Career Questions tagged Engineer

An Engineer involves the combination of science and math that lead to design or making something. From structural engineer to biomedical engineer, there are many associated career paths. For more...

Chivirikani H.’s Avatar
Chivirikani H. Jul 11 10 views

Where can I do practicals

Am having N1 in boiler maker I need a workshop where they are offering practical...

#engineer

Jishnav K.’s Avatar
Jishnav K. Jul 09 30 views

What is the difference between electrical and electronic engineering? Which will be better for the future?

I am a 11th grade high school student who is interested in neuroscience as well as engineering. Since the body's nervous system uses a variety of electrical impulses to function, I thought what better way to combine the two principle than getting an engineering degree. Now, I am not sure...

#electrical-engineering #engineer #engineering #electronic_engineering #neuroscience

Victwhon N.’s Avatar
Victwhon N. Jul 08 48 views

What is the benefits of being an Mechanical Engineer?

I'm still in high school. I'm going to the 11th grade but I want to be a mechanical engineer. So I just want to know some things about being an engineer. #engineer #engineering #mechanical-engineering #aerospace-engineering...

#mechanical-engineer

Victwhon N.’s Avatar
Victwhon N. Jul 01 117 views

How can you become a better engineer?

I am a high school student. I want to go to a divisional 1 college when I graduate from High School. #engineer #engineering #high-school #college...

#graduate-school

Samantha C.’s Avatar
Samantha C. Jun 12 271 views

Should I join the Air Force or go to College?

Hi, My name is Samantha and I am 1 of 5 siblings. None of which went to college or made a life of themselves. But I am the only one out of 5 that is super smart and has excellent grades. I am a student that have straight A's and could possibly get a scholarship. But on the other hand, I looked...

#engineer #college #military

Daliya A.’s Avatar
Daliya A. Jun 05 113 views

I wonder if civil engineering would appeal to me

I'm starting my last year of high school and my class is specialized in maths, phusics and informatics. #engineer #civil...

#civil-engineering

George S.’s Avatar
George S. May 27 228 views

What volunteering positions are great in order to become a Software Engineer?

I am a Junior at Aviation High School, the past 2 weeks I spend my time trying to find remote volunteering roles. Some of them included WordPress Mentor, Data Entry and Remote Student Mentor/Tutor. Are they any other volunteering positions that could help land my first job at a tech startup or...

#computer #tech #volunteer #engineer #technology #internship #software

Taner A.’s Avatar
Taner A. May 26 162 views

How much remote work is possible as an Electrical Engineer?

Hello, I am a sophomore Electrical Engineering student, I'm sure this varies depending on the branch of EE, but how much remote work is possible working as an EE? Furthermore which type of EE's usually have the most option for remote work? Thank you for your time and help! #engineering...

#engineer #job #electrical-engineering

Tylar M.’s Avatar
Tylar M. May 26 386 views

Should I become a doctor or an engineer?

I am 12 years old and I dream of living in NY when I'm older but the cost of living in the city can be very expensive. Doctors get paid a lot more than engineers, but being a doctor can be time consuming and stressful. So I just want to know which choice would be better. I want to know how long...

#engineer #engineering #health-care #career #doctor

Rachel D.’s Avatar
Rachel D. May 26 88 views

What does it mean to be an electrical engineer?

I am a senior in high school and I applied to college as an undecided engineering major. I have watched numerous videos provided by colleges on what each field of engineering entails and what really interested me was electrical engineering. I am curious about what an electrical engineer does...

#stem #college #engineer #electrical-engineering

Rachel D.’s Avatar
Rachel D. May 26 119 views

What basic knowledge do you need in order to pursue a future in engineering?

I am a senior in high school and I took numerous AP classes in my junior and senior years. During my senior year, I took AP Calc BC, AP Physics, and AP Computer Science. Were these classes enough to get me started in being an engineer? Also, what should I take in college to further help me...

#career #stem #college #engineer

Thomas S.’s Avatar
Thomas S. May 22 148 views

What are some effective ways to transfer into the biomedical engineering field after getting a bachelor's in biology and environmental engineering?

I am currently a fourth year student (graduating after one more year) at the University of Georgia pursuing a B.S. in Biology and a B.S.ENVE in Environmental Engineering. I added my environmental engineering degree during my second year because I wanted to supplement my biology curriculum with...

#environmental-engineering #engineer #biology #engineering #biomedical-engineering

Tylar M.’s Avatar
Tylar M. May 20 90 views

Could a SW Engineer live a good life in New York?

I´m trying to decide between a SW Engineer and a doctor. I know Engineer´s get paid less and NY, is very expensive... #engineer #newyork...

#doctor

Ashley T.’s Avatar
Ashley T. May 19 162 views

Is it possible for someone without an engineering bachelors degree to go to grad school for engineering?

At the time I applied for college I was interested in Comp Sci so I entered school as a Math - CS major (about to end my first year). After seeing career fairs, I feel like mechanical engineering seems much more interesting and fun but my GPA is not high enough to switch majors (the cutoff is...

#graduate-school #college #engineer #mechanical-engineering #engineering #career #college-major

Jane S.’s Avatar
Jane S. May 16 224 views

How do I know if engineering is the right field for me?

Hi! I'm currently a high school student trying to figure out what to major in for college. I enjoy solving problems and learning math/science, but I've never really been the type of person to take things apart and put them together just for the sake of it. Could I still consider being an...

#college #engineering #science #major #solutions #math #engineer #technology #tech

Taner A.’s Avatar
Taner A. May 07 121 views

Any Electrical Engineering hobbies,skills,books to get into while in quarantine?

We still have over a week left till things start open up, I'm a sophmore EE student. Any hobbies, skills, books to check out to become a more valuable engineer!? Thank you for your help and time. #engineering #engineer #student #student...

#electrical

SURYA M.’s Avatar
SURYA M. May 07 236 views

how to know choose a career

I am undecided highschooler , interested in technology and computerscience but wouldlike to use them as tools... #technology #stem #stem #professional #it...

#engineer