Career Questions tagged Creative Writing

Devin R.’s Avatar
Devin R. Sep 16 81 views

What's a great way to not forgetting things?

Write it down on a piece of paper (OR just type it on a digital #creative-writing...

Jade S.’s Avatar
Jade S. Jul 31 87 views

What skills are the most desirable in a book editor?

I'm about to be a senior in college. I love college, and I try my hardest in classes, job, and extracurricular activities to develop as a person. I hope that the things I am learning help with being a book editor. What qualities do think are vital to being a good book editor? #july20...

#writing #creative-writing #book-editing #book-editor #publishing

Jade S.’s Avatar
Jade S. Jul 31 118 views

What are the difficulties in becoming/being a book editor?

I'm interested in being a book editor. I know that every career has its challenges, but because I don't have many book editors to talk to, I don't know what challenges book editors have. What difficulties happen in the job search and job itself? Thank you! #july20 #book-editor #book-editing...

#writing #creative-writing

Arhe V.’s Avatar
Arhe V. Jun 29 158 views

Where can I develop my writing skills while still making money for college?

I'm fresh out of high school, and I've been writing short, fictional stories for 3+ years now. I've done a bit of research and it seems like all of the quick money is in copywriting, article writing, or editing. I feel like I'm quite skilled at fictional writing, but I have no idea where to...

#author #college #writing #editing #copywriting #journalism #creative-writing #writer

Anthony H.’s Avatar
Anthony H. Apr 07 177 views

Are there any jobs for Creative Writing majors?

I'm a senior Creative Writing major at Stephen F. Austin State University. I'm close to my graduation date and I was wondering what possible jobs are out there for people in my degree field. #college #college-major #writing #creative-writing...

#job

Coleton H.’s Avatar
Coleton H. Apr 04 147 views
Ashley C.’s Avatar
Ashley C. Nov 16, 2019 206 views

How do I go about developing a published writing portfolio as a new writer?

If I've never published a book before, what are some good first steps? After all, not all writing now is in books but also short form media, copywriting, articles, etc. I've got a blog I'm updating regularly and I like connecting with my fellow writers. I genuinely both love and hate writing...

#journalism #florida #creative-writing #writer #author #polkcounty #writing

Emily G.’s Avatar
Emily G. Aug 02, 2019 142 views

What tips are out there for a new creative writing club?

This upcoming school year, I'll be a senior. I'm trying to build up a creative writing club so I can teach other students and share the same passion. What tips would others like to share of having a good creative writing club? #writing #creative-writing...

#new

Dylan J.’s Avatar
Dylan J. Jul 07, 2019 213 views
Lyzzie G.’s Avatar
Lyzzie G. Jun 30, 2019 162 views

What are the ways to make good money as a creative writer?

I am going to have an M.F.A. in Creative Writing, and ideally would like to use that degree to get paid to write fiction. #creative-writing #writing...

#author

Emily G.’s Avatar
Emily G. Jun 14, 2019 113 views

What should I take most advantage of at my writing summer programs?

I'm going to be taking a Great Books and Creative Writing summer program in a couple of weeks. I've been wondering what are some things that I should absolutely be doing to make sure I take full advantage of these programs? #writing #creative-writing...

#summer

Fayeth H.’s Avatar
Fayeth H. Apr 30, 2019 103 views
Trinity G.’s Avatar
Trinity G. Mar 08, 2019 151 views

Creative Equipment

What is the best tech for writers? I've been told that you need special programs to help fact-check, plaigarize-check, etc. Is this true? And if so, does this tech really help? #writing #creative-writing #author #writer...

#tech

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Jan 14, 2019 345 views

Which is better: continuing to work a job you've grown to dislike because it is advantageous for you career-wise, or finding a new job that you genuinely enjoy?

I've always believed that if you pursue a career you love, then you'll never work a day in your life, so I've followed my dreams and have always planned to pursue my passion, even if it might not result in the most high-paying job. This passion is writing. However, throughout the years, I've...

#career-path #college #writing #career-choice #career-counseling #advice #following-your-passions #creative-writing #student-advice #career-planning #work-life-balance #publishing #writing-and-editing #career-help #job #work #editing #student #journalism #help #technical-writing #career-advice #career

Amber K.’s Avatar
Amber K. Aug 29, 2018 239 views

How to write a good personal statement?

Applying for college application is stressful. How to I think of good answers to essay questions? #college...

#creative-writing

Carlos L.’s Avatar
Carlos L. Aug 22, 2018 257 views

I don't know what to write in my college essay

I can't think of anything interesting in my life that'll be beneficial for writing a college essay. #writing...

#creative-writing

Destiny W.’s Avatar
Destiny W. Aug 14, 2018 295 views

What’s the best way to improve on your writing skills ex. Essay

I normally don’t struggle to write, because once I have and idea it all goes fine. I just have trouble coming up with new and exciting things to write about when it comes to personal essays, college essays etc. if you know of any good way to improve my writing as far as vocabulary or formatting...

#journalism #creative-writing #general #author #writing

Hannah N.’s Avatar
Hannah N. Aug 12, 2018 304 views
Cerissa D.’s Avatar
Cerissa D. Aug 10, 2018 269 views
Jennifer B.’s Avatar
Jennifer B. Jul 12, 2018 380 views

How likely is it that I will want to switch my major?

I'm interested in Early Childhood Education mostly. I'm also interested in Creative Writing and Psychology. #senior #senioritis #nervous #major #double-major #psychology...

#creative-writing

Valerie B.’s Avatar
Valerie B. May 17, 2018 315 views

If I were to pursue a major in creative writing, what kind of job opportunities would that open up?

I'm asking this because I am uncertain of the type of jobs that make a major in creative writing useful. #creative-writing #college-major #college-advice...

#job-search

Valerie B.’s Avatar
Valerie B. May 17, 2018 374 views

Is it really important to study what you want in college or study something that will provide stable financial standings in the long run?

I'm asking this question because I love to write and would adore a major in creative writing however, being a psychologist supplies a solid monetary standing. #psychology #creative-writing #college...

#college-major

Empris D.’s Avatar
Empris D. Jan 24, 2018 290 views

How do I, a young writer, pitch my book to publishers?

I am a writer and I would like to pitch my book of poetry to publishers. Which publishers are most open to publishing new, young writers? #creative-writing #poetry...

#publishing

Arabela R.’s Avatar
Arabela R. Jan 23, 2018 284 views

What advice would you give to someone hoping to enter the creative writing field?

All of my friends refer to me as very creative and I do like to write poems and short stories. Thus, I chose creative writing as a major. I would be fine with any sort of career that involved creating writing. I'm open to any advice at all....

#creative-writing

ajay W.’s Avatar
ajay W. Jan 22, 2018 395 views

i can't decide what career should i go into

I love photography and want to be a photographer when I'm older but I also love writing and consider that. what should I do? #photography #digital-photography #writing...

#creative-writing

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Jan 21, 2018 432 views

What is a day in the life of an editor like?

My dream career is to be a fiction author, but I know it's not really a financially-stable career, so I've been thinking of being an editor because I really, really love editing writing. I think I have an eye for it since I've always been the one that my peers come to for proofreading and...

#writing-and-editing #novels #books #author #writing #editing #creative-writing #editor #writer #writers #publishing

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Jan 21, 2018 435 views

Can you get an internship at a publishing company?

I'm not in college yet, so it might be a little early for me to be asking, but I'd really like to be a copy editor for books and I was wondering if I could get an internship at a publishing company in the future, to scope out the environment and get more experience with the job. Will I have...

#writing-and-editing #novels #publishing-company #copy-editing #novel-writing #books #writing #editing #internships #interns #creative-writing #internship #editor #publishing