Career Questions tagged Film

Careers within the film industry aren't just limited to an actor. Behind the scenes, successful careers include writer, director, editor, and many more involved in a film crew. For more...

Shaima M.’s Avatar
Shaima M. Sep 10 50 views

Computer Science Degree in Football Analytics?

Hi! So Im a current Computer Science major that really wants to work in the football industry. I'd like a job where I can be hands-on with the team by presenting stats and data, and being able to break down film with coaches and also be able to be there during practice/games. Is there a job...

#film #football #computer-science #jobs #coaching #internship

Zeporian C.’s Avatar
Zeporian C. Sep 04 153 views

I'm a sophomore in high school and I'm exploring my career options. What are some career options that align with these interests and what are some helpful next steps I can take in the near future?

At school I'm mostly interested in English while my hobbies include writing, criticizing or praising movies and music, photography, and anything that has to do with design or visual art. Topics that intrigue me are politics, debate, and changing the world for the...

#filmdirector #film-production #editing #media-production #film-acting #director #design #arts #film #english #film-editing #writer #career

Alliyah J.’s Avatar
Alliyah J. May 30 186 views

Since the acting and film world is so competitive, how do I succeed in getting my name out there and where do I start?

I am an incoming sophomore at Georgia State University. So many people attend this school, so I don't know where to start making connections in order to get into the acting and film industry. #july #july20 #actress #acting #film #film-acting #college #cinematography #creativity #inspiration...

#love #hope

Alliyah J.’s Avatar
Alliyah J. May 30 142 views

How do I make the best impression on an interview for a film internship?

I really want to get hands on experience in the film industry, so I want to know what they are really looking for and how to stand out. #july #july20 #film...

#internship

Innana R.’s Avatar
Innana R. Jun 05 176 views

is it worth it to go into film?

I love doing work with directors, shooting, editing, etc, and I would love to make it my lives work but I don't know if that is worth it. should i focus on a marketing or business aspect of the industry? i have no financial backup so whatever i do will have to sustain me. #business #marketing...

#art #film

Innana R.’s Avatar
Innana R. Jun 05 132 views

what does life as a professional camerman look like?

im interested in going into film but I don't even know what the job itself entails! i love filming, editing, working with directors etc, but is that what it would look like on a day to day basis #art #film #cinematography...

#mediastudies

Tyler D.’s Avatar
Tyler D. Mar 08 218 views

How do I choose between two careers?

I'm a community college student, who will be transferring soon. I have wanted to make movies ever since I was a small child. It's the only thing I have ever been good at. I make short films in my free time with my friends, I go to the movies twice a week. I analyze the box office, and the...

#law #director #college #movie #producer #film #lawyer #cinema #law-school

Natalie G.’s Avatar
Natalie G. Dec 17, 2019 136 views

Are there skills or personality traits that lend a person to picking a role to pursue?

I am wanting to go into Film and having a hard time deciding which to focus on (Pre-Production/ Production/ Post Production)....

#film

jacob P.’s Avatar
jacob P. Oct 21, 2019 117 views

what carrer is right for me

I hope to do somthing in film studdies...

#film

Afunso M.’s Avatar
Afunso M. Oct 09, 2019 116 views

What are that things I need to acquire as a cinematographer to achieve my goals

I’m a cinematographer and film maker here and I also a graduate...

#film

Colby C.’s Avatar
Colby C. Oct 08, 2019 154 views

What programs and training should I use for video editing?

I've been trying to get into making videos for the internet, especially for creating content for YouTube. I was wondering what would be the best programs for doing so, and how extensive the training will need to be to master the programs. #film #technology #video...

#computer-science

Noah K.’s Avatar
Noah K. Sep 26, 2019 88 views

What type of film makers are more reliable to make an income?

I want to make documentaries but i feel like that isn't a reliable way to find work. #film #art #education...

#television

Noah K.’s Avatar
Noah K. Sep 23, 2019 107 views

What is a typical workday like for a Film Production

I'm in Audio/Video Production for my High school and wanted to know if i keep following this path would it be a struggle finding work. #film #television #education...

Lauren L.’s Avatar
Lauren L. Sep 04, 2019 104 views

Is film production worth it?

I am interested in film but have been discouraged hearing that the success rate is low and the overall process takes a lot of time and waiting. Is it still worth it to go into that field? #film #college...

#help

Nora G.’s Avatar
Nora G. Aug 19, 2019 136 views

Do I really have to move to LA to become a director/screenwriter?

I'm trying to plan ahead on what I want to do and I'm wondering if I should go to film school in LA so that I'm already there and developing connections. Any advice? #college #film #director...

#screenwriter

Samad C.’s Avatar
Samad C. Jul 28, 2019 107 views
Damonte B.’s Avatar
Damonte B. Dec 02, 2018 185 views

what type of responsibilities does someone in film editing hold?

How hard are these responsiblities? Do any of these responsibilities hold more importance then another? #film #movies #editing #film-editing #performing-arts # #television...

#production

Josue M.’s Avatar
Josue M. Apr 24, 2019 113 views

what is something i should be prepared for with becoming a video/film editor

I'm assuming that the job wont be just me sitting in a room all day editing, I assume there will be meetings, face to face time with other people and I just don't know what to expect at all...

#film