Career Questions tagged Publicrelations

Faye W.’s Avatar
Faye W. Sep 02, 2020 341 views

What are some of the careers I can choose? I'm a PR student but don't want to work in an agency.

My major is public relations and I've worked at a couple of agencies that specialize in PR, digital marketing, and advertising. As I gained industry experiences, I realized that agency work is probably not a good fit for me. I do like the creative, fast-paced, everyday-is-not-the-same part of...

career careerpath careercounseling business jobsearch socialjustice mentoring job publicrelations consulting

Celia H.’s Avatar
Celia H. Mar 26, 2020 196 views

What is the largest limitation working in the field of public relations?

I am currently at studying Communications with an emphasis in PR at Utah Valley University. I enjoy long conversations, reading books, and traveling to new countries....

publicrelations

Rachael J.’s Avatar
Rachael J. Mar 26, 2020 352 views

What direction should I take, I'm great at comms and work with refugees and LGTBQ seniors

my BA is in International Relations. I have volunteered in 8 refugee camps in Greece with Syrian and Iraqi refugees. This work was perfect because I was in charge of comms state-side and worked on the ground in Greece, accessing needs, mitigating issues, and being surrounded by people and a...

career lgbtq refugees seniors ngo publicrelations communications

Sarah H.’s Avatar
Sarah H. Nov 28, 2018 504 views

I'm feeling lost in my Public Relations studies, considering applying for an "executive assistant" position.

I have an internship at a student-run agency at my university but I feel like I'm still not getting "real world" experience. Two of my foundational classes for my major were with terrible professors that no longer work for the department and I don't want to prolong my graduation any longer/pay...

career college-major job-search college career-counseling assistant pr job graduation publicrelations executiveassistant

Emily V.’s Avatar
Emily V. May 11, 2018 431 views

How do you make your resume more enticing if you don''t have a lot of experience in the field?

I'm a public relations student and I have no experience in the field of PR. How can I make my resume more attractive to hiring managers without the experience? publicrelations resume...

internships

Emily V.’s Avatar
Emily V. Apr 21, 2018 423 views

Is it necessary to get a masters degree to be a public relations professional?

I'd like to get into the field right after finishing my undergraduate but I know a masters would give me an edge. Is it advised to get a masters and then go into the field, get one later, or not get one at all? publicrelations masters...

masters-degree

Emily V.’s Avatar
Emily V. Apr 20, 2018 657 views

What is the most valuable skill PR firms look for in an intern?

I'm looking for internships right now, in your experience what is the most valuable skill an intern should have at your public relations firm? PR publicrelations...

internships

Kathryn T.’s Avatar
Kathryn T. Mar 19, 2018 580 views

What are some tips for a Public Relations major looking to work with social media?

I'm a Public Relations major with a minor in Sociology. It's almost time to graduate and look for a job. I'm passionate about social media and content creation, so I'd really like to look for something that offers those. Any suggestions/recommendations/tips for what I should take a look at?...

contentcreation agency internship prsa publicrelations socialmedia

Kathryn T.’s Avatar
Kathryn T. Mar 19, 2018 413 views

Is graduate school a necessity now?

I'm finishing up my third year of college, and I'm planning on graduating next year. I'm majoring in Public Relations and minoring in Sociology. I don't know if I should go to graduate school or not? Is it better to have that extra edge when employers are looking at candidates? publicrelations...

career prsa graduate-school sociology

Tanya M.’s Avatar
Tanya M. Feb 12, 2018 637 views

Do big name employers mind if your previous internships were not at big name companies?

I was wondering how HR takes into consideration the locations of where their applicants worked at, and whether working at a small company would matter? (eg. a Marketing Intern for Small Company vs. General Intern for Big Company with some transferrable skills and/or Marketing Intern position...

evaluating-resumes humanresources internships publicrelations marketing

Jordan S.’s Avatar
Jordan S. Jan 24, 2018 349 views

How are you able to balance your point of view with your clients?

I would like to know how PR agents and managers are able to create a strategy that is true to them and to their client. publicrelations...

public-relations

Lauren K.’s Avatar
Lauren K. Jan 24, 2018 561 views

Agency or Industry? The ultimate PR question!

I am graduating in May of this year and there is a lot of talk about going into an agency profession or starting out in industry. I know I want to do social media management, but I don't know if I should start out in agency or industry. Is agency as scary and difficult as people say it is?...

pr agency socialmedia industry publicrelations jobsearch