Career Questions tagged Datascience

Genevieve’s Avatar
Genevieve Mar 18 109 views

What's it like being a data scientist?

According to an article on Indeed, data scientists "may work in social media companies and use the user data to understand habits and suggest content that the users will enjoy. They may also work in politics and make predictions about the election results. In general, data scientists use the...

Qinglin’s Avatar
Qinglin Mar 15 101 views

What aspects do data science job interviews typically cover?

I am graduating by the end of this year and have started building my resume and preparing for job interviews. I wonder if there is a "leet code" equivalence in the ds field that I should be working on? What types of questions do a data science job interview typically includes? Thank you in...

Genevieve’s Avatar
Genevieve Mar 06 138 views

Data Science/Scientist Questions

I recently learned about the field of Data Science. I'm seriously considering a career in Data Science because it combines my interests in math, computer science, research, and writing. I'm really interested in learning more about it as a career. My questions are: 1.) What do data scientists...

Ridwan’s Avatar
Ridwan Feb 17 119 views

what do I need to know as a data scientist?

I am an Msc student in data science and artificial intelligence. I had no previous background in programming hence I find it difficult to cope.

g’s Avatar
g Dec 15, 2022 268 views

What is the typical day in the life of an investigative journalist?

I am a sophomore in high school; I want to become an investigative journalist. I am currently interning at a non-profit where I report on topics such as poverty, poverty alleviation and other worldly issues, but I really want to get a feel for "digging" up stories that could possibly make a...

Stella’s Avatar
Stella Oct 14, 2022 219 views

Opportunities for data scientists?

I am a college student majoring in Environmental Science. I'm considering adding a second major of Data Science. However, I am wondering how many opportunities there are for data scientists that are not working for just any large company to help them maximize profits. For example, are there...

Kang’s Avatar
Kang Jun 21, 2022 408 views

What does a day in the life of a data scientist look like?

Looking to potentially become a data scientist in the future.

Jessica’s Avatar
Jessica Apr 02, 2022 246 views

What would I need to do in order to get a Data Science internship in college?

Are there any technical skills I need to be an expert on? Prior experience?

isys’s Avatar
isys Mar 08, 2022 340 views

what is the work culture like in the data science field

#datascience
#career #computer-science

Jessica’s Avatar
Jessica Jan 28, 2022 287 views

How do you deal with impostor syndrome as a Data Scientist?

I heard a lot about those that start working after majoring in data science in college and they feel like they don't being. Some of their coworkers have extensive backgrounds in the field. I was wondering how one would overcome this. #datascience #impostorsyndrome #impostor

Jessica’s Avatar
Jessica Jan 28, 2022 365 views

What is the most frustrating part of a data scientist's job?

#datascience #data

Mohamed’s Avatar
Mohamed Nov 04, 2021 298 views

Which program is better: integrated CSE Data Science at VIT or IT's CBIT +VNR's CSE

#science #question

Aniya’s Avatar
Aniya Aug 10, 2021 340 views

Should I do a dual degree or a double minor?

I'm a freshman in college. At the moment, I am majoring in information systems. I'm thinking of a future career in data science, more specifically as a data scientist. Though, as a freshman, this is subject to change. I was thinking of doing a dual degree in data science. But another option is...

Jimmy’s Avatar
Jimmy Jul 21, 2021 436 views

Is there a place for data science generalists in the job market?

With some introspection these last few months, I found that no one field (e.g, analytics, natural language processing, experimentation, etc) in the data science space really draws me (though all are very interesting in their own way). With that being said, is it frowned upon in the job market...

R’s Avatar
R Jul 07, 2021 529 views

I want to go for data science but I'm not sure about it as a career

#datascience #career #college #undecided #career-path

Rachel’s Avatar
Rachel Apr 26, 2021 377 views

What kinds of connections or experiences will I need in order to launch a career in data science?

I am a high school student planning on going to college to major in marine biology and data science. I am looking for what experience or opportunities I should look out for in order to create a successful career in data science after college. #career-development #career #career-choice...

Emmanuel’s Avatar
Emmanuel Jul 29, 2020 496 views

It's really the data science career a good option in the present?

I am a student in the area of autotronic, and artificial intelligence. #AI #DataScience

#JULY20

Emmanuel’s Avatar
Emmanuel Jul 29, 2020 494 views

Is difficult to get a job in the area of Artificial Intelligence?

#JULY20

Kelly’s Avatar
Kelly Jul 18, 2020 819 views

I am studying Business Management and digital marketing. I need suggestions whether I should take Masters in Cybersecurity or Data Science?

I do not have a very technical background but I have basic knowledge on HTML and Java. So I am confuse which master degree is best for me? which is more challenging and which has better job prospect and higher salary? Thank you and I hope someone can give me advice:) #job #masters #employment...

Margot’s Avatar
Margot Jul 13, 2020 463 views

How do I narrow down focus on a career if I want to work in environmental science but also study how to mitigate its effects on society (environmental justice)?

I am a rising senior in high school and I am trying to figure out where I should apply to college and what career path I should pursue. I know I have time to decide what major, but I feel the need to focus my activities and classes on a more specific topic so my effort can go further in helping...

Renee’s Avatar
Renee Mar 13, 2020 1869 views

What does a career in data science look like?

I've been hearing a lot about machine learning and data science, it seems interesting. What are the job prospects like? How much money do you make? What type of problems do you work on? #datascience #data #technology #career #datta

Aleck’s Avatar
Aleck Sep 27, 2019 481 views

How to gain more data science knowledge quickly

I'm in high school and I've been going on kaggle and doing lots of learning on kaggle learn, coursera, etc. I've learned about models and fitting and datasets and cross validation and all the beginner machine learning stuff. Now I'm onto ensembles and beyond. I need advice to quickly gain a lot...

Vladislav’s Avatar
Vladislav Jun 22, 2019 1607 views

What should I learn to become a Data Scientist?

I've already known Python libraries like pandas, numpy and some linear math. #science #python #datascience

Victor’s Avatar
Victor Apr 22, 2019 430 views

Hello, I'm graduating in administration and would like to migrate to data science area, I must attend a college of computer science?

#datascience #changecareer #computer

Archit’s Avatar
Archit Apr 22, 2019 1880 views

Want to study Cloud Computing, don't know where to start from?

I want to study Cloud Computing and develop it as a career afterwards, but the main obstacle I come across is from where I should start, I've searched on google and quora but most of the answers are related to data science or AWS. It's very confusing as I cannot understand what I want to do in...

Clio’s Avatar
Clio Apr 11, 2019 651 views

How can I get into an operations research career in the construction industry?

I am a college sophomore now majoring in civil engineering, and by the end of this summer I would have completed 4 summer internships: 2 in construction project engineering/general contracting, and 2 in civil engineering research (specifically in environmental engineering/water resources and...

Claire’s Avatar
Claire Apr 11, 2019 904 views

I want to be a Data Scientist

I have Maths and French literature double degree. Learning some Python and can do it just for Pandas. Looking for an entry-level job but hard to figure out where to start because there is very few senior data scientist in the field. Almost every company want data people but they don't even know...

Santosh’s Avatar
Santosh Mar 22, 2019 829 views

Learn data science or not?

Is there sufficient demand for data scientist or it's just a hype? I am in my MBA program final year. I am interested towards data science and analytics field. I have experience with python, R, it's just I find it little difficult to find study material for learning concepts of Machine learning...

Huangyuan’s Avatar
Huangyuan Mar 09, 2019 646 views

How to do Reinforced Learning

#computer-programming #datascience

Dee’s Avatar
Dee Mar 09, 2019 813 views

Looking to be a Data Analyst

How important is knowing Javascript as a Data Analyst or Data Scientist? I am exploring careers and see many courses offering JS. #datascience, #college