Career Questions tagged Statistics

Jakob W.’s Avatar
Jakob W. May 16 44 views

How to grow a successful business and how to get a successful wrestling career

At school I am interested in #business and math, while my hobbies include #statistics and #wrestlingcareer. In my future I want to become a #prowrestler and a #business...

Hailin G.’s Avatar
Hailin G. Apr 20 134 views

What can you do with both a statistics(or applied math) degree and an economics degree?

I am interested in statistics, applied math, and economics, but don't know people who had double-majored in these areas. Just wondering what your working experience is like before and after graduation. How is your day like and what is the best part of your job? Much thanks! #math #career...

#technology #economics #statistics

Ethan K.’s Avatar
Ethan K. Nov 14, 2019 57 views
Riley J.’s Avatar
Riley J. May 17, 2018 259 views

Is a math degree good for a career?

I am currently pursuing a degree in math. I know that there are a lot of careers that use math these days like insurance, finance, statistics, and cryptography. Is this the best degree to ensure that I get a job in one of these fields? And, if not what else should I look at? Thank you. #math...

#college-major #insurance #finance #career-options #statistics

Stephen E.’s Avatar
Stephen E. Apr 03, 2018 179 views

What are some professions that would fit my interests in statistics and probability?

I enjoy math and my two favorite subjects are stats and probability so I'd like to know what career paths are open to me....

#statistics

Mariela G.’s Avatar
Mariela G. Feb 06, 2018 529 views

What's the difference between AP Calculus and AP Statistics?

I'm choosing my classes for next year and I don't know which math class to take or which one would prepare me for forensic science . #calculus #statistics #math #stem #csi...

#forensic-science

Brandy J.’s Avatar
Brandy J. Jan 18, 2018 445 views

I would like to know how many African American females hold degrees in Mathematics.

It is often said that minorities are not "good" at mathematics. I am just curious to know how many others have taken the journey I am embarking on successfully. #statistics #women-in-tech #women-in-stem #stem...

#mathematics

Danny L.’s Avatar
Danny L. Dec 27, 2017 602 views

What software do market analysts use?

Hi everyone, I want to invest my winter break into learning a new skill. What softwares do market research analysts use? I know they would use some VBAs and will vary depending on the firm and market they are in, but what would you recommend me to learn over the next three weeks? What online...

#market-research #marketing #analytics #computer-software #e-learning #vba #software #business-analysis #data-analysis #databases #research #statistics

Jill A.’s Avatar
Jill A. Oct 22, 2017 535 views

What should I second major/minor in that will be helpful for a marketing major?

I need to choose 2 minors that will compliment my marketing major. The ones I am leaning towards to is either finance, psychology or statistics. Which one should I choose? My other option is to do a second major but marketing is really the only career I see myself in. #marketing #university...

#marketers #college-minor #major #double-major #college-major #college-majors #psychology #finance #majors-and-minors #statistics

Nazy N.’s Avatar
Nazy N. Oct 27, 2017 500 views

MBA vs IE vs data analyst

I am currently a graduate MSc student in Chemical engineering. I have relatively low interest in Chem. Eng. (living is US). I am thinking about changing fields. My current options are MBA, Industrial engineering and Statistics. I have a wide range of interests, very adaptive, good at math,...

#mba #data-analysis #industrial-engineer #career-path #statistics #career-counseling

Lavanya M.’s Avatar
Lavanya M. May 14, 2016 741 views

What course should I take after my second PUC?

i have completed my 2nd PUC in a commerce group . I am interested in mathematics, and I want to join B.com. What are the groups there in the B.com like marketing, accounting ect., and which is related to mathematics and commerce? #marketing #accountant #banking #statistics #commerce #math...

#mathematics #economics

James W.’s Avatar
James W. May 18, 2016 476 views

What are some good careers for statistics majors with a Bachelors degree?

Statistics is what I will be majoring in at Penn State, and I am wondering what others who have earned Bachelors Degrees in Statistics do once they graduate? #major #statistics #graduates #mathematics #math...

#career

Maia C.’s Avatar
Maia C. May 15, 2016 687 views

How much mathematics consulting work is available?

I'm looking at majoring in Applied Mathematics. I know that there is some consulting that mathematicians do for large businesses or government organizations. How much does consulting contribute to your salary? How often can you get consulting work? #mathematics #consulting #statistics...

#financial-planning #applied-mathematics

Rohith C.’s Avatar
Rohith C. Aug 13, 2016 500 views

Which majors give the highest return ?

I'm a junior in my high school and I have hopes and desires to earn a lot of money when I am older. I would like to know what majors would give a good return before I finalize what I want to pursue. The majors I am interested in include: Finance, Engineering, Computer Science. #money...

#mentoring #salary #financial-planning #college-majors #future #statistics

Abigail Z.’s Avatar
Abigail Z. May 16, 2016 479 views

What job could I get pertaining to statistics when I am only a sophomore in college?

I really want to start gaining experience in my field as soon as possible but I don't know what a good job would be that pertains to statistics that's only part time and doesn't require experience, #college #higher-education #careers...

#statistics

Britney Y.’s Avatar
Britney Y. Apr 25, 2017 437 views

Are there any good cites to help me study for the AP Statistics Exam

I'm taking the AP Statistics exam in a few weeks. I was wondering if anyone knows any good websites that have review material, testing strategies, and practice tests. #ap #statistics...

#ap-exam

Savanna N.’s Avatar
Savanna N. Nov 28, 2016 603 views

What would be a great career for someone interested in statistics (and preferably with technology)?

I am a senior in high school right now and I am unsure if I want to do computer science so I have been looking at statistics (since I took it last year and loved it and love math in general). I have heard about and researched about a career as a statistician but I don't know what other options...

#math #statisticians #statistics

Brianna W.’s Avatar
Brianna W. Oct 20, 2016 1223 views

How much job growth is expected within STEM careers?

I want to go into a career area that will have significant projected job growth within the next few years so that I can be sure to have a place in the career field. #engineering #science #technology #math #stem...

#statistics

Xueting X.’s Avatar
Xueting X. Oct 31, 2016 347 views

Should I go to graduate school or work after I graduate from undergraduate majoring in Statistics

I am planning to major in Statistics in college and I do not know if I should go to graduate school....

#statistics

Xueting X.’s Avatar
Xueting X. Oct 31, 2016 474 views

What can I do after I graduate from undergraduate school majored in Statistics?

I am planning to major in Statistics or Mathematics and Statistics in college but I do not know what I can do after I graduate....

#statistics

Samir F.’s Avatar
Samir F. Oct 31, 2016 357 views

What can you do alongside a stats major?

I'm interested in a statistics major. What majors/minors are recommended alongside my major? #college-major...

#statistics

Samir F.’s Avatar
Samir F. Oct 31, 2016 397 views

How can you use a statistics major in the field of sports?

I have an interest in statistics and baseball. Is there any way to utilize the major in the sport? #statistics...

#baseball

madison J.’s Avatar
madison J. Oct 28, 2016 454 views

what sort of careers can I pursue with a maths degree?

I love math, especially calculus and algebra, but there's not exactly a job where I can just solve equations all day, so what could I do with an advanced mathematics degree besides being a teacher or professor? #mathematics #statistics #applied-mathematics #mathematician #calculus #algebra...

#computational-mathematics

Marisa K.’s Avatar
Marisa K. Oct 25, 2016 874 views

What are jobs that use physics and statistics?

I love both physics and statistics, and am having trouble choosing which career path to follow. The applied math and logic of the subjects is the part that interests me the most. I am wondering if there are any exciting jobs that involve both subjects. #career-choice #career-path #physics...

#statistics

Brittney B.’s Avatar
Brittney B. Aug 22, 2016 533 views

What do you do as a statistics person?

I love numbers and looking at different professional athletes statistics throughout the season and their careers. I prefer looking and analyzing the stats of hockey, baseball, and quarterbacks. #recruiting #statistics...

#data-analysis

Brittney B.’s Avatar
Brittney B. Aug 22, 2016 461 views

If you are interested in going into the sports entertainment field and you are a sports fanatic what career path should you follow?

Ever since I was a little kid I enjoyed watching sports, such as football, hockey, and baseball. I would watch games on tv and end up analyzing the play before the announcer would. #sports #sports-management #recruiting #statistics #data-analysis...

#staffing

Morgan J.’s Avatar
Morgan J. May 26, 2016 771 views

How would one go about pursuing writing while pursuing mathematic/scientific majors?

I love to write, and I want to do much with it (perhaps like Steven Levitt and Stephen Dubner and their freakonomics books), but I'm pursuing degrees in statistics and earth sciences. How might I manage to still forge a semi career out of those fields? Of course, the obvious, do the...

#writing #english #earth-science #statistics