Career Questions tagged Degrees

Brianna J.’s Avatar
Brianna J. Aug 23, 2018 146 views

Should a social worker get a masters degree?

I am trying to decide whether I should just receive my bachelor's degree in social work or go on to receive my master's degree. #socialwork #social-work...

#degrees

Emily V.’s Avatar
Emily V. May 16, 2018 165 views

How much more competitive is an Ivy League degree compared to a SUNY degree?

If two candidates are applying for the same job, will the one with the Ivy League School degree get it over the SUNY degree applicant? #degrees #college #ivy-league #suny #admissions...

#college-admissions

Matthew P.’s Avatar
Matthew P. May 29, 2018 205 views

Does choosing a degree in a specific engineering discipline narrow your opportunities?

When choosing a degree, does it matter a great deal which discipline you choose, or can you work for an aerospace engineering company with a mechanical engineering degree? Also, does choosing a job as say a chemical engineer force you to live in a large city, or can you still live elsewhere?...

#degrees #engineering

Zoya H.’s Avatar
Zoya H. Apr 25, 2018 412 views

Can you get your Masters and Bachelors degree at the same time?

I am considering going into information technologies. I was wondering whether or not I can get my Bachelpr's and Master's degree at the same time in undergrad and/or grad school. #degrees #bs #mba #help...

#highschool

Zena S.’s Avatar
Zena S. Jan 16, 2018 217 views
Abigail C.’s Avatar
Abigail C. Apr 08, 2018 236 views

What of my interests would be worth making minors/majors on my planned degree in environmental engineering?

I plan to get a degree in environmental engineering, but I also love biology, chemistry, biochemistry, and non-science-related Spanish. Would it be too difficult, expensive, or otherwise to add any of those as a second major and/or have the remaining be minors? Especially in the case of...

#degree #degrees #biology #career-path #college-major #college-majors #biochemistry #career-path-planning #chemistry #major #minors #majors-and-minors

Abigail C.’s Avatar
Abigail C. Apr 08, 2018 265 views

Is it worth earning higher than a bachelor's when pursuing a career in environmental engineering?

I plan to get a bachelor's degree in environmental engineering for sure, but would it be worth the time, money($40K/yr at the school I am looking at), and effort to work towards a master's or PhD? #engineering #environmental-engineering #money #debt #degrees #bachelors-degree #bachelorsdegree...

#career-path #career-paths #career-planning #mastersdegree #environmental-science #masters-degree #career-plan #environmental #environment #phd

Dominique C.’s Avatar
Dominique C. Jan 23, 2018 154 views

What are the advantages of pursuing an advanced degree (Masters /PhD), and how can such a degree hurt or help you in finding a job?

I am seriously considering pursuing a PhD in either Vocal Performance or Computer Science, so I wanted to know whether or not it would be worth the time and dedication. #degrees...

#career

Maria Victoria A.’s Avatar
Maria Victoria A. Jan 19, 2018 311 views

What should I do if I graduate from college with a degree I no longer desire?

One of my greatest fears is to go to college for the wrong reason. I don't want to waste anyone's money, time, and efforts helping me only to end up with me being unhappy and no longer passionate at what I do. What should I do if I graduate college with a degree I thought I wanted, but ended up...

#college-advice #help #degrees #happiness #college

Samantha J.’s Avatar
Samantha J. Jan 16, 2018 211 views

Should I get a PH.D, and MD, or and MD/PH.D?

I don't know yet if I want to go into practice or research so I don't know what type of degree to get. can I do research with an MD so thats safer? or do I need an MD/PH.D to do both? #degrees #research...

#neuroscience

Alexandra B.’s Avatar
Alexandra B. Oct 13, 2017 436 views

Getting a BFA v. BA in Musical Theatre?

I am applying to both types of programs for college and was wondering what people like and don't like about each program. #musical-theatre #bfa #ba #fine-art #fine-arts #arts #art #degrees #theatre...

Brenden S.’s Avatar
Brenden S. Feb 08, 2017 325 views

How much do you travel as a construction company owner

I would like to know for my future in constructions #degrees #must #have #business #construction...

#construction-management

Nada D.’s Avatar
Nada D. Dec 07, 2016 425 views

What is a good base degree to obtain before entering medical school?

I am still #undecided as to what I should get my base degree in that would most benefit me for medical school. It would also be a big plus if it helped on the MCAT. #medical-school #medical-education #degrees...

#mcat

Julian V.’s Avatar
Julian V. May 27, 2016 1464 views

How likely are big tech companies such as Apple, Google, Facebook, etc. going to pay for my Master's education in Computer Science?

I am a high school senior about to graduate and attend San Jose State University majoring in Computer Science. I intend to attain a B.S. degree in my major with an emphasis in software engineering. I did some research concerning the degrees associated with my major and found that the average...

#degrees #computer-science #working-in-big-companies #software-engineering #financial-planning

Carmen M.’s Avatar
Carmen M. May 18, 2016 383 views

Is it best to get your Associates in Arts degree first, or go straight towards a BA?

I am rather indecisive on whether I should go for my AA first or go straight for a BA #college #degree...

#degrees

Tristan T.’s Avatar
Tristan T. Feb 09, 2017 656 views

What is the difference between master and bachelor degrees?

I was wondering what you really gained from more. #college #degrees #bachelors-degree...

#masters-degree

Mounia M.’s Avatar
Mounia M. Feb 08, 2017 341 views

What is the best path to become a counselor if I am obtaining my Bachelor of Social Science?

I am currently in school to obtain my Bachelor of Social Science. I am wondering if it is possible to become a Licensed Professional Counselor with a degree that isn't in Psychology or Sociology or should I consider changing my degree? #psychology #career-counseling #career-path #counseling...

#social-science #degrees #social-sciences

Jackie G.’s Avatar
Jackie G. Feb 06, 2017 1119 views

Is there a negative stigma with online degrees?

Are online degrees and certificates looked down upon or considered less than traditional education? #college #degrees #online-learning...

#online-college

Alexus V.’s Avatar
Alexus V. Feb 03, 2017 352 views

What job opportunities are there for a bachelors degree in exercise science/kinesiology?

I am a senior in high school and want to become a Physical Therapist, my undergraduate degree would be in exercise science or kinesiology. After I plan to get my DPT, but if for some reason I don't want to continue my education or life happens after my four years of college I'm interested in...

#degrees #phyisical-therapist #exercise #science #kinesiology #college #exercise-science

jacob D.’s Avatar
jacob D. Oct 26, 2016 406 views

how to be the best animator you can be?

because i would love to become one #animation...

#degrees

James W.’s Avatar
James W. Oct 22, 2016 395 views

What kind of career options will I have with a 2 year computer drafting degree?

I am looking at different job opportunities and parts of the country to live in. #in #degrees #people #with...

#year

Mitchell A.’s Avatar
Mitchell A. Sep 14, 2016 543 views

Will choosing a more populated and highly recognized school over one that is less unheard of matter for careers?

I was always so skeptic about where I wanted to go to school throughout high school. I didn't know whether to apply to a D1 school or a D3 school. Therefore, I made the decision to apply to both. Fortunately, I did get accepted to every school I applied to but just couldn't make up my mind as...

#degrees #college #career #university

Mitchell A.’s Avatar
Mitchell A. Sep 14, 2016 592 views

Does every Psychology major necessarily need graduate school?

I am currently debating on attending graduate school and continuing my education for a Master's Degree. My main concern is that if I decide to not further do my education will it make things harder for myself in the long run to land a job. However, I understand that by getting your Masters you...

#masters-degree #degrees #graduate-school #graduate-programs #psychology

Isabelle L.’s Avatar
Isabelle L. Jul 09, 2016 580 views

If you get two degrees and you find a job that you like but the degree that would be more useful to the job is the minor, will the company be less likely to hire you because it's a minor and not major?

I am asking this because I am thinking whether or not it is a smart choice to do a double major and what would happen if the minor would end up being more use to me. #college #college-major #college-minor...

#degrees

Isabelle L.’s Avatar
Isabelle L. Jul 08, 2016 714 views

Is there a limit on how many minors you can take?

I am wondering what my choices are for the degrees I complete. #college-minor...

#degrees

Amina D.’s Avatar
Amina D. Jun 30, 2016 723 views

DIfference between BA and BS degrees?

I am an astronomy/physics major and am currently pursuing a BS degree. I would like to ultimately work in a scientific discipline and/or for the government, and was wondering if a BS degree makes a big difference from a BA? What kind of job would a BA physics degree candidate be able to have?...

#degrees #jobs #university #government-jobs #physics

Calvin K.’s Avatar
Calvin K. May 28, 2016 387 views

What's the difference between a Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science in Psychology?

How do they differ and in what way does this affect career choices? #career #psychology #degree...

#degrees

Kelly F.’s Avatar
Kelly F. May 24, 2016 1314 views

What is the difference between a B.A.S. and a B.S.?

I am interested in going for my bachelors in some sort of science since I am interested in becoming a marine biologist. I was advised by many people that it is better to have a degree in the sciences rather than specifically marine biology/oceanography. I have looked around at the difference...

#degrees #college-major #science #marine-biology #bachelor