How do you know when you're doing well at work?

1

I just finished an internship at a PR firm over winter break and while the work was a great learning experience, I worry how well my work met professional standards. Should I ask for more feedback next time or is there other ways to improve? #pr #feedback

1

Glenn’s Answer

1
When it comes to performance reviews, it is important that managers set clear expectations in the first few days of hiring. These expectations should set the tone of your work performance. If you suspect that your performance isn't being reviewed adequately, request a review. You should start documenting what you have done day-to-day (think metrics, impact, etc) and provide these to your manager. They should be able to tell you if you're not meeting expectations, meeting expectations, or exceeding expectations. You should always strive to exceed expectations.
1