Career Questions tagged Fashion Design

candice S.’s Avatar
candice S. Apr 07 152 views

can a student get a full-time job?

Very good character with a great personality. Disciplined and respectful. Hard worker and determined. Leader and Team worker. Punctual and prompt. Ambitious and Determined. Hands on and co-operative. Good grammar and communication skills. #career #business #fun #sonogram #artist #fashion...

#fashion-design #modeling #book #author #writer #models

Valerie M.’s Avatar
Valerie M. Feb 23 100 views

What High School classes should I take to be in the fashion industry? And what AP classes?

I am a junior in highschool interested in pursuing a career in fashion. I am not sure what career I want, but I want to be prepared for the fashion industry. #fashion-design #apparel-and-fashion #merchandising #fashion-shows #fashion-design...

Brynn G.’s Avatar
Brynn G. Dec 22, 2020 133 views
MJ M.’s Avatar
MJ M. Nov 18, 2020 646 views

What is the best sewing machine to learn beginner sewing and fashion design on?

I've been researching machines and can't find the right one. I am fairly new at sewing and don't quite know what to look for. I want it to be inexpensive, durable, and portable but it's hard to find one that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. I am starting to learn sewing now to help me create...

#sewing #fashion-design #learning #givingiscaring #fashion #education

brian D.’s Avatar
brian D. Sep 12, 2019 133 views

How do I become a skateboarding model for different brands

#fashion-design How can i become a skateboard model for different brands such as Vans and Supreme etc....

#fashion

Jennifer E.’s Avatar
Jennifer E. Sep 06, 2019 238 views

What other strengths or experiences might I need for a career in a fashion industry?

Hi my name is Jennifer, I am a Glen Rose HS students, I am 17 years old and a junior. My strengths are being a good communicator, organizing and cleaning. I am interested in the fashion industry. In my spare time I like to organize. What other strengths or experiences might I need for a career...

#career #fashion #fashion-design #design

Giulianna L.’s Avatar
Giulianna L. Jul 26, 2019 238 views

What is it like being a fashion designer?

I have always wanted to be one, but im nervous im not passionate about it enough. What is it like? Is it very competitive? #fashion #fashion-design #design...

#art

kenzie J.’s Avatar
kenzie J. Jun 12, 2019 237 views
Mariela S.’s Avatar
Mariela S. May 01, 2019 196 views
Mariela S.’s Avatar
Mariela S. Apr 10, 2019 197 views
Gabby H.’s Avatar
Gabby H. Apr 08, 2019 249 views

Are there any really good colleges to go to for Fashion Design?

I plan on going into fashion design, and I'm struggling trying to find the right college to attend #fashion-design #college...

#fashion

Helena G.’s Avatar
Helena G. Jan 07, 2019 297 views
Eimee D.’s Avatar
Eimee D. Sep 28, 2018 424 views

I am planning on getting a Bachelors in Fashion Design, but was wondering if I could get apportunities at other various jobs with that?

For example if I were to have my bachelors in fashion would that only entitled me to jobs at farshion/garment making or could I have more options/choices on what I would like to based my work and skills at? #fashion #fashion-design...

#career

June P.’s Avatar
June P. Sep 27, 2018 339 views

Fashion Institute of Technology

Hello, I have a few questions that need answering. 1. If I want to pursue a fashion career, and want to attend into FIT. Should I have knowledge of ​how to create clothes, and make sketches, before applying? 2. What do you really do when volunteering into NYC Fashion Week? 3. What skills...

#fashion #fashion-design #career-details #design

Eimee D.’s Avatar
Eimee D. Jul 06, 2018 307 views

Can fashion designers sell their designs to companies with no ties afterwards?

I onced saw this on a Korean drama where a girl would sell her fashion designs to companies and they would pay her in return. It looked like the company was only interested in the design and wanted the designer to handed down the rigthst to own her design. I am just curious whether this...

#fashion-merchandising #fashion-design #design #fashion-industry #fashion

Eimee D.’s Avatar
Eimee D. Jul 06, 2018 304 views

Where are some good schools or intership places to study/learn more about haute couture?

Ever since I discored Michael Cinco's haute coture fashion designs, I have developed a love for the way he eleganltyl creates and decorates his dresses. They are very unique and intrique to look at which is why I think I have evolve this intertest in learning more about this type of fashion...

#fashion #fashion-design #fashion-shows

Haley A.’s Avatar
Haley A. Jan 17, 2018 384 views

How would I start a boutique for selling my own designs?

I have had the dream of becoming a fashion designer ever since I was ten years old, but I also want to be an entrepreneur. So, I decided that I would like to open up a boutique to sell my own line that I would design, but I would also sew them myself. #fashion-design...

#entrepreneurship

Graciela V.’s Avatar
Graciela V. Jan 17, 2018 532 views

Is it possible to pursue a career in Fashion Design and incorporate other pastimes?

This may be more of an obscure question, but there are multiple extracurricular activities I enjoy keeping up with and I hope to continue incorporating them into my schedule, even if only for college. Would you recommend or advise against packing in an occasional theatre production, choir, or...

#fashion #fashion-design #fashion-industry

Graciela V.’s Avatar
Graciela V. Jan 16, 2018 303 views

What is the best way to get a start in the Fashion industry with the eventual goal of starting your own business?

I am a senior in high school nearly 100% set for college with my major, orientation date, and all--but I'm unsure of how to get to the point of being a bridal fashion designer with my own business. I know the Fashion industry is generally a tough career to find a start in, especially concerning...

Nicole G.’s Avatar
Nicole G. Sep 27, 2017 402 views

What steps should I take to become a fashion designer and started my own business? What is a typical day for a fashion designer Also, where can I go to college to become a fashion designer?

Hi, my name is Nicole I live in San Jose CALIFORNIA!!!!!! I have loved design my own things and being original. I want to basically know what I have to do to become a fashion designer. #fashion #fashion-design #design...

#entrepreneurship

Cedric W.’s Avatar
Cedric W. Sep 01, 2017 387 views

What's a good college to attend if i want to major in fashion designing?

I love clothes and I want to experience more stuff so I can add ideas to my creation.#clothes...

#fashion-design