Career Questions tagged Arts

Shannon D.’s Avatar
Shannon D. Sep 16 16 views

what are the requirements for becoming a physical therapist

I am very passionate and interested towards health. I like to do physical activities and also live a healthy lifestyle. I love sports and to create art. I also enjoy teaching and helping others. #health...

#arts

Zeporian C.’s Avatar
Zeporian C. Sep 04 153 views

I'm a sophomore in high school and I'm exploring my career options. What are some career options that align with these interests and what are some helpful next steps I can take in the near future?

At school I'm mostly interested in English while my hobbies include writing, criticizing or praising movies and music, photography, and anything that has to do with design or visual art. Topics that intrigue me are politics, debate, and changing the world for the...

#filmdirector #film-production #editing #media-production #film-acting #director #design #arts #film #english #film-editing #writer #career

Imani L.’s Avatar
Imani L. Sep 04 78 views

Is going into a animation career worth it?

I'm a 12th grader and I have been doing art for years, but i wasn't serious about it until I was in middle school. I want to become an animator, but I find it hard to lean the basics and find it confusing to use my program, Clip paint studio. I might not because an animator and just be a...

#animation #career-choice #general #art #the-arts #artist #arts

Ashton B.’s Avatar
Ashton B. Jul 20 155 views

How can I choose a profitable career when my interests don’t align with many?

I’m an upcoming senior in high school and I’m starting to seriously consider my future path. My issue is that my interest in the preforming and fine arts outweighs much of anything else, and From what I know those Aren’t fields that often get paid very much. I enjoy designing and drafting so I...

#starvingartist #career-choice #music #money #help #stuck #arts #architecture #psychology #profitable #decisions #graphicdesign #confused #career

Isabel D.’s Avatar
Isabel D. Jul 17 99 views

Is it possible to make a living as a traditional artist? #JULY 2020

I'm in art school to become a fine artist, but feel insecure about the prospects for artists in this day and age. Is it really possible to be a practicing artist without a side job? #artist #art school #fine-art...

#arts

Caroline H.’s Avatar
Caroline H. Jul 17 66 views

Finding painting jobs

My struggle is to find a well-paying job in art. I have a BA in studio art, however, I am lacking 2+ years in a studio that some jobs require. Does anyone have any resources where I can look? #arts #fine-art #artist #the-arts...

#art

Kimberly M.’s Avatar
Kimberly M. Mar 22 126 views

How do I go about becoming an actor

I like to act and be surrounded by people. I just like the way it feels to be on stage and becoming someone else. I've always liked the arts. I draw, and paint while listening to songs from musicals. #actor #acting #theatre...

#arts

Ebbie N.’s Avatar
Ebbie N. Mar 21 92 views

As a student studying in Arts related filed, how can I enhancing my chances of getting an internship ?

I am currently a Year 2 student studying at the University of Hong Kong who are looking for an internship. #internship #college...

#arts

Faith J.’s Avatar
Faith J. Aug 27, 2018 245 views

What is your advice for a sophomore in high school, who wants to go to a competitive college?

I am currently a sophomore in high school, and I plan to attend the Savannah College of Art and Design. I want to major in textiles and have a minor degree in fashion illustration to participate in runway fashion. Is there any advice on how to be more competitive so I can strive to getting...

#art #fashion #high-school #arts

Elizabeth M.’s Avatar
Elizabeth M. Aug 03, 2018 187 views

I have too many interests! Where do I go

I have played violin, painted, acted, sung, and worked well with my hands (i.e. mechanically) my whole life. How do I find a good college when my talents are so spread out? #arts #career...

#choices

Tonni W.’s Avatar
Tonni W. Jul 31, 2018 240 views

Are there success jobs that includes selling art and viewing them?

Art historians, I want to i #arts #art #fine-art nclude my passion with my career as an...

Jacquelyn B.’s Avatar
Jacquelyn B. Apr 16, 2018 293 views

Where should I start to get a job?

This is my first time applying for a job I don't have much experience but I do know that I wanted to pursue a career in the performing arts where should I start? #first-job #theatre #help #job-applications #jobs #employment #performing-arts...

#arts

Samantha E.’s Avatar
Samantha E. Apr 27, 2018 318 views

How can I access information about casting calls being held?

I would want to audition for movies but I don't even know how to look for them. #casting #performing-arts #audition #arts #theater #theatre #acting...

#performance

Brenan B.’s Avatar
Brenan B. Jul 06, 2018 304 views
Jai G.’s Avatar
Jai G. May 27, 2018 312 views

How to format your promptbook?

Another stage management question! So, I have recently finished stage managing my first show (Annie Jr.!) and it was awesome, my director/ teacher says I'm a natural. However, I ran into one key issue constantly. I don't know how to format my promptbook. I tried lots of different things but I...

#theater #promptbook #drama #stagemanage #arts #tech #theatretech #theatre #stagemanager

Jai G.’s Avatar
Jai G. May 27, 2018 313 views

Insider tips and tricks for an aspiring stage manager?

I'm about to got to college to study theater and I am so excited! Right now, I'm setting my sights on being a stage manager, and it is a career that strikes me as having little tricks and things that can help me be more effective. I would love to know some for my future managing adventures! :)...

#theater #tips #drama #stagemanaging #arts #theatre #management #tricks

Makayla L.’s Avatar
Makayla L. May 26, 2018 237 views
Taylor H.’s Avatar
Taylor H. May 21, 2018 258 views

What is a good way to improve your skills in art?

I would like to know any tips on how to improve faster specifically with coloring pieces. #arts...

#art-college

Emily V.’s Avatar
Emily V. May 16, 2018 256 views

Which companies hire graduates with degrees in Illustration?

If I obtain an art degree in Illustration, where can I see myself working? #art #illustration...

#arts

Jasmine B.’s Avatar
Jasmine B. May 15, 2018 332 views

What is a good minor to pair with Theater Arts?

I was looking to minor in Mass communications but some people have suggested I major in Mass Com and minor in Theater. What would you suggest? #theatre...

#arts

Katie H.’s Avatar
Katie H. Jan 16, 2018 302 views

What are the benefits of choosing an arts conservatory versus a liberal arts school with an arts program?

Trying to decide on conservatory versus liberal arts with a strong program. #performing-arts #music #college...

#arts

Vinayak P.’s Avatar
Vinayak P. Sep 01, 2017 250 views

How does one get a job at a late night comedy show?

I am a comedic arts major, and I want to do whatever it takes to get into a late night show. #comedy #performing-arts #arts...

#comedian

Dakota R.’s Avatar
Dakota R. May 19, 2016 454 views

Is it possible for one to work as an Architect and an Architectural Engineer? I Know they're two incredibly different fields, but I am incredibly passionate about both and am curious if there is a way to actually participat ein both in the work force.

I am aiming for a BS in Architectural Engineering and Plan on getting a Masters in Architecture, to give myself a well-rounded education. I've heard from professors that it's fairly black and white between the two careers, however that might simply only be the case in America. Maybe other...

#architect #architecture #engineer #architectural-engineering #arts #engineering