Career Questions tagged Sports Journalism

JWILLY H.’s Avatar
JWILLY H. Mar 17 79 views
Saul D.’s Avatar
Saul D. Jan 22, 2018 370 views

What are some skills i need for sports journalism?

I am a junior in high school. i like to watch sports so i thought put one of the things i like to do. i am thinking of taking sports journalism seriously and writing reports about games and sports news. i am also thinking of being a sports anchor or a commentator. my major goal is reporting for...

#sports #sports-journalism

James D.’s Avatar
James D. Aug 21, 2016 664 views

Sports Medicine or Sports Reporting Possible

I am a senior in high school and want to do something with sports. I have been in sports since I was 4. I have done karate, baseball, flag football and in the last 4 years have become serious about running. I ran all year at the high school level. I also may want to become a police officer but...

#sports-agent #in #athletics #sports-marketing #sports-journalism #sport #sports #field #sports-medicine #sports-media #or

Blake S.’s Avatar
Blake S. Nov 22, 2016 733 views

Communication vs. Film and Television Major

What is the differences between the two majors? What can I do with a communication major vs a film major and vise versa. Thanks! #journalism #communications #film #film-production #sports-journalism #broadcast-journalism #film-making...

#film-editing

Jakob R.’s Avatar
Jakob R. Aug 21, 2016 675 views

After college, how tough was it to achieve your dream of being a sports news reporter?

I would like to know because I have had drawn interest in the field of reporting in general, but now I feel like sports reporting is what I want to go into. #sports #entertainment #sports-journalism...

#broadcast-journalism

Jakob R.’s Avatar
Jakob R. Aug 21, 2016 660 views

Aside from interviews and basic research, what is the overall process like to gather information and report the story?

I am a high school student interested in the field of journalism. I would appreciate knowing how they get their information and what kind of sources they use to create a strong story for the public. #sports #journalism #sports-journalism...

#broadcast-journalism

ethel A.’s Avatar
ethel A. Aug 22, 2016 664 views

How likely is it to be a sports commentator?

i have always wanted to be one but i would like to know the likelihood of pursuing that career. #sports #television #sports-journalism...

#sports-broadcasting

English L.’s Avatar
English L. Aug 22, 2016 526 views

Would a science and engineering based college be right for me if I want to go into sports broadcasting?

I've played at least three sports year round my entire life, and so I know I want a career in the sports and entertainment area. But my dream school isn't one known for this major. Do I need to just go away from my life long dream of going to my perfect school? Should I go a school with the...

#entertainment #schools-of-the-future #college-major #college #sports-journalism

ethel A.’s Avatar
ethel A. Aug 22, 2016 728 views

How can I learn more about sports broadcasting while in high school?

I have always been interested in sports broadcasting, but have never really done anything about it because I do not know how to start, I would like to experience an internship or something similar to get to know the medium, houw could I do this? #broadcast-media #sports-journalism...

#television-producer #broadcast-journalism #sports-media #tv-production

Alana C.’s Avatar
Alana C. Aug 20, 2016 757 views

What do you love about sports entertainment?

It is important for everyone to love what they they, especially if they plan on continuing on in their career for many years. This also leads to a happy life! I would like to see why others enjoy this industry to widen my views. #sports #sports-management #entertainment #social-media...

#broadcast-media #sports-media #sports-journalism #sports-broadcasting

Alana C.’s Avatar
Alana C. Aug 20, 2016 640 views

What is the best first step in planning a career in sports entertainment and why?

I believe that it is important for someone who is beginning their journey in starting a career to understand the hard work and steps it takes to achieve their goals. I would like to see how others would start to plan their careers and why so I could also have more input on how to start mine!...

#social-media #entertainment #sports #sports-management #sports-media #sports-journalism #sports-broadcasting

Paul P.’s Avatar
Paul P. Aug 19, 2016 721 views
Ashanti D.’s Avatar
Ashanti D. Aug 19, 2016 610 views

What is it like to be in the public eye when it comes to sports entertainment?

I have always been curious as to how these athletes live out their daily life as normal citizens. #journalism #athlete...

#sports-journalism

Ashton E.’s Avatar
Ashton E. Aug 19, 2016 642 views

What are som possible careers behind the scenes in professional sports that I can explore?

My ultimate dream is to play in the NBA or NFL as I play both in high school and work really hard at both. I understand the probability of this happening so I want to explore some Plan B options still around the thing I LOVE...SPORTS!!!!!!!! #sports-journalism...

#sports-media

Calvin K.’s Avatar
Calvin K. Jun 07, 2016 980 views

How do I get into sports journalism?

Obviously I'd have to go into an English-focused stream, but I was wondering if there is a stream specifically for sports? Or do opportunities (hopefully) open up later in my post-secondary career? #journalism #english...

#sports-journalism

Paige W.’s Avatar
Paige W. May 16, 2016 541 views

What experiences are required to be a Broadcast Journalist?

I currently hold the position of being a news anchor for my high schools television broadcast and have started to gain an interest in pursuing a career in it. #sports #sports-journalism #broadcast-journalism...

#radio-broadcasting

RJ A.’s Avatar
RJ A. Dec 04, 2014 1017 views

What type of work goes on behind the scenes of a broadcast?

I am a junior at Boston Collegiate Charter School interested in broadcast journalism and sports writing, and was curious to know what goes on behind the scenes at a studio #journalism #director #producer #sports-journalism...

#broadcaster