Career Questions tagged Schooling

Lindsay P.’s Avatar
Lindsay P. Oct 08 36 views

I'm in the 10th grade, are there any specific classes i should look into to become an orthopedic physician?

At school i am taking health classes and sports medicine but i am wodering if any other classes will help me get to this career goal. I would like to go into the orthopedic feild but i dont want to be a surgeon. orthopedics schooling highschool healthcare medical...

ortho

Myezo L.’s Avatar
Myezo L. May 05 142 views
Maria E.’s Avatar
Maria E. Nov 25, 2020 181 views
Maria E.’s Avatar
Maria E. Nov 25, 2020 460 views

Physical therapist vs Dermatologist?

I think PT is a great job but the debt after school is BIG! I think Dermatology sounds like fun and like you'll never be bored. What are some of the differences? fun schooling college school physical-therapist therapists...

therapist

Kurt E.’s Avatar
Kurt E. Nov 21, 2020 287 views

How difficult will it be to accumulate hours, without a gap year for PA school?

I am a high school senior planning to be a physician assistant. I have been reading that the majority of PAs take a gap year or two to work enough hours for a competitive to PA school. I have also read that some worked their hours in their four years of undergrad. Initially, I was planning to...

balance medical schooling gap-year timemanagement pa workingstudy physicianassistant medicine worklifebalance

Nyla B.’s Avatar
Nyla B. Nov 18, 2020 1414 views

What are some pros and cons about being a software engineer?

I am a senior in high school and I am interested in the technology field. I have been thinking about getting a degree in computer science and I just want to see what I might be getting into. givingiscaring....

schooling

Adriano P.’s Avatar
Adriano P. Nov 05, 2020 155 views

What would be the best school for me?

I am a freshman in high school and this is the career I want to pursue. I am good at drawing. I don't like talking to people because I'm shy. careers schooling...

fun

Jaxon A.’s Avatar
Jaxon A. Oct 27, 2020 187 views

What are some programs or activities I can participate in during college that will prepare me for medical school?

I am a senior in high school that plans on following a career path in the medical field. I plan to pursue a bachelors in biology and then following with med school with a concentration in either radiology or focus in on becoming an ER doctor in the Cleveland, Ohio area. I have a passion for...

physician career-paths medicalfield school schooling er medical-school college healthscience university erdoctor ohio radiology cleveland doctor

Jerry D.’s Avatar
Jerry D. Oct 27, 2020 141 views

whats a good buisness school

what are some good buisness colleges either in my country or nationally school #...

schooling

Bailey E.’s Avatar
Bailey E. Jan 28, 2020 209 views

How to avoid doubting myself in my schooling/learning of a new trade?

Starting a tech program brings a lot of doubts about, Can I do this? What if I burn myself out too quickly? Is this the right choice for me? What are some ways to avoid doubting myself in my choices and avoiding my indecisiveness? trade-program trade schooling second-thoughts welding...

school

Meg M.’s Avatar
Meg M. Nov 20, 2019 190 views

Where should I go to school if I am interested in physical therapy?

I am a 9th grader and was wondering what schools are the best for going into physical therapy. Thanks! physical-therapist physical-therapy...

schooling

Krikor S.’s Avatar
Krikor S. Aug 30, 2018 324 views

What are good extracurricular activities to have for a medical school application?

My biggest mistake with high school was waiting too long to begin things thus the depth of my application for college was nonexistent. I am an entering freshman for college but I do believe that there may be things that I can begin to do now so that I can begin to shape my medical school...

schooling medschool science

Destiny M.’s Avatar
Destiny M. Aug 11, 2018 245 views

What are some tips/tricks available to survive nursing school?

I’ve heard that nursing school is a place where you HAVE to be focused at all times. What is some advice that can be given to make this a smoother journey? school majors schooling exams...

nursing

Carson D.’s Avatar
Carson D. Jul 27, 2018 502 views

What level degree is needed in computer science?

I am unsure of what level of degree to pursue in computer science. Should I pursue a PhD and will it be worth the extra schooling? Or should I aim for a Bachelors Degree? computer-science degree schooling...

computer-programming

Anna H.’s Avatar
Anna H. Jul 12, 2018 339 views

Prereqs for Med School?

I know that medical schools typically require you to have one year of biology, chemistry, organic chemistry, and physics. Would Anatomy & physiology, biochemistry, or microbiology cover the biology part? (I'm taking all of them) Also, if I end up not taking a lab for half of semester in...

scheduling college medicine medicineschool schooling

Joshua L.’s Avatar
Joshua L. May 31, 2018 304 views

How do you stay motivated as a doctor to continue with medical school?

I’m currently biology/pre-Med and I always wondering how do doctors stay motivated to stay in school so long. I know personally I have 15+ years of school including college but I was wondering how can I keep myself focused and motivated to continue. medical-school school...

schooling

Ashley  L.’s Avatar
Ashley L. May 24, 2016 735 views

Can you provide me a scholarship so I can pay off school? And plus my mom is a single mom

I am asking so this scholarship can pay off my college career for my dorm,tuition,books,etc.. scholarship schooling...

single-parent

Kaitlyn B.’s Avatar
Kaitlyn B. May 20, 2016 586 views

What is physical therapy school like?

I want to know what I will be learning and what it is like. therapy classes physical...

schooling

Kaitlyn B.’s Avatar
Kaitlyn B. May 20, 2016 473 views