Career Questions tagged Career Details

Zoe W.’s Avatar
Zoe W. Sep 05

Whatjob should i do

I like medicine but i love fashion but i need to pay the bills when i’m older...

#career-details

Aliyah J.’s Avatar
Aliyah J. Apr 23

What career would you recommend besides business or cosmetology, that would still best fit me ?

I love makeup & fashion but i am also open minded to other ideas including something that is fun and that’ll keep me active....

#career-details

Trevor N.’s Avatar
Trevor N. Jan 31

#ForkliftDriver

what type of tools would you need with you at all times...

#career-details

June P.’s Avatar
June P. Sep 27, 2018

Fashion Institute of Technology

Hello, I have a few questions that need answering. 1. If I want to pursue a fashion career, and want to attend into FIT. Should I have knowledge of ​how to create clothes, and make sketches, before applying? 2. What do you really do when volunteering into NYC Fashion Week? 3. What skills...

#fashion #design #career-details #fashion-design

Rebecca H.’s Avatar
Rebecca H. Aug 31, 2017

A two year or four year college?

I'm debating between a two year school and a four year residential college. Two year would save me a lot #help But a four year provides a full experience #collegelife I cant decide is my money worth the four year or should I just transfer to a medical school after the first two years #nurse...

#healthcare #career-details #college #medicine #academic-advising

KalebBlake I.’s Avatar
KalebBlake I. May 04, 2017

Why do you need communication skills to be a computer programmer?

Why do you need communication skills to get this job? I mean, don't you usually just do your part of the team? #engineering #science #computer...

#career-details

Arlene  R.’s Avatar
Arlene R. Jun 17, 2017

I am undecided about the type of counseling I want to do once I graduate?

I am going to school for counseling but it is really hard to choose the type of counseling I really want to do. I work at a behavioral health center but I do not know if I want to continue working there are working with children when finishing with my schooling? #health #counseling #and...

#career-details #childrn #mental #undecided #caounseling #personal-development

Pam M.’s Avatar
Pam M. Jan 26, 2017

Tips for learning graphic design software?

How have you made use of your free time to learn design software in order to practice your skills and apply them to your education/profession? #software #design #graphic-design #freelance #adobe-creative-suite #personal-development...

#career-details

Paula R.’s Avatar
Paula R. Feb 10, 2016

Should i try different jobs that are completely unrelated to my degree or go and find one that i really wanted?

So, i just recently moved here in states and i'm a fresh graduate with a degree in Bachelor in Advertising and Public Relations. I was blessed to moved here right after grad but unfortunately, i haven't been into the real world of advertising. I'm finding it hard to find a job that is an entry...

#advertising #career-details #giving-advice #help #advice #marketing-and-advertising #seattle #personal-development #depression

Karen P.’s Avatar
Karen P. Aug 07, 2016

Should I choose the job I love or the job that makes me money?

Looking back at my 16 years of life, I would have never thought I would have to choose between doing what I love and making money. As a little girl, I always dreamed of being a teacher. I looked up to the agents of change at my school and appreciated all of the things they do for me and the...

#career-choice #financial-planning #career-details #future-careers #life-choice #money #personal-development #financial-risk

Shannon T.’s Avatar
Shannon T. May 18, 2016

My significant other would like to pursue a career in Welding. What would be the best college-based or certification school plan he could take so he can continue working his passion for a better salary?

In order for my significant other and I to succeed in our near future, we need to know how much work we need to put in before settling down with careers and building a family. #career #salary #welding #financial-planning...

#career-details

shamel H.’s Avatar
shamel H. May 15, 2016

Job opportunities in the chemical engineering field?

i am looking into a career in chemical engineering. what are the major cities that have employment opportunity's in this profession? what is the median salary for this profession? #engineering #career-counseling #chemical-engineering #chemical-engineer #financial-planning...

#career-details

W. C. Y.’s Avatar
W. C. Y. Mar 24, 2017

Is there any suggestions if I hope to become a writer?

What can I do to improve my writing skill? I understand that I would need to read and write more but is there any other methods which would help me to become a better writer? #writer #writing #author #english #english-literature #books #personal-development...

#career-details

Brandon G.’s Avatar
Brandon G. May 13, 2016

Is Radiology a good career to become apart of?

I was asking this question because, where I live the average salary is below. #general # #financial-planning #career-details...

#radiology

Thompson B.’s Avatar
Thompson B. Feb 24, 2017

Is proficiency in Java enough to get you placed in good company?

I'm a graduate student(MS Computer Science) and I'm gonna be graduating in a year and a half and I wanted to know if there is any skill that I must have besides Java. I would like to know what are the other programming languages/skills that any employer can expect from a potential employee with...

#java #career-details #development #career #software-development #computer-software #job-application #software #personal-development #android

Fakaradin F.’s Avatar
Fakaradin F. May 21, 2016

Is Physical Therapy a good career choice?

I love to work with people, since I'm a people person. My father once recommended me to become a physical therapist, since i read so much on muscles and know how to fix knots in the back and helped his knee get better with physical therapy at home. (He was kind of my test subject to test my new...

#college-major #healthcare #nurses #career-details #college #scientists #medicine #physical-therapist #physical-therapy #personal-development

Abdulwahab A.’s Avatar
Abdulwahab A. Jan 28, 2017

Is multi-tasking a skill that is required for this job?

I am interested in working in the major of Finance. Is multi-tasking a part of it? #business #finance #accounting #personal-development...

#career-details

Timothy G.’s Avatar
Timothy G. Mar 29, 2017

Is college worth the investiment if I am interested in pursuing a creative field?

Hello, currently I am an art student attending community college for an associate's degree in fine art and for a while now I have been contemplating if I am really suited to be in a college environment? Because after reflecting upon my own skills and interests I have recognized that I do not...

#financial-planning #creative-direction #career-details #career #future-careers #associates-degree #community-college #artist #personal-development #fine-art

Emily M.’s Avatar
Emily M. Oct 27, 2016

Is being a college professor a profitable career?

I'm hoping to become a college professor in Biology as it really highlights my love of both teaching and research in this field. However, I am worried that it may not be as lucrative as I have been led to believe. What is the rough yearly salary of a college professor? #salary...

#financial-planning #career-details #college-professor

Kemi L.’s Avatar
Kemi L. May 19, 2017

Is a business degree necessary if you want to start your own business?

My friend is on the business major track but she wonders if the degree is necessary to start her own business in the future. #business #career-details...

#personal-development

Bill P.’s Avatar
Bill P. May 30, 2017

In colleges, there are many math majors that you can choose from. However, I am interested in becoming an accountant or anything in the financial area. What prerequisites and requirements would I have to complete before high school ends? I am a junior.

I am interested in math and finance majors. I would like to help out the government and businesses operate properly. I have been considering being an accountant for the past 5 years. I feel that my math performance is average and I might need to perform better for acceptance. #accounting...

#career-details #personal-development #business-management

Melissa A.’s Avatar
Melissa A. Jul 29, 2017

If you received multiple misdemeanors in various states which all were determined dismissed, will the government hire you?

I have a friend who got misdemeanors and an injunction in two different states, everything turned out to be dismissed or basically denied because nothing actually happened. They do show up in the court systems though. My friend wants to get a job with the government and has the skill set for...

#career-details #government #job-application #recruiting #personal-development #human-resources

Jennifer S.’s Avatar
Jennifer S. Oct 30, 2016

I was wondering if anybody in their respective careers could take the time in answering these questions as best as they can...

The reason I'm doing this is because I'm curious, I love learning about different people and their backgrounds and what their careers are like! 1.)Where do you work? (Provide a name of the company and a description) 2.) Number of years working in this career? 3.)What exactly is your career?...

#financial-planning #career-details #business #engineering #science #aerospace #computer-software #medicine #design #personal-development #architecture

Brandon H.’s Avatar
Brandon H. May 10, 2017

I want to become a lawyer, what program should I study in university?

Interested in pursuing law as a career, but there are so many options to study under in university. Should I just choose whatever program is most "GPA-friendly" or risk a slightly lower GPA for a program I'm genuinely interested in? #law #undergraduate #career-details...

#personal-development

Katherine S.’s Avatar
Katherine S. Feb 27, 2017

I need help!

what are some personality traits that help with becoming a lawyer? What are some helpful technical skills for becoming a lawyer. Thanks for al of the help! #law #lawyer #law-school #law-practice #personal-development...

#career-details