Career Questions tagged Author

Aaron N.’s Avatar
Aaron N. Apr 11 100 views

i have a question for writers who have published work - what were some challenges that you faced during the process of becoming a writer and publishing your own work and what advice would you give to someone who wishes to become a writer? also have another question for artistic people who make art expressing their work through sculptures or paintings or drawings - what made you want to take this career path and how hard has it been? and do you feel like people don't appreciate art enough in our communities and also what advice do you have for someone who wants to become an artist?

i am really passionate about writing and all forms of art. i struggle a little bit because i feel like i want to do so many things but feeling like i won't be able to do all of those things if i just stick to one career path , so i just want some advice to better help me who's a junior in...

Hope L.’s Avatar
Hope L. Mar 02 101 views

How do you become a successful writer?

#writing #author #creative-writing

Hope L.’s Avatar
Hope L. Mar 02 106 views

What is the most difficult part about being a writer?

#writing #author

kelvin T.’s Avatar
kelvin T. Feb 14 138 views

describe a difficult writing task in school and what you did to complete the task

#writing #task #problem #difficult #essay #article #school #class #college # #writer #author

Zeeshan R.’s Avatar
Zeeshan R. Jan 13 213 views

what are the best copy writing examples?

#writing #journalism #writer #college #author

Zeeshan R.’s Avatar
Zeeshan R. Jan 12 341 views

what is copy writing?

#copywriting #writing #author #writer #medical-school

Zeeshan R.’s Avatar
Zeeshan R. Dec 29, 2021 1388 views

what are the basic content writing steps?

#writing #author #writer #college

David C.’s Avatar
David C. Nov 19, 2021 332 views

What skills that requires me to become a writer?

#writing #author

Kalysta L.’s Avatar
Kalysta L. Oct 19, 2021 194 views

How do books get published?

One thing I never understood is how books get published after writing them, does anyone know what happens? Thanks!

#author #writing #publishing

Janelle S.’s Avatar
Janelle S. Jun 30, 2021 241 views

How to become a writer?

I love writing very much and my dream goal is to become a writer in the future, but I don't know where to start. #journalism #writing #author

andre T.’s Avatar
andre T. Jun 24, 2021 193 views

How do you become a writer for tv show, movie, games, books.

How to you become a successful writer? currently working on a fictional book now. #author #writing #creative-writing

Sofia D.’s Avatar
Sofia D. Jun 08, 2021 305 views

What careers involve creative writing?

#creative-writing #writing #journalism #writer #author

joshua F.’s Avatar
joshua F. Jun 02, 2021 195 views

What should my career goal be?

I like to write stories. #author

Sara R.’s Avatar
Sara R. Apr 22, 2021 429 views

How do I get a living by writing books - should I also have a side job?

I wrote a book and am working on the second in a series. How do authors get a living by writing because I don't really want to become an editor, agent, or anything like that. I just want to write books. Should I also get a side job?
#writing #author #jobs

Sara R.’s Avatar
Sara R. Apr 22, 2021 433 views

What is it like to be an author (just plain writing books)?

I have already written a book and want to know what publishers would accept a kid author, if there is job stability, or if it should just be a hobby and not my main job at first. #author #professional #jobs #people

candice S.’s Avatar
candice S. Apr 07, 2021 450 views

can a student get a full-time job?

Very good character with a great personality. Disciplined and respectful. Hard worker and determined. Leader and Team worker. Punctual and prompt. Ambitious and Determined. Hands on and co-operative. Good grammar and communication skills. #career #business #fun #sonogram #artist #fashion...

Amaiya A.’s Avatar
Amaiya A. Feb 24, 2021 239 views

What's something about the writing industry new writers should know?

I'm a Sophmore in high school who is very determined to get into the writing industry with an urban fiction novel I'm working on. I'm the type of person who likes to know everything I can about something before going forward so what are some things that I, as a new writer, should know about the...

Amaiya A.’s Avatar
Amaiya A. Feb 24, 2021 344 views

What are the best college majors for pursuing a writing career?

I'm a sophmore in highschool who is very passionate about writing! In fact, its the only thing I want to do all day, everyday forever! But as I get closer to graduating and thinking about college, I'm not sure which majors would be best for me to take in order to enhance my writing skills. So...

KOWSALYA T.’s Avatar
KOWSALYA T. Dec 30, 2020 242 views

how to become an author

#author for a book

Kendal C.’s Avatar
Kendal C. Oct 19, 2020 280 views

What’s the hardest part of being anesthesiologist

Do you have to do anything that’s particularly difficult to you ?#anesthesiologist #author

Arhe V.’s Avatar
Arhe V. Jun 29, 2020 970 views

Where can I develop my writing skills while still making money for college?

I'm fresh out of high school, and I've been writing short, fictional stories for 3+ years now. I've done a bit of research and it seems like all of the quick money is in copywriting, article writing, or editing. I feel like I'm quite skilled at fictional writing, but I have no idea where to...

Ashley A.’s Avatar
Ashley A. Mar 28, 2020 608 views

Any advice on getting a book published?

I write fiction. My dream is to get published someday. #writing #books #author #fiction #writer #book #published

KAREN L.’s Avatar
KAREN L. Mar 21, 2020 379 views

Given that being a writer might mean that one would earn little income, should people still pursue writing as a career?

#writing #author #creative-writing What jobs to land on with a degree in creative writing?

Tanu N.’s Avatar
Tanu N. Feb 08, 2020 2753 views

I want to be an movie/tv actress and lawyer at the same time!

I’ve been wanting to be an actress since I was 3. I can also dance, I’ve loved it since I was 3. I can sort of sing. Drama is my favorite class at school. But I need something else just in case, so I plan to graduate in law and be a lawyer. I am also passionate in law, but it is a recent...

Madison P.’s Avatar
Madison P. Nov 22, 2019 370 views

How do I begin networking to become a writer/editor for novels?

I am a young writer trying to figure out how to kick it off as a career. #writing #communication #author #journalism

Ashley C.’s Avatar
Ashley C. Nov 16, 2019 417 views

How do I go about developing a published writing portfolio as a new writer?

If I've never published a book before, what are some good first steps? After all, not all writing now is in books but also short form media, copywriting, articles, etc. I've got a blog I'm updating regularly and I like connecting with my fellow writers. I genuinely both love and hate writing...

alexis C.’s Avatar
alexis C. Nov 14, 2019 355 views

what classes should i take in high school to help me become a lawyer

i like arguing, money, and i play volleyball and soccer. i take two ap classes ap government and english i’m also good at math. i don’t do well in science but i’m really good at art and drawing. #college #art #writing #dance #author

Ray K.’s Avatar
Ray K. Oct 13, 2019 377 views

How can I become a journalist/author/writer for psychology research?

I am a high school senior with a passion for psychology and a knack for writing. I am looking to major in psychology. Should I minor or dual major in English, or another field? What else do I need to pursue in order to accomplish this? #psychology #college-major #english #research-psychology...

Lyzzie G.’s Avatar
Lyzzie G. Jun 30, 2019 589 views

What are affordable ways I can become proficient in online self-marketing?

I have a website, but because of my lack of technological know-how, it’s pretty lame. I’m looking for a way to get myself known in the creative writing community. #writing #technology #marketing #self-promotion #author

Lyzzie G.’s Avatar
Lyzzie G. Jun 30, 2019 398 views

What are the ways to make good money as a creative writer?

I am going to have an M.F.A. in Creative Writing, and ideally would like to use that degree to get paid to write fiction. #creative-writing #writing #author