Career Questions tagged Consulting

Jalen P.’s Avatar
Jalen P. Aug 30, 2018 187 views
Anna N.’s Avatar
Anna N. Aug 24, 2018 166 views
Irma D.’s Avatar
Irma D. Aug 21, 2018 188 views

What is some of the stress that first year generations face from living with only one parent?

As a freshman student who is the oldest from 2 younger siblings, studying psychology. #consulting...

#students

Rebecca A.’s Avatar
Rebecca A. Jun 22, 2018 311 views

How should I prepare for a Consulting Case Interview?

I'm interested in management consulting. How should I prepare for the case portion of interview? I haven't taken any business classes, although I have taken micro economics and macro economics. #consulting #interviews #case-interview...

#management-consulting

Jennifer H.’s Avatar
Jennifer H. Dec 08, 2017 4185 views
Mireia R.’s Avatar
Mireia R. Sep 30, 2017 701 views

What is the most fulfilling aspect of your job in the fields of accounting, auditing, consulting, and/or taxing?

People like me often search for jobs that will allow them to make a difference in the world and give their life purpose meaning, and direction. Who knows? Maybe accounting could realize that goal. #accounting #audit #auditor #auditing #accountant #consulting #tax #taxing #taxation...

#consultants

Julianne B.’s Avatar
Julianne B. Sep 29, 2017 500 views

What education and experience path leads to consulting?

To #consultants : how did you get to where you are? After you are successful in a field, do you become a consultant to help others? Do you take a second job? #consulting...

#management-consulting

Viktoriya R.’s Avatar
Viktoriya R. Aug 19, 2016 692 views

How to transition from a tax accountant to management consulting?

I have worked as a tax preparer for 6 years at a small boutique accounting firm. My experience includes small business consultation from company registration to licensing to dissolution. I am currently obtaining my Masters in Finance and plan to sit for the CPA license. Any advise to make the...

#management-consulting #accounting #consulting #tax

D. O.’s Avatar
D. O. Sep 25, 2017 378 views

What type of work does an education consultant do? What does the career path into education consulting typically look like?

I have background in teaching and worked a private equity role this past summer. I'd love to find a role that combines these two interests and was thinking that education consulting could be a good fit. Any personal experiences or tips would be great to hear! #education #consulting...

#business #management-consulting

Danilo A.’s Avatar
Danilo A. Sep 01, 2017 410 views

What is the difference between consulting and finance?

The two both seem popular and I know they're both taught at the business school. #business #consulting...

#finance

Maia C.’s Avatar
Maia C. May 15, 2016 615 views

How much mathematics consulting work is available?

I'm looking at majoring in Applied Mathematics. I know that there is some consulting that mathematicians do for large businesses or government organizations. How much does consulting contribute to your salary? How often can you get consulting work? #mathematics #consulting #statistics...

#applied-mathematics #financial-planning

Mounia M.’s Avatar
Mounia M. Mar 12, 2017 504 views

What job title would I hold if I wanted to provide businesses with employee personality assessments?

I'm wondering if jobs that help businesses with finding the best employees with personality assessments are psychology based jobs or a form of consulting? #career #psychology #jobs...

#consulting

Nicole C.’s Avatar
Nicole C. Jan 24, 2017 580 views

What is the difference between working in Human Resources for a specific company and HR consulting?

What is different about working in house for a company and working for a consulting firm? Has anyone worked in both roles and is able to compare and contrast the two? #business #human-resources #consulting #hr...

#hr-consulting

Parker W.’s Avatar
Parker W. Dec 02, 2016 722 views

What is the difference between consulting and investment banking?

How are consulting (increasing efficiency) and investment banking (identifying trends) similar and/or dissimilar? Is there a significant cultural difference between working at an IB as opposed to a consulting firm? #investment-management #project-management...

#consulting

D. O.’s Avatar
D. O. Nov 18, 2016 950 views

Does anybody have any tips or advice for phone interviews with investment firms?

I'm a college student majoring in English/Economics, and I have a phone interview with an REIT/Asset Management firm. I was wondering if anybody had any advice for how business/finance interviews are usually conducted. How much of a technical background should I be expected to have, and...

#investment-banking #finance #real-estate-financing #real-estate-investing #business #consulting

Aukai E.’s Avatar
Aukai E. Aug 22, 2016 640 views

Being a philosophy major is something of interest to me but I often hear that it is useless when working- how do I get the most out of a philosophy class and at was school to make it worth it?

I am interested in studying philosophy but don't want to major in something that will make it hard for me to get a job. People say it can be useful if done right- how do I do it right? #education #university #higher-education #consulting...

#philosophy

Aukai E.’s Avatar
Aukai E. Aug 09, 2016 647 views

As a student in highschool, many doors (internships) seems shut. What are you r recommendations for a highschool student who wants to get an internship at a consulting firm?

More so for next summer, I would like to intern at a consulting firm so that I might learn about what it takes (experience and education wise) to come back and get a job post-degree. #business #higher-education #consulting...

#management-consulting

David Ohta’s Avatar
David O. Aug 02, 2016 893 views

Where/what companies should a second year college student look to in order to find summer internships in consulting?

I'm a second year student majoring in English/Economics at Stanford University, and I'm interested in learning more about consulting/figuring out if its a good professional fit for me. #business #consulting #business-analysis...

#management-consulting

Aukai E.’s Avatar
Aukai E. Jul 22, 2016 662 views

As I begin to explore possible subjects in higher education, what major would best teach me the skills most useful in landing and excelling at a consulting job at a respected firm?

I am currently taking a business management course at Oxford and we have been talking about consulting. We have practised consulting with case studies, but not really discussed what it takes to become one professionally. #business #business-development #consulting #management-consulting...

#strategic-consulting

Wooju Y.’s Avatar
Wooju Y. Jul 04, 2016 478 views

Improving Connections

What are some good ways to get connected with more people? I have a LinkedIn, but I feel like that isn't very good at expanding contacts yet. I've searched on the internet for people, but I couldn't find any people. I want to meet more people at different jobs and careers and understand what...

#linkedin #industry-contacts #consulting

Tamara S.’s Avatar
Tamara S. Jun 23, 2016 1311 views

What is the standard height required for a ramp model.

I am an aspiring model and want to pursue a career in modelling. #fashion #advertising #consulting #makeup #modeling...

#fashion-shows

Amy J.’s Avatar
Amy J. May 24, 2016 594 views

Consulting Time Commitment

I have always heard that consultants have to work long hours and don't have a good work life balance. Is this true? Does the firm that you work for have an impact on this?...

#consulting

Renugadevi S.’s Avatar
Renugadevi S. May 19, 2016 810 views
Minh V.’s Avatar
Minh V. May 18, 2016 611 views

Is it possible for students adapt to new career paths that are unrelated to their major? And if so, what steps should they take?

A lot of times, people end up having a new passion that is unrelated to their degree. I have seen many professionals gain high profile jobs even though they had a degree that was unrelated to their career. I was curious to see how a student could gain experience in a different field and dive...

#development #graduate #recruiting #business #majors #consulting

Minh V.’s Avatar
Minh V. May 18, 2016 448 views

Diversity is becoming a big component for many companies. I believe that diversity should not be just stated but it should be felt. What are some ways an organization can make diversity something that is felt rather than sold?

As a student that is on the Diversity Empowerment Council at the Robert H. Smith School of Business, I would like to find out new creative ways to create initiatives that will help empower my community. #business #consulting...

#diversity

Cherie Z.’s Avatar
Cherie Z. May 16, 2016 518 views

What's the most uselful graduate degree in psychology?

I'm working on a degree in psychology, but don't necessarily want to be a clinical psychologist. I'm fascinated by cognitive, social, and political psychology. Are careers realistically available in these areas, and if so what degree would be necessary? #psychology #politics #consulting...

#cognitive-psychology #cognition #forensic-psychology #social-psychology

Prashant S.’s Avatar
Prashant S. Sep 04, 2015 603 views

i am searching college for engineering in civil or computer in US and i am from nepal with medium economy

i am from nepal and wants to know how can i join engineering in US and i am from medium economy family .. can i actually afford there by doing side job if available #engineer...

#consulting