Career Questions tagged Pr

Brittain’s Avatar
Brittain Feb 07 333 views

What is the job of a Public Relations Manager? Are these only in certain fields?

I really enjoy doing public relations activities, and interacting with the public. I hope to continue doing public relations activities, and eventually lead them. While I enjoy doing PR in the emergency services section, I dont really know how PR works in a company or business....

Daria’s Avatar
Daria Dec 09, 2021 401 views

What hard and soft skills should I have in order to become a good and highly paid PR-specialist?

#career #job-application #college #marketing #PR #business

Hoor’s Avatar
Hoor Apr 14, 2020 592 views

I'm still a student but I'm interested in marketing and I hope you advise me on how can I start in this field and which kind of books or articles I should read? , because I wanna graduate with sufficient skills and experience to find a good job

#marketing
#social-work
#career
#internship
#communication
#pr
#business
#psychology
#books
#articals
#research
#

Sarah’s Avatar
Sarah Nov 28, 2018 646 views

I'm feeling lost in my Public Relations studies, considering applying for an "executive assistant" position.

I have an internship at a student-run agency at my university but I feel like I'm still not getting "real world" experience. Two of my foundational classes for my major were with terrible professors that no longer work for the department and I don't want to prolong my graduation any longer/pay...

Emily’s Avatar
Emily Apr 20, 2018 781 views

What is the most valuable skill PR firms look for in an intern?

I'm looking for internships right now, in your experience what is the most valuable skill an intern should have at your public relations firm?

#PR #publicrelations #internships

Lauren’s Avatar
Lauren Jan 24, 2018 714 views

Agency or Industry? The ultimate PR question!

I am graduating in May of this year and there is a lot of talk about going into an agency profession or starting out in industry. I know I want to do social media management, but I don't know if I should start out in agency or industry. Is agency as scary and difficult as people say it is?...

Lauren’s Avatar
Lauren Jan 24, 2018 551 views

Is it better to take time off right out of college?

What are your thoughts on this? A lot of people have asked me if I am going to take a gap year or go backpacking for a few months. I'd like to know if there is a way to make this travel experience relevant to PR and maybe find a way to use it as a work experience type of thing. Thoughts? #PR...

Wynton’s Avatar
Wynton Jan 24, 2018 431 views

How to give back to your community as a PR professional?

I'm currently studying to become a PR specialist and I was wondering what are some ways to improve the community in this profession. I know we can work for non-profits, but do private or in-house agencies ever give back? #PR #GiveBack

Wynton’s Avatar
Wynton Jan 24, 2018 386 views

How do you know when you're doing well at work?

I just finished an internship at a PR firm over winter break and while the work was a great learning experience, I worry how well my work met professional standards. Should I ask for more feedback next time or is there other ways to improve? #PR #Feedback

Emily’s Avatar
Emily Oct 25, 2017 974 views

What are the main differences between working in house or at a PR agency?

As a second year Public Relations major I have heard some differences between working for a PR agency and working in-house for a company, but I would like to hear more about what daily life in one or the other is life for someone working in the field. Is there one that is preferred for...

Samantha’s Avatar
Samantha May 25, 2016 1496 views

What is a profession you would go into with a degree in PR?

You have graduated with a PR degree but what sort of job do you end up with? #jobs #after-college #pr

Abi’s Avatar
Abi May 22, 2016 798 views

If I want to work at a record company in their PR division, how do I get started?

Thanks for the help #pr #record-labels #record #public-relations #music #performing-arts

Karen’s Avatar
Karen Feb 25, 2015 1504 views

I am a very social person, do you think public relations is a good career choice for me?

Hello. I m a junior in high school and I am looking at different careers. I like to talk to people and I like to make new friends. I am a good communicator and I don't mind being in new situations. I also really like the film and fashion industry and really would want to make connections with...

Julea’s Avatar
Julea Sep 30, 2013 1677 views

Did you have an internship in high school? For marketing people please.

I'm really interested in working in marketing, and my school said that I should try to get an internship in the summer. But I have plans for camp in the summers and I don't know if I can do an internship. Do I really need an internship? For people who work in marketing, did you have an...