Career Questions tagged Aerospace

Sage B.’s Avatar
Sage B. Jan 16, 2018 327 views

What are the different branches of Astronomy that I can go into?

That is the career I would like to go into, so knowing what I can do to be prepared would be very helpful. #astronomy #aerospace #science #stem...

#physics

Ashley T.’s Avatar
Ashley T. Jan 23, 2018 381 views

Are there aerospace engineering related summer internships for high school juniors?

I've been searching for an internship since last summer but I couldn't seem to find any closeby or any that accepted high school students who aren't graduating seniors. I've checked JPL since it's pretty close but they aren't accepting high school interns anymore. Are there any available to...

#fellowships #high-school-students #engineering #aerospace #aerospace-engineering #mentors #engineer #internships

Ashley T.’s Avatar
Ashley T. Jan 23, 2018 236 views

How likely is it to get a job in Aerospace Engineering?

I heard recently that there are very limited jobs open in the engineering field and especially less when it comes to aerospace so there is a really high chance of not even getting a job related to the field at all. If I decided to major in aerospace engineering, what is the likelihood of...

#engineering #aerospace #aerospace-engineering #job-search #college-major

Christopher O.’s Avatar
Christopher O. Jan 22, 2018 317 views

What are the major engineering job locations?

For those who are in the engineering work force, where do you all live? Do most engineers live in major cities, or more in the suburbs? I don't really want to live in a big city, but I am worried that that will hinder my choices at getting a job, at least a first job. Do any of you all live in...

#engineering #aerospace #first-job

Henry S.’s Avatar
Henry S. Jan 16, 2018 247 views

What Does Career Entry After Military Service Look Like?

I'm currently looking at getting a Bachelor's in Aerospace Engineer before commissioning as an Air Force officer. If I were to get out after ~4-10 years, would I find myself at any major disadvantage for when looking for a job? Or would it be better to go for a full 20 years? #military...

#aerospace #air-force-officer

Sangeetha M.’s Avatar
Sangeetha M. Apr 28, 2016 768 views

What job opportunities are there for studying Aeronautical Engineering?

Hi. I am doing my 10th Std in Tamil Nadu. If i would select Aeronautical Engineer. Can u tell some of the Job opportunities regarding the same. To know once if i complete my studies will i get immediate job in the same. Or to do any higher studies? #engineer #professor #aerospace-engineering...

#aerospace #aeronautics

Sammy G.’s Avatar
Sammy G. Sep 27, 2017 456 views

What should I major in if I am interested in space, and working at NASA, and also discovering other galaxies, life outside of earth, and planets?

I've always been extremely interested in outer space, and life outside of earth. I don't want to be an astronaut, but rather be a worker at NASA helping discover/research other planets. #outerspace #nasa #aerospace...

#astronomy

Jennifer S.’s Avatar
Jennifer S. Oct 30, 2016 680 views

I was wondering if anybody in their respective careers could take the time in answering these questions as best as they can...

The reason I'm doing this is because I'm curious, I love learning about different people and their backgrounds and what their careers are like! 1.)Where do you work? (Provide a name of the company and a description) 2.) Number of years working in this career? 3.)What exactly is your career?...

#science #engineering #design #architecture #computer-software #aerospace #financial-planning #business #personal-development #medicine #career-details

mohamed A.’s Avatar
mohamed A. Jul 10, 2017 541 views

can someone with a Bs in renewable energy engineering or communications and informations engineering do a master in propulsion and become a propulsion engineer ?

hi , I'm going to college soon so i have to choose what major i'm going to study... I'm passionate about rockets and spacecrafts so i want to study aerospace engineering but the problem is that in my country there is a few aerospace programs and they're poor in quality... so now i think i have...

#renewable-energy #aerospace #telecommunications #career-details

Carmen M.’s Avatar
Carmen M. May 15, 2016 365 views
Antonio M.’s Avatar
Antonio M. May 20, 2016 301 views

What types of pathways and experiences in Aerospace/Astronautical Engineering can you assist with?

this is the field that I am going into and I know I as well as others would rather get the main information i need as quickly as possible. #college #science #aerospace #astrophysics...

#astronautical

Deva nagaraj S.’s Avatar
Deva nagaraj S. Apr 21, 2016 604 views

which is best field to work better?.

I'm interested in electronics and electrical #science #engineer #aerospace #aeronautics #electronics...

#electrical

Anh N.’s Avatar
Anh N. Oct 29, 2016 770 views

Is it hard to find an aerospace engineering job?

I want to set a better goal for my future. #engineering #aerospace-engineering...

#aerospace

Amit C.’s Avatar
Amit C. Nov 14, 2016 741 views

For an undergrad freshmen students, how can they get internships in their related fields. Is it possible to get internship in the first year without any experience or broad knowledge?

I am an engineering student who want to make career in aeronautical engineering. I want to make my base strong and know as much as i can but the problem is i don't have much knowledge in this field. Also, i have heard we can get experience and practical knowledge from internships....

#aerospace #aviation #aeronautics #mechanical-engineering

Matthew S.’s Avatar
Matthew S. Oct 30, 2016 622 views

What is in the daily life of an aerospace engineer like?

Hey all, I've looking in majoring in mechanical engineering in college, but I'm also looking to have a concentration or a minor in aerospace. My friend's father is an aerospace engineer and he has told me much about what he does, but I was hoping to get multiple answers. Thanks!...

#aerospace #aerospace-engineering

Jordan W.’s Avatar
Jordan W. Oct 29, 2016 1330 views

How hard is it to maintain a family life as a pilot

I'm aware that pilots not only have a dangerous job, but a demanding one. How hard is it to maintain a relationship with a spouse, children, and extended family while spending hundreds of hours in the air #aviation #aerospace #family #aircraft #pilots...

#flight

Jordan W.’s Avatar
Jordan W. Oct 29, 2016 399 views

What are some colleges that offer courses in helicopter flight/maintenance as opposed to planes

I live very close to Middle Tennessee State Univesity which has several courses speacialing in small planes, and I know dozens of other colleges cover generic aerospace. However, my interest lays in rotary wing craft and google searches have come up void. #aviation #aerospace #pilots #flight...

#helicopters

Nancy D.’s Avatar
Nancy D. Oct 28, 2016 399 views

Does an Aerospace engineer figure out how planes can be made better? What classes should I take for this career I want to be part of?

I joined a STEM program last month and we created robots, I thought it was create. Then during break there was a aerospace information table. I just love how they work with planes. I also love traveling in planes. I also got interested in this field when my friends dad came to my school to talk...

#aerospace #planes #aerospace-engineering

Jacob T.’s Avatar
Jacob T. Oct 27, 2016 525 views

What is it like working for a high level institution such as NASA?

It's my ultimate goal to find myself there or at SpaceX. What's it like? #aerospace #astronomy #nasa...

#spacex

Jacob T.’s Avatar
Jacob T. Oct 27, 2016 484 views

How could I find myself working at a place like the Department of Defense or NASA?

Working for either of those two institutions would be a dream come true, especially if I could make it to NASA. I want to contribute to humanity's quest for space travel. #engineering #aerospace #nasa...

#dod

Tyler M.’s Avatar
Tyler M. Oct 26, 2016 537 views

Does anybody know what the specialty is when the aerospace engineer designs the engines for the planes?

I want to design the engines for aircraft but don't know what area I should specialize in. #engineering #aerospace-engineering #aerospace...

#aeronautics

Kai C.’s Avatar
Kai C. Oct 26, 2016 562 views

Is there a merit selecting an Applied Physics/ Engineering Physics major over a mechanical or aerospace engineering major career wise in the future? Which offers more critical problem-solving requirements for these jobs?

As a student primarily interested in math, physics, and engineering, I constantly wonder which major I should decide. I have loved the necessary logic and problem solving required in some of the math and physics courses I take in high school but always consider if engineering is the right major...

#physics #mechanical-engineering #applied-mathematics #engineering #aerospace #aerospace-engineering #math

Lucy S.’s Avatar
Lucy S. Oct 24, 2016 545 views

What are some good colleges for aerospace engineering?

I want to pursue aerospace engineering, and I want to do what's best for my future. I know I can look at rankings online, but what aspects of colleges should I really be looking at to determine what's best for me? #engineering #experience #aerospace...

#in

Lucy S.’s Avatar
Lucy S. Oct 24, 2016 671 views

Will aerospace engineers go to Mars?

It's one of my biggest dreams to have our species one day make it to the red planet, and I'm hoping as an aerospace engineering, I will get to take part in the mission. #engineering #experience #aerospace #nasa...

#specifically

Lucy S.’s Avatar
Lucy S. Oct 24, 2016 350 views

How did you decide which sector of aerospace engineering you wanted to pursue (aero or astro)?

Aerospace engineering can be a very broad career topic, but is split into two different tracks. Thinking about my career in aerospace engineering worries me that I will have difficulty deciding on my track. #engineering #experience #aerospace...

#in

Lucy S.’s Avatar
Lucy S. Oct 24, 2016 379 views

Aerospace Engineering is a tough field. Is it overwhelming at times? If so, how have you handled it? and would you recommend this route?

Aerospace engineering can be a daunting career, as it is intellectually challenging. I know that it can be time consuming, but I do not know to what extent. #engineering #experience #aerospace...

#in

Lucy S.’s Avatar
Lucy S. Oct 24, 2016 523 views

What is a day in the life of an aerospace engineer all about?

I plan on becoming an aerospace engineer, and I know that jobs in the real field vary quite a bit. I have talked to a few people about their jobs as aerospace engineers, but I would like to have a full spectrum of experience. #engineering #experience #aerospace...

#with

John R.’s Avatar
John R. Oct 22, 2016 801 views

Is it more important to get a degree in Aerospace Engineering, or is Mechanical Engineering sufficient?

Do I need to make sure my school offers a degree in Aerospace Engineering? Mechanical Engineering is much more common. I want to go into the Aerospace and Aeronautics field when I graduate, and I want to do everything I can to ensure my success. #engineering #mechanical-engineering...

#aerospace #aerospace-engineering #mechanical-engineer #aeronautics

John R.’s Avatar
John R. Oct 22, 2016 642 views

I want to get into Aerospace Engineering. Is a 4-year degree enough to get started?

What else should I plan on doing if I want a career in aerospace engineering? Do I need an internship? Do I need to plan on an advanced degree? #engineering #mechanical-engineering #airline-industry #aerospace-engineering #mechanical-engineer #aerospace...

#aeronautics