Career Questions tagged Fashion Design

MJ M.’s Avatar
MJ M. Nov 18 71 views

What is the best sewing machine to learn beginner sewing and fashion design on?

I've been researching machines and can't find the right one. I am fairly new at sewing and don't quite know what to look for. I want it to be inexpensive, durable, and portable but it's hard to find one that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. I am starting to learn sewing now to help me create...

#givingiscaring #fashion #education #sewing #fashion-design #learning

MJ M.’s Avatar
MJ M. Nov 10 30 views

What do I need to know if I want to study fashion design abroad in Paris?

I currently am drafting designs and learning to sew. I also have been learning French on Duolingo for about a year. I have a huge love for Paris and want to live in such a beautiful city. #interior #fashion-design #fashion #studyabroad...

#paris

Lauren G.’s Avatar
Lauren G. Oct 27 30 views

How do I become a model right now?

I am interested in modeling and fashion. #modeling #fashion-shows #fashion-design #fashion-and-style...

#fashion

Annette L.’s Avatar
Annette L. Sep 30 115 views

What's a day in the life of a Fashion Designer?

I have always been curious on how a fashion designers life would be either it being for one day, it being a big day ,or a normal day. Clothes was always interesting and seeing how people express it and show it to the world, either it being on TV or social media or even magazines. #fashion...

#apparel-and-fashion #fashion-design #fashion-and-style #clothes #fashion-shows

Clara N.’s Avatar
Clara N. Sep 19 61 views

How is it to work in the fashion industry as a fashion critic and a fashion director? What major should I take to become a figure in the fashion industry but not from a dress-making part?

I am an aspiring entrepreneur to start an own fashion brand, I can do fashion illustration and sew as well but likes the business part of fashion more than actually making them. I also hold a certificate from Parsons's course. #fashion #fashion-shows #media-and-fashion #fashion-design...

#fashion-industry

MJ M.’s Avatar
MJ M. Sep 08 71 views

Where are some great places to intern/work to learn more about fashion designing?

I am still in high school and am interested in interning in the fashion industry. What do fashion retailers look for in interns/young employees? #fashion-design...

#apparel-and-fashion

MJ M.’s Avatar
MJ M. Sep 08 130 views

Where do I start if I want to go into the fashion industry?

I love to sketch out designs and have a huge passion for fashion but I don't know much about really big brands. Where do I start now that I know what I want to do with my life? #fashion #fashion designers #apparel-and-fashion #designers #fashion-design...

#fashion-shows

Eimee D.’s Avatar
Eimee D. Jul 18 65 views

How can i trained myself to be prepare for fashion school?

I took fashion 101 in high school and will be starting fashion school this fall. I'm familiarized somewhat with sewing and making clothes, but I know I lack skill. Any recommended websites or youtube videos? #july20 #fashion...

#fashion-design

Saneen K.’s Avatar
Saneen K. Jun 14 167 views

Can I make a career in fashion without getting a degree that is directly related to fashion?

I'm currently going into my sophomore year and I'm pursuing a degree in International Relations and History with a sequence in Data Science. While I do love these topics I am also really interested in working in the fashion industry. Perhaps going marketing or fashion writing, etc. I really...

#fashion-design #marketing #fashion

Aysun S.’s Avatar
Aysun S. Jan 26 171 views
Jess M.’s Avatar
Jess M. Dec 10, 2019 168 views

If I want to get into fashion design, what would be the best first few steps?

I’m 17, and I’m just curious because I love thinking about outfits. I just would like to know some of the first steps to make my ideas into reality. #fashion #fashion #fashion-design #graphic-design #design #marketing #business #art...

Elaine V.’s Avatar
Elaine V. Nov 14, 2019 75 views

What is it like to be a fashion designer

Im a junior and want to be a fashion designer cause i'm really into fashion and style. #clothes #style #wardrobe...

#fashion-design

brian D.’s Avatar
brian D. Sep 12, 2019 102 views

How do I become a skateboarding model for different brands

#fashion-design How can i become a skateboard model for different brands such as Vans and Supreme etc....

#fashion

Jennifer E.’s Avatar
Jennifer E. Sep 06, 2019 169 views

What other strengths or experiences might I need for a career in a fashion industry?

Hi my name is Jennifer, I am a Glen Rose HS students, I am 17 years old and a junior. My strengths are being a good communicator, organizing and cleaning. I am interested in the fashion industry. In my spare time I like to organize. What other strengths or experiences might I need for a career...

#career #design #fashion-design #fashion

Giulianna L.’s Avatar
Giulianna L. Jul 26, 2019 178 views

What is it like being a fashion designer?

I have always wanted to be one, but im nervous im not passionate about it enough. What is it like? Is it very competitive? #fashion #fashion-design #design...

#art

kenzie J.’s Avatar
kenzie J. Jun 12, 2019 189 views
Mariela S.’s Avatar
Mariela S. May 01, 2019 150 views
Mariela S.’s Avatar
Mariela S. Apr 10, 2019 156 views
Gabby H.’s Avatar
Gabby H. Apr 08, 2019 185 views

Are there any really good colleges to go to for Fashion Design?

I plan on going into fashion design, and I'm struggling trying to find the right college to attend #fashion-design #college...

#fashion

Helena G.’s Avatar
Helena G. Jan 07, 2019 240 views
Eimee D.’s Avatar
Eimee D. Sep 28, 2018 361 views

I am planning on getting a Bachelors in Fashion Design, but was wondering if I could get apportunities at other various jobs with that?

For example if I were to have my bachelors in fashion would that only entitled me to jobs at farshion/garment making or could I have more options/choices on what I would like to based my work and skills at? #fashion #fashion-design...

#career

June P.’s Avatar
June P. Sep 27, 2018 290 views

Fashion Institute of Technology

Hello, I have a few questions that need answering. 1. If I want to pursue a fashion career, and want to attend into FIT. Should I have knowledge of ​how to create clothes, and make sketches, before applying? 2. What do you really do when volunteering into NYC Fashion Week? 3. What skills...

#design #career-details #fashion #fashion-design