Career Questions tagged Mentalhealth

Sacha C.’s Avatar
Sacha C. Apr 13 155 views

The best way to become a Psychological Well-Being Practitioner

I am a student studying Psychology (Counselling and Mental Health) at Southampton Solent University, aspiring initially to become a Psychological Well-Being Practitioner #psychology #health #mentalhealth...

#student

Lailaa E.’s Avatar
Lailaa E. Oct 23, 2019 140 views

What part(s) of the year or season(s) are the hardest or easiest to work in?

As with everything, seasons and year times change people and things happen. Knowing these two things would really help me out. #counselor #mentalhealth #job #college #psychology #career...

#career-choice

Lailaa E.’s Avatar
Lailaa E. Oct 23, 2019 171 views

What would say are the hardest parts of your job?

Knowing the challenges one may face going into this career will definitely help me make a decision. #counselor #job #mentalhealth #career #career-counseling...

#career-choice

Lailaa E.’s Avatar
Lailaa E. Oct 23, 2019 142 views

What are the best/most fulfilling parts of your job?

Knowing the good that can come from a job in this profession would really help me to understand if I’m up for the challenge. #counselor #mentalhealth #psychology #career...

#career-counseling

M Q.’s Avatar
M Q. Apr 28, 2018 198 views

Are there any scholarships or grants that cover my mental health services fees?

I suffer from acute anxiety and I would love to keep my current therapist to help me with the transition from being a full time worker to being a full time student. I'd like to know if there is any money available to cover this necessary service. #mentalhealth #anxiety...

#undocumented

Rachel J.’s Avatar
Rachel J. Mar 16, 2018 369 views

How to succeed in medical school

I am planning on attending medical school but have heard that it can be mentally and emotionally draining. What is the best advice for not only doing well academically but also being mentally healthy in medical school? #medicine #medicalschool...

#mentalhealth

Allison B.’s Avatar
Allison B. Mar 15, 2018 305 views

What job opportunities/prospects and environments are available to someone with a Bachelor's of Science in Applied Psychology?

I know that I could probably work in a hospital, or a therapist's/psychologist's office. I would like to know if there are any jobs where I would be mobile or could make housecalls or videochat with patients who cannot make it to an office building or perhaps are in another country? (There...

#mentalhealth #psychologydegree #psychologymajor #psychology

Allison B.’s Avatar
Allison B. Mar 15, 2018 273 views

What do I need to become a psychologist or mental health professional?

I want to know what kind of degree is needed to become a psychologist. I have searched the internet for answers to this quite a few times, and the answers range anywhere from a 4 - year Bachelor's degree to a M.A. or even a PhD. I would also like to know what kind of degree is generally...

#psychologist #psychology #mentalhealth #mentalhealthawareness #psychotherapy #clincial-mental-health #mentalhealthprofessional

Barret B.’s Avatar
Barret B. Jan 23, 2018 284 views

Working a job can be stressful, what do you think are important aspects of self-care.

I believe I can speak for a lot of people in that people my age believe that there will be no jobs in the market by the time we graduate. It's probable that recent graduates may have to work in a job outside of the field they studied in while they look for a job in the field they want. What do...

#mentalhealth #burnout #selfcare

Jeniel Z.’s Avatar
Jeniel Z. Jan 20, 2018 340 views

Ways to cope with anxiety in college?

I struggle a lot with anxiety in school, especially when I get stressed out. It's been so bad my junior year that I had to drop a lot of extra-curriculars and one of my harder classes. Although it's been slowly getting better, I'm very concerned about the toll it will take on me once I hit...

#college #anxiety-management #mentalhealth #anxiety #stress

Jolivette W.’s Avatar
Jolivette W. Jan 18, 2018 226 views

What should be the focus for a psychology student who hopes to impact the mental healthcare of disabled and homebound persons?

I am perusing a psychology degree to become a mental health professional. I hope to offer virtual counseling and other help online for disabled persons like myself or people who may be home-bound. I am interested to know if the mental health profession is working toward helping these type of...

#mentalhealth #disability-awareness #everyonedeservescare