Career Questions tagged Statistics

Anita S.’s Avatar
Anita S. Apr 08 301 views

Will the demand for pediatricians increase in the next 10 years?

It's crazy how technology is taking control of many careers. Will pediatricians be in more or less demand than currently? Based of statistics and such.

Gianna S.’s Avatar
Gianna S. Apr 05 115 views

whats the difference between business administration and statistics?

difference between stats and business administration since they both have similar prerequisites?

weilin Y.’s Avatar
weilin Y. Jan 28 197 views

Should I take Statistics if I take computer science in college?

Is Computer Science include(required) Statistics knowledge? #Statistics #computer-programming

Angelica L.’s Avatar
Angelica L. Jun 02, 2021 172 views

What is the most challenging aspect as a senior associate accountant?

I am currently taking ABM strand in this time of pandemic yet the discussions and modules are useless because I cannot understand all of them and no one's helping me out. #mathematics #statistics

Kelly W.’s Avatar
Kelly W. Sep 28, 2020 2354 views

Is Fintech a good major to take?

Hi, I am planning on taking Fintech for my masters. Do i need to have very good math or statistics skills? Also is the degree something that can help me get a job faster? Thank you. #career #math #fintech #finance #technology #masterdegree #degree #statistics

Zoe Z.’s Avatar
Zoe Z. Jul 18, 2020 535 views

Is a master in economics worth it?

I'm a sophomore in college. I am majoring in statistics and economics. My school's program allows me to pursue a master continuing my undergraduate study. I heard many people suggest economics graduates to pursue a more technical master such as data science to find better jobs, so I was...

Jakob W.’s Avatar
Jakob W. May 16, 2020 364 views

How to grow a successful business and how to get a successful wrestling career

At school I am interested in #business and math, while my hobbies include #statistics and #wrestlingcareer. In my future I want to become a #prowrestler and a #business owner.

Jane S.’s Avatar
Jane S. May 16, 2020 455 views

What careers can you get from a statistics major with a psychology minor?

#college-minor #college-major #statistics #psychology #math #career

Hailin G.’s Avatar
Hailin G. Apr 20, 2020 604 views

What can you do with both a statistics(or applied math) degree and an economics degree?

I am interested in statistics, applied math, and economics, but don't know people who had double-majored in these areas. Just wondering what your working experience is like before and after graduation. How is your day like and what is the best part of your job? Much thanks! #math #career...

Kelly W.’s Avatar
Kelly W. Mar 26, 2020 441 views

Can I be a data analyst if I am good in statistics and not math?

#statistics #math

Ethan K.’s Avatar
Ethan K. Nov 14, 2019 289 views

what is the need or demand of sports statisticians?

I like math #sports #stats #statistics

Arely S.’s Avatar
Arely S. Aug 12, 2019 397 views

What can I do with an Associate degree in Math?

#math #numbers #statistics #associate#degree #science #college

Stephen E.’s Avatar
Stephen E. Apr 03, 2018 425 views

What are some professions that would fit my interests in statistics and probability?

I enjoy math and my two favorite subjects are stats and probability so I'd like to know what career paths are open to me. #statistics

Mariela G.’s Avatar
Mariela G. Feb 06, 2018 1500 views

What's the difference between AP Calculus and AP Statistics?

I'm choosing my classes for next year and I don't know which math class to take or which one would prepare me for forensic science . #calculus #statistics #math #STEM #csi #forensic-science

Brandy J.’s Avatar
Brandy J. Jan 18, 2018 754 views

I would like to know how many African American females hold degrees in Mathematics.

It is often said that minorities are not "good" at mathematics. I am just curious to know how many others have taken the journey I am embarking on successfully. #statistics #women-in-tech #women-in-stem #stem #mathematics

Danny L.’s Avatar
Danny L. Dec 27, 2017 936 views

What software do market analysts use?

Hi everyone, I want to invest my winter break into learning a new skill. What softwares do market research analysts use? I know they would use some VBAs and will vary depending on the firm and market they are in, but what would you recommend me to learn over the next three weeks? What online...

Nazy N.’s Avatar
Nazy N. Oct 27, 2017 797 views

MBA vs IE vs data analyst

I am currently a graduate MSc student in Chemical engineering. I have relatively low interest in Chem. Eng. (living is US). I am thinking about changing fields. My current options are MBA, Industrial engineering and Statistics. I have a wide range of interests, very adaptive, good at math,...

Britney Y.’s Avatar
Britney Y. Apr 25, 2017 723 views

Are there any good cites to help me study for the AP Statistics Exam

I'm taking the AP Statistics exam in a few weeks. I was wondering if anyone knows any good websites that have review material, testing strategies, and practice tests. #ap #statistics #ap-exam

Savanna N.’s Avatar
Savanna N. Nov 28, 2016 849 views

What would be a great career for someone interested in statistics (and preferably with technology)?

I am a senior in high school right now and I am unsure if I want to do computer science so I have been looking at statistics (since I took it last year and loved it and love math in general). I have heard about and researched about a career as a statistician but I don't know what other options...

Xueting X.’s Avatar
Xueting X. Oct 31, 2016 523 views

Should I go to graduate school or work after I graduate from undergraduate majoring in Statistics

I am planning to major in Statistics in college and I do not know if I should go to graduate school. #statistics

Xueting X.’s Avatar
Xueting X. Oct 31, 2016 694 views

What can I do after I graduate from undergraduate school majored in Statistics?

I am planning to major in Statistics or Mathematics and Statistics in college but I do not know what I can do after I graduate. #statistics

Samir F.’s Avatar
Samir F. Oct 31, 2016 526 views

What can you do alongside a stats major?

I'm interested in a statistics major. What majors/minors are recommended alongside my major? #college-major #statistics

Samir F.’s Avatar
Samir F. Oct 31, 2016 592 views

How can you use a statistics major in the field of sports?

I have an interest in statistics and baseball. Is there any way to utilize the major in the sport? #statistics #baseball

madison J.’s Avatar
madison J. Oct 28, 2016 683 views

what sort of careers can I pursue with a maths degree?

I love math, especially calculus and algebra, but there's not exactly a job where I can just solve equations all day, so what could I do with an advanced mathematics degree besides being a teacher or professor? #mathematics #statistics #applied-mathematics #mathematician #calculus #algebra...

Marisa K.’s Avatar
Marisa K. Oct 25, 2016 1618 views

What are jobs that use physics and statistics?

I love both physics and statistics, and am having trouble choosing which career path to follow. The applied math and logic of the subjects is the part that interests me the most. I am wondering if there are any exciting jobs that involve both subjects. #career-choice #career-path #physics...

Brianna W.’s Avatar
Brianna W. Oct 20, 2016 1508 views

How much job growth is expected within STEM careers?

I want to go into a career area that will have significant projected job growth within the next few years so that I can be sure to have a place in the career field. #engineering #science #technology #math #stem #statistics

Brittney B.’s Avatar
Brittney B. Aug 22, 2016 778 views

What do you do as a statistics person?

I love numbers and looking at different professional athletes statistics throughout the season and their careers. I prefer looking and analyzing the stats of hockey, baseball, and quarterbacks. #recruiting #statistics #data-analysis

Brittney B.’s Avatar
Brittney B. Aug 22, 2016 638 views

If you are interested in going into the sports entertainment field and you are a sports fanatic what career path should you follow?

Ever since I was a little kid I enjoyed watching sports, such as football, hockey, and baseball. I would watch games on tv and end up analyzing the play before the announcer would. #sports #sports-management #recruiting #statistics #data-analysis #staffing

Rohith C.’s Avatar
Rohith C. Aug 13, 2016 768 views

Which majors give the highest return ?

I'm a junior in my high school and I have hopes and desires to earn a lot of money when I am older. I would like to know what majors would give a good return before I finalize what I want to pursue. The majors I am interested in include: Finance, Engineering, Computer Science. #money...

Morgan J.’s Avatar
Morgan J. May 26, 2016 1043 views

How would one go about pursuing writing while pursuing mathematic/scientific majors?

I love to write, and I want to do much with it (perhaps like Steven Levitt and Stephen Dubner and their freakonomics books), but I'm pursuing degrees in statistics and earth sciences. How might I manage to still forge a semi career out of those fields? Of course, the obvious, do the...