Career Questions tagged Fashion Design

brian D.’s Avatar
brian D. Sep 12 21 views

How do I become a skateboarding model for different brands

#fashion-design How can i become a skateboard model for different brands such as Vans and Supreme etc....

#fashion

Jennifer E.’s Avatar
Jennifer E. Sep 06 21 views

What other strengths or experiences might I need for a career in a fashion industry?

Hi my name is Jennifer, I am a Glen Rose HS students, I am 17 years old and a junior. My strengths are being a good communicator, organizing and cleaning. I am interested in the fashion industry. In my spare time I like to organize. What other strengths or experiences might I need for a career...

#career #fashion #fashion-design #design

Giulianna L.’s Avatar
Giulianna L. Jul 26 38 views

What is it like being a fashion designer?

I have always wanted to be one, but im nervous im not passionate about it enough. What is it like? Is it very competitive? #fashion #fashion-design #design...

#art

kenzie J.’s Avatar
kenzie J. Jun 12 71 views
Mariela S.’s Avatar
Mariela S. May 01 70 views

how many year do you have to be in school to be a hair stylist?

#college#fashion#money...

#fashion-design

Mariela S.’s Avatar
Mariela S. Apr 10 55 views
Gabby H.’s Avatar
Gabby H. Apr 08 78 views

Are there any really good colleges to go to for Fashion Design?

I plan on going into fashion design, and I'm struggling trying to find the right college to attend #fashion-design #college...

#fashion

Helena G.’s Avatar
Helena G. Jan 07 116 views
Eimee D.’s Avatar
Eimee D. Sep 28, 2018 199 views

I am planning on getting a Bachelors in Fashion Design, but was wondering if I could get apportunities at other various jobs with that?

For example if I were to have my bachelors in fashion would that only entitled me to jobs at farshion/garment making or could I have more options/choices on what I would like to based my work and skills at? #fashion #fashion-design...

#career

June P.’s Avatar
June P. Sep 27, 2018 156 views

Fashion Institute of Technology

Hello, I have a few questions that need answering. 1. If I want to pursue a fashion career, and want to attend into FIT. Should I have knowledge of ​how to create clothes, and make sketches, before applying? 2. What do you really do when volunteering into NYC Fashion Week? 3. What skills...

#fashion #fashion-design #career-details #design

sanya S.’s Avatar
sanya S. Jun 27, 2018 209 views
Eimee D.’s Avatar
Eimee D. Jul 06, 2018 172 views

Can fashion designers sell their designs to companies with no ties afterwards?

I onced saw this on a Korean drama where a girl would sell her fashion designs to companies and they would pay her in return. It looked like the company was only interested in the design and wanted the designer to handed down the rigthst to own her design. I am just curious whether this...

#design #fashion-merchandising #fashion-design #fashion #fashion-industry

Eimee D.’s Avatar
Eimee D. Jul 06, 2018 153 views

Where are some good schools or intership places to study/learn more about haute couture?

Ever since I discored Michael Cinco's haute coture fashion designs, I have developed a love for the way he eleganltyl creates and decorates his dresses. They are very unique and intrique to look at which is why I think I have evolve this intertest in learning more about this type of fashion...

#fashion #fashion-design #fashion-shows

Illeeyah P.’s Avatar
Illeeyah P. Jun 27, 2018 165 views
Haley A.’s Avatar
Haley A. Jan 17, 2018 278 views

How would I start a boutique for selling my own designs?

I have had the dream of becoming a fashion designer ever since I was ten years old, but I also want to be an entrepreneur. So, I decided that I would like to open up a boutique to sell my own line that I would design, but I would also sew them myself. #fashion-design...

#entrepreneurship

Graciela V.’s Avatar
Graciela V. Jan 17, 2018 330 views

Is it possible to pursue a career in Fashion Design and incorporate other pastimes?

This may be more of an obscure question, but there are multiple extracurricular activities I enjoy keeping up with and I hope to continue incorporating them into my schedule, even if only for college. Would you recommend or advise against packing in an occasional theatre production, choir, or...

#fashion #fashion-design #fashion-industry

Graciela V.’s Avatar
Graciela V. Jan 16, 2018 193 views

What is the best way to get a start in the Fashion industry with the eventual goal of starting your own business?

I am a senior in high school nearly 100% set for college with my major, orientation date, and all--but I'm unsure of how to get to the point of being a bridal fashion designer with my own business. I know the Fashion industry is generally a tough career to find a start in, especially concerning...

Nicole G.’s Avatar
Nicole G. Sep 27, 2017 280 views

What steps should I take to become a fashion designer and started my own business? What is a typical day for a fashion designer Also, where can I go to college to become a fashion designer?

Hi, my name is Nicole I live in San Jose CALIFORNIA!!!!!! I have loved design my own things and being original. I want to basically know what I have to do to become a fashion designer. #fashion #fashion-design #design...

#entrepreneurship

Cedric W.’s Avatar
Cedric W. Sep 01, 2017 287 views

What's a good college to attend if i want to major in fashion designing?

I love clothes and I want to experience more stuff so I can add ideas to my creation.#clothes...

#fashion-design

terriane L.’s Avatar
terriane L. Sep 01, 2017 327 views

whats are the requirements to be a fashion designer?

I want to become a fashion designer because I love designing clothes to wear. I would like to start sewing clothes, instead of putting styles together that's already made, but I need to learn how to sew. I do know that I would have to learn how to sew when I start making the clothes. Is it hard...

#fashion-design #styling

Fatima  L.’s Avatar
Fatima L. Sep 01, 2017 228 views

What if you graduate from a major you wanted to study and then after a while you don't want too anymore can you still study for many other things if you want too?

I am asking this question because many people change up their mind after they graduate on what they want to be like for example #fashion-design or many other options they want to study for on what they are passionate...

Hadassah-Beulah D.’s Avatar
Hadassah-Beulah D. May 24, 2016 472 views

What is the flexibility of a textile designer's schedule ( Up to how many Holidays and days off can one typically expect?)

I would like to be a textile designer and I've done a lot of research on it. However it can be sometimes difficult to find information on it as textile design is not one of the first things people think of for a career. Normally I get information for a fashion designer or interior designer....

#fashion #fashion-design #interior-design #textiles #interior-decorator

daniel R.’s Avatar
daniel R. Mar 22, 2017 487 views
hazel W.’s Avatar
hazel W. Mar 14, 2017 624 views

can i pursue two courses at the same time

i am 16 right now and i need to choose my career so as to work for it in my last 2 years of my high school. I really want to pursue two careers and i wont be able to choose between them since i am really interested (sometimes talented too...) in them. so i dont know if i could do b.sc in...

#research #biotech #student-counseling #future-careers #fashion-design #career-counseling #fashion #biotechnology