Career Questions tagged Investment

Shivam S.’s Avatar
Shivam S. Sep 01 168 views

What's it like working in finance?

I'm interested in finance and i'm not sure how to figure out which specific area I want to go into. I understand IB is lucrative but i'd love to hear what the real world experience is like in any of these areas. The salary always seems solid and the hours are usually long. But what's the work...

#investment #finance #business

Alejandro P.’s Avatar
Alejandro P. Aug 09 136 views

What are the chances to get into Investment Banking (any job) as intern without any experience nor a Master's Degree in Finance / CFA? What should I expect in terms of hours worked and chances of growth if I make it?

I am turning 28 this year. My past experience is in Marketing and Sales and just got my Undergraduate Business degree in 2019. During univeristy I picked up some finance subjects as electives like corporate and financial markets. I really love to sell, to invest and to be aware of what happens...

#finance #internship #investment #entrylevel #business #investmentbanking #financialanalyst #banking #career #ib

Effie M.’s Avatar
Effie M. Jun 12 148 views

I have neither knowledge nor experience in investing, although I am very interested in this field. How should I start my investing journey when I haven't even gotten a job?

Are there any specific books or blogs to read and learn from, or any YouTube channels I can take notes from? #investing #investment...

#teenager

Lauren L.’s Avatar
Lauren L. Jan 17, 2018 410 views

How do I apply for grants for my dance ideas?

I will need #funds for my #dance company while I’m trying to get off the ground. #investment #performing-arts...

#business

Jose P.’s Avatar
Jose P. Jan 18, 2018 381 views

How do you become a top investor?

I want to pursuit the career of business and investing would be a great part of my career...... #investment...

#business

Aaron G.’s Avatar
Aaron G. Jan 17, 2018 365 views

I am interest in electrical engineering, but I also like finance/money-related topics. Any advice on these two careers?

I want to go to college with a major that will help me secure a job in the future while enjoying my work. I am currently deciding between engineering and finance. #technology #finance #personal-finance #electrical-engineering #engineering #money-management #investment...

#career

Devetra C.’s Avatar
Devetra C. Jan 11, 2018 260 views
casey P.’s Avatar
casey P. Sep 30, 2017 582 views
Mary M.’s Avatar
Mary M. Aug 31, 2017 348 views

What are the most helpful and authentic online resources you would recommend a college student to start learning about FOREX trading?

Trading is a very complex network, whether it be stock or FOREX markets. And it takes a person a specific amount of time to become really good at trading. Therefore, I want to start learning and educating myself about investing in FOREX markets. #forex #trade #investment #learning #economics...

#investment-management

Devetra C.’s Avatar
Devetra C. Jan 27, 2017 519 views

When would be a good to time think about investing?

I'm a sophomore in college and trying to figure out when and how to start investing for my future. #investment-management...

#investment

Justin H.’s Avatar
Justin H. Jul 22, 2016 710 views
Alec J.’s Avatar
Alec J. Jun 04, 2016 599 views

How to get started in the investing realm?

I am currently in college and am pursuing my degree in finance. I want to get more into the investment side of finance so I was curious about how I would be able to make that step. Should I look into internships that could give me this opportunity or should I do research on my own? #finance...

#investing #investment #money #internships

Daniel Iyanoye’s Avatar
Daniel I. Jun 01, 2016 579 views

How does a venture capitalist know at first sight it's the next big thing

As a venture capitalist or investor, you always look to put your seeds in the next big thing and watch it grow to become a giant tree. But what's the 100% guarantee about the business you're funding and how do you know personally it's a wise move, besides the profile on paper #startups...

#investment #venture-capital #angel-investing

Ichelle  J.’s Avatar
Ichelle J. May 27, 2016 766 views

Over the past few years, there has been an increase in financial advisors. Why do you think that is?

As a high school junior, I spend a lot of my time planning my goals and how to achieve them. I researched my career and realized that there has been in an increase in demand for such prestigious people. I thought of why that was. #business #finance #banking #helping-others...

#investment

Kathleen A.’s Avatar
Kathleen A. May 17, 2016 814 views

What can you do with a Bachelor's degree in Economics?

I am pursuing a bachelor's degree in Economics with a minor in Business, what kind of career options are there for Econ majors? #business #finance #accounting #economics...

#investment

Calvin K.’s Avatar
Calvin K. May 13, 2016 629 views

Should I take a finance-related course?

I'm not planning on going into any finance-related program, but there are definitely some finance-related things I'd like to learn about to prepare for my future such as the following: how to do taxes, understanding the economy and the market, and how to invest. However, I'm not good at...

#investing #finance #math #economics #investment #mathematics #economy

Brittany L.’s Avatar
Brittany L. Oct 02, 2014 1000 views

What does a venture capitalist actually DO every day?

Hi everbody. Thank you for your help with my question. I heard about the career of venture capitalist in school and wanted to know what a venture capitalist actually does every day. Like I understand that you make investments but what are you doing while you're deciding how to make them or...

#investment #venture-capital #finance

Meng S.’s Avatar
Meng S. Apr 09, 2014 865 views
Nelson M.’s Avatar
Nelson M. Apr 07, 2014 1005 views

How does a venture capitalist know when to invest money into a business?

Im an 11th grade interested in the career of being a venture capitalist. #business...

#investment

Meng S.’s Avatar
Meng S. Apr 07, 2014 1436 views

What does the daily schedule of a seasoned stock broker look like?

I am a Junior in high school. I am quite interested in this career. I watched the movie Trading Places and I was inspired but that was a movie so I want to know the real life process. #business...

#investment