Career Questions tagged Statistics

Angelica L.’s Avatar
Angelica L. Jun 02 55 views

What is the most challenging aspect as a senior associate accountant?

I am currently taking ABM strand in this time of pandemic yet the discussions and modules are useless because I cannot understand all of them and no one's helping me out. mathematics...

statistics

Kelly W.’s Avatar
Kelly W. Sep 28, 2020 1220 views

Is Fintech a good major to take?

Hi, I am planning on taking Fintech for my masters. Do i need to have very good math or statistics skills? Also is the degree something that can help me get a job faster? Thank you. career math fintech finance technology masterdegree degree...

statistics

Zoe Z.’s Avatar
Zoe Z. Jul 18, 2020 316 views

Is a master in economics worth it?

I'm a sophomore in college. I am majoring in statistics and economics. My school's program allows me to pursue a master continuing my undergraduate study. I heard many people suggest economics graduates to pursue a more technical master such as data science to find better jobs, so I was...

master masters-degree economics statistics july20

Jakob W.’s Avatar
Jakob W. May 16, 2020 265 views

How to grow a successful business and how to get a successful wrestling career

At school I am interested in business and math, while my hobbies include statistics and wrestlingcareer. In my future I want to become a prowrestler and a business...

Hailin G.’s Avatar
Hailin G. Apr 20, 2020 458 views

What can you do with both a statistics(or applied math) degree and an economics degree?

I am interested in statistics, applied math, and economics, but don't know people who had double-majored in these areas. Just wondering what your working experience is like before and after graduation. How is your day like and what is the best part of your job? Much thanks! math career...

statistics economics technology

Ethan K.’s Avatar
Ethan K. Nov 14, 2019 190 views
Riley J.’s Avatar
Riley J. May 17, 2018 580 views

Is a math degree good for a career?

I am currently pursuing a degree in math. I know that there are a lot of careers that use math these days like insurance, finance, statistics, and cryptography. Is this the best degree to ensure that I get a job in one of these fields? And, if not what else should I look at? Thank you. math...

finance statistics college-major insurance career-options

Stephen E.’s Avatar
Stephen E. Apr 03, 2018 345 views

What are some professions that would fit my interests in statistics and probability?

I enjoy math and my two favorite subjects are stats and probability so I'd like to know what career paths are open to me....

statistics

Mariela G.’s Avatar
Mariela G. Feb 06, 2018 992 views

What's the difference between AP Calculus and AP Statistics?

I'm choosing my classes for next year and I don't know which math class to take or which one would prepare me for forensic science . calculus statistics math stem csi...

forensic-science

Brandy J.’s Avatar
Brandy J. Jan 18, 2018 635 views

I would like to know how many African American females hold degrees in Mathematics.

It is often said that minorities are not "good" at mathematics. I am just curious to know how many others have taken the journey I am embarking on successfully. statistics women-in-tech women-in-stem stem...

mathematics

Danny L.’s Avatar
Danny L. Dec 27, 2017 800 views

What software do market analysts use?

Hi everyone, I want to invest my winter break into learning a new skill. What softwares do market research analysts use? I know they would use some VBAs and will vary depending on the firm and market they are in, but what would you recommend me to learn over the next three weeks? What online...

e-learning market-research statistics marketing computer-software analytics vba software databases research business-analysis data-analysis

Jill A.’s Avatar
Jill A. Oct 22, 2017 740 views

What should I second major/minor in that will be helpful for a marketing major?

I need to choose 2 minors that will compliment my marketing major. The ones I am leaning towards to is either finance, psychology or statistics. Which one should I choose? My other option is to do a second major but marketing is really the only career I see myself in. marketing university...

double-major major statistics psychology college-minor college-major college-majors marketers majors-and-minors finance

Nazy N.’s Avatar
Nazy N. Oct 27, 2017 682 views

MBA vs IE vs data analyst

I am currently a graduate MSc student in Chemical engineering. I have relatively low interest in Chem. Eng. (living is US). I am thinking about changing fields. My current options are MBA, Industrial engineering and Statistics. I have a wide range of interests, very adaptive, good at math,...

career-counseling career-path industrial-engineer statistics data-analysis mba

Lavanya M.’s Avatar
Lavanya M. May 14, 2016 934 views

What course should I take after my second PUC?

i have completed my 2nd PUC in a commerce group . I am interested in mathematics, and I want to join B.com. What are the groups there in the B.com like marketing, accounting ect., and which is related to mathematics and commerce? marketing accountant banking statistics commerce math...

mathematics economics

James W.’s Avatar
James W. May 18, 2016 702 views

What are some good careers for statistics majors with a Bachelors degree?

Statistics is what I will be majoring in at Penn State, and I am wondering what others who have earned Bachelors Degrees in Statistics do once they graduate? major statistics graduates mathematics math...

career

Maia C.’s Avatar
Maia C. May 15, 2016 857 views

How much mathematics consulting work is available?

I'm looking at majoring in Applied Mathematics. I know that there is some consulting that mathematicians do for large businesses or government organizations. How much does consulting contribute to your salary? How often can you get consulting work? mathematics consulting statistics...

financial-planning applied-mathematics

Rohith C.’s Avatar
Rohith C. Aug 13, 2016 670 views

Which majors give the highest return ?

I'm a junior in my high school and I have hopes and desires to earn a lot of money when I am older. I would like to know what majors would give a good return before I finalize what I want to pursue. The majors I am interested in include: Finance, Engineering, Computer Science. money...

college-majors statistics future salary mentoring financial-planning

Abigail Z.’s Avatar
Abigail Z. May 16, 2016 588 views

What job could I get pertaining to statistics when I am only a sophomore in college?

I really want to start gaining experience in my field as soon as possible but I don't know what a good job would be that pertains to statistics that's only part time and doesn't require experience, college higher-education careers...

statistics

Britney Y.’s Avatar
Britney Y. Apr 25, 2017 629 views

Are there any good cites to help me study for the AP Statistics Exam

I'm taking the AP Statistics exam in a few weeks. I was wondering if anyone knows any good websites that have review material, testing strategies, and practice tests. ap statistics...

ap-exam

Savanna N.’s Avatar
Savanna N. Nov 28, 2016 763 views

What would be a great career for someone interested in statistics (and preferably with technology)?

I am a senior in high school right now and I am unsure if I want to do computer science so I have been looking at statistics (since I took it last year and loved it and love math in general). I have heard about and researched about a career as a statistician but I don't know what other options...

statistics math statisticians

Brianna W.’s Avatar
Brianna W. Oct 20, 2016 1375 views

How much job growth is expected within STEM careers?

I want to go into a career area that will have significant projected job growth within the next few years so that I can be sure to have a place in the career field. engineering science technology math stem...

statistics

Xueting X.’s Avatar
Xueting X. Oct 31, 2016 443 views

Should I go to graduate school or work after I graduate from undergraduate majoring in Statistics

I am planning to major in Statistics in college and I do not know if I should go to graduate school....

statistics

Xueting X.’s Avatar
Xueting X. Oct 31, 2016 617 views

What can I do after I graduate from undergraduate school majored in Statistics?

I am planning to major in Statistics or Mathematics and Statistics in college but I do not know what I can do after I graduate....

statistics

Samir F.’s Avatar
Samir F. Oct 31, 2016 455 views

What can you do alongside a stats major?

I'm interested in a statistics major. What majors/minors are recommended alongside my major? college-major...

statistics

Samir F.’s Avatar
Samir F. Oct 31, 2016 516 views

How can you use a statistics major in the field of sports?

I have an interest in statistics and baseball. Is there any way to utilize the major in the sport? statistics...

baseball

madison J.’s Avatar
madison J. Oct 28, 2016 582 views

what sort of careers can I pursue with a maths degree?

I love math, especially calculus and algebra, but there's not exactly a job where I can just solve equations all day, so what could I do with an advanced mathematics degree besides being a teacher or professor? mathematics statistics applied-mathematics mathematician calculus algebra...

computational-mathematics

Marisa K.’s Avatar
Marisa K. Oct 25, 2016 1488 views

What are jobs that use physics and statistics?

I love both physics and statistics, and am having trouble choosing which career path to follow. The applied math and logic of the subjects is the part that interests me the most. I am wondering if there are any exciting jobs that involve both subjects. career-choice career-path physics...

statistics