Career Questions tagged Investing

George M.’s Avatar
George M. Oct 28 30 views
Kevin E.’s Avatar
Kevin E. Sep 09 45 views

How to purchase my first real estate investment?

I’ve worked as an entrepreneur since I was 17 years old #business while also working on and off at odd jobs. #business #entrepreneur #finance #networking #business-management #investing...

#realestate

Joi I.’s Avatar
Joi I. Sep 26, 2018 312 views

Learn about investing

I'm a mechanical engineering university student with 2 more years of school. I started reading Rich Dad Poor Dad and I am interested in investing and increasing my financial knowledge. For those with insight and experience, what is a good way to start investing after I graduate or maybe even...

#advice #college #business #finance #beginner #money #investing

Kai W.’s Avatar
Kai W. Aug 02, 2018 230 views

Should teens invest into the stock market?

Maybe that could help pay for college if you have a successful portfolio? #investing #venture-capital #finance...

#real-estate

McKenzie R.’s Avatar
McKenzie R. Jul 08, 2018 264 views

How does an degree in Business Finance help in your personal financial life?

Did your major of Business Finance help you with learning personal investing? #finance-major #finance #investing #budgeting #business...

#business-finance

Daniel Y.’s Avatar
Daniel Y. May 09, 2018 219 views

What are the steps needed to break into private equity without a finance background?

#investing has always been a part of my life whether it be #real-estate-investing or #stocks-investing . I went to college for #engineering but will soon be attending a top ranked #mba program. I was hoping to learn a little bit more of how people break into the #pe...

Prince B.’s Avatar
Prince B. Jan 17, 2018 255 views

What are some ways I can start to be an investor or a business owner?

I ma a Finance major and I wan to know ways I can succeed at getting internships during and after college? #finance #university #investing #business...

#entrepreneurship

Jared K.’s Avatar
Jared K. Jan 16, 2018 231 views

I want to make money in the stock market so what is the best degree to get for that?

I am interested in how the stock market works and am interested in a job in this area. #stock-market #investing #business...

Joshua H.’s Avatar
Joshua H. Jan 16, 2018 207 views

How to plan for retirement?

Seeing as how my income will be very minimal while in college (around 200$ a month) how can I begin saving for my retirement? -- Also interested in investing #plans #goals #retirement #investing #financial-planning...

#finance

Cristin G.’s Avatar
Cristin G. Jan 20, 2018 225 views

What is the best way to promote yourself and your education to ensure that you stand out when starting a career?

I have been investing an immense amount of time to my studies in order to be better qualified than others competing for the same job or career. Because of this, it would be nice to get insight on ways to stand out from the crowd. #standout #investing...

#studies

Alisha S.’s Avatar
Alisha S. Jan 12, 2018 240 views

As a student interested not in just getting rich quick, how can one really learn how to invest their money wisely?

Too often we hear that education systems don't prepare us for real life, but I think they are trying to improve this. But what are some great resources to learn about money management and wealth as a student? #investing #real-estate-investing #money-management...

#wealth-management

casey P.’s Avatar
casey P. Sep 30, 2017 498 views
Ian P.’s Avatar
Ian P. Mar 15, 2016 675 views

What is the responsibilty of a tax manager at an investment management company?

I recently heard of this job title, and I'm thinking about pursuing an accounting degree in college. Can you help me understand what your job is like? What do you do? Are you an accountant? #finance #financial-services #investment-management #investing...

#tax

Bridget S.’s Avatar
Bridget S. Feb 24, 2017 585 views

What is a Roth IRA?

Please explain what it it, why it is used, and compare it to other similar but different methods #investment-management #investing #saving #taxation...

#income-tax

Armine M.’s Avatar
Armine M. Feb 07, 2017 436 views

How can I become a real estate agent?

I would love to start and help out with my family business, by getting a real estate license. I am unsure about what education or steps I need to obtain my real estate license and become a real estate agent. #business #higher-education #investing #real-estate...

#real-estate-agent

Ivy E.’s Avatar
Ivy E. Jun 27, 2016 636 views

What exactly do people involved in international business do?

I'm an upcoming senior in high school and I'm trying to explore different fields of study to determine which one I'm more interested in. Recently I took a Financial Occupations course and I became interested in business specifically international business. Now I'm just wondering what exactly...

#business #international #international-business #investing #financing

bhavana N.’s Avatar
bhavana N. Jun 23, 2016 517 views

I want to become a charted accountant? which course i must choose after my SSLC?

i am very good in mathematics, i like more in account related activities, i am very good managing finance at home #professor #finance #investing #bank...

#banker

Alec J.’s Avatar
Alec J. Jun 04, 2016 481 views

How to get started in the investing realm?

I am currently in college and am pursuing my degree in finance. I want to get more into the investment side of finance so I was curious about how I would be able to make that step. Should I look into internships that could give me this opportunity or should I do research on my own? #finance...

#internships #money #investing #investment

Forrest B.’s Avatar
Forrest B. May 22, 2016 722 views

Will Cannabis or cannabis related industries, be the next production boom for america?

look at the media this is clearly a hot topic of debate, but for some reason talk has slowed I say lets re-open more discussion on this topic. #lawyer #entrepreneurship #investing #philosophy #judges #farming #cannabis...

#drug-delivery

Matthew M.’s Avatar
Matthew M. May 18, 2016 559 views

Would it be more wise to pursue a bachelors in business administration or economics?

I want to pursue a career in the following areas of interest: finance, real estate, investing, commercial business, travel. I want to have a job that will provide me with lots of opportunity for my future. Not looking for anything specific. I just want to do something on a big scale with lots...

#real-estate #business #finance #hedge-funds #economics #investing

Calvin K.’s Avatar
Calvin K. May 13, 2016 545 views

Should I take a finance-related course?

I'm not planning on going into any finance-related program, but there are definitely some finance-related things I'd like to learn about to prepare for my future such as the following: how to do taxes, understanding the economy and the market, and how to invest. However, I'm not good at...

#mathematics #finance #math #economics #investing #economy #investment

Anina H.’s Avatar
Anina H. Apr 28, 2016 1357 views

How can I get started investing in stocks and bonds? How can I be successful in the stock market?

Hi! My name is Anina and I'm a high school senior interning at Career Village. I recently attended a short seminar on finances, and it was a few college students trying to explain the basics. However, they never actually covered how to be successful in your investments. #finance #money...

#economics #investing #stocks

kevin M.’s Avatar
kevin M. Apr 06, 2016 476 views

How does a venture capitalist company originate? Is a large amount of money required to begin a venture capitalist company?

My name is Kevin and I am a sophomore in Boston. I have interest in this profession and I am curious about how to get involved. #investing...

#venture-capital

Margot M.’s Avatar
Margot M. Mar 14, 2016 853 views

How old should I be when I start investing on my own account if I want to have a future in finance?

Is there a minimum age you need to be in order to qualify to have an investment account? For high school students it’s hard to get started. Is it possible to start in 9th grade? If not, what can a 9th grader do to get started? #finance #investment-management...

#investing

Eric C.’s Avatar
Eric C. Mar 14, 2016 956 views

How competitive are internships in the investment industry?

I want to try to get an internship at some point. How competitive is that going to be, and if it’s very competitive then what are the things that are going to make someone stand out? #finance #investment-management...

#investing

Riley J.’s Avatar
Riley J. Mar 10, 2016 618 views

What does an investing career path look like?

If I go to college and eventually get into a job in investing, where do you start (like what is the job title) and when you go up the ladder what do you go up to (what’s the top of the ladder)? How long does it take to go to the top of the ladder? I’m sure it must be really hard, but I’m...

#investing #investment-management #finance