Career Questions tagged Organization

Andrea J.’s Avatar
Andrea J. Apr 18, 2018 145 views

How do you keep focus on your classes?

Sometimes I find it hard to focus on my classes when doing online classes. There are so many web sites that I'd like to spend my time on instead of doing homework. How do you stay focused? #college #focus #motivation #study-skills #organization #classes...

#online-classes

Lessa H.’s Avatar
Lessa H. Jul 12, 2018 123 views

What methods of organization have been successful for managing school, work and home obligations?

I have tried everything from lists to sticky notes to keep my life balanced and to remember all my assignments and due dates. I currently use a bullet journal and like what it offers, but I would still love to hear about methods that have allowed others to successfully meet all of life's...

#school #organization

Taylor B.’s Avatar
Taylor B. May 31, 2018 221 views

As a car designer, do you have time to pursue other art fields like animation?

Or any other form of arts, including the fine arts such as vocal performance. #organization #mechanical #car #design...

#animation

Cecila D.’s Avatar
Cecila D. Jan 17, 2018 260 views

What are the best ways to get organized for college?

I have always struggled with being #organized with my classes and homework. Everything gets done on time but its kind of a hot mess of a system. I keep a #planner but its always overflowing with notes and reminders. I honestly think I need a better system seeing as I usually forget about the...

#organization #college #soft-skills

Kelly F.’s Avatar
Kelly F. Apr 17, 2018 235 views

How much extracurricular work is too much?

Graduate classes + a (mandatory) internship + a job = Too much? My graduate program requires me to work an internship. My financial situation requires me to work another job. But after the homework, the interning, and the work days -- will I miss out on school organizations, meetings,...

#job #workstudy #internship #worried #extracurriculars #timemanagement #organization

Logan M.’s Avatar
Logan M. Jan 28, 2017 390 views

What tips can you give me about staying organized, while working, schooling, and proactive learning outside of school?

I am a full time college student, I am working part time, as well as trying to pick up programming at home. I find it very hard to keep everything organized and would love some tips. #college #graduate-school #organization #time-management...

#work-life-balance

alexis G.’s Avatar
alexis G. Mar 26, 2018 225 views

What is the best organization to join when you attend college?

Should you join an organization in your major or something fun and interesting? #medicine #university #black-students #organization...

Stacey T.’s Avatar
Stacey T. Mar 06, 2018 170 views

What is the best app to use for scheduling and studying for college?

I want to be very organized as soon as I can. I want to get the ball rolling before I even start college to be prepared for the next step in life. #organization #college-advice...

#stress-management

Augusta I.’s Avatar
Augusta I. Jan 19, 2018 325 views

How to successfully fundraise for a school club?

I would like to help my club afford attending different conferences. We are a club centered around STEM majors. We don't know the ins and outs of being sponsored by companies/raising money for the organization. I would greatly appreciate any and all advice. Thank you. #college #university...

#non-profit-organization-management #women-in-tech #money #fundraising #sponsorship #student-clubs #civic-and-social-organization #stem #organization

MARIO D.’s Avatar
MARIO D. Jan 19, 2018 151 views

What are some helpful tips for college students to remain organized and focused while attending a college or university?

There are a lot of distractions in college. Things like sports, social clubs, and campus events are all a part of the college experience and can be challenging for some students. #college-advice #organization...

#greek-life

Shanice N.’s Avatar
Shanice N. Jan 16, 2018 204 views

What are some tips and steps that I should take in order to start a charity organization?

I want to start a charity organization that aids in funding the less fortunate, homeless, less developed countries etc. what are some steps that I should be taking I order to start one? For example will I need legal work, lawyers, a large social media platform and donations to start the...

#charity #usa #undergrad #essay #clinicalpsychology #college #donate #undergradute #helping #organization #georgia #psychology

Madison B.’s Avatar
Madison B. Jan 16, 2018 155 views

Paper or online calendar?

I'm looking for some advice on organization. Many of my peers use a paper agenda to keep track of assignments and due dates. Others use online applications or calendars. I want to stay organized, but I'm not sure what's best for me. #organization...

#studying-tips

Cindy L.’s Avatar
Cindy L. Jan 12, 2018 283 views

What is organizational psychology all about?

Psychology major undergrad. Thinking about future. Which school offer organisational psychology program? (grad studies) What is it like? What can you do with it? Any personal experience you can share with me if you are in the program? Thank you! #psychology #hr #organization...

#industrial-organizational-psychology #career-counseling #organizational-psychology #career-choice

Cristina G.’s Avatar
Cristina G. Oct 12, 2017 390 views

How I can prepare myself for an exam?

I'm having a hard time to organize myself and plan my day. The final week is getting more stressful for me and I have problems to memorize the new information. #exams #test #school-counseling #professor #higher-education #education-management #education #organization...

#student-counseling #organizational-development

Marissa B.’s Avatar
Marissa B. Apr 26, 2017 583 views

How do you balance school work, classes, and a job.

I have a part time job and a lot of school work to deal with on the daily. Is there a way to make it easier to handle so I do not feel like I am constantly being overwhelmed? #school #organization...

#part-time-job

Abigail  B.’s Avatar
Abigail B. May 31, 2016 948 views

How would I go about getting a job in nonprofit development?

As a political science major, my education is pretty broad. My dream job would be in development for a human rights or international nonprofit organization, but I am unsure how to get experience in that field to be able to apply for jobs. I have heard that joining the Peace Corps is really the...

#nonprofits #ngos #organization #international-ngos

RaeAnna T.’s Avatar
RaeAnna T. Jan 23, 2017 411 views

How to best use a planner in college?

In college there are so many methods to planning out your semester. How should I record school homework, assignment, projects, personal life, social life, and exercise in an organized and simple fashion? #organization #career-planning #test-planning #personal-assistant...

#college-organization

Kianna S.’s Avatar
Kianna S. Jan 09, 2017 519 views

What careers should I be looking into?

I like to draw, and paint, and other crafty things. I looked at a couple of questions, and thought about working at a art gallery, but I'm not sure. I'm super confused on what I want to do in life, and need some help right away. I'm thinking along the lines of teaching, but also something that...

#career-path #arts-and-crafts #career-choice #organization #classroom

Esther C.’s Avatar
Esther C. Nov 28, 2016 1252 views

What can I do to gain more leadership experience in college?

From the start of college, I have joined many clubs and organizations to get involved. However, lately I've been stressing out because every time I desire to join a committee or become a board member, I never quite succeed. Will not obtaining leadership positions hinder my potential to...

#career-development #organizational-leadership #career-path #student-clubs #leadership #employment #organization

Aimee V.’s Avatar
Aimee V. Oct 31, 2016 425 views

What clubs/organizations should I take while possibly majoring in astronomy?

I want to major in astronomy (and possibly minor in computer science) and try to get at least a bachelor's degree and at most a master's degree. For the longest time I wanted to work at NASA but I also understand that to get any job relating to astronomy I need to do internships and possibly be...

#astronomy #astronomer #clubs #organization

Bronwyn G.’s Avatar
Bronwyn G. Oct 30, 2016 548 views

Where can I find organizations that support women in STEM-related careers?

As a woman hoping to get a STEM-related career after college, I recognize the fact that there are few of us. Are there any organizations or places where I may be able to find like-minded women?I believe it is important for women to support one another, especially in a male-dominated field of...

#mechanical-engineering #engineering #women-in-tech #organization #women-in-stem

Bria B.’s Avatar
Bria B. Sep 22, 2016 602 views

What are the best ways to maintain a work and school balance?

I think many people struggle with this and any type of advice towards this question is valuable. #business #leadership...

#organization

Gloria S.’s Avatar
Gloria S. Sep 08, 2016 504 views

How do I organize myself with keeping my grades up in my classes, studying for the PSAT's, and being in clubs?

I am a rising junior at Kearny High School. School is starting up and I am realizing that things are about to get chaotic for me since I know that I will take the PSAT's and then the SAT's these upcoming months. I am in three honors classes and one AP class; as well as in a few clubs and...

#studies #college #organization #classroom

Kerissa L.’s Avatar
Kerissa L. Aug 25, 2016 544 views

How do you keep a balance between your social life and college studies?

I am curious as to how one can multitask and keep focus on everything around them. #college #organization...

#life-balance

Nyima T.’s Avatar
Nyima T. Jul 25, 2016 583 views

What's a good way to ask for a Medical Assisting externship?

I'm a Medical Assisting student at an institute in my area. I'll be going on externship in about 2-3 months and I don't know how to go about looking for an externship and a job to support myself through school at the same time. #medical #management #students #hiring #organization #assistants...

#externship

Kelly J.’s Avatar
Kelly J. May 02, 2016 1950 views

What is the best technology to use to stay organized?

I am in high school and have a really hard time staying organized. Especially when it comes to doing big projects or studying for tests. I'm trying to find out what others have done to stay organized in school or a job. Do you have recommendations on technology tools/programs I should use?...

#technology #human-resources #organization

Matthew W.’s Avatar
Matthew W. Jul 09, 2016 600 views

On-campus activities to exercise business-leadership skills?

Hi all, I know every college campus is different - different clubs, organizations and communities - but what are some on-campus organizations I should look into for more business-leadership experience? #college #business #leadership #organization...

#clubs

Meghann D.’s Avatar
Meghann D. Jun 16, 2016 612 views

When having responsibilities both at home and at a full time job, how do you balance them to make the best of both?

I am asking this because as a full time student I have responsibilities that require my attention both at home and at school, and it has proven difficult to balance them both. #organization #work-life-balance...

#work-ethic

Sylvia H.’s Avatar
Sylvia H. May 17, 2016 529 views

What is the most important skill for a person to learn for college and life?

I'm hoping to go to NHIA for Art in the Fall, and I'm a little nervous about my ability and some other things. #art #organization #creativity...

#anatomy