Career Questions tagged Film

Careers within the film industry aren't just limited to an actor. Behind the scenes, successful careers include writer, director, editor, and many more involved in a film crew. For more...

Grayson F.’s Avatar
Grayson F. Oct 28 29 views
Seraphine J.’s Avatar
Seraphine J. Nov 05 40 views

What's it like to be an animator?

I always like to do art and tell stories. So I thought why not become an animator. #film #art...

#animation

Christie T.’s Avatar
Christie T. Nov 09 102 views

I really have no clue what I should do for my career. Any suggestions?

I love to read and I love to write. I would love to be a writer but I think my best shot at getting close to that would to become an editor. I am a division 1 college gymnast and I want to try to become a stunt performer for film but these career choices are not very reliable at all....

#careers #film #writing

Daniela M.’s Avatar
Daniela M. Nov 05 47 views

What are some possible alternative jobs I can go into if being a film director is not what I want later in life, but still want to be in the film industry?

I am a 12th grader and I love the behind the scenes of movies. My favorite kind of movies are sci-fi and action. I am currently taking a class about film and I am enjoying the class a lot. #film...

#director

Tyler D.’s Avatar
Tyler D. Nov 05 280 views

I feel like a total failure. How do I move on from here?

In high school, I got good grades. I graduated with a 3.5 GPA. I got into some great colleges like NYU tisch, Syracuse, Pitt, UConn, PSU, etc. I'm the oldest of 10 kids, and from a poor family. My dads a janitor, and my mom is a waitress. I needed $7k/year to go to pitt (After FAFSA). My...

#general #life #film #college

Doris G.’s Avatar
Doris G. Oct 31 28 views

I writes quotes and film stories. So I want to know if I can get sponsored.

Am 17 years of age will turn 18 soon. Little slim and somehow fair in complexion. I have completed Senior high school. I write film stories and quotes . #film #film-acting #film writer # quotes...

Yazmine A.’s Avatar
Yazmine A. Oct 19 44 views
Christine F.’s Avatar
Christine F. Sep 30 81 views

How do you get into the film industry?

I want a career in fashion merchandising/buying but I'm very interested in films and also how they use costumes to add depth to the characters and stories. I want to set foot on set and help out as a PA to see if maybe I should switch course and try to be in the Costumes department. #marketing...

#costumes #movies #film #fashion

Seth S.’s Avatar
Seth S. Sep 29 55 views

I am a senior in high school and not sure which collage I should attend.

I really love digital media. I can never stop watching shows and movies. I would love to learn more about a career in the film industry. #film-acting...

#film

Shaima M.’s Avatar
Shaima M. Sep 10 84 views

Computer Science Degree in Football Analytics?

Hi! So Im a current Computer Science major that really wants to work in the football industry. I'd like a job where I can be hands-on with the team by presenting stats and data, and being able to break down film with coaches and also be able to be there during practice/games. Is there a job...

#film #coaching #computer-science #jobs #football #internship

Zeporian C.’s Avatar
Zeporian C. Sep 04 226 views

I'm a sophomore in high school and I'm exploring my career options. What are some career options that align with these interests and what are some helpful next steps I can take in the near future?

At school I'm mostly interested in English while my hobbies include writing, criticizing or praising movies and music, photography, and anything that has to do with design or visual art. Topics that intrigue me are politics, debate, and changing the world for the...

#arts #film-editing #filmdirector #film-production #media-production #film-acting #writer #film #editing #design #director #career #english

Alliyah J.’s Avatar
Alliyah J. May 30 229 views

Since the acting and film world is so competitive, how do I succeed in getting my name out there and where do I start?

I am an incoming sophomore at Georgia State University. So many people attend this school, so I don't know where to start making connections in order to get into the acting and film industry. #july #july20 #actress #acting #film #film-acting #college #cinematography #creativity #inspiration...

#love #hope

Alliyah J.’s Avatar
Alliyah J. May 30 162 views

How do I make the best impression on an interview for a film internship?

I really want to get hands on experience in the film industry, so I want to know what they are really looking for and how to stand out. #july #july20 #film...

#internship

Innana R.’s Avatar
Innana R. Jun 05 186 views

is it worth it to go into film?

I love doing work with directors, shooting, editing, etc, and I would love to make it my lives work but I don't know if that is worth it. should i focus on a marketing or business aspect of the industry? i have no financial backup so whatever i do will have to sustain me. #business #marketing...

#film #art

Innana R.’s Avatar
Innana R. Jun 05 154 views

what does life as a professional camerman look like?

im interested in going into film but I don't even know what the job itself entails! i love filming, editing, working with directors etc, but is that what it would look like on a day to day basis #art #film #cinematography...

#mediastudies

Tyler D.’s Avatar
Tyler D. Mar 08 231 views

How do I choose between two careers?

I'm a community college student, who will be transferring soon. I have wanted to make movies ever since I was a small child. It's the only thing I have ever been good at. I make short films in my free time with my friends, I go to the movies twice a week. I analyze the box office, and the...

#lawyer #college #law-school #film #law #producer #director #movie #cinema

Natalie G.’s Avatar
Natalie G. Dec 17, 2019 149 views

Are there skills or personality traits that lend a person to picking a role to pursue?

I am wanting to go into Film and having a hard time deciding which to focus on (Pre-Production/ Production/ Post Production)....

#film

jacob P.’s Avatar
jacob P. Oct 21, 2019 128 views

what carrer is right for me

I hope to do somthing in film studdies...

#film

Afunso M.’s Avatar
Afunso M. Oct 09, 2019 130 views

What are that things I need to acquire as a cinematographer to achieve my goals

I’m a cinematographer and film maker here and I also a graduate...

#film

Colby C.’s Avatar
Colby C. Oct 08, 2019 170 views

What programs and training should I use for video editing?

I've been trying to get into making videos for the internet, especially for creating content for YouTube. I was wondering what would be the best programs for doing so, and how extensive the training will need to be to master the programs. #film #technology #video...

#computer-science

Noah K.’s Avatar
Noah K. Sep 26, 2019 103 views

What type of film makers are more reliable to make an income?

I want to make documentaries but i feel like that isn't a reliable way to find work. #film #art #education...

#television