Career Questions tagged Financialaid

Sophia W.’s Avatar
Sophia W. Oct 17, 2018
Jose M.’s Avatar
Jose M. Aug 26, 2018

What's the best site for scholarships?

I'm a high school Senior and I need as many scholarships as I can because we are in need of financial aid but we are not U.S. Permanent residents yet, so we need as much help as we can. #visa #U.S. #high school #help #high-school-students...

#financialaid

Savannah W.’s Avatar
Savannah W. Aug 22, 2018

If signing up for a scholarship/grant is simply a sweepstake is there any danger of it being a scam?

I am trying to apply for scholarships through many websites and have come across quite a few that just want to ask me survey questions. Is there a danger in answering them since they are about where I live and what I do?...

#financialaid

Christen R.’s Avatar
Christen R. Jul 19, 2018

Is it possible to go back to school when I'm already in debt?

I'm going back to school. The problem is, I already hold a bachelor's degree that's only good for working in a dying industry that no longer pays what it once did, and it's difficult to get #financialaid when you've already graduated once. I'm applying for every scholarship I'm eligible for. Is...

Jeremy B.’s Avatar
Jeremy B. Jun 11, 2018

Is it necessary to minor in chemistry if I am interested in the criminal forensic laboratory field?

Hello, I am a current student at Xavier University located in Cincinnati, Ohio (Go Muskies!). I am double major in criminal justice and psychology and will hope to complete Xavier University with a bachelor degree in science. With my immense passion for justice, I want to take my bachelor...

#xavieruniveristy #financialaid #studentloan #lowincome #jesuitcollege #laboratory #1kscholarship #psychology #scholarship #musketeer #criminaljustice #lab #xavieru #fafsa #criminal #science #chemistry

Kaitlin P.’s Avatar
Kaitlin P. Apr 23, 2018

Do students receive more financial aid at private or state schools?

Which type of school normally offers more financial aid to students? Private or state owned?...

#financialaid

Aubrey H.’s Avatar
Aubrey H. Mar 20, 2018

Why is it so confusing getting student loan information?

I find a lot of information about why private student loans are the worst way to go to pay for school, but as the last of 8 kids in my family I need to pay my way through college. I received a good package from my school, but there is still a gap and it seems like no one from my financial aid...

#studentloans #finacialadvice #financialaid #privateloans

Diana S.’s Avatar
Diana S. Mar 19, 2018

When applying for scholarships, what are some ways I can make myself stand out so that I can be more competitive?

I am trying to apply to as many scholarships as possible, but I always feel like I do not stand out enough. #financialaid #collegeisexpensive...

#collegedebt

McKenzie W.’s Avatar
McKenzie W. Mar 19, 2018

Where can I find grants that can be used even if I'm going to school out of state?

For example, I live in Michigan and most Michigan grants I find can only be used on Michigan schools... But I'm going to school in Indiana and really need some financial aid assistance!...

#financialaid

Mikayla O.’s Avatar
Mikayla O. Mar 16, 2018

If I am asked to apply for financial aid, did I get accepted to the college?

I have been asked to apply for financial aid by multiple colleges and afterward, I receive my admission packet. #collegeapps #financialaid...

#acceptance

Jose P.’s Avatar
Jose P. Mar 14, 2018

If I am selected for verification for FAFSA and am unable to submit the documents needed to complete the verification process, how will that affect me?

I was selected for verification but am having difficulty ordering the necessary tax return transcript needed for the verification process for one of the schools I applied to and have tried all avenues (calling, ordering online, going in person to local IRS office) to request the document but...

#financialaid #fafsa

Alex B.’s Avatar
Alex B. Mar 05, 2018

Can I study abroad in multiple locations? Is this financially attainable?

I hope to study cultural anthropology and journalism, so travel is absolutely crucial to my success professionally and as a student. I hope to travel to Africa (where I want to focus my studies) as well as Europe simply because I am fascinated by the continent and diverse cultures that serve as...

#financialaid

Nikol P.’s Avatar
Nikol P. Jan 21, 2018

How can I earn more financial aid from schools than what they give me?

Soon I will be applying to college and as most of you already know, it costs a lot of money. My household income isn't enough to cover all 4+ years of college and I want to go to a college that has a high tuition. #tuition #school...

#financialaid

Brandi C.’s Avatar
Brandi C. Jan 17, 2018

Can my G.P.A. get me financial aid for school?

I've always been a good student. All A's most of the time. I have a 4.0/4.0 G.P.A and I want to go to college. I am in concert choir, showchoir, and marching band and am working on finding a part time job as I will have to pay for most of my schooling myself. With that being said I really need...

#financialaid #gpa

Jilly H.’s Avatar
Jilly H. Jan 16, 2018

Why is it so difficult for non-traditional students to get financial aid?

As a student who is not right out of high school, nor has the ability to have parental assistance, I have found it almost impossible to find scholarships and/or grants for someone such as myself that is classified as a non-traditional student. Not to mention, it's impossible to obtain student...

#college-scholarships #nontraditionalstudent #financialaid #loans

Amber S.’s Avatar
Amber S. Sep 30, 2017

How do you decide on which scholarships to apply for or how do you apply for financial aid?

I am trying to afford college next year and I need some advice. #scholarships #scholarship...

#financialaid

Stephen N.’s Avatar
Stephen N. Sep 01, 2017

If going to college puts you in major debt, whats the best way to get out of it?

My family is sacrificing a lot by sending me to college and of course I feel guilty. I feel pressured to try my best and excel as a student, but doesn't everyone? Financial assisntance is part of the road to success and if going to college doesnt pay off the debt that it may put you in, can it...

#collegefreshman #financialaid