Career Questions tagged Film

Careers within the film industry aren't just limited to an actor. Behind the scenes, successful careers include writer, director, editor, and many more involved in a film crew. For more...

Teriyana M.’s Avatar
Teriyana M. Jan 01 79 views

I plan on writing my first screeplay in 2022. However, I'm not sure whether to write a tv or movie script for my first screenplay?

I have many ideas that could be either a tv script or a movie script. However, just curious, what does the entertainment/film industry value more? TV or Movie Screenplays? I am struggling on my decision. I plan to use the script to submit to writing competitions and apply to grad film school....

writing tvscript moviescript college acting writer movie tv film entertainment filmindustry screenplay teleplay script

Diana I.’s Avatar
Diana I. Nov 30, 2021 42 views

How do I get started on my film career?

What sites do I research to better understand where I need to get started?...

film

Teriyana M.’s Avatar
Teriyana M. Nov 29, 2021 63 views

Are there any nonprofit organizations that help you produce a short film, feature film, or documentary?

I am considering going back to school to achieve my masters in drama therapy and/or MFT. In the meantime, I would like to get some experience with film making/screenwriting and possibly get help funding the project. Any resources, nonprofits, or anything that you can recommend? film...

television actors film-acting movie filmschool moviedirector movieproducer filmmaking shortfilm

Ritvik C.’s Avatar
Ritvik C. Nov 18, 2021 57 views

I dont know which career path to take I feel like I have intrest in films but then feel like not doing it sometimes I dont know what I should do I am confused a lot

I like to watch movies and in school I was good in history currently I am studying for neet but I dont really like it pls suggest me and help me out help...

film

Jacob P.’s Avatar
Jacob P. Nov 10, 2021 66 views

what are some jobs in the film or entertainment industry that is fun?

im from high school and i really want to get into the film or entertainment industry, what are some jobs in it that are fun to do? film...

entertainment

Jacob P.’s Avatar
Jacob P. Nov 10, 2021 50 views

what resources can i use or find in order to get into film production?

film im in high school and i really want to get into prop production for film so i was wondering what resources can i use to give me an advantage at film...

Jacob P.’s Avatar
Jacob P. Nov 02, 2021 56 views

what does someone need or do in order to get into prop production in the entertainment industry

Hi im Jacob, I go to Phillip and Sala Burton High school, and I was wondering how can I get into prop making or anything that has to do with film. I know a few things about it and I've made a few props that my class has actually used before for their film projects, but I'm not really sure what...

film

kyle B.’s Avatar
kyle B. Aug 05, 2021 205 views
Caitlin S.’s Avatar
Caitlin S. Oct 27, 2021 101 views

Where do you go from here once you complete college in a year and a half?

I started with The Los Angeles Film School in the month of July 2023 and now I have A year and a half left. Next year comes November 2022 will be the Final Academic Year and then I graduate in 2023 college...

film

Aaron J.’s Avatar
Aaron J. Oct 26, 2021 77 views

What steps would you recommend I take to prepare to enter Film & Editors

I've been interested in movies and videos and thought about being a Film & Video editor. I've been recently editing and making music, I have a few songs so being a film or video editor is good with music on certain scenes . I want to scale up and be a producer, edit and produced the...

film music-industry acting music film-acting

Valentini Z.’s Avatar
Valentini Z. Sep 28, 2021 89 views

How difficult is getting into the film industry?

I'm in 9th grade and I am interested in the film industry. I like movies and photography. actors director student film...

acting

Munira A.’s Avatar
Munira A. Aug 29, 2021 174 views

stuck between business and film majors

I'm struggling with what I want to major/study. I enjoy business and I really enjoy film. Should I pursue business major and a film minor? but I've heard those two studies are practically useless and I suppose the odds of succeeding are low. Economics is more in demand but I don't think I can...

college college-major film business

Mallory C.’s Avatar
Mallory C. Aug 03, 2021 119 views

What is the best way to start making films?

I dream of being a film maker and being able to raise awareness for many issues through film. film...

television

MaKaylah S.’s Avatar
MaKaylah S. Jul 15, 2021 106 views

What is it like being a camera operator?

Hello! I am very interested in pursuing a career as a camera operator! I have some experience working with robotic cameras at church as a volunteer, and believe this is something I would enjoy doing as an actual job. What are some things I should know if I want to pursue this industry?...

television broadcast cameras film

May L.’s Avatar
May L. Jun 25, 2021 120 views

How can I get recognized in the film industry?

I want to become a filmmaker, specifically a director, cinematographer, and writer. film director...

artist

Nevaeh-Leh L.’s Avatar
Nevaeh-Leh L. Jun 21, 2021 121 views

What are the steps I need to take in order to be a successful film/television animator?

I’ve been drawing since forever and I’ve finally decided that I want to be an animator for TV and Movies. I’ll be a senior in high school soon and I want to start taking action now. art college film fine-art animation filmdirector...

animator

Jailine P.’s Avatar
Jailine P. Jun 12, 2021 220 views

How to become a screenwriter?

I’m interested in pursuing screenwriting for shows and films. What would entering this industry look like? What education/experience would I need? Thank you film television writing...

entertainment

Morgan B.’s Avatar
Morgan B. Jun 11, 2021 121 views

What can I expect in the film industry?

I'm super interested in going to college for film, an getting a job in the film industry. Not as actress, but as a producer, director, screenwriter, etc. I'm aware that this career path is notoriously hard to break into, and I'm not sure if it will be worth pursuing. What sort of challenges...

film

Mani J.’s Avatar
Mani J. Jun 10, 2021 121 views

How do I create a theater company?

I'm a writer, percussionist, and performer. I have some experience in direction, stage management, and set design/construction. I'm interested in creating a theater company, and I would love to know where to start. How many people would something like that require? Thanks! theatre theater...

film musicaltheater

chloe G.’s Avatar
chloe G. Jun 08, 2021 107 views

How do I get started in the production industry- specifically film?

I am a high schooler and I'm extremely interested in film and television. I know it's what I want to pursue when I'm older. I like the behind the scenes jobs and I think I would be a really good fit for a producer. film television...

production

Christina A.’s Avatar
Christina A. Jun 01, 2021 150 views

what should I research in if I want to become a film director?

Hi! My names Christina and I'm 14 years old. I started thinking about what I want to do when I get older and I've created an interest in film. I think being a film director is really cool. director...

film

Flint D.’s Avatar
Flint D. Mar 24, 2021 460 views

How do I get in contact with more professionals?

I am in college for imaging science and film and I want to learn how to make more contacts in the field. film-production experienced technology...

film