Career Questions tagged Fashion Industry

Eimee D.’s Avatar
Eimee D. Jul 06, 2018 218 views

Can fashion designers sell their designs to companies with no ties afterwards?

I onced saw this on a Korean drama where a girl would sell her fashion designs to companies and they would pay her in return. It looked like the company was only interested in the design and wanted the designer to handed down the rigthst to own her design. I am just curious whether this...

#fashion #design #fashion-merchandising #fashion-design #fashion-industry

Graciela V.’s Avatar
Graciela V. Jan 17, 2018 406 views

Is it possible to pursue a career in Fashion Design and incorporate other pastimes?

This may be more of an obscure question, but there are multiple extracurricular activities I enjoy keeping up with and I hope to continue incorporating them into my schedule, even if only for college. Would you recommend or advise against packing in an occasional theatre production, choir, or...

#fashion #fashion-design #fashion-industry

Graciela V.’s Avatar
Graciela V. Jan 16, 2018 236 views

What is the best way to get a start in the Fashion industry with the eventual goal of starting your own business?

I am a senior in high school nearly 100% set for college with my major, orientation date, and all--but I'm unsure of how to get to the point of being a bridal fashion designer with my own business. I know the Fashion industry is generally a tough career to find a start in, especially concerning...

Leonela L.’s Avatar
Leonela L. Oct 25, 2017 357 views

Is the fashion industry a good career path for PR majors? What are the pros and cons? #publicrelations #fashionindustry

I am currently majoring in PR and I have always had a passion for fashion, makeup, traveling and the glamour life. Is it possible to make it big? What are some possible job opportunities if I want to work in that area? #public-relations...

#fashion-industry

Olivia L.’s Avatar
Olivia L. May 27, 2016 347 views

How hard is it finding an internship in an industry right out of college?

I want to go into the fashion industry, and I know mentor ships and apprenticeships are important. #fashion...

#fashion-industry

Destiny A.’s Avatar
Destiny A. Feb 08, 2017 401 views

Do you travel if you are a model?

Hey, my name is Destiny and I wanted to know because I like to be home. I can travel but i will miss my moms #modeling #fashion...

#fashion-industry

Destiny A.’s Avatar
Destiny A. Feb 08, 2017 444 views

Do you have to change your original appearance to be a model?

Hey my name is destiny and I like being myself. I know change is good, but I like my own hair and I don't want to cut it ! #modeling #model #fashion...

#fashion-industry

Desiree R.’s Avatar
Desiree R. Feb 09, 2017 378 views

What things you do to meet every standard?

I Am 15 years of age , 5'2 I am in 9th grade and I would love to become a fashion model one day later in life. I am asking this question because I want to know what to do and how could I become a future fashion model. #apparel-and-fashion #model #modeling #fashion...

#fashion-industry

Desiree R.’s Avatar
Desiree R. Feb 09, 2017 452 views

Where are some good modeling agencies?

I am 15 years old , I stay in laurinburg nc. Two years ago that's what I only talked about becoming is a fashion model. I Would like to know about them modeling agencies so I can go ahead and maybe start looking now. #fashion-shows #model #modelling #modeling #fashion...

#fashion-industry

Michael H.’s Avatar
Michael H. Aug 31, 2017 676 views

What are the basics of fashion merchandising?

I want to become a fashion merchandiser because I am very interested in clothing and creating my own brand. I believe you have to have a bachelor's degree in fashion merchandising to begin the career. What other steps should I take to help me pursue my career.#nextralphlauren...

#fashion #branding #fashion-industry #fashionmerchandiser #apparel-and-fashion #business-operations #business #imupnext

taajera J.’s Avatar
taajera J. Sep 01, 2017 241 views

What are the steps you take in life as a fashion designer to branch out and get noticed?

I am trying to get the best advice in life before I go into this field ive been dreaming of! #fashion #fashion-journalism #fashion-industry...

#fashion-photography

Nelly O.’s Avatar
Nelly O. Mar 27, 2015 658 views

Which colleges in London are perfect for combining fashion course and business management?

Im looming for colleges in London that are great for the business courses and fashion courses… especially near Southwark… Anyone knows? #college #business #fashion...

#fashion-industry