Career Questions tagged Economics

Elizabeth H.’s Avatar
Elizabeth H. Nov 19 95 views

Which online learning communities would you recommend for gaining more business knowledge?

I am an accounting student, who would like to find an online learning community that would help me broaden my business knowledge, such as analytics, software programs, finances, economics, and other nonaccounting areas of business. I am very interested in this information at an international...

#international #business #economics #analytics

Jerry D.’s Avatar
Jerry D. Oct 27 47 views

Steps to become a buisness owner

Im a junior in highschool and i want to open my own store and i was wondering what higher education and or work experience is needed to complete my goal #general #colleges...

#economics

Angelina C.’s Avatar
Angelina C. Jul 25 306 views

How did you decide what you wanted to do after college?

I am a rising high school senior who is interested in STEM, and I would like to know more about the possible career paths in this field. #career #stem #careers #engineering #tech #medicine #technology #chemistry #math #economics #mathematics...

#data

mariwan M.’s Avatar
mariwan M. Jul 21 67 views
Zoe Z.’s Avatar
Zoe Z. Jul 18 105 views

Is a master in economics worth it?

I'm a sophomore in college. I am majoring in statistics and economics. My school's program allows me to pursue a master continuing my undergraduate study. I heard many people suggest economics graduates to pursue a more technical master such as data science to find better jobs, so I was...

#master #economics #masters-degree #statistics #july20

Deborah M.’s Avatar
Deborah M. Jun 02 267 views

I would like a job where you can travel around the world, what kind of jobs do that? How can I take over the corrupt DCFS system?

#economics My name is Deborah and I like warm places. I am a people person, so I would like to travel around the world and learn different cultures. When I go to college I want to major in business so I can take over the corrupt DCFS system as well as build a better place for orphans....

#travel #dcfs #business #career

danieh K.’s Avatar
danieh K. May 14 450 views

Should I take calculus?

I'm in high school right now wanting to pursue an education in business/economics, and I'm wondering if I should take calculus in my senior year. Any advice? #math #business #career #econ #economics #highschool #school #professional...

#university

danieh K.’s Avatar
danieh K. May 11 505 views

Math is not one of my strongest strengths. Will I struggle in the area of economics because of this?

Hi, I'm a 16-year-old high school student determined to get an education in the areas of economics and business. I have many strengths but one of them does not include math. The Idea of this extremely bothers me because I feel as if I will struggle. Any advice? (thank you for all the...

#math #highschool #strengths #highschoolstudent #student #business #economics #linkedin #career

danieh K.’s Avatar
danieh K. May 11 281 views

Math is not one of my strongest strengths. Will I struggle in the area of economics because of this.

danieh K.’s Avatar
danieh K. May 06 328 views

What types of jobs can I pursue with a background in economics?

Hi, I'm a 16-year-old high school student determined to get an education in the areas of economics and business. I have a huge interest in these subjects but I'm not sure what types of jobs I would be pursuing as an economist in the future. #career #economics #business #highschool...

#student #linkedin #highschoolstudent

danieh K.’s Avatar
danieh K. May 03 564 views

How can I make the best connections on linkedin as a high school student

I'm a 16-year-old high school student in grade 11, aspiring to pursue a future in the business industry. Subjects like economics, and information technology interest me and I hope to gain more knowledge in those areas. #business #technology #student #highschool #sfu...

#economics

Hailin G.’s Avatar
Hailin G. Apr 23 278 views

How did studying abroad shape your career?

I am currently a student at UW. I am interested in studying abroad (specifically Tsinghua University) during my junior year. Out of curiosity, what are your favorite aspects of studying abroad? How did it shape you and your career? Which part of the experience stood out to you?...

#college #economics #travel #exchange #study-abroad

Claudia D.’s Avatar
Claudia D. Apr 22 146 views

What career options are out there for me?

I am currently studying a degree in economics, and it seems the only options for placement years, internships, or graduate jobs are accounting or investment banking. I find my strengths do not lie with accounting and I am good at macroeconomics, specifically development economics and i am quite...

#development #business #economics #logical #internship

Hailin G.’s Avatar
Hailin G. Apr 20 259 views

What can you do with both a statistics(or applied math) degree and an economics degree?

I am interested in statistics, applied math, and economics, but don't know people who had double-majored in these areas. Just wondering what your working experience is like before and after graduation. How is your day like and what is the best part of your job? Much thanks! #math #career...

#technology #statistics #economics

Isabeth M.’s Avatar
Isabeth M. Apr 13 150 views

How can I get involved in economics and political science? Especially with research. How can I be a leader with these interests?

I’d like to become involved in economics and poli sci and really stand out as a high school student. Are there any recommendations for research or extracurriculars I can start. I have seen people publish books and start organizations and I don’t really have any ideas so far. I am really...

#college #politics #high-school #international-relations #college-major #political-science #economics #international

Kakwi K.’s Avatar
Kakwi K. Apr 07 453 views
Tsz Ho Y.’s Avatar
Tsz Ho Y. Feb 13 341 views

Should I learn Python or R or other programming language?

I'm a college student in Economics and Finance. Right now I am quite good at Excel VBA and I want to learn one more programming language to give me an advantage in finding jobs. It seems to me that Python and R have their own strengths and weaknesses but I'm not too sure about it. #job-search...

#finance #python #economics #programming

Tsz Ho Y.’s Avatar
Tsz Ho Y. Feb 13 170 views

What field can I work in after studying Economics and Finance?

I am a penultimate year student and am finding graduation job. It seems that everyone is only aiming for the banking industry or maybe some investment firms. Is there any other obtions? #finance #business #economics...

#job-search

James B.’s Avatar
James B. Feb 06 226 views

How to be involved in economics?

I like math and i think that i'm pretty good #college #math #economics #accounting #college-major...

Ayon R.’s Avatar
Ayon R. Jan 16 169 views

How do I become a Data Scientist after completing my undergraduate degree in Economics?

I'm currently pursuing an Economics degree (lots of econometrics experience) and I am learning principles of machine learning on the side. What aspect of data science should I focus on honing to get my foot into the world of DS/ML? #technology...

#economics

Tim S.’s Avatar
Tim S. Nov 07, 2019 171 views

How did you make post-secondary affordable?

Good at learning. Open to feedback. Friendly and playful. Looking to get out of my state for college. Aspirations of being an English major. #college #english #business...

#economics

Michael M.’s Avatar
Michael M. Oct 03, 2019 163 views
Zachary N.’s Avatar
Zachary N. Sep 05, 2019 317 views

What is best major for banking and finance career?

I am a HS sophomore taking college now course s. I just started with a communication and public speaking course. #finance #college-major #business...

#economics

Felicita I.’s Avatar
Felicita I. May 15, 2019 304 views

Is a bachelors in Economics better then a PR or Marketing degree?

To make a very long story short, I received a regional scholarship however the school that I plan on attending does not have my major I want to study which would be Public Relations and Marketing. A family friend told me it was better to get a degree in Economics, which would help me with...

#college #business #public-relations #economics #finance #marketing

Antonia B.’s Avatar
Antonia B. Mar 24, 2019 209 views

What are some examples of specific careers I could land with a degree in Economics?

I want to pursue Economics because I want to become an entrepreneur and I have quite an interest in the field of study, but I am also interested in knowing what careers this field has to offer. #economics...

#economicsdegree

Jack K.’s Avatar
Jack K. Feb 27, 2019 226 views

How do you find opportunities that are unique to yourself?

I am in 10th grade and am talented at programming and well read in economics and aquaponics. I want to know if there is anything that I would benefit from doing? #engineering #career #college #any #economics #programming #infosec #aquaponics #engineer #trading #commodities...

#regulation

Maxwell M.’s Avatar
Maxwell M. Feb 12, 2019 229 views

What careers in economics are there that involve being a part of a team?

I am very interested in economics, but worry if I get an economic degree, I will be stuck behind a desk doing research, or teaching. I enjoy being a valued member of a team or community, and wonder if there is #career in #economics that will allow for that. #business #college...

#college-major