Career Questions tagged Engineer

An Engineer involves the combination of science and math that lead to design or making something. From structural engineer to biomedical engineer, there are many associated career paths. For more...

Logan H.’s Avatar
Logan H. May 11 82 views

How difficult would you say Mechanical Engineering is, compared to other jobs in the engineering field.

I'm just interested in the engineering field in general, so if this is to difficult I may move down to an easier one.

Mason D.’s Avatar
Mason D. May 04 108 views

1) What does a mechanical engineer's work hours look like?

2) Is it easy to get a job right out of college?
3) What is the starting pay like?
4) What different types of jobs reside inside this degree?
5) Is there a lot of stress in this job?

David B.’s Avatar
David B. May 03 137 views

Software Engineers; What was the first indicator you remember that made you seriously consider this job?

I'm researching the career for a class of mine and I was wondering when you realized that this job would be right for you. Was it something gradual or was it pretty obvious that you wanted to do this.

David B.’s Avatar
David B. May 03 66 views

Software Engineers; How long is your average work day?

I'm just doing some research for a class of mine and i was wondering how long you work each day.

Noah C.’s Avatar
Noah C. Apr 26 88 views
Sam K.’s Avatar
Sam K. Apr 26 146 views

questions on jobs

how long can it take to get the job
how many years of college
is it a dangerous job
what is flown
how much do they make?

Adele M.’s Avatar
Adele M. Apr 12 81 views

I have a Bed (foundation phase) and am in my final year of BA Phycological counselling . Is there a course that I can do to bring the 2 together as a career?

My dream is to be able to work with a child holistically. I was thinking to do a course in play therapy to bring the two degree together. Any ideas on to put the two together as a career? E.g. I want 1 thing that covers both. To put both degrees on a business card does not explain what it is...

William C.’s Avatar
William C. Apr 03 108 views

What college courses should I take to become an engineer?

I'm a junior in high school that wants to major in engineering. I'm also taking classes to achieve my major. However, I was wondering about the different college courses that I should take to become an engineer.

William C.’s Avatar
William C. Apr 03 101 views

What are the challenges that engineers deal with?

I'm a junior in high school that wants to major in engineering. I'm also taking classes to achieve my major. However, I was wondering about some challenges that engineers might have to deal with in their careers

Melvin S.’s Avatar
Melvin S. Mar 08 478 views

How do you achieve work/life balance?

I recently finished up grad school and have entered the workforce as a mechanical engineer. Since there is so much to do, I have been staying up later to manage all the different projects I'm working on. It's a bit overwhelming. Any tips on how I can balance a heavy workload along with other...

Will L.’s Avatar
Will L. Mar 02 240 views

What are the different types of engineering degrees?

I'm in 10th grade. I live in minnesota. I love math and sports. #engineer #math

Ben W.’s Avatar
Ben W. Mar 02 80 views

What college programs should I take to find what type of engineering I should be pursuing?

I have read about all the different types of engineering and have a hard time figuring out exactly which type of engineering I should follow. #Engineer

Ben W.’s Avatar
Ben W. Mar 02 118 views

What High School Classes should I be taking in order to set myself for an Engineering program in college?

Being an Engineer is the path I am currently thinking I would like to follow and wondering how to better set myself in High school. #engineer

Blake F.’s Avatar
Blake F. Mar 02 139 views

What are some good colleges for engineering?

My name is Blake and I am a sophomore in high school. I like the outdoors and being adventurous. I live in Minnesota as well. #college #engineering #job #engineer #high-school

Alexander E.’s Avatar
Alexander E. Mar 01 139 views

what would be some good class to take in college if i want to go into engineering

I am a sophomore in high school and I want to start looking at colleges with a good engineering program and what classes I should take,thanks!
#college #engineer #college-major #classes #engineering

Trystan D.’s Avatar
Trystan D. Feb 25 154 views

What are some things I need to do to prepare to possibly going into the carrier field of Engineering?

I'm planning on likely doing a job that gives me time off but is in the engineering career field. I specifically want to have time to snowboard and have the money to be able to do that. #engineering #engineer

Blake F.’s Avatar
Blake F. Feb 25 173 views

What are some ways to compare different engineering jobs and learn more about them?

I am a Sophomore in high school and I am a very outdoorsy person and I would like to do some sort of Engineering. I would love to find out more about all kinds of Engineering jobs and find out which one would fit me best. Thanks!
#engineering #engineer #job #career

Will L.’s Avatar
Will L. Feb 25 149 views

What is a good college for engineering?

I'm in 10th grade. I live in minnesota. I love math and sports.
#engineering #engineer

Kiley T.’s Avatar
Kiley T. Feb 07 207 views

What kind of classes should I take to become an Technology Engineer? How many hours do technology engineers work a week? What can be a good goal to go into the technology industry?

I love tech and like building things. I have many interests that involve technology and engineering. But I don't know that much about what technology engineers do and how much they have to be in school. #engineer #engineering #technology #tech #computer-engineer