Career Questions tagged Film

Careers within the film industry aren't just limited to an actor. Behind the scenes, successful careers include writer, director, editor, and many more involved in a film crew. For more...

Innana R.’s Avatar
Innana R. Jun 05 143 views

is it worth it to go into film?

I love doing work with directors, shooting, editing, etc, and I would love to make it my lives work but I don't know if that is worth it. should i focus on a marketing or business aspect of the industry? i have no financial backup so whatever i do will have to sustain me. #business #marketing...

#film #art

Innana R.’s Avatar
Innana R. Jun 05 82 views

what does life as a professional camerman look like?

im interested in going into film but I don't even know what the job itself entails! i love filming, editing, working with directors etc, but is that what it would look like on a day to day basis #art #film #cinematography...

#mediastudies

Alliyah J.’s Avatar
Alliyah J. May 30 97 views

How do I make the best impression on an interview for a film internship?

I really want to get hands on experience in the film industry, so I want to know what they are really looking for and how to stand out. #film...

#internship

Alliyah J.’s Avatar
Alliyah J. May 30 116 views

Since the acting and film world is so competitive, how do I succeed in getting my name out there and where do I start?

I am an incoming sophomore at Georgia State University. So many people attend this school, so I don't know where to start making connections in order to get into the acting and film industry. #actress #acting #film #film-acting #college #cinematography #creativity #inspiration #hope...

#love

Tyler D.’s Avatar
Tyler D. Mar 08 160 views

How do I choose between two careers?

I'm a community college student, who will be transferring soon. I have wanted to make movies ever since I was a small child. It's the only thing I have ever been good at. I make short films in my free time with my friends, I go to the movies twice a week. I analyze the box office, and the...

#director #cinema #college #law-school #law #producer #movie #film #lawyer

Natalie G.’s Avatar
Natalie G. Dec 17, 2019 124 views

Are there skills or personality traits that lend a person to picking a role to pursue?

I am wanting to go into Film and having a hard time deciding which to focus on (Pre-Production/ Production/ Post Production)....

#film

jacob P.’s Avatar
jacob P. Oct 21, 2019 99 views

what carrer is right for me

I hope to do somthing in film studdies...

#film

Afunso M.’s Avatar
Afunso M. Oct 09, 2019 87 views

What are that things I need to acquire as a cinematographer to achieve my goals

I’m a cinematographer and film maker here and I also a graduate...

#film

Colby C.’s Avatar
Colby C. Oct 08, 2019 130 views

What programs and training should I use for video editing?

I've been trying to get into making videos for the internet, especially for creating content for YouTube. I was wondering what would be the best programs for doing so, and how extensive the training will need to be to master the programs. #film #technology #video...

#computer-science

Noah K.’s Avatar
Noah K. Sep 26, 2019 75 views

What type of film makers are more reliable to make an income?

I want to make documentaries but i feel like that isn't a reliable way to find work. #film #art #education...

#television

Noah K.’s Avatar
Noah K. Sep 23, 2019 92 views

What is a typical workday like for a Film Production

I'm in Audio/Video Production for my High school and wanted to know if i keep following this path would it be a struggle finding work. #film #television #education...

Lauren L.’s Avatar
Lauren L. Sep 04, 2019 93 views

Is film production worth it?

I am interested in film but have been discouraged hearing that the success rate is low and the overall process takes a lot of time and waiting. Is it still worth it to go into that field? #film #college...

#help

Nora G.’s Avatar
Nora G. Aug 19, 2019 108 views

Do I really have to move to LA to become a director/screenwriter?

I'm trying to plan ahead on what I want to do and I'm wondering if I should go to film school in LA so that I'm already there and developing connections. Any advice? #college #film #director...

#screenwriter

Samad C.’s Avatar
Samad C. Jul 28, 2019 96 views
Damonte B.’s Avatar
Damonte B. Dec 02, 2018 175 views

what type of responsibilities does someone in film editing hold?

How hard are these responsiblities? Do any of these responsibilities hold more importance then another? #film #movies #editing #film-editing #performing-arts # #television...

#production

Josue M.’s Avatar
Josue M. Apr 24, 2019 103 views

what is something i should be prepared for with becoming a video/film editor

I'm assuming that the job wont be just me sitting in a room all day editing, I assume there will be meetings, face to face time with other people and I just don't know what to expect at all...

#film

jaden P.’s Avatar
jaden P. Mar 20, 2019 144 views

what type of math is involved

Angela J.’s Avatar
Angela J. Mar 15, 2019 156 views

What type of animation is easiest/most fun?

There's lots of different computer animating types and i don't know which one is best for me. i like to make flipbooks but there is also video editing/ green screening. I like to do both but don't know which one is more fun and better paying. So if anyone knows please tell me. #animate...

#film #artist #video-games #animation

Nasir L.’s Avatar
Nasir L. Dec 12, 2018 213 views
Nasir L.’s Avatar
Nasir L. Dec 12, 2018 177 views
Nasir L.’s Avatar
Nasir L. Dec 12, 2018 177 views