Career Questions tagged Psychology

Psychology is the study of how the mind works and the behaviors connected to it. Some of the most popular careers as a psychologist are clinical, organizational, and counseling. For...

Kadija C.’s Avatar
Kadija C. Jun 17 59 views

Who are some of the worlds greatest psychologist with great theories?

What are some of their collected works? For example your favorites.

Annette G.’s Avatar
Annette G. Jun 17 49 views

What career could one do with a B.A. In psychology that would help get to either criminal psychologist or forensic psychologist?

I understand that these careers requires a doctoral degrees however what other carers will help me get to my potential goals. In other words, what jobs would be best for a person with only a bachelors in order to gain experience towards a criminal psychology & forensic psychology

Alessia L.’s Avatar
Alessia L. Jun 09 115 views

how to keep going

what's the best way to keep going and working while fighting depression and anxiety?

Izabela T.’s Avatar
Izabela T. Jun 07 87 views

I'm currently in high school, but I have an interest in Psychology right now and I am wondering what it would entail if I want to pursue that in University and after that?

I enjoy the psychology class I am in right now and I like the idea of pursuing something in that area but I am not sure what to really do now. I should probably take a psychology class at University but I don't know what else there is and how to look at using that for my future.
Thanks!

Aayush R.’s Avatar
Aayush R. Jun 05 94 views

How do I proceed in high school if I have an interest in Psychology?

What should I be doing in order to figure out if the field is really for me?

Leila C.’s Avatar
Leila C. Jun 03 73 views

What are some things you expreince first hand in a hospital by just being a psychologist

What are some of the things you will see? what about cases you might deal with? how will you deal with them? How do i know this is right for me??

Subha G.’s Avatar
Subha G. May 29 131 views

What type of jobs can I get with a bachelor's degree in Psychology (BA)?

Im currently a college student who is a Psychology BA major. I don't really want to spend more time in school getting a master's.

Sarah Amelia T.’s Avatar
Sarah Amelia T. May 29 97 views

Psychology major advice

Can you still become a clinical psychologist with a BA in Psychology? And are there specific psychology fields that don't require a PHD or PSYD? I'm interested in the field but I don't know if I want to spend 12 years in my life at school.

Amity S.’s Avatar
Amity S. May 20 98 views

Is psycology a good thing to major in if I want to minor in pre-law?

I don't know what I should do I have always wanted to be a lawyer and to help people but I also know that as a lawyer you could potentially have to represent a client who has a severe mental disablilty or who just struggles with mental health in genral I just want to be prepared. I could just...

amanda M.’s Avatar
amanda M. May 16 123 views

What does it take to become a licensed Psychiatrists?

How much college and training does it take to become a licensed Psychiatrist? What type of work do you do as a psychiatrist? What is the best way to approach this type of work? should you have a compassionate heart. What are some things to look forward to in the career?

josie M.’s Avatar
josie M. May 16 134 views

What kind of work do you do as a psychiatrist?

I am very curious of what is a typical day for you? How does your day start for you? What kind of hands on work do you do? Are you usually in a office type setting just talking ? Is there anything you didn't expect when you started working ?

josie M.’s Avatar
josie M. May 16 148 views

How difficult was it to become a psychiatrist?

Although i don't find school to be much of an interest to me, I know it takes at least twelve years to complete. Was the school difficult for you? Did it pay off in the end? Have you changed your career path since you were in school?

josie M.’s Avatar
josie M. May 16 143 views

Why did you choose to be a psychiatrist?

As much as i desire to help, I get stuck not understanding if the only thing i'm truly interested in is understanding the mind and how it works. Would i be able to thrive in a profession that deals with helping people more then just dealing with medical aspects?
Do you have any suggestions for me?

sanaa B.’s Avatar
sanaa B. May 12 97 views

what are the steps after college to become a therapist?

I want to become a therapist in order to help change people's lives for the better, but I'm not sure where that process begins and what steps to take after.

Allie E.’s Avatar
Allie E. May 07 151 views

What colleges have good psychology programs?

I'm a junior about to be senior in high school and my ideas for a career has changed multiple times. Im now interested in psychology but I have no idea where to start. Id like to stay near New England so any recommendations would be great. Thanks!

supyae P.’s Avatar
supyae P. May 01 112 views

I'm a secondary 2 student in my country. So, which subjects should I take in IGCSE to become a writer or a psychologist? Can you suggest one for me between computer science and biology?

Could you give me suggestions for my life and career? I really appreciate each of your suggestions. Thank you very much!!

cheyenne J.’s Avatar
cheyenne J. Apr 29 144 views

How many years of college will it take overall to get the degrees i need to officially become a therapist?. What is the positive outcome to being a therapist?.

I wanna know for fact that I need to get ready for staying in college for more time that is needed for the my career choice because depending on the ages i choose to help that can determine how much school its gonna take.

Yasmine M.’s Avatar
Yasmine M. Apr 29 135 views

How did you get into your current job? what is your story? did you know you wanted to do that? what was your struggle?

I just want to know your story and get a lesson or be inspired.

Erika M.’s Avatar
Erika M. Apr 27 215 views

Is it hard to become a neuropsychologist ?

If yes, could you explain why?

sanaa B.’s Avatar
sanaa B. Apr 27 130 views

When it comes to psychology/ being a psychologist what is the best way to deal with other people's emotional baggage, or not letting what they tell you effect you personally

Personally I think It's harder to connect with someone without somewhat sympathizing with what they're saying; it takes a massive toll on my own emotional state and I want to get better at not letting that happen

Adele M.’s Avatar
Adele M. Apr 12 96 views

I have a Bed (foundation phase) and am in my final year of BA Phycological counselling . Is there a course that I can do to bring the 2 together as a career?

My dream is to be able to work with a child holistically. I was thinking to do a course in play therapy to bring the two degree together. Any ideas on to put the two together as a career? E.g. I want 1 thing that covers both. To put both degrees on a business card does not explain what it is...

Ashley Z.’s Avatar
Ashley Z. Apr 04 174 views

In clinical psychology, what is the best way to approach a client who is struggling internally? Was there ever a situation in which you didn't know how to respond to something a client told you? If so, how did you handle it?

I'm interested in learning more about clinical psychology and its practices, but I noticed that I freeze up whenever someone close to me tells me about mental illnesses or issues that they have been going through. In these sorts of situations, I want to support them and make them feel better,...

Kailun C.’s Avatar
Kailun C. Apr 04 104 views

What are some things to look forward to in psychology major in college

Just wondering what are some things to look forward to as a psychology major in college. Like what are some classes to look forward to taking for psychology?

isys L.’s Avatar
isys L. Apr 04 162 views

What should I consider when choosing between psychology and economics??

Im unsure what major to choose or jobs to take

Nai V.’s Avatar
Nai V. Mar 29 147 views

Psychologist or a baker?

I have been thinking on my career since I finished school, about 2 years ago. I have a degree in psychology and I am currently working as a young educator and I volunteer as a chat operator, basically providing emotional support to all of our clients. I love to listen and to help out...

Aditi D.’s Avatar
Aditi D. Mar 24 152 views

how much is or will the psychology field expand ? and what is one of the best countries to get your psychology degree from ?

i am a ninth grader i have recently been interested in the psychology field so i would like to know more about it

GRACE M.’s Avatar
GRACE M. Mar 03 135 views

What schooling do I need to work as a clinical psychologist in New Jersey and what credentials do I need?

#psychology #clinical-psychology

Gabriel C.’s Avatar
Gabriel C. Mar 02 164 views

In which cities can I go to be taught to weld underwater?

I live in El Paso, TX. I was born here in El Paso. I really like what he talks about welding. because everything that has to do with underwater welding inspires me #college #psychology #college-major

Lily C.’s Avatar
Lily C. Mar 02 205 views

How do you know if psychology is the right field for you?

#psychology #clinical-psychology #college #undecided

Allie K.’s Avatar
Allie K. Mar 02 137 views

What are some good colleges to pursue psychology at?

I'm looking for ideas of colleges that would be good for getting a degree in Psychology. #psychology