Career Questions tagged Graduation

Annie M.’s Avatar
Annie M. Jul 01 311 views

Is taking 17 credits per semester worth it?

I want to finish my 4-year bachelor's degree in 2 years. I want to get enough ap credits. Right now I want to do something related to business. Is it okay if I take 8 credits the second term of the summer semester before my Freshman year of college? I am talking about the 6-week term. Is it...

#college-advice #apclasses #college-major #college #graduation #college-admissions #finance

Diana M.’s Avatar
Diana M. Feb 27 82 views

How to start before going to college?

what are the steps after High school? What is good advice on preparing yourself for the first year of college #career #college...

#graduation

Sarah H.’s Avatar
Sarah H. Nov 28, 2018 185 views

I'm feeling lost in my Public Relations studies, considering applying for an "executive assistant" position.

I have an internship at a student-run agency at my university but I feel like I'm still not getting "real world" experience. Two of my foundational classes for my major were with terrible professors that no longer work for the department and I don't want to prolong my graduation any longer/pay...

#publicrelations #graduation #assistant #pr #executiveassistant #job #college-major #career-counseling #college #job-search #career

Gabriela M.’s Avatar
Gabriela M. Sep 03, 2018 209 views

Is graduating early a good idea?

I go to a public virtual school where I have the ability to work ahead and graduate early. I've asked many teachers and friends if graduating early is a good idea and I've gotten many mixed responses. Are there any cons to graduating early that could outweigh the pros? #college #education...

#graduating-early #graduation

Luis A.’s Avatar
Luis A. Jan 18, 2018 214 views

Why is it that we have to complete all four years of high school?

I already have more than enough credits and I've taken all the necessary classes to graduate. So why? #done #ijustwannagotocollege #high-school #graduation...

#courses

Magdiel Job Alarcon C.’s Avatar
Magdiel Job Alarcon C. Aug 09, 2018 162 views

What are the best places to look for jobs before and after graduation?

You've spent money, time, and determination to get that college degree. The job market is tough and many students have debt. Where do I look for the right job before and after getting that pricey paper? We're academic ready. But are we job ready? #jobs #graduation #networking #adulting...

#job-search #welcometotherealworld

Cheyenne W.’s Avatar
Cheyenne W. Apr 21, 2018 193 views

Will I graduate from college on time with little to no Financial aid?

I am interested in becoming a labor& Delivery nurse, however, I'm not sure where to start in my future career. #nurse #nursing #college #financial-aid #debt...

#graduation

Ethan G.’s Avatar
Ethan G. Mar 12, 2018 271 views

How important is what I do after I graduate?

I have no idea what I'm going to do when I graduate in the winter of 2020. That's two years away, making me halfway through my college career. I get that I still have time but is it able to have a corporate career if I go and do volunteer work or travel after graduating? #after-graduation...

#college-advice #high-school #career-planning #graduation #college #career-path #career

Samantha B.’s Avatar
Samantha B. Jan 17, 2018 233 views

How different is real life from college?

Does college prepare you tot take care of yourself in the 'real world'? Are the skills I learn here pertinent to life after and if not what resources can I pursue to help me in life? #college-advice #college #graduation #young-adults #life-skills...

#life-transitions

Donovan P.’s Avatar
Donovan P. Jan 17, 2018 189 views

What does it take to graduate from college?

The reason why is because so I would have an idea what to do to be successful in college. #college #graduation...

#academic-advising

Tamron S.’s Avatar
Tamron S. Jan 16, 2018 230 views

What are some good ways to make connections and get ahead while still in college?

Also, how can I land an internship in college and what year of college is best to complete one? What other things should I do in college to give me a more competitive edge for jobs when I graduate? #jobs #internships #extracurriculars #graduation #college...

#networking

Haddy J.’s Avatar
Haddy J. Jan 16, 2018 198 views
Zona Q.’s Avatar
Zona Q. Jan 16, 2018 184 views

Does failing in one elective means that you can not graduate?

i am asking this question because i have computer science AP class and it is really hard and i feel i can't get good grades in it. Somehow i passed my 1st semester but i am worried about my 2nd semester because if i don't pass maybe i have to go summer school and then delay my graduation and i...

#academic-advising #grades #graduation

Emily V.’s Avatar
Emily V. Jan 16, 2018 247 views

Are students able to find a job in their field of study right after college graduation?

I've always seen posts from recent college graduates saying they don't actually find a job they like or in their field. I'm wondering if it's actually true and if I should be prepared for that. #career #graduation #college #job-search...

#career-development

Christi W.’s Avatar
Christi W. Mar 20, 2018 155 views

What are some fun things to do for graduation?

I was wondering what are some ways to celebrate a graduation. I am graduating in May and this will be my first real graduation because I did not have one for my GED. Should I reserve a restaurant for my family to celebrate after? What else could I do without going way over the top? Thank you!...

#college #graduation #graduate

chia O.’s Avatar
chia O. Mar 24, 2018 194 views
Mireia R.’s Avatar
Mireia R. Feb 17, 2018 316 views

Would you recommend graduating early in college if you have all the credits?

My fields of study may require lots of graduate school so is there a way to shorten the time I'm working towards a bachelor's? If so, how? And is that recommended? I really appreciate personal experience and guidance. #college #college-advice #higher-education #colleges #college-major...

#graduation #college-admissions #college-selection #college-bound #early-graduation #college-advising

Rebecca M.’s Avatar
Rebecca M. Jan 24, 2018 194 views
Yabrina C.’s Avatar
Yabrina C. Jan 24, 2018 224 views

Best markets to break into?

I will be graduating with my associates degree soon, and then will be finishing up a few classes to earn my associates in business as well. I would like to know which field of business is best to pursue once I graduate that will allow me to utilize my degrees. #graduation #classof2020 #degree...

#careers #careers-in-business #women-in-business

ALVIN L.’s Avatar
ALVIN L. Jan 17, 2018 231 views

Is it better to get a GED at an undergrad then transfer?

I want to start planning my future for the better!! :) #school-counseling #school #graduation #career-planning #college...

#schoolislife

Alisha S.’s Avatar
Alisha S. Jan 12, 2018 170 views

What qualities make a fresh graduate stand out to employers?

How important is a student's GPA upon graduation? What can one do to increase the likelihood of getting hired? #graduation #hiring #college...

#university

Deana A.’s Avatar
Deana A. Jan 15, 2017 588 views

What are the negative aspects of graduating from university early?

I plan to attend the University of North Texas in the fall. After going over a course plan that I found for my major, social work, I realized that I will not be spending 4 years there. I have accumulated enough AP and dual credit hours to graduate in 3 years if I take 15 hours each semester. My...

#social-work #university #college #graduation #undergraduate

Ahmed M.’s Avatar
Ahmed M. Oct 19, 2015 613 views

How many yeas of college to become a Lawyer?

because l am curious about becoming a Lawyer...

#graduation

Simran  K.’s Avatar
Simran K. May 04, 2014 6634 views

Is it common for students to switch majors? Will it affect how long it takes you to graduate?

I am a high school senior and I have no idea what I want to major in or purse. I was just wondering how common it is for a student to switch majors and how much of a set back it is on your education. #college #college-major #education #graduation...

#switches