Career Questions tagged Consulting

Faye W.’s Avatar
Faye W. Sep 02 112 views

What are some of the careers I can choose? I'm a PR student but don't want to work in an agency.

My major is public relations and I've worked at a couple of agencies that specialize in PR, digital marketing, and advertising. As I gained industry experiences, I realized that agency work is probably not a good fit for me. I do like the creative, fast-paced, everyday-is-not-the-same part of...

#jobsearch #careerpath #job #mentoring #socialjustice #publicrelations #careercounseling #career #consulting #business

C L.’s Avatar
C L. Aug 08 203 views

How to engage more audiences on Linkedin?

To all professionals reading this post, thank you for your precious time! I hope all is well on your end! :) Context: I like to use Linkedin to look for jobs and connect with like-minded people. However, my posts don't usually generate a lot of views. I don't know how LinkedIn algorithm...

#careeradvice #career #strategy #contentcreator #recruiters #hr #writer #influencer #professionals #technology #linkedin #algorithm #consulting

Linda X.’s Avatar
Linda X. Aug 02 142 views

Wellesley VS. Northwestern where should I go

Would like to go ibd/ consulting after graduation, as an international student from China, which school should I choose for my undergraduate study? #career-path #banking...

#consulting

Zachary M.’s Avatar
Zachary M. Apr 08 384 views

Trying to decide on a career as a consultant

I was just wondering what some of you consultants out there did to start your career. I know B-school is a good idea. Trying to figure out what else could help me. #career #consulting...

#business

Nathan D.’s Avatar
Nathan D. Mar 22 247 views

What careers blend my passion for business and my love for sports ?

I am a grade 11 student. I am an actor with leading and supporting roles on my resume. I’ve done theatre, short film and television series. I love basketball and the raptors. I’m very interested in business and investments. #consulting #sports-management #business...

#acting

Josh P.’s Avatar
Josh P. Feb 12 358 views

Want to go into advisory / management consulting. Which is a better stepping stone? Audit or Tax?

Hi. I'm an accounting fresh graduate who is currently trying to complete ACCA. I would like to go into advisory or management consulting but lately there are no responses from Big4 and other consulting firms. Therefore, I might have to start my career in either external audit or tax. Which of...

#tax #career #accounting #consulting #business

Jalen P.’s Avatar
Jalen P. Aug 30, 2018 306 views
Anna N.’s Avatar
Anna N. Aug 24, 2018 351 views
Irma D.’s Avatar
Irma D. Aug 21, 2018 269 views

What is some of the stress that first year generations face from living with only one parent?

As a freshman student who is the oldest from 2 younger siblings, studying psychology. #consulting...

#students

Rebecca A.’s Avatar
Rebecca A. Jun 22, 2018 473 views

How should I prepare for a Consulting Case Interview?

I'm interested in management consulting. How should I prepare for the case portion of interview? I haven't taken any business classes, although I have taken micro economics and macro economics. #consulting #interviews #case-interview...

#management-consulting

Jennifer H.’s Avatar
Jennifer H. Dec 08, 2017 5169 views
Mireia R.’s Avatar
Mireia R. Sep 30, 2017 1254 views

What is the most fulfilling aspect of your job in the fields of accounting, auditing, consulting, and/or taxing?

People like me often search for jobs that will allow them to make a difference in the world and give their life purpose meaning, and direction. Who knows? Maybe accounting could realize that goal. #accounting #audit #auditor #auditing #accountant #consulting #tax #taxing #taxation...

#consultants

Julianne B.’s Avatar
Julianne B. Sep 29, 2017 814 views

What education and experience path leads to consulting?

To #consultants : how did you get to where you are? After you are successful in a field, do you become a consultant to help others? Do you take a second job? #consulting...

#management-consulting

Viktoriya R.’s Avatar
Viktoriya R. Aug 19, 2016 866 views

How to transition from a tax accountant to management consulting?

I have worked as a tax preparer for 6 years at a small boutique accounting firm. My experience includes small business consultation from company registration to licensing to dissolution. I am currently obtaining my Masters in Finance and plan to sit for the CPA license. Any advise to make the...

#tax #management-consulting #accounting #consulting

D. O.’s Avatar
D. O. Sep 25, 2017 453 views

What type of work does an education consultant do? What does the career path into education consulting typically look like?

I have background in teaching and worked a private equity role this past summer. I'd love to find a role that combines these two interests and was thinking that education consulting could be a good fit. Any personal experiences or tips would be great to hear! #education #consulting...

#management-consulting #business

Danilo A.’s Avatar
Danilo A. Sep 01, 2017 519 views

What is the difference between consulting and finance?

The two both seem popular and I know they're both taught at the business school. #business #consulting...

#finance

Maia C.’s Avatar
Maia C. May 15, 2016 730 views

How much mathematics consulting work is available?

I'm looking at majoring in Applied Mathematics. I know that there is some consulting that mathematicians do for large businesses or government organizations. How much does consulting contribute to your salary? How often can you get consulting work? #mathematics #consulting #statistics...

#applied-mathematics #financial-planning

Mounia M.’s Avatar
Mounia M. Mar 12, 2017 587 views

What job title would I hold if I wanted to provide businesses with employee personality assessments?

I'm wondering if jobs that help businesses with finding the best employees with personality assessments are psychology based jobs or a form of consulting? #career #psychology #jobs...

#consulting

Nicole C.’s Avatar
Nicole C. Jan 24, 2017 738 views

What is the difference between working in Human Resources for a specific company and HR consulting?

What is different about working in house for a company and working for a consulting firm? Has anyone worked in both roles and is able to compare and contrast the two? #business #human-resources #consulting #hr...

#hr-consulting

Parker W.’s Avatar
Parker W. Dec 02, 2016 862 views

What is the difference between consulting and investment banking?

How are consulting (increasing efficiency) and investment banking (identifying trends) similar and/or dissimilar? Is there a significant cultural difference between working at an IB as opposed to a consulting firm? #investment-management #project-management...

#consulting

D. O.’s Avatar
D. O. Nov 18, 2016 1083 views

Does anybody have any tips or advice for phone interviews with investment firms?

I'm a college student majoring in English/Economics, and I have a phone interview with an REIT/Asset Management firm. I was wondering if anybody had any advice for how business/finance interviews are usually conducted. How much of a technical background should I be expected to have, and...

#investment-banking #business #real-estate-investing #real-estate-financing #consulting #finance

Aukai E.’s Avatar
Aukai E. Aug 22, 2016 780 views

Being a philosophy major is something of interest to me but I often hear that it is useless when working- how do I get the most out of a philosophy class and at was school to make it worth it?

I am interested in studying philosophy but don't want to major in something that will make it hard for me to get a job. People say it can be useful if done right- how do I do it right? #education #university #higher-education #consulting...

#philosophy

Aukai E.’s Avatar
Aukai E. Aug 09, 2016 803 views

As a student in highschool, many doors (internships) seems shut. What are you r recommendations for a highschool student who wants to get an internship at a consulting firm?

More so for next summer, I would like to intern at a consulting firm so that I might learn about what it takes (experience and education wise) to come back and get a job post-degree. #business #higher-education #consulting...

#management-consulting

David Ohta’s Avatar
David O. Aug 02, 2016 1087 views

Where/what companies should a second year college student look to in order to find summer internships in consulting?

I'm a second year student majoring in English/Economics at Stanford University, and I'm interested in learning more about consulting/figuring out if its a good professional fit for me. #business #consulting #business-analysis...

#management-consulting