Career Questions tagged Sports Medicine

Eunice P.’s Avatar
Eunice P. Aug 23
Allie H.’s Avatar
Allie H. Aug 19, 2016

What's it like being in Sports Medicine?

I have always wondered what it's like for people treating athletes in this field. It is challenging, rewarding? #sports-medicine #sports #kinesiology #healthcare...

#doctor

Yura P.’s Avatar
Yura P. May 02, 2018

Is it possible to become an Athletic Trainer and a Physical Therapist?

My goal is to be a professional in sports medicine field. I came from another country to learn sports medicine as I want to become an Athletic Trainer. I know it is pretty hard since I am a second language learner, however I am also interested in nutrition, physical therapy, and...

#athletictraining #orthodontist #athletic-trainer #physical-therapy #sports-medicine #physical-therapist #college-major #kinesiology #orthopedics

Laura H.’s Avatar
Laura H. Mar 27, 2018

What are the steps i need to take to be the Sports Medicine Doctor?

My dream job would be sports medicine for the green bay packers. I am going into sports medicine. #sports-medicine #sports #medicine...

#athletics

nicholas C.’s Avatar
nicholas C. Mar 27, 2018

How much do sports medicine doctors make a year?

Hi, my name is Nick and I'm looking into the medical field. I was curious how much sports medicine doctors make a year #sports-medicine #medicine #sports #kinesiology #career...

#financial-planning

YvesLangston M.’s Avatar
YvesLangston M. Mar 19, 2018

How can I have a positive impact in my future career field?

I am currently pursuing a degree in Biology with goals to get into Medical School to study Orthopedics. What are some challenges that Orthopedic doctors and surgeons face today that I could make into a goal to overcome? #medicine #sports-medicine...

#orthopedics

Michael W.’s Avatar
Michael W. Mar 07, 2018

What are some career choices in sports medicine?

What are some choices in sports medicine? #sportsmedicine #sports-medicine...

#sports

Joy Z.’s Avatar
Joy Z. Jan 25, 2018
Cortney H.’s Avatar
Cortney H. Jan 24, 2018

What course are required to become a kinesiologist

I am also interested in becoming a kinesiologist. I am thinking of double-majoring in college....

#sports-medicine

Ethan D.’s Avatar
Ethan D. May 24, 2016

Is there a cap to your potential earning within the physical therapy profession?

I plan to go into Physical Therapy/Sports Medicine. My reasons are to help others and to be continue to be involved in sports. The reason for my question is due to the cost of school and how quickly I can payback any loans that I may need to take. #college #sports #physical-therapy #athletics...

#sports-medicine #job-costing #loans

James D.’s Avatar
James D. Aug 21, 2016

Sports Medicine or Sports Reporting Possible

I am a senior in high school and want to do something with sports. I have been in sports since I was 4. I have done karate, baseball, flag football and in the last 4 years have become serious about running. I ran all year at the high school level. I also may want to become a police officer but...

#sports-media #athletics #sports-journalism #in #field #or #sports #sports-medicine #sports-agent #sports-marketing #sport

Reily C.’s Avatar
Reily C. May 13, 2016

Is human biology a good major for sports medicine?

I will be attending UCSD, majoring in human biology and want to be a sports medicine physician. #sports-medicine #admissions-counseling #sports #healthcare #hospital-and-health-care #sports...

Reily C.’s Avatar
Reily C. May 13, 2016
Pradyuth T.’s Avatar
Pradyuth T. Oct 29, 2016

Best Major and Minors to take in college to become a sports med doctor?

I want to be a sports medicine doctor in the future and was wondering which classes would best aid me in med school for my career path #anatomy #physiology #medicine #sports-medicine #college-major...

#hospital-and-health-care

Hailey O.’s Avatar
Hailey O. Sep 01, 2017

Is it possible to get a degree in exercise science, and not specialize in something yet still get a good paying job?

I know I want an exercise science degree, but i'm not sure what I want to use it for. Since it is so generic and broad, can I get a bachelors degree in it, and get a good job without specializing? #sports-medicine #medicine #college #career #lost #hospital #physicaltherapy #workout...

#desire #technology #job

Ashley P.’s Avatar
Ashley P. May 14, 2016

What topics are normally taught in medical ethics, and how does this information benefit those pursuing a career in pediatric orthopedics?

I am asking this question because I will be taking medical ethics in college and would also like to pursue a career in pediatric orthopedics. #doctor #medicine #healthcare #pediatrics #hospital-and-health-care...

#sports-medicine

David W.’s Avatar
David W. Feb 15, 2017

How many years of college do I have to go through and what degree do I have to have to be a physical trainer?

As playing sports for nearly all of my life, playing a variety of sports, including, baseball, basketball, football, soccer, I have had a huge interest in playing and helping with sports. As my freshman year in baseball, I tore the Labrum Muscle in my right shoulder. IT had to require surgery,...

#physical-therapy #physical-therapist #fitness-training #sports-medicine #sports-injuries #athletic-training

jesse R.’s Avatar
jesse R. Oct 31, 2016

What is the best college to attend for Kinesiology

I am interested in working with sports teams in physical therapy or as a doctor and I am wondering what is the best college to attend to have opportunities to intern in this field during my undergraduate education. #sports-medicine...

#college-professor

Brianna W.’s Avatar
Brianna W. Oct 23, 2016

With a physical therapy degree, what doors does that open ? Are you only eligible to work in a PT center/hospital or can you also work for sports teams ? or is that a whole other degree entirely ?

i play softball in high school and i volunteered at a hospital in a PT program which is what really pushed me, but my softball team also had a PT at every game and she really inspired me too. but did her degree go farther ? did she have to specifically have a sports medicine degree ?...

#physical-therapy #kinesiology #sports-medicine

Brice G.’s Avatar
Brice G. Oct 21, 2016
Makaiya S.’s Avatar
Makaiya S. Aug 21, 2016

In Sports Medicine, when you are taking care of the athletes, do they act like jerks and are stuck up, and how do you deal with it??

I'm an 11th grader from St. Louis, MO and really want to pursue to be an athletic trainer, and I wanted to know, if the athletes act like jerks most of the time, and how to deal with it if they do....

#sports-medicine

Ashanti D.’s Avatar
Ashanti D. Aug 19, 2016

Is working in sports medicine difficult?

I am intersted in sports medicine because I play sports. #medicine #athletics #sports-medicine...

#training

Marques D.’s Avatar
Marques D. Aug 18, 2016

I want to be an Athletic Trainer for collegiate sports teams. How can i get the experience of doing so while in college? What are other degrees to pursue in, thatll help with athletic training ?

I'm a senior in high school and I'm looking forward to going straight into a college to pursue a job in the athletic training field #athletic-training #athletics #sports-medicine...

#sports-injuries

Zachyre L.’s Avatar
Zachyre L. Aug 15, 2016

What majors do you take if you are interested in Sports Physical Therapy

Sports PT has been my passion for a long time and I would like to know what to major in in college. #physical-therapist...

#sports-medicine

Jordan G.’s Avatar
Jordan G. May 27, 2016

I want to pursue a sports related athletic training degree but I have been asked to run on the college track team. Is it wise to try to do both?

I am concerned about balancing the demands of the hands on part of my athletic training degree with the time required to train for a track and field position. I have been told it's probably best to focus on just the athletic training but I wondered if someone who had done both or seen someone...

#athletic-training #sports-medicine