Career Questions tagged Art

Art is found in many careers. Technology, music, painting, and welding are some of the many artistic careers available. For more information, please read below.

Angelina G.’s Avatar
Angelina G. 13 hours ago 8 views
Morgan L.’s Avatar
Morgan L. Oct 23 22 views

What is involved with running your own business? Is it the right option for me?

I'm a 12th grader looking to choose between the arts and sciences for her career, and one option I've been introduced to is freelance work as an artist, or being a small business owner. Is it really as glamorous as it sounds? How long does it take? Is it worth the potential risk?...

#art #career-counseling #smallbuisiness #freelance

Kayley S.’s Avatar
Kayley S. Oct 23 38 views

What advice would you give to someone considering a job as a concept artist/illustrator? What about an art director?

One of the things I'm scared of is burnout and art block. I've struggled with those issues in the past (as has every artist) but I'm worried if it'll greatly affect my work. #art #artist #fine-art #arts #conceptartist...

#artdirector

Kayley S.’s Avatar
Kayley S. Oct 23 11 views

What are the drawbacks of being a concept artist/illustrator? What about being an art director?

Are you always working? Do you have free time? How strict are deadlines and is the industry as competitive as they say? Although I would be doing what I love, I need free time where I'm not constantly working....

#art

Kayley S.’s Avatar
Kayley S. Oct 23 18 views

What are the advantages and opportunities for advancement with concept artists and art directors?

I'm a senior in high school and have wanted to do art since I was little, and recently made the big decision to seriously pursue it. I want to be a concept artist/illustrator, but I also want to know more about being an art director. #art #arts...

#artist

Morgan L.’s Avatar
Morgan L. Oct 23 45 views

I am a 12th grader looking to choose her career path, but I am stuck between two very different routes; agricultural/animal sciences, or art? How should I go about making this big decision?

Throughout high school, I've been interested in both science and art for a potential career path. I've been able to narrow my search to animal/agricultural sciences, or game design/animation. Is there any way to combine these interests into a future path? If not, what would be a smarter...

#animator #college-choice #career-paths #science #art #agriculture

Kayley S.’s Avatar
Kayley S. Oct 23 8 views

What are the work conditions, hours, and salary for concept artists/illustrators and art directors?

I'm a senior in high school and recently made a big decision to change my career path back to art, which is what I've wanted to do since I was little. I want to be a concept artist and major in illustration. #art #artist #arts #animation #illustration...

#conceptartist

Karen G.’s Avatar
Karen G. Oct 17 53 views
Karen G.’s Avatar
Karen G. Oct 17 55 views
Casandra D.’s Avatar
Casandra D. Oct 14 62 views

''what curriculum do teacher use ?🙂

I want to be artist when go to college.I like sponge bob....

#art

Christine F.’s Avatar
Christine F. Sep 30 66 views
James W.’s Avatar
James W. Sep 18 125 views

How to draw.

My name is James and I love to draw but every-time I present everyone asks what’s that. How do I improve my drawing skills? #artist #design...

#art

Imani L.’s Avatar
Imani L. Sep 04 112 views

Is going into a animation career worth it?

I'm a 12th grader and I have been doing art for years, but i wasn't serious about it until I was in middle school. I want to become an animator, but I find it hard to lean the basics and find it confusing to use my program, Clip paint studio. I might not because an animator and just be a...

#animation #general #art #arts #career-choice #the-arts #artist

Jonathan D.’s Avatar
Jonathan D. Aug 29 97 views

What degree would suit my needs best between business and something in the arts?

I'm a multiple business owner at just 20 years old but still in the early stages with both of them. One is a photography business and the other is a online media website and I write the bulk of the content on the site. I have intensions of opening a skincare business in the near future as well...

#degree #business #art #undergraduate

Ash A.’s Avatar
Ash A. Aug 11 91 views
Sunrise G.’s Avatar
Sunrise G. Aug 04 116 views

Is 2d animation dieing

I want to be a 2d animator and recently I have been seeing less and less of it (at least in the big name cpmpanies) and I was wondering if I still have a chance to pursue it #career-counseling #art #artist #animation...

#animator

Isabel D.’s Avatar
Isabel D. Jul 17 108 views

Is it possible to make a living as a traditional artist? #JULY 2020

I'm in art school to become a fine artist, but feel insecure about the prospects for artists in this day and age. Is it really possible to be a practicing artist without a side job? #artist #art school #fine-art...

#arts

Grace K.’s Avatar
Grace K. Jul 17 93 views

What kind of jobs are avaliable in the art industry right now?

I've always had an interest in studying art, it's one if the few things I enjoy learning and improving in. However, I'm not really sure what kind of careers I could have with an art degree. I'm mainly interested in design programs like game, digitial or 3D modeling design. #design #career #art...

#july20

Caroline H.’s Avatar
Caroline H. Jul 17 84 views

Finding painting jobs

My struggle is to find a well-paying job in art. I have a BA in studio art, however, I am lacking 2+ years in a studio that some jobs require. Does anyone have any resources where I can look? #arts #fine-art #artist #the-arts...

#art

Michelle S.’s Avatar
Michelle S. Jul 11 140 views

What are some tips for starting a career in animation?

What skills, knowledge, and background must I have? #animation #art...

#artist

Anaaa S.’s Avatar
Anaaa S. Jun 21 204 views
nerissa H.’s Avatar
nerissa H. Jun 19 102 views

As a graphic designer what are your strengths/weaknesses and how do you deal with them ?

as a person who draws rarely and not consistently, I suffer from constant art blocks. #art...

#graphic-design

Caireen S.’s Avatar
Caireen S. Jun 19 127 views