Career Questions tagged Cyber Security

For a peek inside the industry, check out Spark 101's Cyber Security Snapshot video

Mariam A.’s Avatar
Mariam A. Jan 22, 2019 195 views

What is the difference between cyber security and forensic technology? Or are they the same thing?

I really love programming and information technology and I want to develop my skills even further. I also love science and problem solving so I think that cyber security or forensic technology would both be interesting careers for me. Are there other options? And are there any courses,...

#science #information-technology #cyber-security #computer-science #coding #programming #technology #forensics

Mariam A.’s Avatar
Mariam A. Jan 22, 2019 165 views
Anthony W.’s Avatar
Anthony W. Jul 28, 2018 287 views
Ralph P.’s Avatar
Ralph P. May 22, 2018 328 views

Which math is the most helpful in the field of Computer Science

I am planning on attending Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI) as a freshman this fall to study Computer Science and when reviewing course requirements, I saw that there was an open spot for math meaning I could fill it with any math of my choice. Other required math courses were Probability...

#cyber-security #wpi #college #appdeveloper #computerscience #cybersecurity #math

Jordyn M.’s Avatar
Jordyn M. Apr 24, 2018 379 views

Computer science vs Cybersecurity BS?

My school offers a BS in Computer Science and a BS in Cybersecurity. No specializations, they are their own separate BS degrees. They offer similar classes in the beginning, but then change and become more focused near the end. I am wanting to know, if anyone knows, what each field is like? For...

#compsci #infosec #cybersec #computerscience #cyber-security #technology #cyber #cybersecurity

Harry B.’s Avatar
Harry B. Jan 17, 2018 319 views
Armando T.’s Avatar
Armando T. Mar 16, 2018 321 views

What are some great resources, websites, or techniques that I can use to continue developing my programming skills?

I want to retain and improve what I'm learning in class in terms of coding skills as well as learning new languages and skills. #programming...

#cyber-security

Jake A.’s Avatar
Jake A. Jan 22, 2018 283 views

Which government agency is best to go into for cyber-security?

I want to be in a cyber-security team for the US government serving in one of the intelligence branches (CIA, DoD, DIA, FBI, NSA, etc.) and I want to know which one would be best for me. If possible, I'd like to stay in a local area and not have to move to one location (I live in Arizona and...

#cyber-security #dod #cia #government #fbi

Jake A.’s Avatar
Jake A. Jan 22, 2018 271 views

What's it like being a part of a cyber-security team in a government agency?

I'm really thinking about majoring in Computer Science (Information Assurance) and going into a government agency like FBI, CIA, DIA, DoD, or any of the other like-minded branches. What's it like? How different is the public sector in this career from the private sector? Would you switch to...

#cyber-security #dia #dod #technology #cia #fbi

Jacqueline S.’s Avatar
Jacqueline S. Jan 16, 2018 333 views

What is the most important thing I should consider before I start a career in cyber security ?

We live in a world that relies on the internet. I think that people do this without thinking about the issues being involved. This includes a business, company or individuals. I’m really interested in cyber security and I want to know more #technology #cybersecurity #information-technology...

#cyber-security

Armando T.’s Avatar
Armando T. Dec 20, 2017 425 views

What are some reliable websites or places that provide students with resources such as scholarships, grants, etc?

I'm no different from many other college students in terms of realizing that going to college is quite expensive. Most of us find ourselves struggling to find financial aid and resources that will allow us to pursue our chosen profession. As a grad student, I've had to apply for loans and I...

#graduate-school #cyber-security #financial-aid #scholarships #grants #student

Armando T.’s Avatar
Armando T. Dec 20, 2017 362 views

What are some jobs relevant to cyber security that I can acquire while attending graduate school ?

I'm in my first year of my cybersecurity graduate program and I want to obtain a part-time job working in roles related to cybersecurity. I'm wondering what kinds of positions I should be looking for that will allow me to obtain relevant experience. I would like something that will better...

#cyber-security #law-enforcement #web-development #cyber #law #information-technology

Marcel W.’s Avatar
Marcel W. Dec 13, 2017 348 views

What do I need to do to be able to work in Cyber Security?

My name is Marcel and I´m 17 years old. I have thought about what I want to be in life and that is a couple of different things. I have thought about doing something in cybersecurity, gaming, social media, application designer, or something in the technology field relate to those categories....

#career-goals #cyber-security #mobile-applications #social-media #gaming #technology #cybersecurity #gaming-industry

Armando T.’s Avatar
Armando T. Nov 29, 2017 315 views

What can I do to prepare and acquire a cyber security internship?

I'm halfway through my first year in my Cyber Security Master's program and I want to take any necessary steps to obtain the experience that I need to acquire a great job after graduation. I've never had any experience with applying to internships, specifically in cyber security and related...

#cyber-security #internships #information-security #cybersecurity-workforce-development #cyber #cyber-crime #cybersecurity

Nickolas L.’s Avatar
Nickolas L. Oct 30, 2017 5435 views

Does Cyber Security require alot of math?

Lets just say I am no math buff, It has to be my worst subject. I have always had a hard time with mathematics,and I am curious is Cyber Security require alot of math or not. #cybersecurity #computer-security #computer-networking #computer-and-network-security...

#cyber-security

Nickolas L.’s Avatar
Nickolas L. Sep 21, 2017 412 views

I am a Junior in High School and I was wondering what I can do now to prepare for a job in Cyber Security

I am asking because I told my uncle who is constantly telling me to be smart about what I choose to do and I am not genius when it comes to my education I am smart in some areas but in stuff like Science and Math I show my weakness. And I am asking to see how other people in my similar...

#cyber-security #highschool #computer-security #computer-programming

Gwendolyn F.’s Avatar
Gwendolyn F. Sep 02, 2017 385 views

How do I get more information about becoming a Private Investigator/Detective?

I am a Cyber Security Student with Corporate experience in Information Security. I was wondering if the CIA or NSA are the places to look into? #criminal-justice #information-security #cyber-security #citi...

#women-in-tech

nicholas M.’s Avatar
nicholas M. Feb 21, 2017 638 views
Daniel G.’s Avatar
Daniel G. Feb 28, 2017 817 views

How to prepare for Cyber Security as a high school student?

I'm interested in doing Cyber Security in the future but I don't know how to prepare for it. I'm still in high school and I am taking computer programming related courses like CSAP. #computer-science #computer-programming #cyber-security #computer-networking...

#computer-security

Melissa A.’s Avatar
Melissa A. Feb 17, 2017 527 views

Is it worth paying a decent amount of money to participate in a job fair?

I have an opportunity to attend a job fair, but for one day, the amount seems to be a little extreme. I just wanted to know are these expenses worth it considering the connections one may make. Especially when the job fair is Women in Aviation and my Master's degree is in Criminal Justice in...

#cyber-security #aviation #recruitment #government #human-resources

Brandon H.’s Avatar
Brandon H. Feb 09, 2017 574 views

What is the best online program for obtaining cyber-security experience?

I may be planning on going into the cyber-security/network security, so I was wondering where and what would offer me the best experience and knowledge on security basics at any place and anytime. #networking #cyber-security #computer-security #it-management #online-learning #network-security...

#security-basics

Brandon H.’s Avatar
Brandon H. Feb 09, 2017 423 views

What parts of a network will require management while configuring basic cyber-security?

I am asking this because I am in the Information Systems Technology field (IST), but I am debating on whether I should use my office experience to go into management or cyber-security. My basic understandings are on Cisco Networking Academy, so please elaborate on whether the security measures...

#cyber-security #cisco-technologies #routers #switches

Eric B.’s Avatar
Eric B. Feb 07, 2017 535 views

What is the best path for a student of information technology or related field that wishes to start a career in Information Security?

I am graduating soon, and want to work in Information Security. What certifications, if any, are required/appropriate? Should I get programming work experience before attempting to move into Information Security? Is there any other advice that you can give that might help me break into the...

#cyber-security #information-security #cybersecurity

Elijah C.’s Avatar
Elijah C. Oct 31, 2016 517 views

Can someone explain Data Mining?

I've heard about this field of study under computer science called Data mining. I wanted to know exactly what it was and how difficult it is. #computer-software...

#cyber-security

Ryan M.’s Avatar
Ryan M. Oct 30, 2016 495 views

What kind of jobs can one pursue with a degree in cybersecurity, and would a computer science degree open more doors?

My main goal in college is to achieve a master's degree in cybersecurity, however, I'm not sure if computer science would have a broader spectrum of career paths. #computer-science #computer #cyber-security #computer-security...

#cyber-defense

aleya S.’s Avatar
aleya S. Oct 29, 2016 574 views

Does the Airforce have a field in cyber security?

I'm interested in cyber security and the Airforce. It would be great if I could do that in the Airforce. I haven't talked to a recruiter yet, so I don't know their fields. #military #air-force...

#cyber-security

aleya S.’s Avatar
aleya S. Oct 29, 2016 737 views

What kinds of things do people do in Cyber Security?

I have heard that they hack into a server for weaknesses in it, so they can make the server more safe from attacks. Is there more to it? #technology #cyber-security...

#computer-security

Casey H.’s Avatar
Casey H. Oct 26, 2016 646 views

What states have the largest emerging cybersecurity field?

Im looking to go where I will be able to collaborate with the mosst amount of professionals in my field and make the most money, what states am i most likely to achieve that in? #cyber-security #security...

#network-security