Career Questions tagged Graduating

Michael K.’s Avatar
Michael K. Apr 23, 2018

Is it a good idea for a male student with ADHD to go away for college as a freshman?

I am a senior in high school who is graduating this summer. I would like to go away and dorm but I was never away from my parents. I have ADHD, which at times I get impulsive and need a little help in the organization department. I would like to spread my wing and fly but I don't want to fail...

#graduating #adhd

Rebecca S.’s Avatar
Rebecca S. Jan 16, 2018

How do you negotiate salary?

I'll be graduating in a year and want to make more than the base pay but have no idea how to negotiate salary. Please help. #jobs #graduating #salary...

#salary-negotiation

Lauren K.’s Avatar
Lauren K. Jan 24, 2018

Is it better to take time off right out of college?

What are your thoughts on this? A lot of people have asked me if I am going to take a gap year or go backpacking for a few months. I'd like to know if there is a way to make this travel experience relevant to PR and maybe find a way to use it as a work experience type of thing. Thoughts? #pr...

#graduating #traveling #gapyear

Jessica M.’s Avatar
Jessica M. May 18, 2016

Would it be recommended for someone not to graduate early because of their degree?

If I were to graduate early (studying education), I would be teaching as a 19 year old. Would anyone respect me in the work place or hire me? #teaching #education #graduating #age...

#age-in-the-workplace

Kim D.’s Avatar
Kim D. Mar 07, 2017

What's the best and most cost efficient option of Grad school for film / screenwriting students?

I'm months away from graduating with a Bachelor's in Creative Writing and Film & Video Production. My career goal is to become a fiction author and Screenwriter. I'm currently considering several universities to get my Master's in Screenwriting including, Boston University, Loyola...

#graduating #choosing-a-college #screenwriting #college #graduate-school

Georgia B.’s Avatar
Georgia B. Feb 01, 2017

Experience on studying abroad

I am due to graduate this summer of 2017 (hopefully!) and I am considering a masters. I have stayed at a local university to complete my degree and have been considering studying abroad for my masters. I am considering Germany or Spain and I am from England. I was wondering if anyone could...

#graduating #traveling #living-abroad #masters-degree #travel #study-abroad

Dylan S.’s Avatar
Dylan S. Oct 27, 2016

What is life like after attaining a bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering?

Would it be easy to find a job? Is it difficult adjusting to the life of a professional engineer, in contrast to the previous life as an engineering student? #engineering #engineer #mechanical-engineering #after-college...

#graduating