Career Questions tagged Web Development

lize T.’s Avatar
lize T. Nov 16, 2021 165 views

1. What is a day in the life of a software developer of websites and/or application like exactly? 2. What kind of benefits does your job give you? 3. What are three thing that I should know about getting into this career? 4. Do you have any side hobbies that you fund with your career?

I'm looking into becoming a software developer for applications and would love to know more about what this job entails from someone who actually does this every day and may or may not like it. I'm open to all opinions and suggestions! Thank you, in advance, for your time in answering my...

career technology software web-development software-development

Jamie J.’s Avatar
Jamie J. Sep 19, 2021 245 views

How necessary is it to get a college degree for web development or UI/UX design?

I am a current high school senior considering whether or not I want to dedicate four year’s time and go into debt for a bachelor’s degree in computer science with a minor in design. I am hoping to get online certificates and take online courses instead as I’ve heard the computer science/design...

uxdesign technology design user-experience computer computer-science graphic-design web-development uidesign

Joana R.’s Avatar
Joana R. Feb 15, 2021 756 views

How can I get a job as a data entry clerk?

I don't know what classes to take to work on my skills to get a job as a data entry clerk or administrative assistant. Any suggesstions? web-development in-business...

Aun M.’s Avatar
Aun M. Mar 14, 2020 497 views

How long Does it Take To Learn Web Development to Create a Website from Scratch?

Due to the march break and the covid-19 outbreak, I have a lot of time on my hands, of which I want to utilize cultivating a new skill. I am planning on investing most of my time learning web development. The reason why I asked this question is that I hope to gain a co-op position in a few...

career programming technology covid-19 computer-science internship web-development

Aun M.’s Avatar
Aun M. Mar 17, 2020 608 views

Which Web Developer role or Stack is higher in demand, Front-End, Back-End or Full-Stack? Why?

This question intrigues me since I've believed that back-end has always had a higher barrier to entry to the mathematics behind it, and front-end being for those who have a knack for design, making front-end usually more popular, however, with varying responses on the internet I'm slightly...

career computer technology computer-science web-development

kiuyf D.’s Avatar
kiuyf D. Aug 20, 2019 334 views

Why does youtube think it needs more developers when it will die in the next 10 years?

like does youtube really think he can win and influence friends using this method, by the way they are losing customer when they do that because it should be simple but not at the same time youtube computer-science developers streaming communications business...

web-development

Anina H.’s Avatar
Anina H. Aug 02, 2019 660 views

I spent most of my software engineering internship not programming. Will that hurt me in interviews for full-time roles?

I'm a CS major in college and I am about to finish up an internship in backend software engineering at a division of a very large tech company. Most of my time was spent reading code, reading documentation, learning to use internal tools, writing configs, writing test cases, minor bug fixes,...

programming backend-development software-engineering python web-development software-development

Anina H.’s Avatar
Anina H. Aug 02, 2019 733 views

What types of software engineering roles will allow me to spend the most time actually writing code?

Hi everyone. I'm a CS major in college, about to become a senior, and will be looking for a full-time role soon. I feel like I'm on track, and am considering what type of software engineering role I'd like to pursue. One thing that I've learned from my summer internship is how much of software...

Anina H.’s Avatar
Anina H. Aug 02, 2019 347 views

How much of the time is a backend software engineer actually writing code?

I'm a CS major in college and I am about to finish up a 12-week internship in backend software engineering at a division of a very large tech company. I'm a little surprised at what % of my internship was actually spent writing code: just about 3 of the 12 weeks. The other 9 weeks were mostly...

Andrea J.’s Avatar
Andrea J. Apr 18, 2018 459 views

How do you start your own web development business?

I'm sometimes wondering if things would be better if I start my own web development business. What would I need to do in order to get one started. web-development...

small-business

Andrea J.’s Avatar
Andrea J. Apr 18, 2018 558 views

small-business

Eva K.’s Avatar
Eva K. Jan 13, 2018 388 views

What are some web design summer plans?

I’m a freshman in high school and I was wondering what kind of web design summer plans exist, like camps, internships, and others. web-design web-development summer-internship...

summer-courses

Armando T.’s Avatar
Armando T. Dec 20, 2017 679 views

What are some jobs relevant to cyber security that I can acquire while attending graduate school ?

I'm in my first year of my cybersecurity graduate program and I want to obtain a part-time job working in roles related to cybersecurity. I'm wondering what kinds of positions I should be looking for that will allow me to obtain relevant experience. I would like something that will better...

cyber-security law information-technology cyber web-development law-enforcement

ian B.’s Avatar
ian B. Oct 12, 2017 973 views

What programming languages must you know for IT management or software engineer?

I know a couple languages, mostly high level but I was wondering If I have to learn C or C++ or ABC . I know python, bootstrap, html, css, java script, learning ruby and rails, and I am learning php and sql. software-engineering technology web-development computer-software software...

coding java css it-management html javascript

kayla S.’s Avatar
kayla S. Oct 19, 2016 583 views

How to land an internship ?

Could you list some advice or skills that would be beneficial for a student to acquire in order to get an internship ? computer-science business engineering web-design web-development web personal-development...

job-application

Pam M.’s Avatar
Pam M. Jan 26, 2017 991 views

How should you create a resume for a creative job?

I am a design student looking to find a job in the field. How should I go about creating my resume to target creative jobs (graphic design, web design, etc.). What are some key aspects I should focus on that aren't included a the conventional resume? design human-resources resume...

web-design job-application graphic-designer creative graphic-design web-development

Lliana H.’s Avatar
Lliana H. Apr 13, 2017 2349 views

Can you become a web developer with an Information Science major?

I'm interested in getting an IS major but I'm not sure about the jobs you can get out of it (most searches end up as Information Technology or Information Systems). tech information-technology web-development information-systems information-science...

information-services

Rohit D.’s Avatar
Rohit D. Mar 26, 2017 1036 views

What do computer- science engineers' actually do in MNCs'?

I am going to college this year in India ... I am going to take engineering (mostly computer science) as my major ... I currently don't have any exposure to what engineering is and what do they actually do in MNCs' computer-science engineering coding web-development...

amazon machine-learning artificial-intelligence mnc-company

preethi M.’s Avatar
preethi M. Mar 14, 2017 1717 views
Leonardo H.’s Avatar
Leonardo H. Feb 23, 2017 758 views

How do i become a Web designer?

I am a junior in High School, still deciding what i want to pursuit in a career. I really like surfing on the internet and explore the different features on Social media. I spent a lot of time online and on my phone. I recently use wix to create a Website for an after school program and i...

mobile-applications social-media web-design web-applications web-content web-analytics mobile-app web-development

Paul V.’s Avatar
Paul V. Dec 10, 2016 556 views

What exactly is MEAN Stack?

I only know that MEAN Stack is used to develop web applications through front-end and back-end. What is MongoDB, ExpressJS, AngularJS, and NodeJS? computer-programming web-development...

web-applications

Ryan J.’s Avatar
Ryan J. Nov 01, 2016 661 views

As a computer scientist/programmer, is there anything you would change about the environment of your job?

Do you find the place you work at stressful or comforting? Any windows? Lots of room or are you in a cubicle? I would like to have an understanding of how the working atmosphere will likely be within the computer science field. computer-science computer-software computer...

software-development program-development development computer-programming web-development