Career Questions tagged Datascience

Kang’s Avatar
Kang Jun 21 199 views

What does a day in the life of a data scientist look like?

Looking to potentially become a data scientist in the future.

Jessica’s Avatar
Jessica Apr 02 116 views

What would I need to do in order to get a Data Science internship in college?

Are there any technical skills I need to be an expert on? Prior experience?

isys’s Avatar
isys Mar 08 231 views

what is the work culture like in the data science field

#datascience
#career #computer-science

Jessica’s Avatar
Jessica Jan 28 171 views

How do you deal with impostor syndrome as a Data Scientist?

I heard a lot about those that start working after majoring in data science in college and they feel like they don't being. Some of their coworkers have extensive backgrounds in the field. I was wondering how one would overcome this. #datascience #impostorsyndrome #impostor

Jessica’s Avatar
Jessica Jan 28 220 views

What is the most frustrating part of a data scientist's job?

#datascience #data

Mohamed’s Avatar
Mohamed Nov 04, 2021 204 views

Which program is better: integrated CSE Data Science at VIT or IT's CBIT +VNR's CSE

#science #question

Aniya’s Avatar
Aniya Aug 10, 2021 256 views

Should I do a dual degree or a double minor?

I'm a freshman in college. At the moment, I am majoring in information systems. I'm thinking of a future career in data science, more specifically as a data scientist. Though, as a freshman, this is subject to change. I was thinking of doing a dual degree in data science. But another option is...

Jimmy’s Avatar
Jimmy Jul 21, 2021 342 views

Is there a place for data science generalists in the job market?

With some introspection these last few months, I found that no one field (e.g, analytics, natural language processing, experimentation, etc) in the data science space really draws me (though all are very interesting in their own way). With that being said, is it frowned upon in the job market...

R’s Avatar
R Jul 07, 2021 390 views

I want to go for data science but I'm not sure about it as a career

#datascience #career #college #undecided #career-path

Rachel’s Avatar
Rachel Apr 26, 2021 280 views

What kinds of connections or experiences will I need in order to launch a career in data science?

I am a high school student planning on going to college to major in marine biology and data science. I am looking for what experience or opportunities I should look out for in order to create a successful career in data science after college. #career-development #career #career-choice...

Emmanuel’s Avatar
Emmanuel Jul 29, 2020 415 views

It's really the data science career a good option in the present?

I am a student in the area of autotronic, and artificial intelligence. #AI #DataScience

#JULY20

Emmanuel’s Avatar
Emmanuel Jul 29, 2020 416 views

Is difficult to get a job in the area of Artificial Intelligence?

#JULY20

Kelly’s Avatar
Kelly Jul 18, 2020 727 views

I am studying Business Management and digital marketing. I need suggestions whether I should take Masters in Cybersecurity or Data Science?

I do not have a very technical background but I have basic knowledge on HTML and Java. So I am confuse which master degree is best for me? which is more challenging and which has better job prospect and higher salary? Thank you and I hope someone can give me advice:) #job #masters #employment...

Margot’s Avatar
Margot Jul 13, 2020 400 views

How do I narrow down focus on a career if I want to work in environmental science but also study how to mitigate its effects on society (environmental justice)?

I am a rising senior in high school and I am trying to figure out where I should apply to college and what career path I should pursue. I know I have time to decide what major, but I feel the need to focus my activities and classes on a more specific topic so my effort can go further in helping...

Renee’s Avatar
Renee Mar 13, 2020 1693 views

What does a career in data science look like?

I've been hearing a lot about machine learning and data science, it seems interesting. What are the job prospects like? How much money do you make? What type of problems do you work on? #datascience #data #technology #career #datta

Aleck’s Avatar
Aleck Sep 27, 2019 401 views

How to gain more data science knowledge quickly

I'm in high school and I've been going on kaggle and doing lots of learning on kaggle learn, coursera, etc. I've learned about models and fitting and datasets and cross validation and all the beginner machine learning stuff. Now I'm onto ensembles and beyond. I need advice to quickly gain a lot...

Vladislav’s Avatar
Vladislav Jun 22, 2019 1249 views

What should I learn to become a Data Scientist?

I've already known Python libraries like pandas, numpy and some linear math. #science #python #datascience

Victor’s Avatar
Victor Apr 22, 2019 364 views

Hello, I'm graduating in administration and would like to migrate to data science area, I must attend a college of computer science?

#datascience #changecareer #computer

Archit’s Avatar
Archit Apr 22, 2019 1668 views

Want to study Cloud Computing, don't know where to start from?

I want to study Cloud Computing and develop it as a career afterwards, but the main obstacle I come across is from where I should start, I've searched on google and quora but most of the answers are related to data science or AWS. It's very confusing as I cannot understand what I want to do in...

Clio’s Avatar
Clio Apr 11, 2019 561 views

How can I get into an operations research career in the construction industry?

I am a college sophomore now majoring in civil engineering, and by the end of this summer I would have completed 4 summer internships: 2 in construction project engineering/general contracting, and 2 in civil engineering research (specifically in environmental engineering/water resources and...

Claire’s Avatar
Claire Apr 11, 2019 736 views

I want to be a Data Scientist

I have Maths and French literature double degree. Learning some Python and can do it just for Pandas. Looking for an entry-level job but hard to figure out where to start because there is very few senior data scientist in the field. Almost every company want data people but they don't even know...

Santosh’s Avatar
Santosh Mar 22, 2019 722 views

Learn data science or not?

Is there sufficient demand for data scientist or it's just a hype? I am in my MBA program final year. I am interested towards data science and analytics field. I have experience with python, R, it's just I find it little difficult to find study material for learning concepts of Machine learning...

Huangyuan’s Avatar
Huangyuan Mar 09, 2019 572 views

How to do Reinforced Learning

#computer-programming #datascience

Dee’s Avatar
Dee Mar 09, 2019 636 views

Looking to be a Data Analyst

How important is knowing Javascript as a Data Analyst or Data Scientist? I am exploring careers and see many courses offering JS. #datascience, #college

Elizabeth’s Avatar
Elizabeth Feb 28, 2019 510 views

I just finished a Physics Bachelor at ETH Zürich and I am starting a professional dance program at Steps on Broadway NY. I spent the last 2 months as an intern in a Data Science company. I also studied Architecture for one year and I love painting. I would love to do something useful for our society and feel attracted to the join between Physics and Medicine, as well as Environmental Science and renewable energies. As you see, I am interested in many subjects and struggling with todays super specialised careers. I have a technic profile, but I am a social person and I cannot picture myself as a lonely experimental physicist or a programmer... Any ideas on how to combine all my passions?

UPC Barcelona Architecture (1 year) ETH Zürich Physics Bachelor CERN Semester project Particle Physics Data Science (Machine Learning) Steps on Broadway NY International Independent Study Program #college #art #architecture #technology #physics #datascience #artificialintelligence...

Dang Tuan Hoang’s Avatar
Dang Tuan Hoang Feb 27, 2019 345 views

Some courses on Statistic, Linear Algebra and Calculus for Machine Learning

Where can I find quality course on the three subjects? I need some recommendations on some MOOC which help me start on Machine Learning (Preferably free, since I'm a student). I did learn those subjects in the university, most of the time, we learned about concepts and calculations, not about...

Ayas’s Avatar
Ayas Feb 27, 2019 459 views

As a french student how can I get a data science summer internship in USA ?

I am enrolled in a first year of Master in Business Intelligence in Polytechnic School of Nantes and I am currently looking for an internship abroad . I want to do this internship in a english country and If it could be in USA would be better. Do you have advice please ? thanks #internship...

Rashmi’s Avatar
Rashmi Feb 27, 2019 680 views

How do I change my career from Software Engineer to Data Scientist?

#software #engineer #technology #computer-software #engineering #dataScience #machineLearning #it #ai

chong’s Avatar
chong Nov 28, 2018 513 views

what should I learn to be a data scientist?

I want to be a data scientist, what online courses should I take ? #datascience

Nikita’s Avatar
Nikita Aug 08, 2018 602 views

How do I become a part of the space industry?

Hi. I am a computer engineer from India. I have always wanted to make a career in astronomy/space. I am aware there are basically two paths: The phd path through which I become an astronomer but working in academia doesn't attract me so much, I am also aware that there aren't many positions...