Career Questions tagged Consulting

Naomi’s Avatar
Naomi Jul 20 224 views

What exactly do tech consultants do?

Would it include any sort of programming or SWE?

j’s Avatar
j Jul 19 267 views

Consulting Question

How can I become a consultant, I want to break into MBB but don't know how!

Cyon’s Avatar
Cyon Jul 18 253 views

Consulting Case Question - College Junior

Hi there! My names Cyon and I'm a rising college junior at FAMU. I wanted to ask what resources are available for generating case experience for consulting in the finance area as well as Deals and Mergers and Acquisitions?

Mei Lin’s Avatar
Mei Lin Jul 14 176 views

What is the best way to network in consulting?

Is it best to set up a zoom or meet for coffee? Do most consultants respond to cold emails or should I try to connect with them on LinkedIn?

Rob’s Avatar
Rob Jul 12 199 views

Management Consulting or Investment Banking

I am a college student trying to decide between management consulting or investment banking. How should I decide and where should I start?

Humberto’s Avatar
Humberto Jul 11 151 views

Is getting MBA post-grad worth it? Bentley University

I am currently a consulting intern at a Big 4 company and was wondering if getting my MBA degree soon after my Bachelors degree is worth it? I have spoken with so many successful professionals in the firm without one and do not see the ROI being so high. I am currently on an accelerated MBA at...

Matthew’s Avatar
Matthew Jul 10 284 views

What is the best way to prep for a case style interview at a big four accounting firm?

Max’s Avatar
Max Jun 29 221 views

How do I get into management consulting with a Big 4 Firm?

Hi! I hope you’re all well and safe. I just wanted to know what I could do now as a second semester sophomore to improve my chances of working in management consulting for a Big 4 accounting firm. Thank you!!

Paul’s Avatar
Paul Jun 27 202 views

Big Three Consulting Firms

How do I connect with professionals in the big three consulting firms?

Julia’s Avatar
Julia Jun 27 266 views

How much money do you make as a senior consultant at a big corporate firm in NYC?

How long does it take to become a senior consultant at a big corporate firm in NYC?

Jermaine’s Avatar
Jermaine Jun 27 180 views

As a U.S. Army Vet and non-traditional student who will graduate at the age of 34 with a degree in finance, how can I make myself an attractive candidate for hire at competitive firms such as the Big 4 firms, McKinsey, Bain, or BCG.

I am studying at UMD - Smith School of Business.

I have 2 years of school remaining.

I have no relevant work history outside of my current internship at a Big 4 firm.

I am shooting for a Management Consultant position.

Sam’s Avatar
Sam Jun 29, 2021 404 views

Which one: Web Development, Cyber Security, Digital Forensics, IT Consulting?

I've looked into these 4 fields/jobs, read about and watched videos on them and even took a course or two on some (basic intro level courses). They all seem very interesting. Currently I'm working in the web development field and I like it but also want to try the others as well. I think this...

Rbx’s Avatar
Rbx May 13, 2021 574 views

What could you have done differently/better in university?

#literature #consulting #orthodontics #paleontology

Abdullah’s Avatar
Abdullah Feb 08, 2021 681 views

Breaking into MGMNT consulting?

Hi! I hope you’re all well and safe. I just wanted to know what I could do now as a second semester freshman to make it easier for me to break in to management consulting, preferably at a big 4 accounting firm? Thank you!! <333 #career #finance #accounting #consulting #big4 #advisory...

Savannah’s Avatar
Savannah Dec 15, 2020 740 views

What is the work-life balance like for consulting?

#consulting #business #traveling

Sydney’s Avatar
Sydney Nov 26, 2020 445 views

Best advice to entering the world of professional consulting?

I am very curious about the consulting industry and have some exposure through my on-campus non-profit consulting club, but would love to learn more about how to prepare for recruiting in the professional consulting realm.
#consulting #curious

Nick’s Avatar
Nick Oct 26, 2020 366 views

What are some disadvantages of having a job in manufacturing.

My name is Nick, I am eighteen, and I am looking into manufacturing jobs. #consulting #job #manufacturing

Nick’s Avatar
Nick Oct 26, 2020 319 views

What are some of the advantages of having a job in manufacturing?

My name is Nick, I am eighteen, and I am looking into manufacturing jobs. # manufacturing #consulting #jobs

Faye’s Avatar
Faye Sep 02, 2020 499 views

What are some of the careers I can choose? I'm a PR student but don't want to work in an agency.

My major is public relations and I've worked at a couple of agencies that specialize in PR, digital marketing, and advertising. As I gained industry experiences, I realized that agency work is probably not a good fit for me. I do like the creative, fast-paced, everyday-is-not-the-same part of...

C’s Avatar
C Aug 08, 2020 755 views

How to engage more audiences on Linkedin?

To all professionals reading this post, thank you for your precious time! I hope all is well on your end! :) Context: I like to use Linkedin to look for jobs and connect with like-minded people. However, my posts don't usually generate a lot of views. I don't know how LinkedIn algorithm...

Linda’s Avatar
Linda Aug 02, 2020 576 views

Wellesley VS. Northwestern where should I go

Would like to go ibd/ consulting after graduation, as an international student from China, which school should I choose for my undergraduate study? #career-path #banking #consulting

Jerry’s Avatar
Jerry Apr 24, 2020 912 views

What are the core values of your company?

#criminologist #socialactivist #volunteer #employment #consulting #interacting #jackofalltrades #masterofnone #musician #reader

Zachary’s Avatar
Zachary Apr 08, 2020 811 views

Trying to decide on a career as a consultant

I was just wondering what some of you consultants out there did to start your career. I know B-school is a good idea. Trying to figure out what else could help me. #career #consulting #business

Christie’s Avatar
Christie Mar 25, 2020 803 views

Given the increased need to work from home, I was wondering what sort of factors should I keep in mind while finding/working in an online/virtual internship?

I'm specifically interested in finance, consulting, and non profit work

#internship #finance #consulting #nonprofit #COVID-19

Nathan’s Avatar
Nathan Mar 22, 2020 750 views

What careers blend my passion for business and my love for sports ?

I am a grade 11 student. I am an actor with leading and supporting roles on my resume. I’ve done theatre, short film and television series. I love basketball and the raptors. I’m very interested in business and investments. #consulting #sports-management #business #acting

Christie’s Avatar
Christie Mar 05, 2020 621 views

As a college student, what sort of experiences would best prepare me for a career in consulting?

#internship #career #job #consulting

Josh’s Avatar
Josh Feb 12, 2020 1833 views

Want to go into advisory / management consulting. Which is a better stepping stone? Audit or Tax?

Hi. I'm an accounting fresh graduate who is currently trying to complete ACCA. I would like to go into advisory or management consulting but lately there are no responses from Big4 and other consulting firms. Therefore, I might have to start my career in either external audit or tax. Which of...

Noah’s Avatar
Noah Jul 25, 2019 304 views

What challenges have you faced being in the culinary world?

#chef #culinary #business #consulting

Yue’s Avatar
Yue Feb 09, 2019 383 views

How difficult is it for a Chinese who studies master in the UK to find a consulting job there?

#consulting #graduatejob #career

Jalen’s Avatar
Jalen Aug 30, 2018 618 views

What’s good about being an engineer

#STEM #general #consulting