Career Questions tagged Management Consulting

Rob’s Avatar
Rob Jul 12 191 views

Management Consulting or Investment Banking

I am a college student trying to decide between management consulting or investment banking. How should I decide and where should I start?

Humberto’s Avatar
Humberto Jul 11 144 views

Is getting MBA post-grad worth it? Bentley University

I am currently a consulting intern at a Big 4 company and was wondering if getting my MBA degree soon after my Bachelors degree is worth it? I have spoken with so many successful professionals in the firm without one and do not see the ROI being so high. I am currently on an accelerated MBA at...

Matthew’s Avatar
Matthew Jul 10 275 views

What is the best way to prep for a case style interview at a big four accounting firm?

Jermaine’s Avatar
Jermaine Jun 27 173 views

As a U.S. Army Vet and non-traditional student who will graduate at the age of 34 with a degree in finance, how can I make myself an attractive candidate for hire at competitive firms such as the Big 4 firms, McKinsey, Bain, or BCG.

I am studying at UMD - Smith School of Business.

I have 2 years of school remaining.

I have no relevant work history outside of my current internship at a Big 4 firm.

I am shooting for a Management Consultant position.

Rebecca’s Avatar
Rebecca Jun 22, 2018 903 views

How should I prepare for a Consulting Case Interview?

I'm interested in management consulting. How should I prepare for the case portion of interview? I haven't taken any business classes, although I have taken micro economics and macro economics.
#consulting #interviews #case-interview #management-consulting

Jennifer’s Avatar
Jennifer Dec 08, 2017 7441 views

What qualities should I possess if I want to be a consultant?

Interested to be a management consultant in the future. #consulting #management-consulting #strategic-consulting #career

Julianne’s Avatar
Julianne Sep 29, 2017 2082 views

What education and experience path leads to consulting?

To #consultants : how did you get to where you are? After you are successful in a field, do you become a consultant to help others? Do you take a second job? #consulting #management-consulting

D.’s Avatar
D. Sep 25, 2017 704 views

What type of work does an education consultant do? What does the career path into education consulting typically look like?

I have background in teaching and worked a private equity role this past summer. I'd love to find a role that combines these two interests and was thinking that education consulting could be a good fit. Any personal experiences or tips would be great to hear! #education #consulting...

mean’s Avatar
mean Oct 25, 2016 3530 views

What is Business Information Systems? What are the careers in this field?

I was wondering what is it about? #business #information-technology #japan #it #business-analysis #web-development #information-systems #management-consulting #mis

Viktoriya’s Avatar
Viktoriya Aug 19, 2016 1278 views

How to transition from a tax accountant to management consulting?

I have worked as a tax preparer for 6 years at a small boutique accounting firm. My experience includes small business consultation from company registration to licensing to dissolution. I am currently obtaining my Masters in Finance and plan to sit for the CPA license. Any advise to make the...

Aukai’s Avatar
Aukai Aug 09, 2016 1061 views

As a student in highschool, many doors (internships) seems shut. What are you r recommendations for a highschool student who wants to get an internship at a consulting firm?

More so for next summer, I would like to intern at a consulting firm so that I might learn about what it takes (experience and education wise) to come back and get a job post-degree. #business #higher-education #consulting #management-consulting

David Ohta’s Avatar
David Aug 02, 2016 2126 views

Where/what companies should a second year college student look to in order to find summer internships in consulting?

I'm a second year student majoring in English/Economics at Stanford University, and I'm interested in learning more about consulting/figuring out if its a good professional fit for me. #business #consulting #business-analysis #management-consulting

Aukai’s Avatar
Aukai Jul 22, 2016 1267 views

As I begin to explore possible subjects in higher education, what major would best teach me the skills most useful in landing and excelling at a consulting job at a respected firm?

I am currently taking a business management course at Oxford and we have been talking about consulting. We have practised consulting with case studies, but not really discussed what it takes to become one professionally. #business #business-development #consulting #management-consulting...