Career Questions tagged Pr

Sarah H.’s Avatar
Sarah H. Nov 28, 2018 275 views

I'm feeling lost in my Public Relations studies, considering applying for an "executive assistant" position.

I have an internship at a student-run agency at my university but I feel like I'm still not getting "real world" experience. Two of my foundational classes for my major were with terrible professors that no longer work for the department and I don't want to prolong my graduation any longer/pay...

#college #job #career #career-counseling #executiveassistant #publicrelations #college-major #graduation #job-search #pr #assistant

Emily V.’s Avatar
Emily V. Apr 20, 2018 454 views

What is the most valuable skill PR firms look for in an intern?

I'm looking for internships right now, in your experience what is the most valuable skill an intern should have at your public relations firm? #pr #publicrelations...

#internships

Lauren K.’s Avatar
Lauren K. Jan 24, 2018 378 views

Agency or Industry? The ultimate PR question!

I am graduating in May of this year and there is a lot of talk about going into an agency profession or starting out in industry. I know I want to do social media management, but I don't know if I should start out in agency or industry. Is agency as scary and difficult as people say it is?...

#industry #jobsearch #agency #pr #socialmedia #publicrelations

Lauren K.’s Avatar
Lauren K. Jan 24, 2018 290 views

Is it better to take time off right out of college?

What are your thoughts on this? A lot of people have asked me if I am going to take a gap year or go backpacking for a few months. I'd like to know if there is a way to make this travel experience relevant to PR and maybe find a way to use it as a work experience type of thing. Thoughts? #pr...

#graduating #gapyear #traveling

Wynton Y.’s Avatar
Wynton Y. Jan 24, 2018 205 views

How to give back to your community as a PR professional?

I'm currently studying to become a PR specialist and I was wondering what are some ways to improve the community in this profession. I know we can work for non-profits, but do private or in-house agencies ever give back? #pr...

#giveback

Wynton Y.’s Avatar
Wynton Y. Jan 24, 2018 181 views

How do you know when you're doing well at work?

I just finished an internship at a PR firm over winter break and while the work was a great learning experience, I worry how well my work met professional standards. Should I ask for more feedback next time or is there other ways to improve? #pr...

#feedback

Emily V.’s Avatar
Emily V. Oct 25, 2017 554 views

What are the main differences between working in house or at a PR agency?

As a second year Public Relations major I have heard some differences between working for a PR agency and working in-house for a company, but I would like to hear more about what daily life in one or the other is life for someone working in the field. Is there one that is preferred for...

#pr #public-relations #in-house #pr-agency

Samantha K.’s Avatar
Samantha K. May 25, 2016 1241 views

What is a profession you would go into with a degree in PR?

You have graduated with a PR degree but what sort of job do you end up with? #jobs #after-college...

#pr

Karen L.’s Avatar
Karen L. Feb 25, 2015 1159 views

I am a very social person, do you think public relations is a good career choice for me?

Hello. I m a junior in high school and I am looking at different careers. I like to talk to people and I like to make new friends. I am a good communicator and I don't mind being in new situations. I also really like the film and fashion industry and really would want to make connections with...

#public-relations #celebrity #career #pr #fashion-design #communications

Julea P.’s Avatar
Julea P. Sep 30, 2013 1384 views

Did you have an internship in high school? For marketing people please.

I'm really interested in working in marketing, and my school said that I should try to get an internship in the summer. But I have plans for camp in the summers and I don't know if I can do an internship. Do I really need an internship? For people who work in marketing, did you have an...

#marketing #summer #pr #internship