Career Questions tagged Arts

Jersey S.’s Avatar
Jersey S. Nov 16 55 views

How is the life as a graphic designer? Specifically in areas of package, web or ux design??

I am pursuing graphic design in post-secondary. I am contemplating whether I should focus on package, web, or user experience design. Although, I am kind of leaning more towards user experience so any insights on how is it look would be really appreciated. Thanks! #web-design #graphics...

#arts #package-design #ui-design #graphic-design #user-experience #givingiscaring #design #ux-design #graphic-designer

Caitlynn P.’s Avatar
Caitlynn P. Nov 05 74 views

If I happen to be interested in arts, What are some good career choices and steps I should consider?

I am in the 9th grade barely exploring my many career choices, and I happen to be interested in arts of drawing or artist of that kind. I do question how would I be able to find a similar career to the interest I have. #career #career-choice #career-path...

#arts

Tony G.’s Avatar
Tony G. Nov 05 45 views

is there any jobs as mechanics that pay more and includes art work in it?

I'm Tony and I would love to be a mechanic because my dad got me into working with vehicles and since I love to draw he suggested putting my art work on to the vehicles I fix and I want to get into more details into being a mechanic. #work...

#arts

Shawnisa L.’s Avatar
Shawnisa L. Nov 05 41 views

What's a good art school ?

I'm mainly interested in ceramics and painting. #arts #the-arts...

#art-education

shelbee B.’s Avatar
shelbee B. Nov 05 48 views

what is the best way to apply to a collage

I'm 17, and I'm a senior graduating this year, I love art #arts...

#collage-applicant

Kayley S.’s Avatar
Kayley S. Oct 27 39 views

What is the best program to learn how to draw digitally?

I want to be a concept artist/illustrator, and I have little digital art skills. I want to use Procreate, since I've used it before and it's the most accessible for me. But I was wondering if programs like Photoshop and Clip Studio Paint are better. #art #artist #art-education #the-arts...

#arts #painting #illustrator #artists #concept-artist #digital-art

Kayley S.’s Avatar
Kayley S. Oct 27 29 views

Should I go to a regular college and major in art, or should I go to an art school?

I want to be a concept artist/illustrator, and my dream school is CIA, an art school near me. But I was wondering if it would be more beneficial for me in the long run to go to a regular college or an art school. #art #arts #school #artschool #illustrator...

#conceptartist

Makenna R.’s Avatar
Makenna R. Oct 23 46 views

Are there places to work as an art teacher for mentally challenged children and adults?

I am a sophomore in high school and ever since I was a little girl I have loved art and making art pieces in school and out of school. I would love to help mentally challenged with their art work. #arts...

#art-education

Kayley S.’s Avatar
Kayley S. Oct 23 49 views

What advice would you give to someone considering a job as a concept artist/illustrator? What about an art director?

One of the things I'm scared of is burnout and art block. I've struggled with those issues in the past (as has every artist) but I'm worried if it'll greatly affect my work. #art #artist #fine-art #arts #conceptartist...

#artdirector

Kayley S.’s Avatar
Kayley S. Oct 23 36 views

What are the advantages and opportunities for advancement with concept artists and art directors?

I'm a senior in high school and have wanted to do art since I was little, and recently made the big decision to seriously pursue it. I want to be a concept artist/illustrator, but I also want to know more about being an art director. #art #arts...

#artist

Kayley S.’s Avatar
Kayley S. Oct 23 51 views

What are the work conditions, hours, and salary for concept artists/illustrators and art directors?

I'm a senior in high school and recently made a big decision to change my career path back to art, which is what I've wanted to do since I was little. I want to be a concept artist and major in illustration. #art #artist #arts #animation #illustration...

#conceptartist

Shannon D.’s Avatar
Shannon D. Sep 16 85 views

what are the requirements for becoming a physical therapist

I am very passionate and interested towards health. I like to do physical activities and also live a healthy lifestyle. I love sports and to create art. I also enjoy teaching and helping others. #health...

#arts

Zeporian C.’s Avatar
Zeporian C. Sep 04 226 views

I'm a sophomore in high school and I'm exploring my career options. What are some career options that align with these interests and what are some helpful next steps I can take in the near future?

At school I'm mostly interested in English while my hobbies include writing, criticizing or praising movies and music, photography, and anything that has to do with design or visual art. Topics that intrigue me are politics, debate, and changing the world for the...

#arts #film-editing #filmdirector #film-production #media-production #film-acting #writer #film #editing #design #director #career #english

Imani L.’s Avatar
Imani L. Sep 04 126 views

Is going into a animation career worth it?

I'm a 12th grader and I have been doing art for years, but i wasn't serious about it until I was in middle school. I want to become an animator, but I find it hard to lean the basics and find it confusing to use my program, Clip paint studio. I might not because an animator and just be a...

#arts #career-choice #artist #general #animation #the-arts #art

Ashton B.’s Avatar
Ashton B. Jul 20 211 views

How can I choose a profitable career when my interests don’t align with many?

I’m an upcoming senior in high school and I’m starting to seriously consider my future path. My issue is that my interest in the preforming and fine arts outweighs much of anything else, and From what I know those Aren’t fields that often get paid very much. I enjoy designing and drafting so I...

#money #help #arts #confused #starvingartist #career-choice #music #decisions #architecture #profitable #graphicdesign #psychology #stuck #career

Isabel D.’s Avatar
Isabel D. Jul 17 117 views

Is it possible to make a living as a traditional artist? #JULY 2020

I'm in art school to become a fine artist, but feel insecure about the prospects for artists in this day and age. Is it really possible to be a practicing artist without a side job? #artist #art school #fine-art...

#arts

Caroline H.’s Avatar
Caroline H. Jul 17 96 views

Finding painting jobs

My struggle is to find a well-paying job in art. I have a BA in studio art, however, I am lacking 2+ years in a studio that some jobs require. Does anyone have any resources where I can look? #arts #fine-art #artist #the-arts...

#art

Kimberly M.’s Avatar
Kimberly M. Mar 22 149 views

How do I go about becoming an actor

I like to act and be surrounded by people. I just like the way it feels to be on stage and becoming someone else. I've always liked the arts. I draw, and paint while listening to songs from musicals. #actor #acting #theatre...

#arts

Ebbie N.’s Avatar
Ebbie N. Mar 21 105 views

As a student studying in Arts related filed, how can I enhancing my chances of getting an internship ?

I am currently a Year 2 student studying at the University of Hong Kong who are looking for an internship. #internship #college...

#arts

Faith J.’s Avatar
Faith J. Aug 27, 2018 261 views

What is your advice for a sophomore in high school, who wants to go to a competitive college?

I am currently a sophomore in high school, and I plan to attend the Savannah College of Art and Design. I want to major in textiles and have a minor degree in fashion illustration to participate in runway fashion. Is there any advice on how to be more competitive so I can strive to getting...

#high-school #arts #fashion #art

Elizabeth M.’s Avatar
Elizabeth M. Aug 03, 2018 214 views

I have too many interests! Where do I go

I have played violin, painted, acted, sung, and worked well with my hands (i.e. mechanically) my whole life. How do I find a good college when my talents are so spread out? #arts #career...

#choices

Tonni W.’s Avatar
Tonni W. Jul 31, 2018 260 views

Are there success jobs that includes selling art and viewing them?

Art historians, I want to i #arts #art #fine-art nclude my passion with my career as an...

Jacquelyn B.’s Avatar
Jacquelyn B. Apr 16, 2018 310 views

Where should I start to get a job?

This is my first time applying for a job I don't have much experience but I do know that I wanted to pursue a career in the performing arts where should I start? #first-job #theatre #help #job-applications #jobs #employment #performing-arts...

#arts

Samantha E.’s Avatar
Samantha E. Apr 27, 2018 335 views

How can I access information about casting calls being held?

I would want to audition for movies but I don't even know how to look for them. #casting #performing-arts #audition #arts #theater #theatre #acting...

#performance