020 1350 views

Math is not one of my strongest strengths. Will I struggle in the area of economics because of this?

Hi, I'm a 16-year-old high school student determined to get an education in the areas of economics and business. I have many strengths but one of them does not include math. The Idea of this extremely bothers me because I feel as if I will struggle. Any advice? (thank you for all the...

highschool strengths economics business linkedin math student highschoolstudent career

danieh K.’s Avatar
danieh K. May 11, 2020 574 views

Math is not one of my strongest strengths. Will I struggle in the area of economics because of this.

danieh K.’s Avatar
danieh K. May 06, 2020 527 views

What types of jobs can I pursue with a background in economics?

Hi, I'm a 16-year-old high school student determined to get an education in the areas of economics and business. I have a huge interest in these subjects but I'm not sure what types of jobs I would be pursuing as an economist in the future. career economics business highschool...

student highschoolstudent linkedin

danieh K.’s Avatar
danieh K. May 03, 2020 800 views

How can I make the best connections on linkedin as a high school student

I'm a 16-year-old high school student in grade 11, aspiring to pursue a future in the business industry. Subjects like economics, and information technology interest me and I hope to gain more knowledge in those areas. business technology student highschool sfu...

economics

Hailin G.’s Avatar
Hailin G. Apr 23, 2020 551 views

How did studying abroad shape your career?

I am currently a student at UW. I am interested in studying abroad (specifically Tsinghua University) during my junior year. Out of curiosity, what are your favorite aspects of studying abroad? How did it shape you and your career? Which part of the experience stood out to you?...

college travel economics exchange study-abroad

Claudia D.’s Avatar
Claudia D. Apr 22, 2020 267 views

What career options are out there for me?

I am currently studying a degree in economics, and it seems the only options for placement years, internships, or graduate jobs are accounting or investment banking. I find my strengths do not lie with accounting and I am good at macroeconomics, specifically development economics and i am quite...

economics business development logical internship

Hailin G.’s Avatar
Hailin G. Apr 20, 2020 455 views

What can you do with both a statistics(or applied math) degree and an economics degree?

I am interested in statistics, applied math, and economics, but don't know people who had double-majored in these areas. Just wondering what your working experience is like before and after graduation. How is your day like and what is the best part of your job? Much thanks! math career...

technology economics statistics

Isabeth M.’s Avatar
Isabeth M. Apr 13, 2020 309 views

How can I get involved in economics and political science? Especially with research. How can I be a leader with these interests?

I’d like to become involved in economics and poli sci and really stand out as a high school student. Are there any recommendations for research or extracurriculars I can start. I have seen people publish books and start organizations and I don’t really have any ideas so far. I am really...

economics international international-relations political-science politics college college-major high-school

Tsz Ho Y.’s Avatar
Tsz Ho Y. Feb 13, 2020 519 views

Should I learn Python or R or other programming language?

I'm a college student in Economics and Finance. Right now I am quite good at Excel VBA and I want to learn one more programming language to give me an advantage in finding jobs. It seems to me that Python and R have their own strengths and weaknesses but I'm not too sure about it. job-search...

programming economics python finance

Tsz Ho Y.’s Avatar
Tsz Ho Y. Feb 13, 2020 297 views

What field can I work in after studying Economics and Finance?

I am a penultimate year student and am finding graduation job. It seems that everyone is only aiming for the banking industry or maybe some investment firms. Is there any other obtions? finance business economics...

job-search

James B.’s Avatar
James B. Feb 06, 2020 334 views

How to be involved in economics?

I like math and i think that i'm pretty good college math economics accounting college-major...