Career Questions tagged Marketing And Advertising

Loren U.’s Avatar
Loren U. Jan 22 208 views

What are the most successful personal businesses in Georgia?

I've thought about going into clothing and fashion retail or real estate. My main goal is to manage and take control of a business that I'm passionate about but I also want to choose a market that will be successful in Georiga. Georiga # marketing apparel-and-fashion...

management marketing-and-advertising business

Dhani M.’s Avatar
Dhani M. May 13, 2018 376 views

What type of careers can you get into with a Mass Comm degree?

I'm trying to get more of an idea of what is out there for incoming freshman at my university. I am a mass comm major and I have received a few questions but they're not pertaining to my concentration within the major. tennesseestate masscommunications hbcus communications...

marketing-and-advertising

Ben  L.’s Avatar
Ben L. May 10, 2018 790 views

How do I get a job out of college as an account manager? What makes a successful advertising account manager?

I am graduating in December 2018 with a degree in Advertising from San Jose State University. I want to work in account management/client services in an advertising agency after graduation. I have a bit of familiarity with what this role entails and what the advertising industry is like....

sales advertising marketing-and-advertising business-development business

Ben  L.’s Avatar
Ben L. May 02, 2018 872 views

How do I move to a different job market?

I am based in the SF Bay Area. I am considering to move out of it after I graduate college with a degree in advertising. Some places I am considering are Seattle, Austin, Portland, or Los Angeles. I love the Bay Area but its really expensive to live here. I eventually want to get my own place...

travel advertising marketing-and-advertising business job-search-strategies sales business-development job-search relocation

Melanie G.’s Avatar
Melanie G. Jan 16, 2018 6052 views

What could you do with a fashion marketing degree?

I really want to take this major but i don't really understand what fashion marketing /merchandising involves ? marketing fashion-merchandising fashion marketing marketing-and-advertising...

apparel-and-fashion

Hanna L.’s Avatar
Hanna L. Feb 02, 2018 390 views

How easy/hard is it to find a job in architecture?

I am currently in between a few possible career options. How easy/hard is it to get a good paying job as an architect right out of college? How easy/hard is it to get a good paying job in the marketing field? How easy/hard is it to get a good paying job in the engineering field? architecture...

marketing-and-advertising engineering

Clarissa B.’s Avatar
Clarissa B. Jan 19, 2018 673 views

How do I decide what I want to do with my degree?

I am a marketing major, and I love it. However, marketing is such a broad spectrum, and there are so many different things I could do with a marketing degree. How do I evaluate where I would fit best in a marketing career? marketing marketing-career career-choice career-path...

marketing-and-advertising

Clarissa B.’s Avatar
Clarissa B. Jan 19, 2018 580 views

How do I apply my passion to my career?

I am a marketing major and I hope to have a career in the advertising or social media field. I am very passionate about human rights, equal opportunities, anti-racism, and women's rights. I would like to know how I can apply these types of themes into my career in a way that I can make a...

human-rights social-media-marketing social-activism marketing-and-advertising marketing empowering-women

Reginald T.’s Avatar
Reginald T. Jan 17, 2018 423 views

As an aspiring entrepreneur how much of my future is dictated by the stock market rather than actual product and marketing produced?

I’m asking because the chances of becoming a multimillionaire as an Entrepreneur rival that of making the NFl, so I wanted to know if early participation in the global stock market will raise my chances of success in the long run.business wealth stocks marketing-and-advertising product...

Kristine L.’s Avatar
Kristine L. Oct 25, 2017 1002 views

How do I pursue a career in social media?

Hello everyone, I am currently a junior in college majoring in Business Accounting and minoring in Public Relations. My interest has always been in social media, blogging, content management (I love writing), and a little bit of graphic design. I love being able to impact and influence other's...

social-media public-relations social-media-marketing marketing-and-advertising marketing communications blogging

Ben  L.’s Avatar
Ben L. Oct 02, 2017 930 views

How do I write a good cover letter?

I am applying to a bunch of internships for summer 2018 in the Advertising, Marketing, or Communications fields. If you have any advice that will help me land an internship in one of those fields please let me know! cover-letters resume marketing-and-advertising communications...

business

Stacia S.’s Avatar
Stacia S. Aug 31, 2017 1640 views

How important is grad school for a advertising degree?

Am currently in college as an advertising major and considering the option of grad school. Is it important or worth it to go and do it or just go out in the world and begin a job? gradschool advertising marketing-and-advertising...

graduate-programs

Paula R.’s Avatar
Paula R. Feb 10, 2016 2721 views

Should i try different jobs that are completely unrelated to my degree or go and find one that i really wanted?

So, i just recently moved here in states and i'm a fresh graduate with a degree in Bachelor in Advertising and Public Relations. I was blessed to moved here right after grad but unfortunately, i haven't been into the real world of advertising. I'm finding it hard to find a job that is an entry...

advertising advice marketing-and-advertising help career-details seattle depression personal-development giving-advice

Ben  L.’s Avatar
Ben L. Aug 10, 2017 3129 views

Are Udacity Nanodegrees in Digital Marketing worth it? Does it increase my employment chances?

I see some billboards around the Bay Area and Facebook/Instagram ads about this program. I am currently a senior at SJSU studying advertising. I am starting to plan for my life post college. I am willing to do anything to be more competitive in my career field. I either want to work in the...

marketing-and-advertising advertising

Ben  L.’s Avatar
Ben L. Aug 09, 2017 868 views

Where can I network with professionals outside of career fairs? Where can I network with professionals specifically in my future career field?

I am an advertising major at SJSU entering my 4th year and I want to start preparing for my life post-college. I want to get a job in the advertising industry. One the pieces of advice I hear a lot is "network with other people!" Where do I find these people? Also, I how do I find networking...

meeting-new-people network marketing-and-advertising job-search networking

melanie B.’s Avatar
melanie B. Aug 16, 2016 732 views

What are the top 3 skills or attributes employers look for in prospective public relations/press/advertising employees?

We all know the basics that employers look for: good work ethic, great listener, and skilled in their field. Are there any specific differences that employers look for in a press team? marketing-and-advertising...

personal-development

Angelina P.’s Avatar
Angelina P. Jul 10, 2017 3255 views

How much time do you have to make a first impression?

I know that first impressions matter, that they are extremely important. Does anyone know exactly how long you have to make a first impression? Thank you! marketing-and-advertising information-technology-and-services financial-services...

customer-service

Jeremiah D.’s Avatar
Jeremiah D. Oct 27, 2016 581 views

How did Botany change the way you see the world?

My name is Jay.D and I am aspiring to become a botanist and change the medical industry with my own company. I want to show people that their are natural and healthier ways to to heal yourself of even he deadliest diseases with taking the right herbs and taking care of your body....

marketing-and-advertising

Brittany P.’s Avatar
Brittany P. Apr 12, 2017 786 views

How do you identify what product you could possibly sell in a local market?

According to a little homework I've done, reading online about what it takes to become an entrepreneur, you don't need to have a fresh, or ground-breaking idea to become a rich entrepreneur (Wal-Mart, Starbucks). I would like to do something that correlates with my passion for all things good...

start-ups marketing-and-advertising marketing business entrepreneurship market-research marketing-strategy business-development

Laxmi P.’s Avatar
Laxmi P. Mar 26, 2017 9477 views

Is double majoring in marketing and finance a good idea?

I want to kind of work on both sides of marketing. Such as the creative side and the number side. I originally had a minor in art studio to be able to take some graphic design classes but that doesn't fit with my schedule. Do you think a double major in those two areas will help along with...

graphic-design advertising marketing-and-advertising marketing finance

Selma S.’s Avatar
Selma S. Mar 18, 2017 774 views

Which all subjects are required to find a job in the field of marketing? And is there any job in the commerce field which does not require math?

I'm new to this website, but I hope I can expect an answer soon :) My question is: In future, i want a job that does not require math, and im studying in the commerce field so i cannot do anything based on science. I find math really hard and I think it would be better off without math in 11th....

accounting mathematics math marketing-and-advertising marketing business

Ben  L.’s Avatar
Ben L. Feb 09, 2017 1438 views

How do I get good at cold calling?

I am a student at San Jose State. I just recently started on the advertising staff of our newspaper the Spartan Daily. My job is to cold call local businesses and have them place ads in the paper. I am comfortable talking on the phone so that is not a problem. However, I would love to learn...

sales advertising marketing-and-advertising marketing business cold-calling