Career Questions tagged Author

Kalysta L.’s Avatar
Kalysta L. Oct 19, 2021 125 views

How do books get published?

One thing I never understood is how books get published after writing them, does anyone know what happens? Thanks! author writing...

publishing

Janelle S.’s Avatar
Janelle S. Jun 30, 2021 168 views

How to become a writer?

I love writing very much and my dream goal is to become a writer in the future, but I don't know where to start. journalism writing...

author

andre T.’s Avatar
andre T. Jun 24, 2021 143 views

How do you become a writer for tv show, movie, games, books.

How to you become a successful writer? currently working on a fictional book now. author writing...

creative-writing

joshua F.’s Avatar
joshua F. Jun 02, 2021 139 views
Sara R.’s Avatar
Sara R. Apr 22, 2021 266 views

What is it like to be an author (just plain writing books)?

I have already written a book and want to know what publishers would accept a kid author, if there is job stability, or if it should just be a hobby and not my main job at first. author professional jobs...

people

Sara R.’s Avatar
Sara R. Apr 22, 2021 301 views

How do I get a living by writing books - should I also have a side job?

I wrote a book and am working on the second in a series. How do authors get a living by writing because I don't really want to become an editor, agent, or anything like that. I just want to write books. Should I also get a side job? writing author...

jobs

candice S.’s Avatar
candice S. Apr 07, 2021 334 views

can a student get a full-time job?

Very good character with a great personality. Disciplined and respectful. Hard worker and determined. Leader and Team worker. Punctual and prompt. Ambitious and Determined. Hands on and co-operative. Good grammar and communication skills. career business fun sonogram artist fashion...

modeling book author fashion-design writer models

Amaiya A.’s Avatar
Amaiya A. Feb 24, 2021 175 views

What's something about the writing industry new writers should know?

I'm a Sophmore in high school who is very determined to get into the writing industry with an urban fiction novel I'm working on. I'm the type of person who likes to know everything I can about something before going forward so what are some things that I, as a new writer, should know about the...

author literature highschool writer

Amaiya A.’s Avatar
Amaiya A. Feb 24, 2021 248 views

What are the best college majors for pursuing a writing career?

I'm a sophmore in highschool who is very passionate about writing! In fact, its the only thing I want to do all day, everyday forever! But as I get closer to graduating and thinking about college, I'm not sure which majors would be best for me to take in order to enhance my writing skills. So...

writing author college high-school

KOWSALYA T.’s Avatar
KOWSALYA T. Dec 30, 2020 184 views

how to become an author

author for a...

Kendal C.’s Avatar
Kendal C. Oct 19, 2020 224 views

What’s the hardest part of being anesthesiologist

Do you have to do anything that’s particularly difficult to you ?anesthesiologist...

author

Arhe V.’s Avatar
Arhe V. Jun 29, 2020 726 views

Where can I develop my writing skills while still making money for college?

I'm fresh out of high school, and I've been writing short, fictional stories for 3+ years now. I've done a bit of research and it seems like all of the quick money is in copywriting, article writing, or editing. I feel like I'm quite skilled at fictional writing, but I have no idea where to...

writing copywriting author college writer journalism editing creative-writing

Ashley A.’s Avatar
Ashley A. Mar 28, 2020 492 views
Tanu N.’s Avatar
Tanu N. Feb 08, 2020 2263 views

I want to be an movie/tv actress and lawyer at the same time!

I’ve been wanting to be an actress since I was 3. I can also dance, I’ve loved it since I was 3. I can sort of sing. Drama is my favorite class at school. But I need something else just in case, so I plan to graduate in law and be a lawyer. I am also passionate in law, but it is a recent...

writing dancing lawyer advice law college civilrightslawyer acting author stories art drama passion

Madison P.’s Avatar
Madison P. Nov 22, 2019 320 views

How do I begin networking to become a writer/editor for novels?

I am a young writer trying to figure out how to kick it off as a career. writing communication author...

journalism

Ashley C.’s Avatar
Ashley C. Nov 16, 2019 364 views

How do I go about developing a published writing portfolio as a new writer?

If I've never published a book before, what are some good first steps? After all, not all writing now is in books but also short form media, copywriting, articles, etc. I've got a blog I'm updating regularly and I like connecting with my fellow writers. I genuinely both love and hate writing...

writing polkcounty journalism florida author creative-writing writer

alexis C.’s Avatar
alexis C. Nov 14, 2019 312 views

what classes should i take in high school to help me become a lawyer

i like arguing, money, and i play volleyball and soccer. i take two ap classes ap government and english i’m also good at math. i don’t do well in science but i’m really good at art and drawing. college art writing dance...

author

Ray K.’s Avatar
Ray K. Oct 13, 2019 321 views

How can I become a journalist/author/writer for psychology research?

I am a high school senior with a passion for psychology and a knack for writing. I am looking to major in psychology. Should I minor or dual major in English, or another field? What else do I need to pursue in order to accomplish this? psychology college-major english research-psychology...

writing journalism author

Emma B.’s Avatar
Emma B. Feb 20, 2019 362 views

What should I research on journalisim?

I want to know what type of books I should look for. I'm in 4th grade and doing a career project. And the career I am focused on is a Journalist. I don't know what to research and I need some ideas or suggestions for types of books I should get/ read. Make it appropriate for a 10 year old....

writing english author books journalism journalist reading reporting

Lyzzie G.’s Avatar
Lyzzie G. Jun 30, 2019 530 views

What are affordable ways I can become proficient in online self-marketing?

I have a website, but because of my lack of technological know-how, it’s pretty lame. I’m looking for a way to get myself known in the creative writing community. writing technology marketing self-promotion...

author

Lyzzie G.’s Avatar
Lyzzie G. Jun 30, 2019 332 views

What are the ways to make good money as a creative writer?

I am going to have an M.F.A. in Creative Writing, and ideally would like to use that degree to get paid to write fiction. creative-writing writing...

author

Christian S.’s Avatar
Christian S. Apr 16, 2019 470 views

Debate vs AP Literature and Composition

In my school instead of a Language Arts Class, you can take Debate. Would it be better to be on Debate and the Debate team, or should I stick with a hard class like APLAC? I also have the option of taking college English or Business Communications. What's the option for college applications?...

writing any higher-education classes college schedule acting writer student air-force ap educator teacher high-school author school debate military english