Career Questions tagged Fine Art

Kayley S.’s Avatar
Kayley S. Oct 23 28 views

What advice would you give to someone considering a job as a concept artist/illustrator? What about an art director?

One of the things I'm scared of is burnout and art block. I've struggled with those issues in the past (as has every artist) but I'm worried if it'll greatly affect my work. #art #artist #fine-art #arts #conceptartist...

#artdirector

Ash A.’s Avatar
Ash A. Aug 11 91 views
Isabel D.’s Avatar
Isabel D. Jul 17 108 views

Is it possible to make a living as a traditional artist? #JULY 2020

I'm in art school to become a fine artist, but feel insecure about the prospects for artists in this day and age. Is it really possible to be a practicing artist without a side job? #artist #art school #fine-art...

#arts

Caroline H.’s Avatar
Caroline H. Jul 17 84 views

Finding painting jobs

My struggle is to find a well-paying job in art. I have a BA in studio art, however, I am lacking 2+ years in a studio that some jobs require. Does anyone have any resources where I can look? #arts #fine-art #artist #the-arts...

#art

Isaiah D.’s Avatar
Isaiah D. Mar 06 140 views
Leilu W.’s Avatar
Leilu W. Feb 25 240 views

How do I pursue my passion in the arts as a career?

I'm an art student who's willing to put in the hard work to get where I want to be, where I want to be is able to live off of my art. #art #artist #college...

#fine-art

ammy G.’s Avatar
ammy G. Feb 06 192 views
Maddie S.’s Avatar
Maddie S. Dec 10, 2019 159 views

What resources should I be reaching out to/finding for people to notice my art?

How do you get people to recognize your art? Do you share it? Post it? Go to a museum? How is it possible for people to recognize your works and get a basic following to possibly live off of? #art #artist #college #fine-art...

#career

Maddie S.’s Avatar
Maddie S. Dec 10, 2019 184 views

How hard is it to live off of just your art?

#art #artist #psychology #fine-art #college I'm a hobbiest when it comes to art. I consider it a hobby, but would really like if I could go somewhere professionally with it. I've drawn and created my whole life, but have always been way too scared to admit that I wanted to become an artist,...

Evan K.’s Avatar
Evan K. Dec 10, 2019 131 views

Do clients in the arts allow for artistic liberties to be taken?

In art classes I’m currently in, teacher allow us to take artistic liberties, but claim that graphic design clients won’t let us do that. Is that necessarily true? #art #graphic-design #design...

#fine-art

Evan K.’s Avatar
Evan K. Dec 10, 2019 139 views

Does money really matter in the arts?

I really don’t care about getting rich off of going into the arts, but I still want to earn a liveable wage without working myself to death. Is this even possible? #art #artist...

#fine-art

Evan K.’s Avatar
Evan K. Dec 10, 2019 148 views

How easy is it to get jobs as a traditional artist?

I enjoy doing traditional art rather than graphic design and digital art. Is it easy to get jobs doing these? #art #graphic-design #design #fine-art...

#artist

Ahna F.’s Avatar
Ahna F. Nov 14, 2019 166 views

What are careers involving art?

I love learning, talking, and making art. #artist #art #creative...

#fine-art

Ave G.’s Avatar
Ave G. Sep 16, 2019 107 views

Is having a job super stressful

I like to learn work and be creative #art #job #fine-art...

#psychology

zakariya A.’s Avatar
zakariya A. May 01, 2019 123 views
soledad G.’s Avatar
soledad G. Sep 27, 2018 265 views

Is Academy of Arts in San Francisco good?

I talked to the admissions representative and they sounded so nice and genuine, but i am nervous because i talked to my schools college counselor and she said that it's a for profit school and they don't always have the best interested in students needs. The school has everything i want to try...

#fine-art #career #college-advice #student #art

Audriana C.’s Avatar
Audriana C. Sep 25, 2018 228 views

As far as a Master's degree in art do I have to choose a certain field of art to study?

I would love to be a ceramics professor but I would also like to just be able to study all of the fine arts. #fine-art #college...

#art

Audriana C.’s Avatar
Audriana C. Sep 25, 2018 224 views

What is the benefits of getting a Master's degree in Art?

I'm currently working on my bachelor in art and will be finishing up soon. #art #college...

#fine-art

Danielle V.’s Avatar
Danielle V. Sep 18, 2018 229 views
Abigail H.’s Avatar
Abigail H. Aug 15, 2018 236 views
Tonni W.’s Avatar
Tonni W. Jul 31, 2018 252 views

Are there success jobs that includes selling art and viewing them?

Art historians, I want to i #arts #art #fine-art nclude my passion with my career as an...

Brenan B.’s Avatar
Brenan B. Jul 06, 2018 306 views