Career Questions tagged Psychology

Psychology is the study of how the mind works and the behaviors connected to it. Some of the most popular careers as a psychologist are clinical, organizational, and counseling. For...

Lanesa C.’s Avatar
Lanesa C. 1 hour ago 0 views

Currently pursuing a master’s degree in criminal justice, looking for a forensic psychology internship

So I am in my master’s degree program however, my undergraduate degree is in psychology. Psychology is the field where most of my experience is in. I wanted to know 1: will I be able to get a forensic psychology job even though my master’s degree is CJ? 2: Can anyone connect me with a...

#criminal-justice #psychology #degree #forensic

Laureale C.’s Avatar
Laureale C. 2 days ago 29 views
Alek Z.’s Avatar
Alek Z. 2 days ago 25 views

What are the educational requirements for someone wishing to become a Psych major in college?

Psych has become a fascination of mine, and I'm willing to do whatever it takes to get the most out of any college program....

#psychology

Alek Z.’s Avatar
Alek Z. 2 days ago 38 views

With my intentions of being a psych major, what kind of classes will I be taking in college?

I plan to major in psych, and then a dream of mine would to become a therapist or a school counselor. I fully intent on getting my masters as well. #college...

#psychology

Jenny L.’s Avatar
Jenny L. Jul 02 32 views

What steps do I need to take to join the Behavioral Analysis Unit of the FBI?

I am currently a psychological science and criminology major at the University of California, Irvine. My dream career is a Special Agent who "profiles" a criminal and their behavior in order to understand the criminals. I am aware that in order to be considered for this job, one must first...

#law #psychology #fbi #criminal-justice #criminal-profiler #career #forensic-psychology

Natalia M.’s Avatar
Natalia M. Jul 02 46 views

Do you feel that a psychology major is "worth it"?

#psychology #psychiatrist I would love to attend college studying a psychology major, but just about every teacher I speak to tells me that it takes very long to obtain a degree, and the right amount of education to get a...

Carolina V.’s Avatar
Carolina V. Jun 30 167 views

When do you come to terms of accepting failure or deciding to quit?

I began college as a Animal Science major and realized it wasn't for me. I'm currently a Psychology major, but I'm hoping to still be eligible of becoming a vet student. I keep holding onto the idea that you don't have to be a traditional vet student to be qualified. I have no direction of what...

#veterinarian #psychology #veterinary #veterinary-medicine #college

Samyukta S.’s Avatar
Samyukta S. Jun 28 103 views

Is it worth it?

Becoming a psychologist requires at least 12 years of studying, but I found out that they just earn as much I thought they earn. Suppose I graduate from a prestigious university like Harvard med school, and then become a psychologist; will all the studying and hard work be worth it? Will I get...

#money #medical #psychology

Anthony S.’s Avatar
Anthony S. Jun 28 74 views

I'm a 3rd year in college and I dont know if I should I keep my major, switch it, or become Undeclared for now?

I am a 3rd year in college recently I have upgraded my major from pre-psychology to psychology. The thing is that I'm not sure if I want to stick with Psychology , because I really don't know what I want to do anymore and am not sure if this is the right major for me anymore. Some majors I'm...

#psychology #college #biology #research #college-major #major #business #university #undeclared

Samyukta S.’s Avatar
Samyukta S. Jun 27 81 views

What's the exact difference between a Psychologist, a Psychiatrist and a Neurologist?

I know the gist of the differences between a Psychiatrist and a Psychologist...but it would really help to know the exact differences {including average salary differences} between these three branches. #psychiatry #psychology #counseling #neuroscience #medical #doctor...

#medicine

Linguere J.’s Avatar
Linguere J. Jun 25 85 views

Hi i al interested in three domains psychology (+++++) nutrition (+++) and management (++++)

#clinical-psychology i was thinking about majoring in management and minor in psy or nutrition or majoring in nutrition and minoring in psy And i was thinking if you could pleuhelp me decide which on is more “doable” in terms of time..... money...... concentration.... #management #psychology...

#college-major #nutrition

Eve M.’s Avatar
Eve M. Jun 24 113 views

What career paths does Psychology take you?

I'm a college sophomore that majors in Psychology and I would like to know if I'm making the right decision. #psychology #college-major...

#career-choice

Rhina B.’s Avatar
Rhina B. Jun 19 86 views

what jobs can i look into with an AA in Behavioral and social science?

Hello, I am a 20-year-old student who just graduated from a community college with an AA in Behavioral and social science, I am on my way to a CSU to obtain a bachelor's in psychology. For the time being, I am trying to find a. job/ internship that can help expand my career path, any...

#psychology #college #career #job-search #social-work #behavioralscience #job #apply

Dhabya I.’s Avatar
Dhabya I. Jun 19 77 views

Is majoring in both computer science and psychology possible?

I’m a year 10 student and I know It’s way too early to start thinking about what I should major in when I get into college, but I can’t help but think about it because I’m stuck between computer science and psychology, I love both equally, so I thought, maybe I could major in both but I’m not...

#psychology #college-major #computer-science

Samyukta S.’s Avatar
Samyukta S. Jun 17 63 views

What can I do at my age that will help me succeed in getting into Harvard Medical school and becoming a doctor?

I'm 14, and my heart is with psychology. And getting admitted into Harvard Medical School is my BIGGEST dream. Since it is SO hard to get in, i feel like I should start doing something at this age itself to achieve my goal. can someone help? #psychology #medical #medical-education #doctor...

#harvardmed-school

Ashley M.’s Avatar
Ashley M. Jun 17 164 views

How do I know if this is the best career path for me?

I really wanted to join and experience the opportunities that this program will potentially have to unfold for me, and that truly is me and who I am as person, but there’s definitely more to it I definitely know that. I love helping people in any way shape or form and leaving any type of impact...

#psychology #career-choice

Ray K.’s Avatar
Ray K. Jun 15 129 views

What are some jobs related to social justice?

I've come to realize that my only passion is social justice, especially for lgbtq and poc. I do also have a desire to help people and a knack for writing. However I feel like I would not thrive on one-on-one work like becoming a councelor because it feels too personal and too much pressure,...

#politics #law #psychology #social-justice #criminal-justice #lawyer #political-science

Christopher K.’s Avatar
Christopher K. Jun 14 59 views

Are there any certificate licensed jobs I can get as an undergraduate other than a registered behavioral therapist that relate to the field of psychology?

Psych and Neuroscience second year undergrad student. I have a friends who enjoys teaching and is currently working as an RBT. I was curious if there are any other similar types of jobs which are true professions that I can begin as an undergrad without a bachelor's degree. #psychology #college...

#career

Rochele W.’s Avatar
Rochele W. Jun 09 79 views

what does it take to be a psychologist?

I am interested in psychology.. and have some knowledge of the field. However, I would love to know more about it......

#psychology

Charlotte Y.’s Avatar
Charlotte Y. May 31 82 views

What does a psychologist do?

I going to be a junior in high school next year, and i a m planning on going into the medical field. I am interested in psychology, however I do not know too much about what exactly they do on a day to day basis, patients they deal with, etc. #psychology #medicine #medical #medicine #doctor...

#psychiatry