Career Questions tagged Coding

Hakim B.’s Avatar
Hakim B. Feb 26 143 views
Mattia Alessandro C.’s Avatar
Mattia Alessandro C. Feb 06 128 views

How high should my C/C++ skills to be add into a resume

I'm learning how to code in C and C++ in high school, we are doing arrays, funcionts and so on. But we haven't done any object programming. Is ti a valuable skill that i can include in my Resume ? #high-school #coding...

#programming

Shane R.’s Avatar
Shane R. Jan 22 140 views

What companies are the best to work for in computer engineering

I am interested in this topic because I wanna become a computer software engineer I am in grade 11 I know how to code in python and javascript a little bit....

#coding

karunya S.’s Avatar
karunya S. Jan 05 116 views
Abby L.’s Avatar
Abby L. Dec 01, 2020 238 views

What are some other career options for physics majors besides high school physics teacher?

I'm planning to take more lab courses involving optics, lasers, and coding simulations, but I learned that I definitely don't want to pursue a career in software. I love doing research and am applying to summer internships at national labs. Any other suggestions would be appreciated! #careers...

#physicist #research #aerospace #engineering #jobs #physics #optics #coding

Iris G.’s Avatar
Iris G. Nov 23, 2020 112 views

Is GPA important when getting into the coding field?

#givingiscaring #coding #girlswhocode #career #gpa #united-states #jobsearching I'm just starting out college and I know a lot of people tell me that the field you get into doesn't matter for undergrads, does this also apply to seeking jobs in coding through boot camps? And is there any...

Nancy O.’s Avatar
Nancy O. Sep 17, 2020 397 views

Why programming with python 3 so hard?

I'm finally taking a scripting class, and I realize programming is not for me. it's funny how I was passionate to learn about it, now I realize that it is really hard. I really want to understand it, but using the required website for my class called "ZyBooks", It's not helping me...

#technology #it #programming #python3 #python #general #scripting #coding #school #informationtechnology #major #professor #classes #career #college

Connor K.’s Avatar
Connor K. Aug 28, 2020 472 views

What are some classes to take for becoming a software engineer?

I've taken all the classes my highschool offers for software engineering and want to know what other classes I can take in college to become a software engineer. #software...

#coding

C L.’s Avatar
C L. Jul 29, 2020 612 views

How Do You Keep Yourself Motivated? (Insights from all industries are welcome! )

Hello everyone! Tech industry is ever changing, new tools/frameworks keep popping up. For example, using React hooks in the React App has been gaining popularity since its release. Another example is the new features of JavaScript (ES6/7/8/9 /10......) Questions: 1. Given the...

#personaldevelopment #lifelonglearner #technology #programming #education #selflearning #motivated #learning #coding #reactdeveloper #career #webdevelopment #psychology

C L.’s Avatar
C L. Jul 22, 2020 295 views

What's the one thing you would do differently if you could travel back in time to where you started your career / coding journey?

As a self-taught web developer, at some point during my coding journey, I got distracted and switched to a different language just out of curiosity. (switch from JavaScript to Python). Three months later, I realized that Python or Data science isn't really my thing. (I definitely see the...

#focus #python #careerchoices #coding #learning #timetravel #career #webdevelopment #business #professional #technology #programming #education #careerguidance #javascript #careeradvice

Kelly W.’s Avatar
Kelly W. Jul 18, 2020 335 views

I am studying Business Management and digital marketing. I need suggestions whether I should take Masters in Cybersecurity or Data Science?

I do not have a very technical background but I have basic knowledge on HTML and Java. So I am confuse which master degree is best for me? which is more challenging and which has better job prospect and higher salary? Thank you and I hope someone can give me advice:) #job #masters #employment...

#technology #data #datascience #salary #cybersecurity #coding #school #dataanalyst

C L.’s Avatar
C L. Jul 18, 2020 425 views

How do you overcome imposter syndrome?

As a self-taught web developer, I often wonder whether I am competent enough to apply for web developer jobs that typically require a degree in Computer Science & require 2+ years (or more) of relevant work experiences for junior web developer position. The requirement section in the job...

#technology #interview-prep #july20 #impostersyndrome #coding #softskills #careeradvice #humanresource #career #webdevelopment #technicalskills #hr #jobpost

C L.’s Avatar
C L. Jul 18, 2020 273 views

How to prep for (technical) interviews for Web Developer position?

Hello everyone! I'm a self-taught front-end web developer with background in Psychology. - How do you usually prepare for your interviews ? - What kinds of questions do they typical ask? - When you are given a problem you can't solve on the spot, what do you do to leave a good...

#interviewing-skills #technology #july20 #interview-preparation #careertips #coding #career #interview

Effie M.’s Avatar
Effie M. Jun 12, 2020 709 views

How should someone with no programming or coding background and knowledge start programming and coding?

Are there certain websites for learning? What subjects should I start with? Which languages are the most beginner friendly? #programming #coding #technology...

#computer-science

Nichelle E.’s Avatar
Nichelle E. May 12, 2020 215 views

What are the pros and cons of working in Medical Billing and Coding?

Hello, I am someone who is looking for a job where sitting down is ideal and less stressful than most jobs. I've heard that this type of job is ideal, but I would love to hear more hands-on experience in this line of work. #job #medical #billing #coding #office #stress #experience...

#advice

Nancy O.’s Avatar
Nancy O. May 12, 2020 775 views
Brenden S.’s Avatar
Brenden S. Sep 16, 2019 243 views

I would like to know if coding could be done at home (basically, a stay at home job)

I am Brenden. I am in 8th grade & I am very intrigued by coding whatever the circumstance whether it's for a website or a smart program. #coding...

#software

Hector C.’s Avatar
Hector C. Aug 28, 2019 217 views

Which language should i start with in learning code?

Just starting to learn code going to college for computer programming #computer-programming...

#coding

Jason H.’s Avatar
Jason H. Mar 17, 2019 379 views
Camilo Z.’s Avatar
Camilo Z. Mar 08, 2019 261 views

What is one way that coding has benefited your life?

For example, some people claim to be better problem solvers after learning how to code. In what way has coding benefited you? #technology #coding #programming...

#computer

Manoj N.’s Avatar
Manoj N. Mar 07, 2019 267 views

Is it easy to learn R language and python

I need to learn R language and python #tech #coding #programming...

#programmer

Anna B.’s Avatar
Anna B. Mar 05, 2019 246 views

To take on coding as a career, can you self teach?

I have a cousin who has been able to afford traveling all over the world while working to code and program computers, but he never earned a college degree. Is it possible to be hired without a degree today or is it still very important? #tech #programming #coding...

#computer

Ty D.’s Avatar
Ty D. Mar 05, 2019 395 views

How does one program code for artificial intelligence, and how long does that take?

I have always wondered how long it takes for a coder to program A.I's like Siri. #technology #tech #programming #ai...

#coding