Career Questions tagged Art History

Norah’s Avatar
Norah May 25, 2021 441 views

How competitive is the museum curator career field?

Is finding a job as a museum curator difficult because of the competitive career field? Is the job search difficult? Is the job search worth it?
#job-search #curator #museum #museums #art #fine-arts #art-history

Chris’s Avatar
Chris Aug 02, 2020 428 views

Advice/tips for gap year students?

Hey, I'm an incoming freshman electing to take a gap year due to various concerns. Just curious if there's anything people would recommend -- not only prepare for a successful college career but also as a person in the long run. I'm currently interning in the curitorial department at a museum...

Tanya’s Avatar
Tanya Feb 12, 2018 512 views

How easy would it be to be hired at an art auction house/art gallery without Art/Art History as a major?

I intend to study Political Science and minor in Art History, but I have heard that many people within the art world are majors in art/visual art/art history. I wanted to deal with the business side of art, but wasn't sure if my minor would be acceptable to the likes of Sotheby's, Christie's,...

josee’s Avatar
josee Aug 30, 2017 677 views

What's the best way to gain art history experience?

I am an art history major and I am struggling to get a job in any museum or galleries. How do I gain real life art history experience? #art #art-history #history

megan’s Avatar
megan Apr 04, 2017 896 views

I am thinking about double majoring in nonprofit organizations and art history. Is this a good idea?

In the future I would like to eventually work in a museum and or gallery. I would preferably like to work my way up to becoming in charge of a museum or something of that nature. I know most museums now a days are nonprofit so would teaming up majors be a smart decision? All I am for sure of...