Career Questions tagged Cyber Security

For a peek inside the industry, check out Spark 101's Cyber Security Snapshot video

lakshitha P.’s Avatar
lakshitha P. Jan 11 111 views

How to Fix Avast High CPU Usage

Avast High CPU Usage: Why does the Avast service use such a high CPU avast high cpu usage #general...

#cyber-security

Giridhar N.’s Avatar
Giridhar N. Aug 11, 2020 201 views

Are B.Sc Cyber Forensics students eligible for an M.S. in Cyber Security?

I have completed my 12th std. and am planning on doing a B.Sc in Cyber Forensics. I am definitely going to pursue a masters degree in the United States but wanted to know if I would be eligible for an M.S. in Cyber Security. Or... do I have to stick to an M.S. in Digital Forensics?...

#computer-security #cyber-security #career

Gabe P.’s Avatar
Gabe P. Apr 03, 2020 444 views

Is it smart to get a second bachelor's degree in Information Technology?

Hi. I'm Amy - I go by Gabe. I have a bachelor's degree in political science and a master's degree in public administration . I am in the process of changing career paths into information technology and am particularly interested in moving into a cyber security role, maybe in cloud security. I...

#information-technology #technology #programming #cyber-security #computer-science

Giridhar N.’s Avatar
Giridhar N. Mar 20, 2020 232 views
Mariam A.’s Avatar
Mariam A. Jan 22, 2019 325 views

What is the difference between cyber security and forensic technology? Or are they the same thing?

I really love programming and information technology and I want to develop my skills even further. I also love science and problem solving so I think that cyber security or forensic technology would both be interesting careers for me. Are there other options? And are there any courses,...

#technology #programming #cyber-security #coding #computer-science #forensics #science #information-technology

Ralph P.’s Avatar
Ralph P. May 22, 2018 458 views

Which math is the most helpful in the field of Computer Science

I am planning on attending Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI) as a freshman this fall to study Computer Science and when reviewing course requirements, I saw that there was an open spot for math meaning I could fill it with any math of my choice. Other required math courses were Probability...

#computerscience #wpi #appdeveloper #cyber-security #math #cybersecurity #college

Jordyn M.’s Avatar
Jordyn M. Apr 24, 2018 538 views

Computer science vs Cybersecurity BS?

My school offers a BS in Computer Science and a BS in Cybersecurity. No specializations, they are their own separate BS degrees. They offer similar classes in the beginning, but then change and become more focused near the end. I am wanting to know, if anyone knows, what each field is like? For...

#cyber #technology #infosec #cybersecurity #cyber-security #compsci #computerscience #cybersec

Harry B.’s Avatar
Harry B. Jan 17, 2018 449 views
Armando T.’s Avatar
Armando T. Mar 16, 2018 437 views

What are some great resources, websites, or techniques that I can use to continue developing my programming skills?

I want to retain and improve what I'm learning in class in terms of coding skills as well as learning new languages and skills. #programming...

#cyber-security

Jake A.’s Avatar
Jake A. Jan 22, 2018 404 views

Which government agency is best to go into for cyber-security?

I want to be in a cyber-security team for the US government serving in one of the intelligence branches (CIA, DoD, DIA, FBI, NSA, etc.) and I want to know which one would be best for me. If possible, I'd like to stay in a local area and not have to move to one location (I live in Arizona and...

#fbi #cia #government #dod #cyber-security

Jake A.’s Avatar
Jake A. Jan 22, 2018 394 views

What's it like being a part of a cyber-security team in a government agency?

I'm really thinking about majoring in Computer Science (Information Assurance) and going into a government agency like FBI, CIA, DIA, DoD, or any of the other like-minded branches. What's it like? How different is the public sector in this career from the private sector? Would you switch to...

#cia #technology #fbi #dia #dod #cyber-security

Jacqueline S.’s Avatar
Jacqueline S. Jan 16, 2018 525 views

What is the most important thing I should consider before I start a career in cyber security ?

We live in a world that relies on the internet. I think that people do this without thinking about the issues being involved. This includes a business, company or individuals. I’m really interested in cyber security and I want to know more #technology #cybersecurity #information-technology...

#cyber-security

Armando T.’s Avatar
Armando T. Dec 20, 2017 612 views

What are some reliable websites or places that provide students with resources such as scholarships, grants, etc?

I'm no different from many other college students in terms of realizing that going to college is quite expensive. Most of us find ourselves struggling to find financial aid and resources that will allow us to pursue our chosen profession. As a grad student, I've had to apply for loans and I...

#graduate-school #scholarships #cyber-security #student #grants #financial-aid

Armando T.’s Avatar
Armando T. Dec 20, 2017 540 views

What are some jobs relevant to cyber security that I can acquire while attending graduate school ?

I'm in my first year of my cybersecurity graduate program and I want to obtain a part-time job working in roles related to cybersecurity. I'm wondering what kinds of positions I should be looking for that will allow me to obtain relevant experience. I would like something that will better...

#cyber #information-technology #law-enforcement #web-development #cyber-security #law

Marcel W.’s Avatar
Marcel W. Dec 13, 2017 492 views

What do I need to do to be able to work in Cyber Security?

My name is Marcel and I´m 17 years old. I have thought about what I want to be in life and that is a couple of different things. I have thought about doing something in cybersecurity, gaming, social media, application designer, or something in the technology field relate to those categories....

#social-media #mobile-applications #technology #gaming #cyber-security #cybersecurity #gaming-industry #career-goals

Armando T.’s Avatar
Armando T. Nov 29, 2017 478 views

What can I do to prepare and acquire a cyber security internship?

I'm halfway through my first year in my Cyber Security Master's program and I want to take any necessary steps to obtain the experience that I need to acquire a great job after graduation. I've never had any experience with applying to internships, specifically in cyber security and related...

#internships #cyber #cybersecurity #cyber-crime #cyber-security #information-security #cybersecurity-workforce-development

Nickolas L.’s Avatar
Nickolas L. Oct 30, 2017 6410 views

Does Cyber Security require alot of math?

Lets just say I am no math buff, It has to be my worst subject. I have always had a hard time with mathematics,and I am curious is Cyber Security require alot of math or not. #cybersecurity #computer-security #computer-networking #computer-and-network-security...

#cyber-security

Nickolas L.’s Avatar
Nickolas L. Sep 21, 2017 533 views

I am a Junior in High School and I was wondering what I can do now to prepare for a job in Cyber Security

I am asking because I told my uncle who is constantly telling me to be smart about what I choose to do and I am not genius when it comes to my education I am smart in some areas but in stuff like Science and Math I show my weakness. And I am asking to see how other people in my similar...

#computer-security #highschool #cyber-security #computer-programming

Gwendolyn F.’s Avatar
Gwendolyn F. Sep 02, 2017 488 views

How do I get more information about becoming a Private Investigator/Detective?

I am a Cyber Security Student with Corporate experience in Information Security. I was wondering if the CIA or NSA are the places to look into? #criminal-justice #information-security #cyber-security #citi...

#women-in-tech

nicholas M.’s Avatar
nicholas M. Feb 21, 2017 823 views
Daniel G.’s Avatar
Daniel G. Feb 28, 2017 944 views

How to prepare for Cyber Security as a high school student?

I'm interested in doing Cyber Security in the future but I don't know how to prepare for it. I'm still in high school and I am taking computer programming related courses like CSAP. #computer-science #computer-programming #cyber-security #computer-networking...

#computer-security

Melissa A.’s Avatar
Melissa A. Feb 17, 2017 640 views

Is it worth paying a decent amount of money to participate in a job fair?

I have an opportunity to attend a job fair, but for one day, the amount seems to be a little extreme. I just wanted to know are these expenses worth it considering the connections one may make. Especially when the job fair is Women in Aviation and my Master's degree is in Criminal Justice in...

#human-resources #government #aviation #cyber-security #recruitment

Brandon H.’s Avatar
Brandon H. Feb 09, 2017 714 views

What is the best online program for obtaining cyber-security experience?

I may be planning on going into the cyber-security/network security, so I was wondering where and what would offer me the best experience and knowledge on security basics at any place and anytime. #networking #cyber-security #computer-security #it-management #online-learning #network-security...

#security-basics

Brandon H.’s Avatar
Brandon H. Feb 09, 2017 521 views

What parts of a network will require management while configuring basic cyber-security?

I am asking this because I am in the Information Systems Technology field (IST), but I am debating on whether I should use my office experience to go into management or cyber-security. My basic understandings are on Cisco Networking Academy, so please elaborate on whether the security measures...

#routers #cyber-security #switches #cisco-technologies