Career Questions tagged Statistics

Kelly W.’s Avatar
Kelly W. Sep 28 112 views

Is Fintech a good major to take?

Hi, I am planning on taking Fintech for my masters. Do i need to have very good math or statistics skills? Also is the degree something that can help me get a job faster? Thank you. #career #math #fintech #finance #technology #masterdegree #degree...

#statistics

Zoe Z.’s Avatar
Zoe Z. Jul 18 93 views

Is a master in economics worth it?

I'm a sophomore in college. I am majoring in statistics and economics. My school's program allows me to pursue a master continuing my undergraduate study. I heard many people suggest economics graduates to pursue a more technical master such as data science to find better jobs, so I was...

#july20 #statistics #master #masters-degree #economics

Jakob W.’s Avatar
Jakob W. May 16 134 views

How to grow a successful business and how to get a successful wrestling career

At school I am interested in #business and math, while my hobbies include #statistics and #wrestlingcareer. In my future I want to become a #prowrestler and a #business...

Hailin G.’s Avatar
Hailin G. Apr 20 249 views

What can you do with both a statistics(or applied math) degree and an economics degree?

I am interested in statistics, applied math, and economics, but don't know people who had double-majored in these areas. Just wondering what your working experience is like before and after graduation. How is your day like and what is the best part of your job? Much thanks! #math #career...

#economics #statistics #technology

Ethan K.’s Avatar
Ethan K. Nov 14, 2019 95 views
Riley J.’s Avatar
Riley J. May 17, 2018 353 views

Is a math degree good for a career?

I am currently pursuing a degree in math. I know that there are a lot of careers that use math these days like insurance, finance, statistics, and cryptography. Is this the best degree to ensure that I get a job in one of these fields? And, if not what else should I look at? Thank you. #math...

#college-major #statistics #career-options #insurance #finance

Stephen E.’s Avatar
Stephen E. Apr 03, 2018 242 views

What are some professions that would fit my interests in statistics and probability?

I enjoy math and my two favorite subjects are stats and probability so I'd like to know what career paths are open to me....

#statistics

Mariela G.’s Avatar
Mariela G. Feb 06, 2018 584 views

What's the difference between AP Calculus and AP Statistics?

I'm choosing my classes for next year and I don't know which math class to take or which one would prepare me for forensic science . #calculus #statistics #math #stem #csi...

#forensic-science

Brandy J.’s Avatar
Brandy J. Jan 18, 2018 500 views

I would like to know how many African American females hold degrees in Mathematics.

It is often said that minorities are not "good" at mathematics. I am just curious to know how many others have taken the journey I am embarking on successfully. #statistics #women-in-tech #women-in-stem #stem...

#mathematics

Danny L.’s Avatar
Danny L. Dec 27, 2017 653 views

What software do market analysts use?

Hi everyone, I want to invest my winter break into learning a new skill. What softwares do market research analysts use? I know they would use some VBAs and will vary depending on the firm and market they are in, but what would you recommend me to learn over the next three weeks? What online...

#statistics #research #computer-software #marketing #market-research #data-analysis #e-learning #databases #business-analysis #software #vba #analytics

Jill A.’s Avatar
Jill A. Oct 22, 2017 596 views

What should I second major/minor in that will be helpful for a marketing major?

I need to choose 2 minors that will compliment my marketing major. The ones I am leaning towards to is either finance, psychology or statistics. Which one should I choose? My other option is to do a second major but marketing is really the only career I see myself in. #marketing #university...

#college-major #double-major #statistics #majors-and-minors #psychology #marketers #finance #college-minor #college-majors #major

Nazy N.’s Avatar
Nazy N. Oct 27, 2017 549 views

MBA vs IE vs data analyst

I am currently a graduate MSc student in Chemical engineering. I have relatively low interest in Chem. Eng. (living is US). I am thinking about changing fields. My current options are MBA, Industrial engineering and Statistics. I have a wide range of interests, very adaptive, good at math,...

#career-path #statistics #mba #industrial-engineer #career-counseling #data-analysis

Lavanya M.’s Avatar
Lavanya M. May 14, 2016 800 views

What course should I take after my second PUC?

i have completed my 2nd PUC in a commerce group . I am interested in mathematics, and I want to join B.com. What are the groups there in the B.com like marketing, accounting ect., and which is related to mathematics and commerce? #marketing #accountant #banking #statistics #commerce #math...

#economics #mathematics

James W.’s Avatar
James W. May 18, 2016 552 views

What are some good careers for statistics majors with a Bachelors degree?

Statistics is what I will be majoring in at Penn State, and I am wondering what others who have earned Bachelors Degrees in Statistics do once they graduate? #major #statistics #graduates #mathematics #math...

#career

Maia C.’s Avatar
Maia C. May 15, 2016 733 views

How much mathematics consulting work is available?

I'm looking at majoring in Applied Mathematics. I know that there is some consulting that mathematicians do for large businesses or government organizations. How much does consulting contribute to your salary? How often can you get consulting work? #mathematics #consulting #statistics...

#applied-mathematics #financial-planning

Rohith C.’s Avatar
Rohith C. Aug 13, 2016 545 views

Which majors give the highest return ?

I'm a junior in my high school and I have hopes and desires to earn a lot of money when I am older. I would like to know what majors would give a good return before I finalize what I want to pursue. The majors I am interested in include: Finance, Engineering, Computer Science. #money...

#statistics #mentoring #future #salary #college-majors #financial-planning

Abigail Z.’s Avatar
Abigail Z. May 16, 2016 506 views

What job could I get pertaining to statistics when I am only a sophomore in college?

I really want to start gaining experience in my field as soon as possible but I don't know what a good job would be that pertains to statistics that's only part time and doesn't require experience, #college #higher-education #careers...

#statistics

Britney Y.’s Avatar
Britney Y. Apr 25, 2017 504 views

Are there any good cites to help me study for the AP Statistics Exam

I'm taking the AP Statistics exam in a few weeks. I was wondering if anyone knows any good websites that have review material, testing strategies, and practice tests. #ap #statistics...

#ap-exam

Savanna N.’s Avatar
Savanna N. Nov 28, 2016 654 views

What would be a great career for someone interested in statistics (and preferably with technology)?

I am a senior in high school right now and I am unsure if I want to do computer science so I have been looking at statistics (since I took it last year and loved it and love math in general). I have heard about and researched about a career as a statistician but I don't know what other options...

#math #statistics #statisticians

Brianna W.’s Avatar
Brianna W. Oct 20, 2016 1271 views

How much job growth is expected within STEM careers?

I want to go into a career area that will have significant projected job growth within the next few years so that I can be sure to have a place in the career field. #engineering #science #technology #math #stem...

#statistics

Xueting X.’s Avatar
Xueting X. Oct 31, 2016 362 views

Should I go to graduate school or work after I graduate from undergraduate majoring in Statistics

I am planning to major in Statistics in college and I do not know if I should go to graduate school....

#statistics

Xueting X.’s Avatar
Xueting X. Oct 31, 2016 515 views

What can I do after I graduate from undergraduate school majored in Statistics?

I am planning to major in Statistics or Mathematics and Statistics in college but I do not know what I can do after I graduate....

#statistics

Samir F.’s Avatar
Samir F. Oct 31, 2016 371 views

What can you do alongside a stats major?

I'm interested in a statistics major. What majors/minors are recommended alongside my major? #college-major...

#statistics

Samir F.’s Avatar
Samir F. Oct 31, 2016 419 views

How can you use a statistics major in the field of sports?

I have an interest in statistics and baseball. Is there any way to utilize the major in the sport? #statistics...

#baseball

madison J.’s Avatar
madison J. Oct 28, 2016 494 views

what sort of careers can I pursue with a maths degree?

I love math, especially calculus and algebra, but there's not exactly a job where I can just solve equations all day, so what could I do with an advanced mathematics degree besides being a teacher or professor? #mathematics #statistics #applied-mathematics #mathematician #calculus #algebra...

#computational-mathematics

Marisa K.’s Avatar
Marisa K. Oct 25, 2016 954 views

What are jobs that use physics and statistics?

I love both physics and statistics, and am having trouble choosing which career path to follow. The applied math and logic of the subjects is the part that interests me the most. I am wondering if there are any exciting jobs that involve both subjects. #career-choice #career-path #physics...

#statistics

Brittney B.’s Avatar
Brittney B. Aug 22, 2016 564 views

What do you do as a statistics person?

I love numbers and looking at different professional athletes statistics throughout the season and their careers. I prefer looking and analyzing the stats of hockey, baseball, and quarterbacks. #recruiting #statistics...

#data-analysis