Career Questions tagged Musical Theatre

Coogie B.’s Avatar
Coogie B. Jan 16, 2018 205 views

What classes in highschool should I take in order to be a musical choreographer.

I would like to be a musical theatre choreographer for shows and performances. #theatre #musical-theatre #dance #choreography #performing-arts...

#high-school-classes

Adrian W.’s Avatar
Adrian W. Apr 19, 2018 242 views

What is the best way to pay for college without a credit-worthy cosigner?

I am a sophomore in college, and I am just curious on the best way to pay for college. I am a theatre major, and I don't have a cosigner who has good enough credit. I am really looking for advice on scholarships/grants/etc.. Anything helps! #college #college-major #college-jobs...

#professional-development #student #loans #work-life-balance #scholarships #theatre #first-generation-college-students #student-loans #musical-theatre #film

Adrian W.’s Avatar
Adrian W. Apr 19, 2018 233 views

Is it better to take a gap year after graduating college?

I am a sophomore in college, and I am just curious on the best way to saving money after graduation. This would be to prepare for the student loan burden. Would it be better to move back home and work a minimum wage job, or try and find a job in a big city that pays more? #college...

#professional-development #college-major #work-life-balance #theatre #college-jobs #musical-theatre #film

Aedan C.’s Avatar
Aedan C. Jan 11, 2018 178 views

What are some good theater schools on the west side of America?

I am currently a freshman in High school and I'm very interested in the Performing Arts. I have been in several plays and musicals in the past three years and am wondering if there are interesting and fun theater schools near me! I am also wondering if those schools offer scholarships. #theatre...

#college-near-me #scholarships #college #college-admissions #musical-theatre

Gaby F.’s Avatar
Gaby F. May 19, 2016 581 views

Does Stanford offer good acting/theatre programs?

I am really interested in attending Stanford. #theatre #actor #musical-theatre #stanford #acting...

#theater

Alex H.’s Avatar
Alex H. Apr 04, 2018 201 views

Do i need to go to a preforming arts school to be more successful as an actor?

For as long as i can remember i wanted to be an actor, I've done auditions before, been in plays and felt really good about myself. Now that I'm close to becoming a senior i'm not sure what to do with my future in college. So what i'm asking is, is it a step that i need to take to be a Film...

#nyu #acting #musical-theatre #film-acting #theatre #television

Julia A.’s Avatar
Julia A. Aug 13, 2016 364 views

What is the best public university in California for Musical Theatre?

I am applying to colleges to pursue a degree in Theatre Arts/Musical Theatre. #experience #music #musical-theatre #theatre...

#live-theatre

Sarah W.’s Avatar
Sarah W. Jan 21, 2018 180 views

How do you succeed in Musical Theatre college dance auditions?

I have always loved to sing and act, and feel confident in both of those areas, but dance auditions terrify me. I have recently began to dance, and feel like I am improving greatly, but my lack of experience is scaring me. I would like more information on musical theatre dance auditions so I...

#dance #musical-theatre

Jade S.’s Avatar
Jade S. Jan 17, 2018 219 views

Should I take Music courses in College, even though I don't know anything?

I plan on becoming a book editor - so an English major, basically. Recently I've been watching vocalists videos on YouTube, and have become fascinated with the creative world of vocal technique. My college offers a plethora of Music courses, and I really want to learn about the subject, but I'm...

#music #college #musical-theatre #music-education

Olivia D.’s Avatar
Olivia D. Jan 13, 2018 203 views
Olivia D.’s Avatar
Olivia D. Jan 13, 2018 148 views
Alexandra B.’s Avatar
Alexandra B. Oct 13, 2017 353 views

With a degree in Musical Theatre, what jobs have people gone on to pursue?

I am applying to Musical Theatre programs across the country, but am not sure that I want to pursue the life of a performer. What else can I do? #musical-theatre #career-path #music #college #college-major...

#musical

Alexandra B.’s Avatar
Alexandra B. Oct 13, 2017 436 views

Getting a BFA v. BA in Musical Theatre?

I am applying to both types of programs for college and was wondering what people like and don't like about each program. #musical-theatre #bfa #ba #fine-art #fine-arts #arts #art #degrees #theatre...

milo B.’s Avatar
milo B. Oct 12, 2017 328 views

What are some good monologues for college auditions?

I am in the process of preparing to audition for school. #theatre #musical-theatre #college #auditions #theater...

#school

milo B.’s Avatar
milo B. Oct 12, 2017 321 views

Do most colleges help theater majors find connections when they graduate?

I am interested in pursuing musical theater/ acting in college. #theatre #musical-theatre #theater #acting #musical #college #networking...

#connections

Raegan A.’s Avatar
Raegan A. May 23, 2016 516 views

How competitive is the job market among Stage Managers?

I want to go to school to be a stage manager, but I'm wanting to know how hard it is to get a job after graduating #theatre #musical-theatre #stage-management #performing-arts...

#acting

Halea B.’s Avatar
Halea B. Feb 09, 2017 348 views

How does a typical day run for Broadway performers?

How long are practices? How frequent are they? #theater #theatre #musical-theatre...

#broadway

Taylor A.’s Avatar
Taylor A. Aug 29, 2017 332 views

Is it better to audition with dancing or without dancing?

I am looking to apply to several colleges for musical theater, but I am not the best dancer. I can sort of follow a choreographer, but I'm not as precise as many other people and I'm afraid that my dancing may be the make or break point for accepting me into their university. One of my closest...

#college-major #college-bound #college #music #acting #dance #college-admissions #musical-theatre

Jill S.’s Avatar
Jill S. May 21, 2016 681 views

Are there internships or non-competitive jobs that will help an actor make connections, build up a resume, and find opportunities?

I am an aspiring musical theatre actor, and I want to know how I can use my skills and time before I graduate high school and college to get ahead. #internships #acting #theatre #musical-theatre #broadway #stage-management #audition #theater-tech #personal-development...

#job-application

Iona S.’s Avatar
Iona S. Mar 22, 2017 2456 views

How do i balance acting and law school?

Hey! So I am completely torn apart... I'm about to finish school and have already applied to one of the best law schools, but now I have doubts... I don't know if i am making a mistake by pursuing such a time consuming career that I find amazing and inspiring, but has been on my mind for just...

#acting #musical-theatre #law #singing #creative #career

Ashley G.’s Avatar
Ashley G. Jan 14, 2017 944 views

What's it like being a theatre major?

I always loved theatre, and I'm just curious. #college-majors #theatre...

#musical-theatre

robert B.’s Avatar
robert B. Aug 30, 2016 405 views

How difficult is it to double major in two oppposite fields?

I'm graduating high school this year and I want to be an urban planner. I was going to major in geography (for my career), but I also have a passion for theatre and music, so I was going to major in musical theatre as well with a minor in something like public administration/communications,...

#urban-planning #theatre #musical-theatre

Dublin C.’s Avatar
Dublin C. Aug 18, 2016 782 views

How can I improve my acting?

I am attending High School, and am involved in all the school productions, but I feel like I need to find other ways to improve my acting, and to achieve better physical, and vocal control. What are some good ways to improve in those areas, and how can I find more ways to improve? #acting...

#improv-acting #film-acting #theatre #live-theatre #movie-theatres #musical-theatre #voice-acting

Gill V.’s Avatar
Gill V. May 27, 2016 545 views

Best financially friendly Theatre Performance schools?

I'm curious because I have to pay for college on my own. I need to be able to manage it financially, but I am willing to take on some debt for solid training! #acting #musical-theatre...

#live-theatre

Gill V.’s Avatar
Gill V. May 27, 2016 702 views

Is a BFA in Musical theatre actually gonna help me land jobs? Or is it just useful for the taining?

I'm going into a school for my BFA in MT but I don't know if it's actually necessary. #acting #musical-theatre...

#broadway

Samantha M.’s Avatar
Samantha M. May 26, 2016 462 views

How can I get noticed by a talent agency for musical theatre?

A ton of my friends are represented by Nani-Saperstein Talent Management and I just want to know the best way to go about getting any talent management attention. Should I be the pain until the squeaky wheel gets the oil or wait for recognition in a professional manner? #acting #musical-theatre...

#broadway #live-theatre #musicals #casting #talent-management

Raegan A.’s Avatar
Raegan A. May 23, 2016 349 views

Is there any particularly good way to intern or get experience in stage management?

I want to be a stage manager, but I don't know too much about how to prepare for the career. #musical-theatre #broadway...

#stage-management

Ashton M.’s Avatar
Ashton M. May 21, 2016 1725 views

Going into college, how do I balance pursuing a career as a famous actor and a pediatrician?

I am a senior about to graduate high-school. I want to be a famous actor and am set on being a pediatrician too. I've been told doing both is impossible, but that won't stop me from doing what I love. There is so much to learn in each field and I love helping people. Both careers give me that...

#broadway #film-acting #theatre #pediatrician #actor #musical-theatre #film #pre-med

Jill S.’s Avatar
Jill S. May 21, 2016 1114 views

Can someone realistically pursue acting while having a part-time job?

I want to be able to pursue my dreams in musical theatre while also having a stable job that interests me, like teaching piano or owning a small online business. #acting #theatre #theater #actors #musical-theatre #small-business #tutoring...

#live-theatre

Alicia L.’s Avatar
Alicia L. May 16, 2016 566 views

How did you decide that you wanted to pursue a career in being a voice teacher? What type of education do you have that helped you when it came to teaching singing?

Hi! I am currently majoring in musical theatre and ever since I can remember, I have loved to sing. I would love to be able to be a voice teacher one day, and I have thought about pursuing it as a career along with social work. I was wondering how and why you decided to become a voice teacher,...

#singing #musical-theatre