Career Questions tagged Organization

Paajcha Julie X.’s Avatar
Paajcha Julie X. Jun 01 326 views

How to deal with poor leadership?

Without giving too much information away, I’m dealing with a boss who isn’t the greatest when it comes to leadership skills. I work online as a scouter for deals, meaning I search online for discounts, and I’m technically an independent contractor. When I first got the job, I asked many...

management community-management online work job business organization boss criticism technology sales leadership organizationalleadership working

Andrea J.’s Avatar
Andrea J. Apr 18, 2018 358 views

How do you keep focus on your classes?

Sometimes I find it hard to focus on my classes when doing online classes. There are so many web sites that I'd like to spend my time on instead of doing homework. How do you stay focused? College focus motivation study-skills organization classes...

online-classes

Lessa H.’s Avatar
Lessa H. Jul 12, 2018 330 views

What methods of organization have been successful for managing school, work and home obligations?

I have tried everything from lists to sticky notes to keep my life balanced and to remember all my assignments and due dates. I currently use a bullet journal and like what it offers, but I would still love to hear about methods that have allowed others to successfully meet all of life's...

school organization

Taylor B.’s Avatar
Taylor B. May 31, 2018 409 views

As a car designer, do you have time to pursue other art fields like animation?

Or any other form of arts, including the fine arts such as vocal performance. organization mechanical car design...

animation

Cecila D.’s Avatar
Cecila D. Jan 17, 2018 742 views

What are the best ways to get organized for college?

I have always struggled with being organized with my classes and homework. Everything gets done on time but its kind of a hot mess of a system. I keep a planner but its always overflowing with notes and reminders. I honestly think I need a better system seeing as I usually forget about the...

organization soft-skills college

Kelly F.’s Avatar
Kelly F. Apr 17, 2018 529 views

How much extracurricular work is too much?

Graduate classes + a (mandatory) internship + a job = Too much? My graduate program requires me to work an internship. My financial situation requires me to work another job. But after the homework, the interning, and the work days -- will I miss out on school organizations, meetings,...

workstudy timemanagement worried internship job organization extracurriculars

Logan M.’s Avatar
Logan M. Jan 28, 2017 613 views

What tips can you give me about staying organized, while working, schooling, and proactive learning outside of school?

I am a full time college student, I am working part time, as well as trying to pick up programming at home. I find it very hard to keep everything organized and would love some tips. college graduate-school organization time-management...

work-life-balance

alexis G.’s Avatar
alexis G. Mar 26, 2018 505 views

What is the best organization to join when you attend college?

Should you join an organization in your major or something fun and interesting? medicine university black-students organization...

college

Stacey T.’s Avatar
Stacey T. Mar 06, 2018 319 views

What is the best app to use for scheduling and studying for college?

I want to be very organized as soon as I can. I want to get the ball rolling before I even start college to be prepared for the next step in life. organization college-advice...

stress-management

Augusta I.’s Avatar
Augusta I. Jan 19, 2018 549 views

How to successfully fundraise for a school club?

I would like to help my club afford attending different conferences. We are a club centered around STEM majors. We don't know the ins and outs of being sponsored by companies/raising money for the organization. I would greatly appreciate any and all advice. Thank you. college university...

stem money sponsorship organization fundraising women-in-tech civic-and-social-organization student-clubs non-profit-organization-management

MARIO D.’s Avatar
MARIO D. Jan 19, 2018 354 views

What are some helpful tips for college students to remain organized and focused while attending a college or university?

There are a lot of distractions in college. Things like sports, social clubs, and campus events are all a part of the college experience and can be challenging for some students. college-advice organization...

greek-life

Shanice N.’s Avatar
Shanice N. Jan 16, 2018 453 views

What are some tips and steps that I should take in order to start a charity organization?

I want to start a charity organization that aids in funding the less fortunate, homeless, less developed countries etc. what are some steps that I should be taking I order to start one? For example will I need legal work, lawyers, a large social media platform and donations to start the...

undergrad college donate organization usa georgia psychology clinicalpsychology charity undergradute essay helping

Madison B.’s Avatar
Madison B. Jan 16, 2018 362 views

Paper or online calendar?

I'm looking for some advice on organization. Many of my peers use a paper agenda to keep track of assignments and due dates. Others use online applications or calendars. I want to stay organized, but I'm not sure what's best for me. organization...

studying-tips

C L.’s Avatar
C L. Jan 12, 2018 610 views

What is organizational psychology all about?

Psychology major undergrad. Thinking about future. Which school offer organisational psychology program? (grad studies) What is it like? What can you do with it? Any personal experience you can share with me if you are in the program? Thank you! psychology HR organization...

organizational-psychology industrial-organizational-psychology career-choice career-counseling

Cristina G.’s Avatar
Cristina G. Oct 12, 2017 652 views

How I can prepare myself for an exam?

I'm having a hard time to organize myself and plan my day. The final week is getting more stressful for me and I have problems to memorize the new information. exams test school-counseling professor higher-education education-management education organization...

student-counseling organizational-development

Marissa B.’s Avatar
Marissa B. Apr 26, 2017 895 views

How do you balance school work, classes, and a job.

I have a part time job and a lot of school work to deal with on the daily. Is there a way to make it easier to handle so I do not feel like I am constantly being overwhelmed? school organization...

part-time-job

Abigail  B.’s Avatar
Abigail B. May 31, 2016 1308 views

How would I go about getting a job in nonprofit development?

As a political science major, my education is pretty broad. My dream job would be in development for a human rights or international nonprofit organization, but I am unsure how to get experience in that field to be able to apply for jobs. I have heard that joining the Peace Corps is really the...

nonprofits ngos organization international-ngos

RaeAnna T.’s Avatar
RaeAnna T. Jan 23, 2017 601 views

How to best use a planner in college?

In college there are so many methods to planning out your semester. How should I record school homework, assignment, projects, personal life, social life, and exercise in an organized and simple fashion? organization career-planning test-planning personal-assistant...

college-organization

Kianna S.’s Avatar
Kianna S. Jan 09, 2017 778 views

What careers should I be looking into?

I like to draw, and paint, and other crafty things. I looked at a couple of questions, and thought about working at a art gallery, but I'm not sure. I'm super confused on what I want to do in life, and need some help right away. I'm thinking along the lines of teaching, but also something that...

career-choice arts-and-crafts classroom organization career-path

Esther C.’s Avatar
Esther C. Nov 28, 2016 1646 views

What can I do to gain more leadership experience in college?

From the start of college, I have joined many clubs and organizations to get involved. However, lately I've been stressing out because every time I desire to join a committee or become a board member, I never quite succeed. Will not obtaining leadership positions hinder my potential to...

employment student-clubs leadership career-development organization career-path organizational-leadership

Aimee V.’s Avatar
Aimee V. Oct 31, 2016 622 views

What clubs/organizations should I take while possibly majoring in astronomy?

I want to major in astronomy (and possibly minor in computer science) and try to get at least a bachelor's degree and at most a master's degree. For the longest time I wanted to work at NASA but I also understand that to get any job relating to astronomy I need to do internships and possibly be...

astronomer astronomy organization clubs

Bronwyn G.’s Avatar
Bronwyn G. Oct 30, 2016 742 views

Where can I find organizations that support women in STEM-related careers?

As a woman hoping to get a STEM-related career after college, I recognize the fact that there are few of us. Are there any organizations or places where I may be able to find like-minded women?I believe it is important for women to support one another, especially in a male-dominated field of...

mechanical-engineering women-in-stem women-in-tech engineering organization

Bria B.’s Avatar
Bria B. Sep 22, 2016 851 views

What are the best ways to maintain a work and school balance?

I think many people struggle with this and any type of advice towards this question is valuable. business leadership...

organization

Gloria S.’s Avatar
Gloria S. Sep 08, 2016 696 views

How do I organize myself with keeping my grades up in my classes, studying for the PSAT's, and being in clubs?

I am a rising junior at Kearny High School. School is starting up and I am realizing that things are about to get chaotic for me since I know that I will take the PSAT's and then the SAT's these upcoming months. I am in three honors classes and one AP class; as well as in a few clubs and...

classroom college studies organization