Career Questions tagged Psychology

Psychology is the study of how the mind works and the behaviors connected to it. Some of the most popular careers as a psychologist are clinical, organizational, and counseling. For...

Beth M.’s Avatar
Beth M. 20 hours ago 12 views
Ray K.’s Avatar
Ray K. yesterday 13 views

How can I combine my interests in psychology and nutrition?

What jobs are available to me? I am majoring in psychology for my BS and my college does not offer nutrition but they do have biology, biochemistry, exercise science, and health science. What should I do? Do I need grad school? #psychology...

#nutrition

Beth M.’s Avatar
Beth M. May 08 53 views
Chastity V.’s Avatar
Chastity V. May 07 36 views

What's involved in being a therapist?

I'm Chastity and I'm thinking about being a therapist. Thank you for taking your time #psychology #physical-therapist #therapists...

#therapist

Beth M.’s Avatar
Beth M. Apr 29 69 views

What is the best part about psychology?

I want to know what it's like studying psychology. The best and the worst....

#psychology

NAYLA Y.’s Avatar
NAYLA Y. Apr 21 68 views

should i be a psychologist or psychiatrist?

i want to know which field is better in order to pick my stream for college....

#psychology

Arianna M.’s Avatar
Arianna M. Apr 07 118 views

What degree plan should I go for to become a Forensic Psychologist.

The on campus schools that I want to go to don't have a Forensic Psychologist degree and neither do any of the other schools I have looked up. I was wonder is there anyway that I could go get a degree plan for this career. #career #future #college #career-plan...

#psychology

Katie M.’s Avatar
Katie M. Mar 15 142 views

What courses do I need to clear for an career in the psychology field?

I´m a freshman in high school who wants to major in psychology or related areas. I heard that some courses that you take don´t matter at all or aren´t useful in the career you are in. So I´d like to know to get a heads up. #career #career-choice #career-counseling #job...

#psychology

Anouk B.’s Avatar
Anouk B. Mar 05 226 views

What is studying psychology like in college?

I have always been interested in psychology and mental illnesses and I think would enjoy majoring in it. I like learning and would especially want to expand my knowledge on this topic and possibly pursue it....

#psychology

Madison M.’s Avatar
Madison M. Mar 04 70 views

how many years of college do you need to be a forensic psychologist?

I would like to go into the forensics, more specifically phycology, and I was curious as to how long I should expect to go to college for. #psychology...

#forensics

Abby C.’s Avatar
Abby C. Mar 03 164 views

Tips for choosing between law and psychology careers

Hi, my name is Abby! I am a junior in high school and have to start thinking about how I want to spend the rest of my life making money (fun!) and would really appreciate some help. Some of the paths I am considering are psychology because I love the psych classes I have taken, and law because...

#money #psychologist #industrialpsychology #exams #iopsychology #corporatelaw #inhousecounsel #law #team #politics #psychology #generalcounsel #lawyer #organizationalpsychology #law-school #humanresources #politicalscience #forensicpsychology

Kristina G.’s Avatar
Kristina G. Feb 25 129 views

What career paths can you take when majoring in psychology?

Hi, i'm a sophomore in high-school and am thinking about majoring in psychology in college! What can I do with a major in psychology? What are the pros and cons to majoring in psychology? #psychology #major...

#choosing-a-major

lily L.’s Avatar
lily L. Feb 25 86 views

What are some colleges that is good for anyone who wants to major in psychology?

I am a sophomore in high-school that wants to major in psychology, but I don't know what college to go to for that major. #major...

#psychology

Alyssa L.’s Avatar
Alyssa L. Feb 23 108 views

What neuroscience/psychology related jobs does the FBI offer

I Find the way The brain works very fascinating and have always been interested in why people do what they do. Im very into crime shows and have always dreamt of being in the FBI. #psychology #fbi...

#crime

Manasvi H.’s Avatar
Manasvi H. Jan 31 94 views

What majors should I take up in college?

I'm interested in philosophy, psychology and english literature, and I can confidently say I can do well in these fields since its all I've ever been doing since I started to understand the importance and jobs. Although there aren't many good colleges or unis I can find that offer all three...

#university #college #english #majors #overseasstudiesconsidered #psychology #philosophy #study #literature

Kimberly C.’s Avatar
Kimberly C. Dec 10, 2020 263 views

Is the FBI BAU as intense as the show Criminal Minds interprets it?

Hello! My name is Kim and I’m fifteen years old. Growing up I’ve always been fascinated with true crime, and unsolved mysteries, etc. I came across the show and I really liked it! It’s quite intense but I’m always up for a challenge! I’ve very curious about being a profiler. It seems very easy...

#bau #fbi #profiler #psychology #truecrime #socialscience #forensic

David C.’s Avatar
David C. Oct 30, 2020 121 views
Maria A.’s Avatar
Maria A. Oct 16, 2020 163 views
Heather G.’s Avatar
Heather G. Oct 21, 2020 165 views

Psychologists working environment

As a psychologist what is your work space like? Where do you evaluate patients? Do you have an office and is it in the same place you work with patients?...

#psychology

Janelle J.’s Avatar
Janelle J. Sep 02, 2020 258 views

how do I get started with choosing a career?

#psychology I'm starting my senior year in high school this fall, but I'm not sure what I should do. I have a huge interest in psychology and I want to major in psych, but my father says that it's pretty hard to finds jobs with a psychology degree. I just need some guidance on what steps I...

Madelyn M.’s Avatar
Madelyn M. Aug 28, 2020 149 views

What are some possibly careers related to psychology or psychology and racism?

I would like to do something is psychology maybe but i do not want to be a psychiatrist. Are there any suggestions possibly related to psychology with racial awareness? #psychology #career...

#racialawareness

C L.’s Avatar
C L. Jul 29, 2020 673 views

How Do You Keep Yourself Motivated? (Insights from all industries are welcome! )

Hello everyone! Tech industry is ever changing, new tools/frameworks keep popping up. For example, using React hooks in the React App has been gaining popularity since its release. Another example is the new features of JavaScript (ES6/7/8/9 /10......) Questions: 1. Given the...

#technology #lifelonglearner #programming #education #personaldevelopment #learning #coding #psychology #motivated #selflearning #career #webdevelopment #reactdeveloper

Jenny L.’s Avatar
Jenny L. Jul 02, 2020 395 views

What steps do I need to take to join the Behavioral Analysis Unit of the FBI?

I am currently a psychological science and criminology major at the University of California, Irvine. My dream career is a Special Agent who "profiles" a criminal and their behavior in order to understand the criminals. I am aware that in order to be considered for this job, one must first...

#psychology #criminal-justice #career #forensic-psychology #criminal-profiler #law #fbi

Samyukta S.’s Avatar
Samyukta S. Jun 27, 2020 3460 views

What's the exact difference between a Psychologist, a Psychiatrist and a Neurologist?

I know the gist of the differences between a Psychiatrist and a Psychologist...but it would really help to know the exact differences {including average salary differences} between these three branches. #psychiatry #psychology #counseling #neuroscience #medical #doctor...

#medicine