Career Questions tagged Creative Writing

Deanna R.’s Avatar
Deanna R. May 18, 2016 443 views

What business advice do you have for a student pursuing an MFA in Creative Writing?

I am a writer with little talent for business. The publishing industry is a tough one to find entry into and I'm open to advice. #writing #author #editor #creative-writing #agent...

#published

Ayana D.’s Avatar
Ayana D. May 22, 2016 504 views

How do I select a major that will benefit me in the long run?

I lot of people that I know who graduated college have degrees in fields that have absolutely no correlation to their jobs. I don't want to make that same mistake. I plan on double majoring in Math and Creative Writing. #math #majors #degrees...

#creative-writing

Carolyn B.’s Avatar
Carolyn B. May 18, 2016 685 views

What jobs besides fiction author could I use an English degree with specialization in creative writing for?

I've always had narrow interest revolving around fictional/fantasy ideas but I know that it's rather difficult to become successful in that area though I will try. I want to have some sort of back up plan if things don't work out for me that has at least some of my interest involved. #english...

#writer #creative-writing #future-careers #fiction-writing

Theresa J.’s Avatar
Theresa J. May 09, 2016 724 views

Did college help you become a better writer?

Hi, I am an aspiring writer and I am taking college-course writing classes and I am wondering if, as a writing, your college literature and writing courses benefited you any. And if so, which benefited you more: the study and analysis of literature, or the enhancing of your writing skills in...

#creative-writing #author #literature

Robyn C.’s Avatar
Robyn C. May 05, 2016 712 views

Is it hard to get writing jobs?

I love creative writing, but I don't know if there are any real career opportunities using a Creative Writing or English degree. #writing #author #writer #creative-writing...

#freelance-writing

Eveul Jr E.’s Avatar
Eveul Jr E. May 05, 2016 518 views

How will I recieve scholarships for Poetry?

I have a special passion and I want to pursue a career as a poet and a rapper #creative-writing...

#poetry

Mariel O.’s Avatar
Mariel O. May 05, 2016 633 views

Benefits of writing classes

I hope to be a published author one day, not as my main job, since I don't think I could make a living off my writing, and I was wondering if writing classes are worth the time and money. My thought is that reading constantly and writing often is the best way to improve my writing. Will...

#teacher #creative-writing #author #writing

Bryant A.’s Avatar
Bryant A. Feb 18, 2015 760 views

What Kind Of Connections Does One Need To Get A Job In Creative Writing?

I Am A Junior In Highschool And I'm Very Interested In Creative Writing. I Have Heard Of Numerous People Who Are Also Interested In That Field But It Came To My Attention That People With The Best Connections Are More Likely To Get A Job And A Living With Their Writing. #job #journalism...

#creative-writing #writing #connections

Kamilah S.’s Avatar
Kamilah S. Sep 02, 2015 917 views

What are some great colleges for Journalism in northen California

Hi! I'm a senior interested in journalism and communications and I'm getting ready to apply for colleges. I was wondering what colleges in California were great for a journalism major. I was considering USC, however, I want to know more about colleges in northern California. Thanks! #college...

#creative-writing #journalist

Ady G.’s Avatar
Ady G. Jun 23, 2015 666 views

what is the creative-writing program at New York University like?

I'm a junior at Galileo high school and I want to join the creative-writing program because I like to write and major in it. #creative-writing...

#new-york-university

Chris G.’s Avatar
Chris G. Apr 09, 2014 849 views

what would be the easiest way to have your work published

I often write short stories and I would love to have one actually published. Does anyone know how I can get this to happen? #creative-writing...

#publishing

Walner D.’s Avatar
Walner D. Apr 07, 2014 1128 views

How much does someone with a creative writing major make right out of college?

Hello, I am a junior in high school and I've been putting a lot of thought into what I want to major in in college. Since a child, I've always put priority into a career I am interested in rather than the amount of money I make; however, I've realized that I should also place money as an...

#creative-writing

Gregory B.’s Avatar
Gregory B. Mar 28, 2014 1051 views

Creative Writing Day In the Life

How is the day of the life as a writer? Is it hard to get jobs to do. I have already started writing books but they are not completed yet, so is that a good start? #english...

#creative-writing

Gregory B.’s Avatar
Gregory B. Mar 28, 2014 1143 views

Grad School

How much will grad school cost? #psychology #philosophy...

#creative-writing