Career Questions tagged Musical Theatre

Coogie B.’s Avatar
Coogie B. Jan 16, 2018 461 views
Adrian W.’s Avatar
Adrian W. Apr 19, 2018 486 views

What is the best way to pay for college without a credit-worthy cosigner?

I am a sophomore in college, and I am just curious on the best way to pay for college. I am a theatre major, and I don't have a cosigner who has good enough credit. I am really looking for advice on scholarships/grants/etc.. Anything helps! college college-major college-jobs...

film musical-theatre student-loans scholarships work-life-balance loans first-generation-college-students theatre professional-development student

Adrian W.’s Avatar
Adrian W. Apr 19, 2018 483 views

Is it better to take a gap year after graduating college?

I am a sophomore in college, and I am just curious on the best way to saving money after graduation. This would be to prepare for the student loan burden. Would it be better to move back home and work a minimum wage job, or try and find a job in a big city that pays more? college...

film musical-theatre work-life-balance college-major college-jobs theatre professional-development

Aedan C.’s Avatar
Aedan C. Jan 11, 2018 351 views

What are some good theater schools on the west side of America?

I am currently a freshman in High school and I'm very interested in the Performing Arts. I have been in several plays and musicals in the past three years and am wondering if there are interesting and fun theater schools near me! I am also wondering if those schools offer scholarships. theatre...

musical-theatre college-near-me college scholarships college-admissions

Gaby F.’s Avatar
Gaby F. May 19, 2016 1178 views
Alex H.’s Avatar
Alex H. Apr 04, 2018 417 views

Do i need to go to a preforming arts school to be more successful as an actor?

For as long as i can remember i wanted to be an actor, I've done auditions before, been in plays and felt really good about myself. Now that I'm close to becoming a senior i'm not sure what to do with my future in college. So what i'm asking is, is it a step that i need to take to be a Film...

musical-theatre film-acting theatre acting television nyu

Julia A.’s Avatar
Julia A. Aug 13, 2016 552 views

What is the best public university in California for Musical Theatre?

I am applying to colleges to pursue a degree in Theatre Arts/Musical Theatre. experience music musical-theatre theatre...

live-theatre

Sarah W.’s Avatar
Sarah W. Jan 21, 2018 356 views

How do you succeed in Musical Theatre college dance auditions?

I have always loved to sing and act, and feel confident in both of those areas, but dance auditions terrify me. I have recently began to dance, and feel like I am improving greatly, but my lack of experience is scaring me. I would like more information on musical theatre dance auditions so I...

musical-theatre dance

Jade S.’s Avatar
Jade S. Jan 17, 2018 445 views

Should I take Music courses in College, even though I don't know anything?

I plan on becoming a book editor - so an English major, basically. Recently I've been watching vocalists videos on YouTube, and have become fascinated with the creative world of vocal technique. My college offers a plethora of Music courses, and I really want to learn about the subject, but I'm...

music musical-theatre music-education college

Alexandra B.’s Avatar
Alexandra B. Oct 13, 2017 512 views

With a degree in Musical Theatre, what jobs have people gone on to pursue?

I am applying to Musical Theatre programs across the country, but am not sure that I want to pursue the life of a performer. What else can I do? musical-theatre career-path music college college-major...

musical

Alexandra B.’s Avatar
Alexandra B. Oct 13, 2017 648 views

Getting a BFA v. BA in Musical Theatre?

I am applying to both types of programs for college and was wondering what people like and don't like about each program. musical-theatre BFA BA fine-art fine-arts arts art degrees theatre...

college

milo B.’s Avatar
milo B. Oct 12, 2017 541 views

What are some good monologues for college auditions?

I am in the process of preparing to audition for school. theatre musical-theatre college auditions theater...

school

milo B.’s Avatar
milo B. Oct 12, 2017 503 views
Raegan A.’s Avatar
Raegan A. May 23, 2016 1021 views

How competitive is the job market among Stage Managers?

I want to go to school to be a stage manager, but I'm wanting to know how hard it is to get a job after graduating theatre musical-theatre stage-management performing-arts...

acting

Halea B.’s Avatar
Halea B. Feb 09, 2017 659 views

How does a typical day run for Broadway performers?

How long are practices? How frequent are they? theater theatre musical-theatre...

broadway

Taylor A.’s Avatar
Taylor A. Aug 29, 2017 473 views

Is it better to audition with dancing or without dancing?

I am looking to apply to several colleges for musical theater, but I am not the best dancer. I can sort of follow a choreographer, but I'm not as precise as many other people and I'm afraid that my dancing may be the make or break point for accepting me into their university. One of my closest...

musical-theatre college-bound college music college-admissions dance acting college-major

Jill S.’s Avatar
Jill S. May 21, 2016 905 views

Are there internships or non-competitive jobs that will help an actor make connections, build up a resume, and find opportunities?

I am an aspiring musical theatre actor, and I want to know how I can use my skills and time before I graduate high school and college to get ahead. internships acting theatre musical-theatre broadway stage-management audition theater-tech personal-development...

job-application

Iona S.’s Avatar
Iona S. Mar 22, 2017 4469 views

How do i balance acting and law school?

Hey! So I am completely torn apart... I'm about to finish school and have already applied to one of the best law schools, but now I have doubts... I don't know if i am making a mistake by pursuing such a time consuming career that I find amazing and inspiring, but has been on my mind for just...

musical-theatre law creative acting career singing

Ashley G.’s Avatar
Ashley G. Jan 14, 2017 1442 views

What's it like being a theatre major?

I always loved theatre, and I'm just curious. college-majors theatre...

musical-theatre

robert B.’s Avatar
robert B. Aug 30, 2016 587 views

How difficult is it to double major in two oppposite fields?

I'm graduating high school this year and I want to be an urban planner. I was going to major in geography (for my career), but I also have a passion for theatre and music, so I was going to major in musical theatre as well with a minor in something like public administration/communications,...

urban-planning theatre musical-theatre

Dublin C.’s Avatar
Dublin C. Aug 18, 2016 977 views

How can I improve my acting?

I am attending High School, and am involved in all the school productions, but I feel like I need to find other ways to improve my acting, and to achieve better physical, and vocal control. What are some good ways to improve in those areas, and how can I find more ways to improve? acting...

musical-theatre voice-acting movie-theatres live-theatre film-acting theatre improv-acting

Gill V.’s Avatar
Gill V. May 27, 2016 721 views

Best financially friendly Theatre Performance schools?

I'm curious because I have to pay for college on my own. I need to be able to manage it financially, but I am willing to take on some debt for solid training! acting musical-theatre...

live-theatre

Gill V.’s Avatar
Gill V. May 27, 2016 880 views

Is a BFA in Musical theatre actually gonna help me land jobs? Or is it just useful for the taining?

I'm going into a school for my BFA in MT but I don't know if it's actually necessary. acting musical-theatre...

broadway

Samantha M.’s Avatar
Samantha M. May 26, 2016 667 views

How can I get noticed by a talent agency for musical theatre?

A ton of my friends are represented by Nani-Saperstein Talent Management and I just want to know the best way to go about getting any talent management attention. Should I be the pain until the squeaky wheel gets the oil or wait for recognition in a professional manner? acting musical-theatre...

musicals live-theatre casting broadway talent-management

Raegan A.’s Avatar
Raegan A. May 23, 2016 487 views

Is there any particularly good way to intern or get experience in stage management?

I want to be a stage manager, but I don't know too much about how to prepare for the career. musical-theatre broadway...

stage-management

Ashley M.’s Avatar
Ashley M. May 21, 2016 3045 views

Going into college, how do I balance pursuing a career as a famous actor and a pediatrician?

I am a senior about to graduate high-school. I want to be a famous actor and am set on being a pediatrician too. I've been told doing both is impossible, but that won't stop me from doing what I love. There is so much to learn in each field and I love helping people. Both careers give me that...

film musical-theatre actor pediatrician film-acting theatre broadway pre-med

Jill S.’s Avatar
Jill S. May 21, 2016 1496 views

Can someone realistically pursue acting while having a part-time job?

I want to be able to pursue my dreams in musical theatre while also having a stable job that interests me, like teaching piano or owning a small online business. acting theatre theater actors musical-theatre small-business tutoring...

live-theatre

Alicia L.’s Avatar
Alicia L. May 16, 2016 731 views

How did you decide that you wanted to pursue a career in being a voice teacher? What type of education do you have that helped you when it came to teaching singing?

Hi! I am currently majoring in musical theatre and ever since I can remember, I have loved to sing. I would love to be able to be a voice teacher one day, and I have thought about pursuing it as a career along with social work. I was wondering how and why you decided to become a voice teacher,...

musical-theatre singing