Career Questions tagged Arts

Faith J.’s Avatar
Faith J. Aug 27, 2018 177 views

What is your advice for a sophomore in high school, who wants to go to a competitive college?

I am currently a sophomore in high school, and I plan to attend the Savannah College of Art and Design. I want to major in textiles and have a minor degree in fashion illustration to participate in runway fashion. Is there any advice on how to be more competitive so I can strive to getting...

#arts #fashion #art #high-school

Elizabeth M.’s Avatar
Elizabeth M. Aug 03, 2018 129 views

I have too many interests! Where do I go

I have played violin, painted, acted, sung, and worked well with my hands (i.e. mechanically) my whole life. How do I find a good college when my talents are so spread out? #arts #career...

#choices

Tonni W.’s Avatar
Tonni W. Jul 31, 2018 145 views

Are there success jobs that includes selling art and viewing them?

Art historians, I want to i #arts #art #fine-art nclude my passion with my career as an...

Jacquelyn B.’s Avatar
Jacquelyn B. Apr 16, 2018 200 views

Where should I start to get a job?

This is my first time applying for a job I don't have much experience but I do know that I wanted to pursue a career in the performing arts where should I start? #first-job #theatre #help #job-applications #jobs #employment #performing-arts...

#arts

Samantha E.’s Avatar
Samantha E. Apr 27, 2018 195 views

How can I access information about casting calls being held?

I would want to audition for movies but I don't even know how to look for them. #casting #performing-arts #audition #arts #theater #theatre #acting...

#performance

Brenan B.’s Avatar
Brenan B. Jul 06, 2018 218 views

How important is Art in college

Jai G.’s Avatar
Jai G. May 27, 2018 193 views

How to format your promptbook?

Another stage management question! So, I have recently finished stage managing my first show (Annie Jr.!) and it was awesome, my director/ teacher says I'm a natural. However, I ran into one key issue constantly. I don't know how to format my promptbook. I tried lots of different things but I...

#arts #promptbook #stagemanager #theatretech #theater #theatre #stagemanage #tech #drama

Jai G.’s Avatar
Jai G. May 27, 2018 221 views

Insider tips and tricks for an aspiring stage manager?

I'm about to got to college to study theater and I am so excited! Right now, I'm setting my sights on being a stage manager, and it is a career that strikes me as having little tricks and things that can help me be more effective. I would love to know some for my future managing adventures! :)...

#arts #stagemanaging #theater #tricks #management #theatre #tips #drama

Makayla L.’s Avatar
Makayla L. May 26, 2018 175 views

Are there any good art schools?

Taylor H.’s Avatar
Taylor H. May 21, 2018 161 views

What is a good way to improve your skills in art?

I would like to know any tips on how to improve faster specifically with coloring pieces. #arts...

#art-college

Emily V.’s Avatar
Emily V. May 16, 2018 204 views

Which companies hire graduates with degrees in Illustration?

If I obtain an art degree in Illustration, where can I see myself working? #art #illustration...

#arts

Jasmine B.’s Avatar
Jasmine B. May 15, 2018 247 views

What is a good minor to pair with Theater Arts?

I was looking to minor in Mass communications but some people have suggested I major in Mass Com and minor in Theater. What would you suggest? #theatre...

#arts

Katie H.’s Avatar
Katie H. Jan 16, 2018 221 views

What are the benefits of choosing an arts conservatory versus a liberal arts school with an arts program?

Trying to decide on conservatory versus liberal arts with a strong program. #performing-arts #music #college...

#arts

Vinayak P.’s Avatar
Vinayak P. Sep 01, 2017 187 views

How does one get a job at a late night comedy show?

I am a comedic arts major, and I want to do whatever it takes to get into a late night show. #comedy #performing-arts #arts...

#comedian

Dakota R.’s Avatar
Dakota R. May 19, 2016 390 views

Is it possible for one to work as an Architect and an Architectural Engineer? I Know they're two incredibly different fields, but I am incredibly passionate about both and am curious if there is a way to actually participat ein both in the work force.

I am aiming for a BS in Architectural Engineering and Plan on getting a Masters in Architecture, to give myself a well-rounded education. I've heard from professors that it's fairly black and white between the two careers, however that might simply only be the case in America. Maybe other...

#arts #engineering #architecture #architectural-engineering #architect #engineer

Aishwarya J.’s Avatar
Aishwarya J. Jan 16, 2018 283 views

How do you balance humanities with a STEM major?

I love to write and draw -- they're two of my passions -- but I also love science and math, which is why I plan on going into a STEM field. How do you keep the two balanced when so many claim you can't reconcile them? #women-in-stem #arts...

#stem

Tamiya M.’s Avatar
Tamiya M. Nov 16, 2017 357 views

How would I start a Ceramics business ?

I found a passion in creating masterpieces with clay. I create plates, bowls, containers, etc. I would love to start this and move forward. #ceramics #glass,-ceramics-and-concrete #arts #business-development #business...

#entrepreneurship

Alexandra B.’s Avatar
Alexandra B. Oct 13, 2017 442 views

Getting a BFA v. BA in Musical Theatre?

I am applying to both types of programs for college and was wondering what people like and don't like about each program. #musical-theatre #bfa #ba #fine-art #fine-arts #arts #art #degrees #theatre...

Indya B.’s Avatar
Indya B. May 12, 2016 386 views

To become a dance therapist should I study special education as well?

Well I am a dancer and doctors say I can never dance professionally so I decided to become a dance therapist. Therefore nothing can stop me from dancing and I can help others considering I was born with deformities as well. Dance has changed my life and I wanna use it to help others just like...

#arts #college #performing-arts #dance #dance-therapist #art

Sylvani S.’s Avatar
Sylvani S. May 13, 2016 467 views

What is the best path to become a professional dancer, auditioning for a company at 18 or going to a college dance program?

Most dancers I know feel that the best path to a professional dance career is to go straight out of high school to a company. I'm not sure I'm ready for that, and I also would like to go to college. I'm afraid that if I do, though, I might be making it more difficult for me to get into a...

#arts #career-counseling #college #dance-education #dance #performing-arts

Anaka N.’s Avatar
Anaka N. May 13, 2017 455 views

What should I study at university?

Should I study something deemed 'facilitating' and 'employable' or a subject that I truly enjoy? #university #degree #undergraduate #arts #subjects #sciences...

#alevel

Elliott V.’s Avatar
Elliott V. Jan 04, 2017 825 views

Is there such a thing as too much ambition? How do I decide what activities i should put effort into most?

I have a lot of ideas and interests, but not all of them fall in line with my career aspirations. This is a general question for experienced ambitious people. Im a student aspring to become a clinical psychologist, but I also want to be involved in politics, and i have numerous hobbies. What...

#arts #higher-education #politics #business #project-management #psychology #time-management

Isabella D.’s Avatar
Isabella D. Oct 23, 2016 660 views

STEM is known for being factual and numbers based so how can someone incorparate the arts into a career in STEM if they wanted a more well-rounded career?

I have always been interested in music and literature, but I have a passion for science. I want to be able to have my career in science but also incorporate the arts and history into my life. I wonder if there are any careers that blend the two areas of study. #career #career-counseling...

#arts #stem #career-path #history

Joana R.’s Avatar
Joana R. Oct 14, 2016 647 views

What can I do for liberal arts?

I am in college right now and I have no idea what I want to do, I heard this major they offer called liberal arts, it sounds interesting but I have no idea what careers are out there for liberal arts. #art #english #arts #studies...

#liberal

Kritika Z.’s Avatar
Kritika Z. Sep 04, 2016 551 views

Can a humanities student pursue Oceanography as a career?

I'm a 11th grade humanities/arts student in CBSE board. I have recently developed an interest in Oceanography and would love to pursue a career in the field. But, can I do that if I have the Humanities Stream in school? #arts #oceanography #geography #humanities...

#class