Career Questions tagged Entertainment

Alejandra G.’s Avatar
Alejandra G. Aug 31, 2018 150 views

What University programs can I assist to if my dream job is in the entertainment industry?

Specifically the screenwriting/story-boarding aspect of the movie industry.#career #entertainment...

#programs

soledad G.’s Avatar
soledad G. Aug 27, 2018 135 views

Whats a good major for acting?

I don't like acting in theatre, I want something more like television based. #entertainment #choosing...

Carlos J.’s Avatar
Carlos J. Apr 10, 2018 230 views

For those in the sports and entertainment industry what advice can you give.

My dream is to work for sports media, or directly with a sports team. Furthermore, I would also really like to work for entertainment media with my focus being television and film. #entertainment #sports...

#public-relations

Philip E.’s Avatar
Philip E. Aug 15, 2016 362 views

What made you decide that you wanted to choose entertainment as your career?

There are so many careers to choose from, and I know specifically for me I can do a whole lot more. And because I'm also choosing this path I would like to know why so many people choose this route aside from my reasoning. #entrepreneurship #career #entertainment #career-choice...

#career-path

Gabriella A.’s Avatar
Gabriella A. Mar 27, 2018 245 views
K.B. Wellington S.’s Avatar
K.B. Wellington S. Mar 12, 2018 259 views

What is the best way to jump start an acting career?

I want to know this because my dream job is to become a Hollywood actor. I know that this is a competitive field, but I am up for the challenge because I know I am a good actor, and I want to make money off of it. I want to start as soon as possible, and if I could get some help on how to start...

#entertainment #acting #careers #dreams #future

Ashton C.’s Avatar
Ashton C. Oct 25, 2017 396 views

What jobs should I be looking for as a recent Radio, Television, & Film graduate?

I will be graduating from San Jose State University in December and I'm currently job searching. My ideal job would be working on a set of a known studio such as HBO, NBC, or Netflix, producing content but it seems these companies don't have any entry-level jobs. What kind of jobs should I be...

#music #radio #television #entertainment

Cindy M.’s Avatar
Cindy M. Aug 12, 2016 416 views

Why does the gossip/rumors always outshine the positive outcomes of the entertainment business?

Everyday, I repeatedly run into tabloids exposing the personal lives of celebrities. I can tell that these famous beings are constantly being watched by those who are ready to catch them making a mistake. In a way, I feel for these people living their lives in front of a camera day after day,...

#psychology #entertainment #celebrity

Tyler D.’s Avatar
Tyler D. Sep 25, 2017 433 views

Any advice about following your dreams in the entertainment industry?

I'm in need for some advice. Ever since I was little, i knew I wanted to make music and movies. I've been playing the piano since I was 5, and the guitar since I was 8. I've been creating home movies since I was really young. Movies and music are my greatest passions. They make me who I am....

#motion-pictures-and-film #singers-career #movie-production #entertainment #film-acting #performing-arts

Michael G.’s Avatar
Michael G. Sep 28, 2016 625 views

How do I find my passion in life?

I have been asked this question more than once in my life time. But, I am unsure what my passion is I haven't narrowed it down. I need some advise for a sense of direction. #career-counseling #entrepreneurship #japan #entertainment #sports-media #philanthropist...

#undecided

Melissa S.’s Avatar
Melissa S. Aug 21, 2016 440 views

What is the most important thing (lesson or skill) one can take out of working in the sports entertainment industustry?

With many people coming into this industry, I felt it needed to be asked what makes the struggle and effort to be successful in this field worth it. #entertainment #sports-marketing...

#personal-development

Gabriella G.’s Avatar
Gabriella G. Oct 31, 2016 558 views

what do companies look for when they're hiring?

i want to make sure i fulfill those things that can make me more eligible to be employed in the future #international #entertainment...

#hiring

Gabriella G.’s Avatar
Gabriella G. Oct 24, 2016 568 views

is it hard to find a job from an Entertainment Business major?

i want to under go the Entertainment Business major to hopefully work in the entertainment field #entertainment #entertainment-industry #entertainment-marketing...

#music-entertainment

Jeffery P.’s Avatar
Jeffery P. Oct 22, 2016 634 views

Graduate School: Is it worthwhile when going into the Film making Industry?

For some industries, graduate school is more important that others. I may consider taking a graduate program over the years once I finish undergraduate school. However, after undergraduate school what's the best route? #film #entertainment #film-production #movies #cinematography...

#film-editing

Dakota H.’s Avatar
Dakota H. Oct 21, 2016 392 views

What prerequisites are required to go into a Marine Biology-Entertainment field, like a show animal trainer?

Marine biology has always been a part of me, I've always loved it. I find it amazing that we can train dolphins and orcas and use that training to educate people on growing concerns for these beautiful animals. #marine-biology #entertainment #marine-mammals...

#mammal-training

Dakota H.’s Avatar
Dakota H. Oct 21, 2016 389 views

How could Marine Biology be used in the entertainment industry? What other degrees could I combine with Marine Biology to get into an Aquarium with animal shows, like Moody Gardens or Sea World?

I've always loved aquariums and I've always loved shows, like shark feedings and orca shows. I was wondering what degrees could help me land employment with an aquarium who hosts these types of shows. #biology #marine-biology #entertainment #marine-mammals #aquarium...

#movie-theatres

Christopher H.’s Avatar
Christopher H. Oct 20, 2016 531 views

If I am a STEM major, can I expect to be picky when choosing a job after college?

In other words, is it likely that I will have a choice as to where I want to work? I am aware that the STEM fields are in a period of growth, so more and more jobs are being created. I dread the thought of being stuck in a career that I do not enjoy, and would like to have the ability to work...

#career #computer-science #stem #entertainment

Christopher H.’s Avatar
Christopher H. Oct 20, 2016 760 views

How much opportunity is there for a STEM major in the entertainment industry?

My question regards the potential to find employment in the industry of entertainment (film and television) for a student majoring in a STEM field. I ask it because I have always had an interest in both of these areas, but they seem to be on opposite poles of the career spectrum. Particularly,...

#stem #computer-software #vfx #entertainment #software-engineering #college #computer-science #film

Kobe G.’s Avatar
Kobe G. Aug 16, 2016 440 views

After getting out of school how long does it usually take to get into the field of sports and entertainment?

Im asking this question because I want to know how hard and how long it will take to get a job after. #sports #experience #networking...

#entertainment

Makaiya S.’s Avatar
Makaiya S. Aug 21, 2016 456 views

In sports media, how long do you usually work in a day or week, and is there a lot of outside work that you have to do?

I am an 11th grader, from St. Louis, MO and I play RBI Softball. When I was traveling with the team we had the chance to talk to some of the head of some of the baseball stadium's departments. I talked to one of them afterwards and I was blessed with the opportunity to get a tour of the...

#entertainment #sports #sports-media

Jakob R.’s Avatar
Jakob R. Aug 21, 2016 567 views

After college, how tough was it to achieve your dream of being a sports news reporter?

I would like to know because I have had drawn interest in the field of reporting in general, but now I feel like sports reporting is what I want to go into. #sports #entertainment #sports-journalism...

#broadcast-journalism

Terrance J.’s Avatar
Terrance J. Aug 27, 2016 899 views

Just how helpful is a second language really?

Everyone knows about being a translator but this is overrated,plain and old news. What kind of interesting and worth while things are there. #business #art #fashion #photography #entertainment #linguistics #martial-arts...

#landscape-architecture

English L.’s Avatar
English L. Aug 22, 2016 428 views

Is sports broadcasting or entertainment easy?

I know it sounds like a dumb question, but really how challenging is this major? I've loved playing sports my whole life and have always dreamed of being a sports announcer. But unfortunately I'm worried the major will be to difficult to complete and I'll be forced to give up the dream. Is...

#entertainment #sports-media #college #college-bound #majors

English L.’s Avatar
English L. Aug 22, 2016 424 views

Would a science and engineering based college be right for me if I want to go into sports broadcasting?

I've played at least three sports year round my entire life, and so I know I want a career in the sports and entertainment area. But my dream school isn't one known for this major. Do I need to just go away from my life long dream of going to my perfect school? Should I go a school with the...

#entertainment #college-major #schools-of-the-future #college #sports-journalism

Alana C.’s Avatar
Alana C. Aug 20, 2016 628 views

What do you love about sports entertainment?

It is important for everyone to love what they they, especially if they plan on continuing on in their career for many years. This also leads to a happy life! I would like to see why others enjoy this industry to widen my views. #sports #sports-management #entertainment #social-media...

#sports-broadcasting #sports-journalism #broadcast-media #sports-media

Alana C.’s Avatar
Alana C. Aug 20, 2016 516 views

What is the best first step in planning a career in sports entertainment and why?

I believe that it is important for someone who is beginning their journey in starting a career to understand the hard work and steps it takes to achieve their goals. I would like to see how others would start to plan their careers and why so I could also have more input on how to start mine!...

#sports-management #entertainment #social-media #sports-broadcasting #sports-journalism #sports #sports-media