Career Questions tagged Music Production

Bryan G.’s Avatar
Bryan G. Sep 16 22 views

is it fun to play hard songs

I really like music it is one of my favorite hobbies and it would be really educational to learn hard songs#MusicArtist #music-production #singer #music-industry...

Christian S.’s Avatar
Christian S. May 04 235 views

Should I Quit Band?

So, there's a lot of problems. My band only has about 20 people. 1 out of our four middle schools are sending up new freshmen to our band. I've also started losing interest in band. Most kids in band are either new/inexperienced, or they just don't practice, and don’t care. Most kids are just...

#art #music-education #school #education #college #scholarship #music-production #music #musician #teaching #teacher

Paulanthony F.’s Avatar
Paulanthony F. Dec 14, 2018 160 views

Can music be a good career path for me?

I've been interested in music in one way or another as long as I can remember. I love listening to hip-hop, jazz, rnb, etc. as well as I love playing it. My dad is the one who introduced music to me early in life. He would always play the bass and drums. I have my share in a few instruments...

#music-production #music #singer #musician #music-industry

Samuel G.’s Avatar
Samuel G. Oct 19, 2018 121 views

Is Having a Degree in Music Composition extremely important for Game Design?

Unfortunately, my college does not currently have a degree program for Music Composition and Production (to my knowledge) for accompanying a game design major; however, with so many online resources and possibilities for learning music, I would like to know how important it is. Also, if there...

#gamedesign #singer #music-production #music #composer #indiecomposer #musician #music-industry

Mrigakshi S.’s Avatar
Mrigakshi S. Sep 20, 2018 119 views

What should I possess if I'm interested in entertainment and music industry?

Hello! I'm Mrigakshi from India. I am a science student of 12th grade. Before choosing I was interested in medical science but when I realized that I am not made for medical science I want to work in an entertainment and music industry. Even though before choosing my stream I was into medical...

#music-production #music

Kimberly H.’s Avatar
Kimberly H. May 31, 2018 210 views

What Majors are music-related?

I'm considering majoring in music but it might depend on what's offered in a college/university. I just want to know all my options. #music #music-production...

#musician

Olivia K.’s Avatar
Olivia K. Apr 24, 2018 229 views

Why do people that want to go to college have to pay expensive tuition?

I want to attend a college that I know will further my education and help my career out tremendously but I cannot afford the tuition and I just don't understand why I have to stress out and have to come up with the money because I WANT BETTER FOR MYSELF! #tuition #privateschool...

#music-production #college

Aalijah J.’s Avatar
Aalijah J. Apr 27, 2018 325 views

What courses should I take?

I am going to college two years early and I now know what I want to major in. I want to major in Mechanical Engineering and minor or double major in Music. But, I don’t know which courses I should take to meet my high school graduation requirement and follow the career pathway of each major....

#mechanical-engineering #music-production #music #engineering #course-selection #college

Kelly F.’s Avatar
Kelly F. Jan 16, 2018 152 views

How can I be successful in Commercial Music?

I am going to major in Commercial Music #music #performing-arts...

#music-production

Jastyn R.’s Avatar
Jastyn R. Apr 17, 2018 178 views

How do I get a head start on my music career while still in school?

I'm going to be attending college in the fall to pursue my major in music technology, but I really don't want to wait until I've gotten my degree to make moves in the music industry. What steps/initiatives can I take to give myself a head start in my career while actively working on my degree?...

#music-industry #music-production #music-producer

caleb A.’s Avatar
caleb A. Jan 11, 2018 188 views

What is the best way to get your music to the public and start signing with music studios, rappers, vocalists,ect

hello, i am Caleb and i love to produce music, whether it is by my self at my computer making music or hanging out with friends being in the so called "Stu"(my room) making beats, but i am having trouble getting my name out there and finding people to collaborate with. Thank you caleb...

#music-business #music-production #music #singing

Thomas W.’s Avatar
Thomas W. Jan 10, 2018 167 views

How could a producer get his/her track out there and bought by a record label/singer/rapper

I am currently a freshman in high school and I have had an interest in music for a while and I will consider a music producer as a future career. #music-production #music #music-production #music-business...

#business

emiliano E.’s Avatar
emiliano E. Jan 10, 2018 207 views

Is music production something I should go to college for?

l'm a freshman in high school and I have a passion for cooking some fire beats and I want to get better. Some of my role models are metro boomin, whoever made the beat for Tay-K's "the race". I would appreciate some advice very much and look forward to having a conversation. #musicproduction...

#recording-studio #music-production #music #sound-engineer

Aerie W.’s Avatar
Aerie W. Jan 10, 2018 178 views

What steps do I need to take in order to become a music producer?

I’m in 9th grade and I play music a lot. I was thinking that being a music producer would be a good job to have in this field. What are the steps I should take in order to become a music producer? #music-producer #studying-music #music...

#music-production

Audrey G.’s Avatar
Audrey G. Jan 09, 2018 208 views

What is a day in the life of a music producer like?

I want to learn more about a #music-producer or #record-producer because I want to go into the music industry. What do you do every day and how do you find #musicians to manage? #music #music-production...

#recording-studio

Jacklyn H.’s Avatar
Jacklyn H. Apr 11, 2018 174 views

Any business advice for a young entrepreneur who wants to open their own record label?

I want to start up my own record label and be successful in the music industry, how would I go about such an idea? #music-production #music-business #anything-related-to-music-business...

#record-labels

Kobe C.’s Avatar
Kobe C. Apr 11, 2018 159 views

What are the best schools in Florida for music production?

I am 15 and am interested in music production and learning about music theory, if anybody knows the best schools to help me, please let me know. #music #music-production ##musictheory...

#career

Juan Carlos M.’s Avatar
Juan Carlos M. Jan 23, 2018 202 views

How do i begin a musical career?

I want to learn how to make music my profession or even where to start. #music #music-production #music-industry #music-recording #music-education...

#music-composition

Andrew S.’s Avatar
Andrew S. Jan 10, 2018 200 views

What plugins are good for mastering tracks?

I get a little stuck when trying to master my tracks with just eq and limiting. So I'm wondering if there are any plugins that would help with mastering my tracks. #sound-design #audio-production...

#music-production

Millenia F.’s Avatar
Millenia F. Jan 10, 2018 170 views

How do music producers get their name out there and work with well known artist?

I am a songwriter and would like to branch into music producing so I can experience other aspects of working with different artists. As a songwriter its been a little difficult to have a wide range of artists to work with and I would like to know how producers do that. #music-production...

#producing #songwriting

Amy M.’s Avatar
Amy M. Nov 06, 2017 246 views

Am I able to become a k-pop idol if even if I have no genetic Korean background?

I can't sing, but I am very good at rapping about random things. My mom says I rap too much in the grocery section of the supermarket, she just doesn't understand being a k-pop idol is my destiny. I'm Mexican but I can make m-pop happen. #k-pop #kpop #m-pop #mpop #music-production...

Ramon A.’s Avatar
Ramon A. Oct 24, 2017 287 views

What would you say would be the required amount of years in college for the music industry?

Hello, my name is Ramon; and I am currently a 17 year old high school senior and I am currently wondering if I may be able to receive a few answers to a few questions that I would like to receive answers to. Apologies for the intrusion of asking these questions if they may seem redundant. I...

#audio #audio-engineering #school #college #music-production #music #music-recording #music-industry #digital-audio

Gus H.’s Avatar
Gus H. Oct 12, 2017 388 views

How can I play many different styles of music?

I am a musician that is into many different styles of music and I play a few different instruments as well, so I wanted to see if anyone had any advice on the paths I could take. Sorry for the lack of specificity. #music #music-production #music-industry #music-producer...

#instrumentation

Lucie L.’s Avatar
Lucie L. Oct 12, 2017 258 views

How does an academic major in college affect job opportunities in the music field?

Hi, I'm a senior in High School. I would like to pursue music as a career, but it is hard for me to find a major that has what I am looking for or one that I can afford/qualify for. My alternative is to apply to either the same college as my preferred program or a cheaper college as an...

#college-advice #college-major #music-education #majors #college #academic #student-debt #music-production #music #music-industry

Lucie L.’s Avatar
Lucie L. Oct 12, 2017 434 views

How do I prepare for a more general music career?

Hi, I'm a senior in high school who wants to pursue music as a career. But most of the majors and programs I find are very specific and would not allow me to explore all the facets of music that would help me find my niche and strengths/weaknesses. How should I approach the college process so...

#music-production #music #music-education #music-industry #contemporary #composition

Becca C.’s Avatar
Becca C. May 16, 2016 474 views

What kind of jobs can I get with a Music Therapy degree?

I plan on majoring in music therapy in college, and I'm not sure where do look for jobs once I graduate. #college #jobs #music #therapy #career #performing-arts #career-counseling...

#music-production