Career Questions tagged Hedge Funds

Charles C.’s Avatar
Charles C. Mar 15, 2018 493 views

How can I eventually become a Hedge fund manager? If ever?

I've always been sort of into business-y type things and more recently I've learned quite a bit about the market and have even started reading investopedia whenever I get bored. For some reason, recently I have been absolutely captivated by hedge funds...though many can have legally dubious...

hedge-funds hedge-fund stocks-investing

Matthew M.’s Avatar
Matthew M. May 18, 2016 586 views

How likely is it to find a mentor in the finance world?

I don't know what the world of finance has turned into today, but I've learned it's a very cut-throat community. There's a lot of opportunities, but it seems like connections are everything. What are the chances I'll find someone willing to help me out and give me the resources to grow my...

hedge-funds business real-estate economics

Matthew M.’s Avatar
Matthew M. May 18, 2016 772 views

Would it be more wise to pursue a bachelors in business administration or economics?

I want to pursue a career in the following areas of interest: finance, real estate, investing, commercial business, travel. I want to have a job that will provide me with lots of opportunity for my future. Not looking for anything specific. I just want to do something on a big scale with lots...

hedge-funds real-estate investing business finance economics