Career Questions tagged Mentalhealth

Bobbi H.’s Avatar
Bobbi H. Oct 12 97 views

What can I be doing right now to build my resume for mental health field employers?

I know that I want to go into the mental health field, but due to confidentiality issues, I see that I may not be able to job shadow. What else can I be doing now other than school? career mentalhealth...

opportunity

Angel N.’s Avatar
Angel N. Jun 28 117 views

Hello, my name is Angel and I am currently seeking a job and work experience in the mental health department or any department where i help and interact with people.

I'm in my first year of university, studying Bachelor of Arts. I am passionate about mental health and helping people become better versions of themselves. I aspire to help people and ensure those I come in contact with are in a better place emotionally, mentally and spiritually. I'd love to...

psychology mentalhealth healthcare casemanager career

Ramsey P.’s Avatar
Ramsey P. Dec 07, 2020 508 views

What's the best major/career for me?

I have been trying to find a major/career that suits me for a while, but nothing seems to stick because I have so many interests. I recently graduated from Clayton State University with my Associate of Arts in Integrative Studies and I will be graduating from high school in May. I plan to...

management mentalhealth college healthcare business science math career education

Jordan W.’s Avatar
Jordan W. Sep 04, 2020 218 views
Sacha C.’s Avatar
Sacha C. Apr 13, 2020 298 views

The best way to become a Psychological Well-Being Practitioner

I am a student studying Psychology (Counselling and Mental Health) at Southampton Solent University, aspiring initially to become a Psychological Well-Being Practitioner psychology health mentalhealth...

student

Lailaa E.’s Avatar
Lailaa E. Oct 23, 2019 319 views

What part(s) of the year or season(s) are the hardest or easiest to work in?

As with everything, seasons and year times change people and things happen. Knowing these two things would really help me out. counselor mentalhealth job college psychology career...

career-choice

Lailaa E.’s Avatar
Lailaa E. Oct 23, 2019 380 views

What would say are the hardest parts of your job?

Knowing the challenges one may face going into this career will definitely help me make a decision. counselor job mentalhealth career career-counseling...

career-choice

Lailaa E.’s Avatar
Lailaa E. Oct 23, 2019 335 views

What are the best/most fulfilling parts of your job?

Knowing the good that can come from a job in this profession would really help me to understand if I’m up for the challenge. counselor mentalhealth psychology career...

career-counseling

M Q.’s Avatar
M Q. Apr 28, 2018 338 views

Are there any scholarships or grants that cover my mental health services fees?

I suffer from acute anxiety and I would love to keep my current therapist to help me with the transition from being a full time worker to being a full time student. I'd like to know if there is any money available to cover this necessary service. mentalhealth anxiety...

undocumented

Rachel J.’s Avatar
Rachel J. Mar 16, 2018 505 views

How to succeed in medical school

I am planning on attending medical school but have heard that it can be mentally and emotionally draining. What is the best advice for not only doing well academically but also being mentally healthy in medical school? medicine medicalschool...

mentalhealth

Allison B.’s Avatar
Allison B. Mar 15, 2018 422 views

What job opportunities/prospects and environments are available to someone with a Bachelor's of Science in Applied Psychology?

I know that I could probably work in a hospital, or a therapist's/psychologist's office. I would like to know if there are any jobs where I would be mobile or could make housecalls or videochat with patients who cannot make it to an office building or perhaps are in another country? (There...

psychology mentalhealth psychologydegree psychologymajor

Allison B.’s Avatar
Allison B. Mar 15, 2018 405 views

What do I need to become a psychologist or mental health professional?

I want to know what kind of degree is needed to become a psychologist. I have searched the internet for answers to this quite a few times, and the answers range anywhere from a 4 - year Bachelor's degree to a M.A. or even a PhD. I would also like to know what kind of degree is generally...

psychology psychologist mentalhealth clincial-mental-health mentalhealthprofessional mentalhealthawareness psychotherapy

Barret B.’s Avatar
Barret B. Jan 23, 2018 404 views

Working a job can be stressful, what do you think are important aspects of self-care.

I believe I can speak for a lot of people in that people my age believe that there will be no jobs in the market by the time we graduate. It's probable that recent graduates may have to work in a job outside of the field they studied in while they look for a job in the field they want. What do...

selfcare mentalhealth burnout

Jeniel Z.’s Avatar
Jeniel Z. Jan 20, 2018 592 views

Ways to cope with anxiety in college?

I struggle a lot with anxiety in school, especially when I get stressed out. It's been so bad my junior year that I had to drop a lot of extra-curriculars and one of my harder classes. Although it's been slowly getting better, I'm very concerned about the toll it will take on me once I hit...

anxiety-management anxiety college mentalhealth stress

Jolivette W.’s Avatar
Jolivette W. Jan 18, 2018 323 views

What should be the focus for a psychology student who hopes to impact the mental healthcare of disabled and homebound persons?

I am perusing a psychology degree to become a mental health professional. I hope to offer virtual counseling and other help online for disabled persons like myself or people who may be home-bound. I am interested to know if the mental health profession is working toward helping these type of...

mentalhealth everyonedeservescare disability-awareness