Career Questions tagged Art History

Chris Z.’s Avatar
Chris Z. Aug 02 95 views

Advice/tips for gap year students?

Hey, I'm an incoming freshman electing to take a gap year due to various concerns. Just curious if there's anything people would recommend -- not only prepare for a successful college career but also as a person in the long run. I'm currently interning in the curitorial department at a museum...

#art-history #gap-year

Tanya M.’s Avatar
Tanya M. Feb 12, 2018 266 views

How easy would it be to be hired at an art auction house/art gallery without Art/Art History as a major?

I intend to study Political Science and minor in Art History, but I have heard that many people within the art world are majors in art/visual art/art history. I wanted to deal with the business side of art, but wasn't sure if my minor would be acceptable to the likes of Sotheby's, Christie's,...

#careers #art #art-history #business #galleries

josee L.’s Avatar
josee L. Aug 30, 2017 415 views

What's the best way to gain art history experience?

I am an art history major and I am struggling to get a job in any museum or galleries. How do I gain real life art history experience? #art #art-history...

#history

megan S.’s Avatar
megan S. Apr 04, 2017 605 views

I am thinking about double majoring in nonprofit organizations and art history. Is this a good idea?

In the future I would like to eventually work in a museum and or gallery. I would preferably like to work my way up to becoming in charge of a museum or something of that nature. I know most museums now a days are nonprofit so would teaming up majors be a smart decision? All I am for sure of...

#art #nonprofits #art-history #museums #college-major #galleries #college