Career Questions tagged Engineer

An Engineer involves the combination of science and math that lead to design or making something. From structural engineer to biomedical engineer, there are many associated career paths. For more...

Taner A.’s Avatar
Taner A. Nov 18 46 views

Any electrical engineers working in tech, such as software engr, big data, cybersecurity?

Hello, I am a junior studying electrical engineering. I am interested to learn from engineers who went into tech. what was your main reason? was it difficult to get into, and the prep you had to do? Finally, how do you cope with staring at code for a long period of time? #givingiscaring #tech...

#electrical #programming #engineer #computer #career

Damarrion A.’s Avatar
Damarrion A. Nov 13 40 views
Caelyn W.’s Avatar
Caelyn W. Nov 10 39 views

How exciting is it being an aerospace engineer? How practical?

I have been interested in engineering for a while and I am most interested in aerospace engineering. Am I better off getting a degree in electrical or mechanical engineering? And what opportunities are out there for an aerospace engineer? #aerospaceengineering #engineering...

#engineer

Marcos R.’s Avatar
Marcos R. Nov 05 97 views

I'm stuck on choosing between engineer, dentist or business careers, where do i begin?

I enjoy playing sports, such as basketball, football and soccer. I would like to find something that will help financially. #dentistry, #engineer,...

#business

Oliverio R.’s Avatar
Oliverio R. Nov 05 63 views

What do electrical engineers do?

I'm 15 years old. I'm not so creative and I'm not to good being social. I like the outdoors. I don't see myself as smart, but a lot of people think I am. #engineer #electrical...

Shandiin B.’s Avatar
Shandiin B. Nov 05 45 views

What is an average work day look like to aerospace engineer?

What do you do on a day to day basis. Take me step by step, what you would do on an average work day. Do you make plans, create new things, come up with ideas? #aerospace #nasa...

#engineer

Tanner H.’s Avatar
Tanner H. Oct 29 26 views

What careers are available for NASCAR teams or the industry?

I like NASCAR and all aspects of it. I would be interested in getting involved in some way with NASCAR and auto racing. #nascar #engineer...

#autoracing

Tanner H.’s Avatar
Tanner H. Oct 29 30 views

What careers are available in the tractor engineering industry?

I like agricultural machines like tractors and combines. I like the engineering field and how things are made. #engineer #agriculture #agricultureengineer...

#tractor

Tanner H.’s Avatar
Tanner H. Oct 29 21 views

What degree would be the best for an agricultural mechanic?

I like the agricultural field of engineering like tractors and similar machines. #agriculture #engineer #mechanic #agmechanic...

#tractor

omar M.’s Avatar
omar M. Oct 29 28 views

How much does a top of the line mechanic make?

I have always been interested in mechanical engineering and wanted to know what are the basic tools and knowledge I need to get into this field work when am older. What can I do now to prepare to be a mechanic? #engineer...

#mechanic

Zackary G.’s Avatar
Zackary G. Oct 27 26 views

How many different fields are there in aerospace engineering?

10th grader who is undecided on what I want to be when I grow up but I'm curious with this career. #aerospace...

#engineer

Abagail V.’s Avatar
Abagail V. Oct 27 62 views

what restaurant do you recommend to work at?

I was thinking about being a waitress because it's a good paying job and I can still go to school while also being a waitress. #part-time-job #worker #school #engineer #jobs...

#waitress

Zackary G.’s Avatar
Zackary G. Oct 23 65 views

If you become an Aerospace Engineer, are you assigned to a specific type of craft, or do the types of crafts differ for each project?

I am in 10th grade looking at potential careers. I have many thoughts going through my head on what occupation I want to go to college for. I really like those big jets, I think they are fascinating. Hope to one day pursue a career in enjoy. #aerospace...

#engineer

jade M.’s Avatar
jade M. Oct 22 67 views

Can chemical engineers work in the food and agriculture industry?

I have read that most chemical engineers work in the oil and gas industry, but I don't really want to work in that industry. My dream is to work in the food and agriculture industry. I would like to create fertilizers or new formulas for food. So can chemical engineers work in this industry or...

#stem #engineering #chemical-engineer #food #science #stemcareers #engineer #agriculture

maeleeke W.’s Avatar
maeleeke W. Oct 15 87 views
Darrion H.’s Avatar
Darrion H. Oct 02 75 views

What colleges can I go to in Tennessee for car engineering?

I like cars and I wanna know a little bit more about how they are made...

#engineer

Christopher L.’s Avatar
Christopher L. Sep 23 162 views

What obstacles did you have to overcome while trying to become a Software Engineer?

Hi my name is Christopher I am a senior in highschool and I want to go to college for Software Engineering. Just had some questions on how people overcame challenges to become an Engineer...

#engineer

Moussa S.’s Avatar
Moussa S. Sep 18 106 views

How much do engineers love there job?

I am a 9th grader who like to understand other engineers feeling on there job which am interested in. #jobs #engineer...

#ceo

Moussa S.’s Avatar
Moussa S. Sep 18 95 views

How much education you need to become a engineer?

I am a 9th grader that like to plan for my future #getready #engineer...

#career

McKenzie C.’s Avatar
McKenzie C. Sep 04 112 views

What's a day in the Life for a mechanical engineer like.

I like math and I'm pretty good at using my hands for work, so I feel like looking towards the career of a mechanical engineer would be something I'd want to do. #engineer...

#mechanical-engineer

Jacob D.’s Avatar
Jacob D. Jul 16, 2019 185 views

What are the different types of ships i work on if i become a shipping engineer?

I am currently in job corps and thinking about training to be a shipping engineer, but i have no clue what that entails and what type of ships i could work on. Do i need a better education/ degree to work on cruise ship sand yachts or would it be the same education level as working on a cargo...

#cargo-ship #ships #engineer #shipping #engineering #yachts #career

Makari J.’s Avatar
Makari J. Aug 14 192 views

What advice do you have for students looking for internships in stem?

I have been applying to many different internships. Some research and some other positions, however I have been having difficulty getting call backs or responses. Do you have any advice about how I can increase my chances of being accepted? #collegeintern #researcher #tech #college #science #...

#engineer #engineeradvice

Karlee M.’s Avatar
Karlee M. Aug 03 123 views

I am wondering what kinds of courses students can take during their K-12 experience to prepare themselves for a career as an aerospace engineer?

I am currently a graduate student studying to be a school counselor. I am working on a project that focuses on preparing student for college and career readiness. #stem #careers...

#engineer

Janki P.’s Avatar
Janki P. Jul 31 114 views

What are some great and important things to remember before applying for an Aerospace Engineering job?

My dream is to become an Aerospace Engineer because planes amazes me every single time. Everytime I see a plane, I wonder how it could lift off when it has 200 or 300 passengers, how it can travel for up to 24 hours without stopping, and etc. I been on planes multiple times and every time I go...

#july2020 #airline-industry #engineer #motivation #aerospace #july20