Career Questions tagged Film

Careers within the film industry aren't just limited to an actor. Behind the scenes, successful careers include writer, director, editor, and many more involved in a film crew. For more...

Tyler D.’s Avatar
Tyler D. Mar 08 94 views

How do I choose between two careers?

I'm a community college student, who will be transferring soon. I have wanted to make movies ever since I was a small child. It's the only thing I have ever been good at. I make short films in my free time with my friends, I go to the movies twice a week. I analyze the box office, and the...

#law-school #lawyer #law #movie #cinema #college #film #director #producer

Natalie G.’s Avatar
Natalie G. Dec 17, 2019 101 views

Are there skills or personality traits that lend a person to picking a role to pursue?

I am wanting to go into Film and having a hard time deciding which to focus on (Pre-Production/ Production/ Post Production)....

#film

jacob P.’s Avatar
jacob P. Oct 21, 2019 68 views

what carrer is right for me

I hope to do somthing in film studdies...

#film

Afunso M.’s Avatar
Afunso M. Oct 09, 2019 49 views

What are that things I need to acquire as a cinematographer to achieve my goals

I’m a cinematographer and film maker here and I also a graduate...

#film

Colby C.’s Avatar
Colby C. Oct 08, 2019 100 views

What programs and training should I use for video editing?

I've been trying to get into making videos for the internet, especially for creating content for YouTube. I was wondering what would be the best programs for doing so, and how extensive the training will need to be to master the programs. #film #technology #video...

#computer-science

Noah K.’s Avatar
Noah K. Sep 26, 2019 59 views

What type of film makers are more reliable to make an income?

I want to make documentaries but i feel like that isn't a reliable way to find work. #film #art #education...

#television

Noah K.’s Avatar
Noah K. Sep 25, 2019 46 views
Noah K.’s Avatar
Noah K. Sep 23, 2019 68 views

What is a typical workday like for a Film Production

I'm in Audio/Video Production for my High school and wanted to know if i keep following this path would it be a struggle finding work. #film #television #education...

Lauren L.’s Avatar
Lauren L. Sep 04, 2019 69 views

Is film production worth it?

I am interested in film but have been discouraged hearing that the success rate is low and the overall process takes a lot of time and waiting. Is it still worth it to go into that field? #film #college...

#help

Nora G.’s Avatar
Nora G. Aug 19, 2019 74 views

Do I really have to move to LA to become a director/screenwriter?

I'm trying to plan ahead on what I want to do and I'm wondering if I should go to film school in LA so that I'm already there and developing connections. Any advice? #college #film #director...

#screenwriter

Samad C.’s Avatar
Samad C. Jul 28, 2019 69 views

How do you get into the film industry

What kind of things would you need #film...

#film-acting

Damonte B.’s Avatar
Damonte B. Dec 02, 2018 142 views

what type of responsibilities does someone in film editing hold?

How hard are these responsiblities? Do any of these responsibilities hold more importance then another? #film #movies #editing #film-editing #performing-arts # #television...

#production

Cherokee G.’s Avatar
Cherokee G. Sep 05, 2018 143 views
Josue M.’s Avatar
Josue M. Apr 24, 2019 74 views

what is something i should be prepared for with becoming a video/film editor

I'm assuming that the job wont be just me sitting in a room all day editing, I assume there will be meetings, face to face time with other people and I just don't know what to expect at all...

#film

jaden P.’s Avatar
jaden P. Mar 20, 2019 127 views

what type of math is involved

Angela J.’s Avatar
Angela J. Mar 15, 2019 131 views

What type of animation is easiest/most fun?

There's lots of different computer animating types and i don't know which one is best for me. i like to make flipbooks but there is also video editing/ green screening. I like to do both but don't know which one is more fun and better paying. So if anyone knows please tell me. #animate...

#animation #video-games #film #artist

Nasir L.’s Avatar
Nasir L. Dec 12, 2018 177 views
Nasir L.’s Avatar
Nasir L. Dec 12, 2018 147 views
Nasir L.’s Avatar
Nasir L. Dec 12, 2018 127 views
Damonte B.’s Avatar
Damonte B. Dec 02, 2018 160 views

what classes should someone looking into going into film editing mainly take?

importance of which classes should be taken first before others....

#film

basem M.’s Avatar
basem M. Nov 19, 2018 169 views

I would like to get a certificate in the film Making (online)

I graduated from a college far from my hobby and work. I want to get a certificate to help me in the film making . I have already worked in this field for five years but I do not have time to study i need to study online #film #cinematography #college...

Cedara F.’s Avatar
Cedara F. Oct 24, 2018 157 views
Jesikah C.’s Avatar
Jesikah C. Oct 13, 2018 176 views

Any other options?

I want to stay instate to go to college but, I do not know what school would be best for film and theatre besides the university of Utah are there any other options? #college #theatre...

#film

Jesikah C.’s Avatar
Jesikah C. Oct 13, 2018 175 views

How do I gain experience?

I am 18 and a senior in high school and want to go into directing, but how do I gain experience and get a hold of some of the basics before I graduate?...

#film