Career Questions tagged Tax

Josh P.’s Avatar
Josh P. Feb 12, 2020 652 views

Want to go into advisory / management consulting. Which is a better stepping stone? Audit or Tax?

Hi. I'm an accounting fresh graduate who is currently trying to complete ACCA. I would like to go into advisory or management consulting but lately there are no responses from Big4 and other consulting firms. Therefore, I might have to start my career in either external audit or tax. Which of...

#consulting #accounting #career #tax #business

Mireia R.’s Avatar
Mireia R. Sep 30, 2017 1992 views

What is the most fulfilling aspect of your job in the fields of accounting, auditing, consulting, and/or taxing?

People like me often search for jobs that will allow them to make a difference in the world and give their life purpose meaning, and direction. Who knows? Maybe accounting could realize that goal. #accounting #audit #auditor #auditing #accountant #consulting #tax #taxing #taxation...

#consultants

Viktoriya R.’s Avatar
Viktoriya R. Aug 19, 2016 947 views

How to transition from a tax accountant to management consulting?

I have worked as a tax preparer for 6 years at a small boutique accounting firm. My experience includes small business consultation from company registration to licensing to dissolution. I am currently obtaining my Masters in Finance and plan to sit for the CPA license. Any advise to make the...

#consulting #accounting #management-consulting #tax

Ian P.’s Avatar
Ian P. Mar 15, 2016 832 views

What is the responsibilty of a tax manager at an investment management company?

I recently heard of this job title, and I'm thinking about pursuing an accounting degree in college. Can you help me understand what your job is like? What do you do? Are you an accountant? #finance #financial-services #investment-management #investing...

#tax

Cole C.’s Avatar
Cole C. Sep 28, 2017 357 views

How does the government decide the taxes for each state?

I know that in some states taxes are different; however, I am unsure as to why that is. I understand that they have different amounts of people, but why do those people have to pay substantially different amounts of...

#tax

Brittanie H.’s Avatar
Brittanie H. Oct 31, 2016 566 views

I need tips or suggestions on how to budget at home business from separate personal finances

I wish to start a business but I don't want to mix up finance between personal and business. Or can you just put the money in your personal account if your the only employee doing the work? #accounting #financial-accounting #taxes...

#tax

Amareshwaran S.’s Avatar
Amareshwaran S. Jun 15, 2016 530 views

What to do to become good Civil Engineer ..? What is under this studies?

I like to build a bridge .. which should be long life and my remember will be that mine that #teaching #social #teach #3d-modeling #mentors #tax...

#social-tv