Career Questions tagged July

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Jul 31 84 views

What the key differences between undergraduate and graduate school?

I'm a current undergraduate student who will be graduating in the spring (if things go according to plan), and while graduate school wasn't originally part of my plan, it's something I've begun considering. I've found that there seems to be less advice out there regarding grad school as opposed...

#undergraduate #colleges #schools #school #college #degree #scholarship #graduate #graduate-school #universities #future #degrees #july20 #college-advice #university #advice #higher-education #education #experiences #masters-degree #graduates #july #undergraduates #graduate-schools #experience

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Jul 31 93 views

For anyone who has made a successful career change, what were the most important things you had to do, or what advice would you give others looking to do the same?

I'm a current college student, so I haven't officially started my career yet, but I'm extremely anxious about doing so, especially now that the pandemic has changed life as we know it. I've changed my career aspirations several times already, but now I'm nearing graduation and I'm still...

#college #career-advice #college-student #career-options #scholarship #career-switch #career #future #july20 #advice #career-change #july #graduation #career-changes #career-counseling #career-switches #careers

RACH A.’s Avatar
RACH A. Jul 31 31 views

What kind of scholarships do i have to look for considering im American but living in Nepal?

I have little to no idea about scholarship processes and other details that i might require when i apply to colleges in US. I will be giving my SATs. How do i go about shortlisting colleges or looking for scholarships? i was born in new york. What kind of differences will there be between my...

#college #july

RACH A.’s Avatar
RACH A. Jul 31 62 views

How do i go about selecting colleges? i want to possibly double major in psych and political science

my gpa is around 3.5 (CIE) but i am aiming to get a higher score in my SATs so that it balances out. Im an American citizen studying in highschool in Nepal. What tier of colleges should i aim for? #july...

Dilara S.’s Avatar
Dilara S. Jul 30 67 views

What's a career field that incorporates physics and computer science?

I'm a rising senior in high school and I am interested in physics, calculus, and computer science. I don't know what I want to do in college but I do want to double major. What are some careers that incorporate this? Is it a good idea to double major in physics and computer science? Or is there...

#major #july20 #choosing-a-major #physics #career-choice #college #majors #july #career-plan #career-counseling #computerscience #career #math #careers

Paulina Vanessa B.’s Avatar
Paulina Vanessa B. Jul 30 44 views

What are the challenges of being an ESL teacher?

I am currently studying education and one of my certification tracks is ESL. I am highly interested in being an ESL teacher, especially because I am an international student and also had the experience of being an English Learner. However, my fear is my performance as a teacher in the future...

#july20 #student #education #teacher #july #teachers #teaching #esl

Paulina Vanessa B.’s Avatar
Paulina Vanessa B. Jul 30 36 views

What is good advice to get prepared for Teacher Certification Exams?

I am currently studying an undergraduate degree on Middle School Education in Texas. Although I am about to start my second year of college, I will be graduating earlier than usual and would like to start getting prepared for the certification tests. I am kind of concerned since I am an...

#july20 #college #teachercertification #education #july #texas #esl #career

Krish C.’s Avatar
Krish C. Jul 30 66 views

Which Universities are best for masters in manufacturing and product management or 3d printing?

I am a final year mechanical engineer and I'd like to do my masters in a course where I could build innovative products using my mechanical design skills, though not aesthetic, I'd like its function to help make life easier. An example would be a smartwatch making things more accessible, or...

#mechanical-engineering #career #engineering #july

Emma R.’s Avatar
Emma R. Jul 30 56 views

Training for a job on my resume?

I was hired for a teaching position in March and I completed all the training, but then all the in-person classes were cancelled and they didn't have enough online students for me to teach online. I still technically work there and I'm waiting for classes to return to in-person. Should I...

#teaching #covid19 #july20 #resume #training #jobs #july

Emma R.’s Avatar
Emma R. Jul 30 47 views

Networking virtually?

What are some tips for networking with potential employers when everything is online? #july20 #law #covid19 #virtual #legal...

#july

Laniya W.’s Avatar
Laniya W. Jul 30 61 views

What are the most useful languages to know in the field of International Business?

I am a college freshman who will major in International Business and is choosing a foreign language to study. #field #college #languages #bilingual #business #july20 #july20 #july...

Laniya W.’s Avatar
Laniya W. Jul 30 43 views
Christiana O.’s Avatar
Christiana O. Jul 29 43 views
Madelynne S.’s Avatar
Madelynne S. Jul 29 24 views

What is a typical shift like for a labor and delivery nurse?

I am a sophomore in college and just about to start nursing classes, I am excited about nursing as a career and I am leaning towards working in L&D, but I am not sure, because I have not had experience in that area yet and I am unsure what it would be like. #nurse #nursingstudent #july20...

#july

Madelynne S.’s Avatar
Madelynne S. Jul 29 69 views

What are some tips for preparing for a future career while in college?

I am a college student and wondering what are some practical steps I can take right now to prepare for my future and my career after I graduate. What are some ways that I can build my resume and gain experience while still managing and doing well in school? #career #prepared #july #july20...

#career-development

Alliyah J.’s Avatar
Alliyah J. May 30 150 views

Since the acting and film world is so competitive, how do I succeed in getting my name out there and where do I start?

I am an incoming sophomore at Georgia State University. So many people attend this school, so I don't know where to start making connections in order to get into the acting and film industry. #july #july20 #actress #acting #film #film-acting #college #cinematography #creativity #inspiration...

#love #hope

Alliyah J.’s Avatar
Alliyah J. May 30 118 views

How do I make the best impression on an interview for a film internship?

I really want to get hands on experience in the film industry, so I want to know what they are really looking for and how to stand out. #july #july20 #film...

#internship

Amanpreet K.’s Avatar
Amanpreet K. Jul 29 48 views
tamiya H.’s Avatar
tamiya H. Jul 29 47 views

Is there any degrees you can have to be able to do two careers. So you won’t have to do double collage?

Hi My name is tamiya H, a Junior at Booker T Washington. Who’s looking for help to have a Great future. #july #knowledge #college...

#help

Veronica S.’s Avatar
Veronica S. Jul 29 39 views
Grace T.’s Avatar
Grace T. Jul 29 41 views

What kind of skills will I need for electrical engineering?

I am a rising senior and I am a machinist at my high school and I would like to go into a engineering major #engineering...

#july

Grace T.’s Avatar
Grace T. Jul 29 52 views

What type of Engineering makes the most money?

I am a rising senior and I want to go into engineering and I am a machinist at my school for my shop. #money #career-paths #engineering...

#july

Sierra D.’s Avatar
Sierra D. Jul 29 29 views

What do colleges look for when deciding who to admit?

I care a lot about school, and my future. #july2020...

#july

Sierra D.’s Avatar
Sierra D. Jul 29 20 views

What are some environmental science jobs that I could go to college for?

I love nature, and I would like to study environmental science in college. However, I am not sure of many jobs in this field. #july...

#july2020

olive P.’s Avatar
olive P. Jul 27 113 views

What is the best thing a sophomore in high school can do to start preparing for college?

I’m going into my second year of high school and want to make sure I do everything I can to have a solid application for colleges. I have a 4.3, I do service every week, I am also a dancer and run cross country. What would you recommend? #high-school #college #sophmore #schools...

#july20 #advice #law-school #july #high-school-students #july2020 #law #experience

olive P.’s Avatar
olive P. Jul 26 56 views

What year is best to be an exchange student for someone studying to be a lawyer?

I’m going into my sophomore year of high school and have plans to go into law. It is also really important to me to be an exchange student, preferably in a country with a native language other than English. I think it is important for someone who hopes to practice law to be able to experience...

#colleges #students #july20 #student #college #exchange-student #lawyers #july #july2020 #study #law #lawyer

Allison S.’s Avatar
Allison S. Jul 26 58 views

What are the main differences between a PsyD and a PhD in psychology? What do schools look at in terms of qualifications for acceptance?

I am a senior undergrad student getting ready to graduate with a B.S. in social sciences this December. I am interested in pursuing a higher degree in psychology, but would like to know the main differences between the PsyD and the PhD. I have heard the main differences are that research...

#psyd #doctorate-degree #phd #gradschoolprograms #july

Allison S.’s Avatar
Allison S. Jul 26 32 views

How can I gain the necessary research experience to qualify for acceptance to a psychology PhD program right out of undergrad?

I am a senior getting ready to graduate with a bachelor’s in social sciences this December. I plan to pursue clinical psychology and would like to apply to PhD programs straight out of undergrad. I am desperately seeking a research internship, as I know they are necessary for acceptance, yet so...

#clinicalpsych-phd #july #research