Career Questions tagged Sports Media

Chenaniah A.’s Avatar
Chenaniah A. Jan 16, 2018 334 views

In college, I plan to study sports broadcast journalism, how easy is it to get a job in that field whrn I graduate?

I love sports and I am pretty good about analyzing games and I know names of athletes in different sports pretty good. My dad is concerned that I am should widen my scope and not focus on that field alone. #sports-media #broadcast-media #sports #media #communications...

#journalism

Eldon L.’s Avatar
Eldon L. Aug 16, 2016 643 views

Why did you choose a job as a sports announcer?

I want more insight onto why other people are interested in what I am. #sports #sports-media #communications...

#media

Andrea J.’s Avatar
Andrea J. Jan 20, 2018 356 views

Balancing reality and a dream?

I've wanted to study engineering, more specifically mechanical, since before I entered high school. And although I still love the discipline and have no doubts about my desire, I know that one reason I like the path is that it is relatively secure. But recently, I've had a dream of going into...

#dreams #mechanical-engineering #sports-media #sports #engineering

Chandler F.’s Avatar
Chandler F. Nov 28, 2017 387 views

Should sport management undergrads get their master’s degree?

I’ve heard that if a sport management student wants to make more than $40k when they enter the job market, they need to obtain a graduate degree — is this true? #sports #sports-management #masters-degree #sports-media #college #higher-education...

#career

James D.’s Avatar
James D. Aug 21, 2016 514 views

Sports Medicine or Sports Reporting Possible

I am a senior in high school and want to do something with sports. I have been in sports since I was 4. I have done karate, baseball, flag football and in the last 4 years have become serious about running. I ran all year at the high school level. I also may want to become a police officer but...

#sport #or #sports-journalism #sports #in #athletics #sports-medicine #sports-agent #sports-media #sports-marketing #field

Michael G.’s Avatar
Michael G. Sep 28, 2016 699 views

How do I find my passion in life?

I have been asked this question more than once in my life time. But, I am unsure what my passion is I haven't narrowed it down. I need some advise for a sense of direction. #career-counseling #entrepreneurship #japan #entertainment #sports-media #philanthropist...

#undecided

Makaiya S.’s Avatar
Makaiya S. Aug 21, 2016 525 views

In sports media, how long do you usually work in a day or week, and is there a lot of outside work that you have to do?

I am an 11th grader, from St. Louis, MO and I play RBI Softball. When I was traveling with the team we had the chance to talk to some of the head of some of the baseball stadium's departments. I talked to one of them afterwards and I was blessed with the opportunity to get a tour of the...

#sports #entertainment #sports-media

English L.’s Avatar
English L. Aug 22, 2016 492 views

Is sports broadcasting or entertainment easy?

I know it sounds like a dumb question, but really how challenging is this major? I've loved playing sports my whole life and have always dreamed of being a sports announcer. But unfortunately I'm worried the major will be to difficult to complete and I'll be forced to give up the dream. Is...

#college-bound #entertainment #sports-media #majors #college

ethel A.’s Avatar
ethel A. Aug 22, 2016 674 views

How can I learn more about sports broadcasting while in high school?

I have always been interested in sports broadcasting, but have never really done anything about it because I do not know how to start, I would like to experience an internship or something similar to get to know the medium, houw could I do this? #broadcast-media #sports-journalism...

#broadcast-journalism #tv-production #sports-media #television-producer

Jordan B.’s Avatar
Jordan B. Aug 21, 2016 353 views

What is the work enviornment like as a sports entertainment broadcaster?

Is this career exciting on an everyday basis?...

#sports-media

Alana C.’s Avatar
Alana C. Aug 20, 2016 707 views

What do you love about sports entertainment?

It is important for everyone to love what they they, especially if they plan on continuing on in their career for many years. This also leads to a happy life! I would like to see why others enjoy this industry to widen my views. #sports #sports-management #entertainment #social-media...

#sports-broadcasting #broadcast-media #sports-journalism #sports-media

Alana C.’s Avatar
Alana C. Aug 20, 2016 595 views

What is the best first step in planning a career in sports entertainment and why?

I believe that it is important for someone who is beginning their journey in starting a career to understand the hard work and steps it takes to achieve their goals. I would like to see how others would start to plan their careers and why so I could also have more input on how to start mine!...

#sports-broadcasting #sports-management #entertainment #sports-media #social-media #sports-journalism #sports

Cailon S.’s Avatar
Cailon S. Aug 19, 2016 477 views
Paul P.’s Avatar
Paul P. Aug 19, 2016 652 views

How would someone with a computer science degree get into sports entertainment?

I am looking into getting my computer science degree and I want to know what jobs are for this field. #computer-science #computer-software #sports #sports-management #computers #sports-marketing #sports-journalism...

#sports-media

Paul P.’s Avatar
Paul P. Aug 19, 2016 958 views
Cailon S.’s Avatar
Cailon S. Aug 19, 2016 701 views
Ashton E.’s Avatar
Ashton E. Aug 19, 2016 602 views

What are som possible careers behind the scenes in professional sports that I can explore?

My ultimate dream is to play in the NBA or NFL as I play both in high school and work really hard at both. I understand the probability of this happening so I want to explore some Plan B options still around the thing I LOVE...SPORTS!!!!!!!! #sports-journalism...

#sports-media

Sarah D.’s Avatar
Sarah D. Aug 19, 2016 635 views

What is the average day like when you are committed to a full time job?

I am still very young but when I become older I would like to start a family and get to spend quality time with my spouse and children, is that possible with this career? #sports #sports-management #entertainment #children...

#sports-media

Caleb S.’s Avatar
Caleb S. Aug 17, 2016 715 views

What is the best way to be noticed by professional soccer teams?

I have played soccer my entire life and have won quite a few awards because of it. However, I still have not seen anything from a soccer academy or Jr. club. I am now wondering what is the best way to promote yourself and be noticed? Also, is it better to attain a college education before...

#sports-management #sports-media #soccer #sports-marketing #sports-agent

Ben  L.’s Avatar
Ben L. Aug 13, 2016 630 views

What major(s) and minor(s) in college should I pursue to get into the sports entertaiment industry?

I'm studying economics in college but I'm also considering a minor in either advertising or communications. What majors (or minors) will help me the most? #sports #broadcast-media #sports-media #espn #televison...

#sport-entertainment