Career Questions tagged Museum

Rachel L.’s Avatar
Rachel L. May 19, 2018 291 views

Would it be best to focus on an area of American history to be able to get a job at a museum or historic site in the US, or can I still study other areas of history, such as ancient civilizations or the Renaissance in Europe?

I really enjoy learning about ancient and European history more, but I figure that if I am looking for a job in the US at a historic site or museum, I would need more of an American history background. I don't know what kind of jobs would be available to someone with a focus on ancient...

#renaissance #museum #history #ancient

Sheyenne L.’s Avatar
Sheyenne L. May 26, 2016 1269 views

How do you start a modern art gallery?

I am interested in owning an art gallery. What steps can I take to achieve this? #art #museum...

#gallery

Shalaundye F.’s Avatar
Shalaundye F. May 26, 2016 567 views

Is History a good major to have if you want to work in the Smithsonian Museum?

I really want to work in the Smithsonian Museum, so I switched my major from Social Studies Education to History. Was that a good choice? #college #history #museum...

#smithsonian

Hailey H.’s Avatar
Hailey H. May 18, 2016 521 views

What is it like to work for the Smithsonian Museum?

I am asking, because I want to know more about the different tasks that are done by museum staff. #history #museum...

#smithsonian

Drayke H.’s Avatar
Drayke H. May 13, 2016 538 views

How difficult is it to obtain a professional job in museum work?

I am studying history and following college would like to pursue a career in museum studies, such as a museum curator, and am curious to the competitive level as well as job availability. #history...

#museum