Career Questions tagged Consulting

Sam S.’s Avatar
Sam S. Jun 29 240 views

Which one: Web Development, Cyber Security, Digital Forensics, IT Consulting?

I've looked into these 4 fields/jobs, read about and watched videos on them and even took a course or two on some (basic intro level courses). They all seem very interesting. Currently I'm working in the web development field and I like it but also want to try the others as well. I think this...

technology stem cybersecurity digitalforensics computer-science consulting

Rbx S.’s Avatar
Rbx S. May 13 348 views
Abdullah M.’s Avatar
Abdullah M. Feb 08 444 views

Breaking into MGMNT consulting?

Hi! I hope you’re all well and safe. I just wanted to know what I could do now as a second semester freshman to make it easier for me to break in to management consulting, preferably at a big 4 accounting firm? Thank you!! <333 career finance accounting consulting big4 advisory...

internship freshmen college

Sydney P.’s Avatar
Sydney P. Nov 26, 2020 325 views

Best advice to entering the world of professional consulting?

I am very curious about the consulting industry and have some exposure through my on-campus non-profit consulting club, but would love to learn more about how to prepare for recruiting in the professional consulting realm. consulting...

curious

Nick H.’s Avatar
Nick H. Oct 26, 2020 243 views

What are some disadvantages of having a job in manufacturing.

My name is Nick, I am eighteen, and I am looking into manufacturing jobs. consulting job...

manufacturing

Nick H.’s Avatar
Nick H. Oct 26, 2020 209 views

What are some of the advantages of having a job in manufacturing?

My name is Nick, I am eighteen, and I am looking into manufacturing jobs. # manufacturing consulting...

jobs

Faye W.’s Avatar
Faye W. Sep 02, 2020 320 views

What are some of the careers I can choose? I'm a PR student but don't want to work in an agency.

My major is public relations and I've worked at a couple of agencies that specialize in PR, digital marketing, and advertising. As I gained industry experiences, I realized that agency work is probably not a good fit for me. I do like the creative, fast-paced, everyday-is-not-the-same part of...

socialjustice job careerpath jobsearch business mentoring consulting publicrelations career careercounseling

C L.’s Avatar
C L. Aug 08, 2020 581 views

How to engage more audiences on Linkedin?

To all professionals reading this post, thank you for your precious time! I hope all is well on your end! :) Context: I like to use Linkedin to look for jobs and connect with like-minded people. However, my posts don't usually generate a lot of views. I don't know how LinkedIn algorithm...

writer influencer contentcreator hr recruiters consulting linkedin technology algorithm professionals strategy career careeradvice

Linda X.’s Avatar
Linda X. Aug 02, 2020 366 views

Wellesley VS. Northwestern where should I go

Would like to go ibd/ consulting after graduation, as an international student from China, which school should I choose for my undergraduate study? career-path banking...

consulting

Zachary M.’s Avatar
Zachary M. Apr 08, 2020 647 views

Trying to decide on a career as a consultant

I was just wondering what some of you consultants out there did to start your career. I know B-school is a good idea. Trying to figure out what else could help me. career consulting...

business

Nathan D.’s Avatar
Nathan D. Mar 22, 2020 556 views

What careers blend my passion for business and my love for sports ?

I am a grade 11 student. I am an actor with leading and supporting roles on my resume. I’ve done theatre, short film and television series. I love basketball and the raptors. I’m very interested in business and investments. consulting sports-management business...

acting

Josh P.’s Avatar
Josh P. Feb 12, 2020 1117 views

Want to go into advisory / management consulting. Which is a better stepping stone? Audit or Tax?

Hi. I'm an accounting fresh graduate who is currently trying to complete ACCA. I would like to go into advisory or management consulting but lately there are no responses from Big4 and other consulting firms. Therefore, I might have to start my career in either external audit or tax. Which of...

accounting career business tax consulting

Irma D.’s Avatar
Irma D. Aug 21, 2018 380 views
Rebecca A.’s Avatar
Rebecca A. Jun 22, 2018 708 views

How should I prepare for a Consulting Case Interview?

I'm interested in management consulting. How should I prepare for the case portion of interview? I haven't taken any business classes, although I have taken micro economics and macro economics. consulting interviews case-interview...

management-consulting

Mireia R.’s Avatar
Mireia R. Sep 30, 2017 2479 views

What is the most fulfilling aspect of your job in the fields of accounting, auditing, consulting, and/or taxing?

People like me often search for jobs that will allow them to make a difference in the world and give their life purpose meaning, and direction. Who knows? Maybe accounting could realize that goal. accounting audit auditor auditing accountant consulting tax taxing taxation...

consultants

Julianne B.’s Avatar
Julianne B. Sep 29, 2017 1661 views

What education and experience path leads to consulting?

To consultants : how did you get to where you are? After you are successful in a field, do you become a consultant to help others? Do you take a second job? consulting...

management-consulting

Viktoriya R.’s Avatar
Viktoriya R. Aug 19, 2016 1086 views

How to transition from a tax accountant to management consulting?

I have worked as a tax preparer for 6 years at a small boutique accounting firm. My experience includes small business consultation from company registration to licensing to dissolution. I am currently obtaining my Masters in Finance and plan to sit for the CPA license. Any advise to make the...

accounting management-consulting tax consulting

D. O.’s Avatar
D. O. Sep 25, 2017 580 views

What type of work does an education consultant do? What does the career path into education consulting typically look like?

I have background in teaching and worked a private equity role this past summer. I'd love to find a role that combines these two interests and was thinking that education consulting could be a good fit. Any personal experiences or tips would be great to hear! education consulting...

business management-consulting

Danilo A.’s Avatar
Danilo A. Sep 01, 2017 700 views

What is the difference between consulting and finance?

The two both seem popular and I know they're both taught at the business school. business consulting...

finance

Maia C.’s Avatar
Maia C. May 15, 2016 871 views

How much mathematics consulting work is available?

I'm looking at majoring in Applied Mathematics. I know that there is some consulting that mathematicians do for large businesses or government organizations. How much does consulting contribute to your salary? How often can you get consulting work? mathematics consulting statistics...

applied-mathematics financial-planning