Career Questions tagged Branding

Alina R.’s Avatar
Alina R. Mar 20, 2018 470 views

What are some tips for a beginning entrepreneur to learn about branding

I am a grad student starting a health and environmentally conscious skin care line and need to figure out what my company will embody. What are some suggestions I can get to help guide me towards my ideal customer, what my brand stands for and how it's different than the rest. I really want it...

skincare startups start-ups entrepreneurship branding

Tanya M.’s Avatar
Tanya M. Feb 12, 2018 656 views

What are some relevant skills to stay competitive in the 21st century?

Would coding, trilingualism, graphic design, etc be relevant for marketing/PR/branding interns? Would this be something interns/students need to adopt in their skill set in order to stay competitive? If so, what kind of skills would you recommend, and why? recruiting communication-skills...

marketing public-relations branding

Tanya M.’s Avatar
Tanya M. Feb 12, 2018 568 views

What are some key positions or skills that would look good on a resume for business development/marketing internships?

I was wondering if things like language certificates, volunteer positions at smaller companies/charity organizations would look good, or anything else, for positions in business development or marketing/PR. Marketing would include brand consulting, communications/PR, consulting, etc....

brandconsulting resume-writing marketing internships resumebuilding public-relations branding

Michael H.’s Avatar
Michael H. Aug 31, 2017 937 views

What are the basics of fashion merchandising?

I want to become a fashion merchandiser because I am very interested in clothing and creating my own brand. I believe you have to have a bachelor's degree in fashion merchandising to begin the career. What other steps should I take to help me pursue my career.nextralphlauren...

business-operations fashion-industry branding apparel-and-fashion imupnext fashionmerchandiser fashion business

Galina B.’s Avatar
Galina B. Apr 14, 2017 954 views

How can I effectively use LinkedIn if I do not have many real-life connections?

I am a high school student and I created a LinkedIn account two years ago but I do not have much on my profile and only 4 connections. I am in school most of the time, so I do not have a lot of work or volunteering experience. My town is small and not a lot of people I associate with have a...

networking linkedin professional-development branding

Mario G.’s Avatar
Mario G. Feb 23, 2017 653 views

What do you need to study or what classes do you need to take in college in order to have your own brand business?

I have always wanted to have my own clothing brand, so this is something I have a lot of interest for and I am looking forward to pursuing a career in business. business fashion fashion-design branding clothing-design...

brand-development

lucie G.’s Avatar
lucie G. May 26, 2016 726 views

how i go about creating my own makeup brand?

i'm asking this question because in the future, i plan on creating my own cruelty free makeup brand. i want to create lipsticks that are unique and stylish. I want to be the owner and have the brand named after me . cosmetology makeup...

branding

Anina H.’s Avatar
Anina H. Apr 28, 2016 844 views

How did you define your personal brand?

I always hear people talking about how important it is to have a "personal brand". What exactly does this mean and how did you go about doing this? Do you have any advice for me? business branding...

personal-branding

Julea P.’s Avatar
Julea P. Feb 10, 2014 4619 views

What do brand managers actually do?

I think that something in marketing might be a good career choice for me. I thought that maybe I could start in customer service and work my way up to brand management, but maybe that's not the right way to reach my goal. But I would like to also know what a brand manager actually does every...

marketing marketing-and-advertising brand-management branding