Career Questions tagged Web Development

Shaina T.’s Avatar
Shaina T. Apr 18 273 views

I just got an offer! How do I tailor my resume?

I just got an offer from a recruiter yesterday. She asked me to send my resume to her email since I want to have an internship to explore the different industries. The recruiter offered me free training in web development. Although, my resume has no experience related to the "web development"...

salvador M.’s Avatar
salvador M. Jan 04 147 views

what kind of experience can you attain while working as a web administrator?

#technology #web-development

lize T.’s Avatar
lize T. Nov 16, 2021 333 views

1. What is a day in the life of a software developer of websites and/or application like exactly? 2. What kind of benefits does your job give you? 3. What are three thing that I should know about getting into this career? 4. Do you have any side hobbies that you fund with your career?

I'm looking into becoming a software developer for applications and would love to know more about what this job entails from someone who actually does this every day and may or may not like it. I'm open to all opinions and suggestions! Thank you, in advance, for your time in answering my...

Jamie J.’s Avatar
Jamie J. Sep 19, 2021 422 views

How necessary is it to get a college degree for web development or UI/UX design?

I am a current high school senior considering whether or not I want to dedicate four year’s time and go into debt for a bachelor’s degree in computer science with a minor in design. I am hoping to get online certificates and take online courses instead as I’ve heard the computer science/design...

yuyan H.’s Avatar
yuyan H. Sep 14, 2021 2421 views

What is the differences between web developer and web designer?

#web-development

Joana R.’s Avatar
Joana R. Feb 15, 2021 1076 views

How can I get a job as a data entry clerk?

I don't know what classes to take to work on my skills to get a job as a data entry clerk or administrative assistant. Any suggesstions? #web-development #in-business #web-development

Paridhi L.’s Avatar
Paridhi L. Jul 24, 2020 568 views

What are the differences between Wix, Go Daddy, and WordPress website builders? Pros & cons?

#technology #website-development #entry-level #Wix #go-daddy #wordpress #web-design #website-design #web-development #website #organization #nonprofit #front-end

Paridhi L.’s Avatar
Paridhi L. Jul 20, 2020 386 views

What are the differences in using platforms like Wix or Go Daddy website builders versus coding a website in terms of what we see in the end product as the website? Which is the better option and what are the advantages/disadvantages of one method over the other?

#website # #media-production #website-development #website-design #web-development #web-design #organization #non-profit #Wix #Go-Daddy #website-buidler #coding #programming #code #algorithms #business #professionalism #front-end #back-end #appeal #marketing

Aun M.’s Avatar
Aun M. Mar 17, 2020 700 views

Which Web Developer role or Stack is higher in demand, Front-End, Back-End or Full-Stack? Why?

This question intrigues me since I've believed that back-end has always had a higher barrier to entry to the mathematics behind it, and front-end being for those who have a knack for design, making front-end usually more popular, however, with varying responses on the internet I'm slightly...

Aun M.’s Avatar
Aun M. Mar 14, 2020 587 views

How long Does it Take To Learn Web Development to Create a Website from Scratch?

Due to the march break and the covid-19 outbreak, I have a lot of time on my hands, of which I want to utilize cultivating a new skill. I am planning on investing most of my time learning web development. The reason why I asked this question is that I hope to gain a co-op position in a few...

Dayalis P.’s Avatar
Dayalis P. Nov 08, 2019 435 views

What is web accessibility?

#technology #networking #web-development

kiuyf D.’s Avatar
kiuyf D. Aug 20, 2019 407 views

Why does youtube think it needs more developers when it will die in the next 10 years?

like does youtube really think he can win and influence friends using this method, by the way they are losing customer when they do that because it should be simple but not at the same time
#youtube #computer-science #developers #streaming #communications #business #web-development

Anina H.’s Avatar
Anina H. Aug 02, 2019 898 views

I spent most of my software engineering internship not programming. Will that hurt me in interviews for full-time roles?

I'm a CS major in college and I am about to finish up an internship in backend software engineering at a division of a very large tech company. Most of my time was spent reading code, reading documentation, learning to use internal tools, writing configs, writing test cases, minor bug fixes,...

Anina H.’s Avatar
Anina H. Aug 02, 2019 969 views

What types of software engineering roles will allow me to spend the most time actually writing code?

Hi everyone. I'm a CS major in college, about to become a senior, and will be looking for a full-time role soon. I feel like I'm on track, and am considering what type of software engineering role I'd like to pursue. One thing that I've learned from my summer internship is how much of software...

Anina H.’s Avatar
Anina H. Aug 02, 2019 447 views

How much of the time is a backend software engineer actually writing code?

I'm a CS major in college and I am about to finish up a 12-week internship in backend software engineering at a division of a very large tech company. I'm a little surprised at what % of my internship was actually spent writing code: just about 3 of the 12 weeks. The other 9 weeks were mostly...

Andrea J.’s Avatar
Andrea J. Apr 18, 2018 526 views

How do you start your own web development business?

I'm sometimes wondering if things would be better if I start my own web development business. What would I need to do in order to get one started. #web-development #small-business

Andrea J.’s Avatar
Andrea J. Apr 18, 2018 638 views

Eva K.’s Avatar
Eva K. Jan 13, 2018 607 views

What is a typical website designer’s daily life like?

#web-design #web-development #information-technology

Eva K.’s Avatar
Eva K. Jan 13, 2018 468 views

What are some web design summer plans?

I’m a freshman in high school and I was wondering what kind of web design summer plans exist, like camps, internships, and others.
#web-design #web-development #summer-internship #summer-courses

Armando T.’s Avatar
Armando T. Dec 20, 2017 789 views

What are some jobs relevant to cyber security that I can acquire while attending graduate school ?

I'm in my first year of my cybersecurity graduate program and I want to obtain a part-time job working in roles related to cybersecurity. I'm wondering what kinds of positions I should be looking for that will allow me to obtain relevant experience. I would like something that will better...

ian B.’s Avatar
ian B. Oct 12, 2017 1080 views

What programming languages must you know for IT management or software engineer?

I know a couple languages, mostly high level but I was wondering If I have to learn C or C++ or ABC . I know python, bootstrap, html, css, java script, learning ruby and rails, and I am learning php and sql. #software-engineering #technology #web-development #computer-software #software...

Lliana H.’s Avatar
Lliana H. Apr 13, 2017 2709 views

Can you become a web developer with an Information Science major?

I'm interested in getting an IS major but I'm not sure about the jobs you can get out of it (most searches end up as Information Technology or Information Systems). #tech #information-technology #web-development #information-systems #information-science #information-services

Rohit D.’s Avatar
Rohit D. Mar 26, 2017 1114 views

What do computer- science engineers' actually do in MNCs'?

I am going to college this year in India ... I am going to take engineering (mostly computer science) as my major ... I currently don't have any exposure to what engineering is and what do they actually do in MNCs' #computer-science #engineering #coding #web-development...

preethi M.’s Avatar
preethi M. Mar 20, 2017 885 views

what are the career options for a computer science graduate?

what are the available career options for a computer science graduate #computer-software #career-counseling #career-choice #career-paths #software-engineering #software-development #career-development #web-development

preethi M.’s Avatar
preethi M. Mar 14, 2017 2316 views

what are the skills required to become a junior front end web developer?

I'm a computer science student looking to start a career as a front end web developer #software #software-engineering #software-development #web-development #website-creation #frontend-developer #front-end-development

Leonardo H.’s Avatar
Leonardo H. Feb 23, 2017 829 views

How do i become a Web designer?

I am a junior in High School, still deciding what i want to pursuit in a career. I really like surfing on the internet and explore the different features on Social media. I spent a lot of time online and on my phone. I recently use wix to create a Website for an after school program and i...

Pam M.’s Avatar
Pam M. Jan 26, 2017 1071 views

How should you create a resume for a creative job?

I am a design student looking to find a job in the field. How should I go about creating my resume to target creative jobs (graphic design, web design, etc.). What are some key aspects I should focus on that aren't included a the conventional resume? #design #human-resources #resume...

Paul V.’s Avatar
Paul V. Dec 10, 2016 603 views

What exactly is MEAN Stack?

I only know that MEAN Stack is used to develop web applications through front-end and back-end. What is MongoDB, ExpressJS, AngularJS, and NodeJS? #computer-programming #web-development #web-applications

Ryan J.’s Avatar
Ryan J. Nov 01, 2016 717 views

As a computer scientist/programmer, is there anything you would change about the environment of your job?

Do you find the place you work at stressful or comforting? Any windows? Lots of room or are you in a cubicle? I would like to have an understanding of how the working atmosphere will likely be within the computer science field. #computer-science #computer-software #computer...

Warren F.’s Avatar
Warren F. Oct 31, 2016 850 views

Is it better to pursue a web development job working for a company or a job as a freelance web developer?

I am trying to weigh the pros and cons of working a for a company or being a freelancer. #web-development