Career Questions tagged Author

Sara R.’s Avatar
Sara R. Apr 22 56 views

What is it like to be an author (just plain writing books)?

I have already written a book and want to know what publishers would accept a kid author, if there is job stability, or if it should just be a hobby and not my main job at first. #author #professional #jobs...

#people

Sara R.’s Avatar
Sara R. Apr 22 74 views

How do I get a living by writing books - should I also have a side job?

I wrote a book and am working on the second in a series. How do authors get a living by writing because I don't really want to become an editor, agent, or anything like that. I just want to write books. Should I also get a side job? #writing #author...

#jobs

candice S.’s Avatar
candice S. Apr 07 146 views

can a student get a full-time job?

Very good character with a great personality. Disciplined and respectful. Hard worker and determined. Leader and Team worker. Punctual and prompt. Ambitious and Determined. Hands on and co-operative. Good grammar and communication skills. #career #business #fun #sonogram #artist #fashion...

#models #book #author #fashion-design #writer #modeling

Amaiya A.’s Avatar
Amaiya A. Feb 24 75 views

What's something about the writing industry new writers should know?

I'm a Sophmore in high school who is very determined to get into the writing industry with an urban fiction novel I'm working on. I'm the type of person who likes to know everything I can about something before going forward so what are some things that I, as a new writer, should know about the...

#highschool #writer #literature #author

Amaiya A.’s Avatar
Amaiya A. Feb 24 92 views

What are the best college majors for pursuing a writing career?

I'm a sophmore in highschool who is very passionate about writing! In fact, its the only thing I want to do all day, everyday forever! But as I get closer to graduating and thinking about college, I'm not sure which majors would be best for me to take in order to enhance my writing skills. So...

#high-school #writing #author #college

KOWSALYA T.’s Avatar
KOWSALYA T. Dec 30, 2020 84 views

how to become an author

#author for a...

Kendal C.’s Avatar
Kendal C. Oct 19, 2020 117 views

What’s the hardest part of being anesthesiologist

Do you have to do anything that’s particularly difficult to you ?#anesthesiologist...

#author

Arhe V.’s Avatar
Arhe V. Jun 29, 2020 328 views

Where can I develop my writing skills while still making money for college?

I'm fresh out of high school, and I've been writing short, fictional stories for 3+ years now. I've done a bit of research and it seems like all of the quick money is in copywriting, article writing, or editing. I feel like I'm quite skilled at fictional writing, but I have no idea where to...

#creative-writing #writing #author #writer #copywriting #college #editing #journalism

Ashley A.’s Avatar
Ashley A. Mar 28, 2020 291 views
Tanu N.’s Avatar
Tanu N. Feb 08, 2020 1174 views

I want to be an movie/tv actress and lawyer at the same time!

I’ve been wanting to be an actress since I was 3. I can also dance, I’ve loved it since I was 3. I can sort of sing. Drama is my favorite class at school. But I need something else just in case, so I plan to graduate in law and be a lawyer. I am also passionate in law, but it is a recent...

#stories #drama #law #writing #author #lawyer #advice #acting #civilrightslawyer #college #passion #art #dancing

Madison P.’s Avatar
Madison P. Nov 22, 2019 227 views

How do I begin networking to become a writer/editor for novels?

I am a young writer trying to figure out how to kick it off as a career. #writing #communication #author...

#journalism

Ashley C.’s Avatar
Ashley C. Nov 16, 2019 269 views

How do I go about developing a published writing portfolio as a new writer?

If I've never published a book before, what are some good first steps? After all, not all writing now is in books but also short form media, copywriting, articles, etc. I've got a blog I'm updating regularly and I like connecting with my fellow writers. I genuinely both love and hate writing...

#creative-writing #florida #writing #author #polkcounty #writer #journalism

alexis C.’s Avatar
alexis C. Nov 14, 2019 225 views

what classes should i take in high school to help me become a lawyer

i like arguing, money, and i play volleyball and soccer. i take two ap classes ap government and english i’m also good at math. i don’t do well in science but i’m really good at art and drawing. #college #art #writing #dance...

#author

Ray K.’s Avatar
Ray K. Oct 13, 2019 211 views

How can I become a journalist/author/writer for psychology research?

I am a high school senior with a passion for psychology and a knack for writing. I am looking to major in psychology. Should I minor or dual major in English, or another field? What else do I need to pursue in order to accomplish this? #psychology #college-major #english #research-psychology...

#journalism #writing #author

Emma B.’s Avatar
Emma B. Feb 20, 2019 270 views

What should I research on journalisim?

I want to know what type of books I should look for. I'm in 4th grade and doing a career project. And the career I am focused on is a Journalist. I don't know what to research and I need some ideas or suggestions for types of books I should get/ read. Make it appropriate for a 10 year old....

#journalist #english #writing #reading #author #books #reporting #journalism

Lyzzie G.’s Avatar
Lyzzie G. Jun 30, 2019 441 views

What are affordable ways I can become proficient in online self-marketing?

I have a website, but because of my lack of technological know-how, it’s pretty lame. I’m looking for a way to get myself known in the creative writing community. #writing #technology #marketing #self-promotion...

#author

Lyzzie G.’s Avatar
Lyzzie G. Jun 30, 2019 218 views

What are the ways to make good money as a creative writer?

I am going to have an M.F.A. in Creative Writing, and ideally would like to use that degree to get paid to write fiction. #creative-writing #writing...

#author

Christian S.’s Avatar
Christian S. Apr 16, 2019 347 views

Debate vs AP Literature and Composition

In my school instead of a Language Arts Class, you can take Debate. Would it be better to be on Debate and the Debate team, or should I stick with a hard class like APLAC? I also have the option of taking college English or Business Communications. What's the option for college applications?...

#english #writing #educator #acting #high-school #military #ap #teacher #author #debate #air-force #writer #any #higher-education #student #schedule #classes #school #college

paola M.’s Avatar
paola M. Apr 17, 2019 267 views

What are some steps in becoming a successful writer? What should I major in?

I would like to be a writer some day and I would like to know how to get my writing out there, how to be noticed. I will be going to college next year in the fall and I was thinking or majoring in English literature. Would that be a good major? #writing #college #author #college-major #books...

#english #literarture

Paola M.’s Avatar
Paola M. Apr 16, 2019 232 views

What is the best way to become a writer?

I love to read and write and I wouldn't mind working in a field that involves that such as publishing and editing. But I would like to write my own books or be a writer in a some type of magazine. What would be the best way to get my writing noticed and successful? I would like to major in...

#literature #english #writing #author #books #columnist

Trinity G.’s Avatar
Trinity G. Mar 08, 2019 184 views

Creative Equipment

What is the best tech for writers? I've been told that you need special programs to help fact-check, plaigarize-check, etc. Is this true? And if so, does this tech really help? #writing #creative-writing #author #writer...

#tech

Trinity G.’s Avatar
Trinity G. Mar 05, 2019 223 views

Self Publish or Pitch?

I've heard it both ways: pitch your book. Self-publish. Which is better to do first? Publishers have declared they like unknowns, while others want authors with a following already? Which path is more lucrative and advisable for a young author just starting out? #write #writer #youngauthor...

#selfpublish #writing #author #publishing #teenauthor

Trinity G.’s Avatar
Trinity G. Mar 05, 2019 187 views

What is YA?

I am a teenager who enjoys writing, but I often find myself frustrated by the books on the YA shelf as the majority of them seem to be only romance or a romance with thinly veiled fantasy/dystopian elements thrown on top of it. I enjoy writing whatever I want, but I'm wondering if my historical...

#youngadult #write #writing #author #teenauthor #writer #ya

Crystal E.’s Avatar
Crystal E. Nov 27, 2018 370 views

What would be the best college classes to take to become a writer/editor?

I am a Freshman in High School who has always had a passion for writing. I have taken to writing stories online as posting them on sites such as FanFiction.Net and Quotev.Com. Does anyone have any suggestions or even just advice. #writing #college #author...

#writer

Margaret Ann B.’s Avatar
Margaret Ann B. Aug 15, 2018 303 views

What are some good publications to submit your writing to?

I am very interested in writing, mostly involving fiction. Would you have any recommendations for a publication that I could send my work too to get started? Thank you! #career...

#author

Destiny W.’s Avatar
Destiny W. Aug 14, 2018 362 views

What’s the best way to improve on your writing skills ex. Essay

I normally don’t struggle to write, because once I have and idea it all goes fine. I just have trouble coming up with new and exciting things to write about when it comes to personal essays, college essays etc. if you know of any good way to improve my writing as far as vocabulary or formatting...

#creative-writing #general #writing #author #journalism

Hannah N.’s Avatar
Hannah N. Aug 12, 2018 377 views