Career Questions tagged Sports Marketing

Brandon S.’s Avatar
Brandon S. Jan 16, 2018 404 views

How can I have a successful career in Sports Marketing if i am an accounting major?

The reason why is because i have found an interest in Sports Marketing after taking a course but i am a senior in the accounting program and i have already made a decision to switch careers. Unfortunately at this point i cannot switch majors so i am wondering if there is an avenue to get into...

sports-marketing accounting

James D.’s Avatar
James D. Aug 21, 2016 745 views

Sports Medicine or Sports Reporting Possible

I am a senior in high school and want to do something with sports. I have been in sports since I was 4. I have done karate, baseball, flag football and in the last 4 years have become serious about running. I ran all year at the high school level. I also may want to become a police officer but...

field athletics or sports sport sports-marketing sports-agent in sports-medicine sports-media sports-journalism

Melissa S.’s Avatar
Melissa S. Aug 21, 2016 696 views

What is the most important thing (lesson or skill) one can take out of working in the sports entertainment industustry?

With many people coming into this industry, I felt it needed to be asked what makes the struggle and effort to be successful in this field worth it. entertainment sports-marketing...

personal-development

Ben  L.’s Avatar
Ben L. Aug 11, 2016 661 views

What does it take to be on the marketing team on ESPN?

I am a college student interested in pursuing a career in marketing and I love sports! ESPN seems like it would be a great fit for me. Can somebody give some insights? I would love to hear from someone who works there! college sports television sports-marketing espn...

sport-network

Dillon H.’s Avatar
Dillon H. Oct 31, 2016 845 views

Why should I get an economics degree to further my career managing a baseball team?

Most people working in Major League Baseball as management already have a degree, but instead of a major in actual sports management, they have economics. Why is that? What does economics have to do with baseball? business-management economics sports-management...

sports-marketing

Jordan B.’s Avatar
Jordan B. Aug 21, 2016 843 views

What does marketing and sales have to do with the sports entertainment industry?

What relation or career job connects marketing/sales with the sports entertainment industry? sports marketing sales...

sports-marketing

Kiana D.’s Avatar
Kiana D. Aug 22, 2016 1181 views

What makes a sport great?

There are multiple sports across the world, yet only some are more respected than others. Why is this so? For example, in the 2016 Rio Olympics handball is as an olympic sport, but it is looked down upon by most people as a joke. I am interested in the answer of this question since it is...

advertising sports-marketing sports commercials

Caleb S.’s Avatar
Caleb S. Aug 18, 2016 703 views

What should I major in to become a sports agent? What skill set is needed? Also, what is a day as a sports agent like?

I'd love to become a sports agent, however, I don't know the best steps or what its like. How do you get noticed and picked up as an agent? What are the best schools and a target ACT score? Thanks to all those who answer! sports-management sports-marketing...

sports-agent

Daniela C.’s Avatar
Daniela C. Aug 21, 2016 818 views

What should I major in if I want my career to be involved in business and athletics?

I was thinking about majoring in management or marketing, but I'm not sure. Some schools I am applying to don't have either as a major, so what should I do in those cases? business management sports sports-management athletics athlete marketing-and-advertising...

sports-marketing

Paul P.’s Avatar
Paul P. Aug 19, 2016 780 views
Paul P.’s Avatar
Paul P. Aug 19, 2016 1538 views
Kendall P.’s Avatar
Kendall P. Aug 19, 2016 468 views

What is it like to manage a professional sports organization? What are some of the responsibilities and most difficult tasks?

I am looking to major in Sports Management next year and would like to learn as much as possible before heading off to college. sports-management...

sports-marketing

Kendall P.’s Avatar
Kendall P. Aug 19, 2016 505 views

In the Sports Management field, how should one plan on making the most of internships during and after college?

I am considering a Sports Management degree and would like to know what it takes to be successful in the field. sports-management...

sports-marketing

Caleb S.’s Avatar
Caleb S. Aug 17, 2016 909 views

What is the best way to be noticed by professional soccer teams?

I have played soccer my entire life and have won quite a few awards because of it. However, I still have not seen anything from a soccer academy or Jr. club. I am now wondering what is the best way to promote yourself and be noticed? Also, is it better to attain a college education before...

sports-management soccer sports-marketing sports-agent sports-media

Maddie M.’s Avatar
Maddie M. Aug 18, 2016 888 views

Would a background in psychology help in this field?

Regarding sports and entertainment management, would a background in psychology or even a minor in psychology help? I have taken the FBLA exam in sports and entertainment management and there were a few terms that were correlated to psychology psychology entertainment...

sports-marketing

Michaela B.’s Avatar
Michaela B. Aug 16, 2016 574 views

What types of jobs are common for people working in the sports management or sports marketing industries?

I've always been interested in sports management and sports marketing because of my interest in sports and business. However, I'm not familiar with what kind of careers are available in these industries. sports-management sports-marketing...

entertainment-industry

Michaela B.’s Avatar
Michaela B. Aug 16, 2016 2543 views

What is a "day in the life" of someone working in the Sports Marketing or Sports Management field?

I really enjoy watching and playing sports, and I'm also interested in studying business. I think that Sports Management and Sports marketing sound like really awesome careers that would combine both of these interests. However, I'm not sure what a typical day looks like for these careers, and...

entertainment-industry sports-management sports-marketing sports entertainment

Lauren H.’s Avatar
Lauren H. Aug 16, 2016 885 views

Do any sports broadcasting companies offer internships?

I am interested in becoming a sports broadcaster and was wondering if there were any possible internships or job-shadow opportunities so that I could get a better understanding of what the job entails. sports...

sports-marketing

Lauren H.’s Avatar
Lauren H. Aug 16, 2016 678 views

What are the education requirements for a sports broadcaster?

I am interested in becoming a sports broadcaster, but I don't know if there are requirements to the job. What should I major in in college? Should I do internships to get experience? What pre-requisites are encouraged or required? sports sports-management...

sports-marketing

Annalie B.’s Avatar
Annalie B. Aug 15, 2016 699 views

What qualifies one sports broadcaster as being more reliable than another?

This question would be helpful in organizing a stable career path and resume to assist in solidifying a good job out of college. career college-major broadcast-media sports-marketing...

experience-design

Zachyre L.’s Avatar
Zachyre L. Aug 15, 2016 544 views
Annalie B.’s Avatar
Annalie B. Aug 15, 2016 939 views

How does somebody who has not played a particular sport able to broadcast about it?

My name's Annalie, I'm a 17 year old girl from Long Island, New York or follows sports, especially soccer relatively closely, and was curious while watching a female panel discuss a football game. broadcast-media sports-marketing...

career-path-planning

Cameron S.’s Avatar
Cameron S. Aug 14, 2016 592 views

How hard is it to hold two jobs in the busy business of sports management?

It is known that some jobs require a lot of traveling when dealing in the area of sports management. How hard would it be to hold two different jobs (both not necessarily in the field of sports management). sports job sports-management sports-marketing income multi-tasking...

risk-management

Chioma  T.’s Avatar
Chioma T. Aug 14, 2016 675 views

For the sports entertainment industry do you add your own spins to the industry?

I love using my creativity to add interest and spice to certain things in my life so if I do decide to take this step in my life I would love to know. entertainment sports-marketing...

software-industry

Ben  L.’s Avatar
Ben L. Aug 13, 2016 749 views

How competitive is it getting on the ESPN advertising team?

I am a college student at San Jose State University study majoring Economics and minoring in Advertising. I have always been interested in creating ads and I have always loved sports! So I feel like ESPN would be an awesome fit for me. What does it take for me get on the ESPN team? sports...

advertising sports-marketing espn

Victor M.’s Avatar
Victor M. May 25, 2016 584 views
Victor M.’s Avatar
Victor M. May 18, 2016 795 views