Career Questions tagged Psychology

Psychology is the study of how the mind works and the behaviors connected to it. Some of the most popular careers as a psychologist are clinical, organizational, and counseling. For...

Mela B.’s Avatar
Mela B. Mela B. 17 hours ago 24 views

How should I choose between two career options?

I want to be a therapist, but I am not sure if I want to go as far as being a psychologist or just being a counselor. #psychology #therapy...

#career-path

Latavea T.’s Avatar
Latavea T. Latavea T. 18 hours ago 14 views

How do I become a Music Therapist

I love music and I want to help people when I am able to. I sing and I want to study psychology when I get to college. #music #psychology #singer...

#singing

Camryn F.’s Avatar
Camryn F. Camryn F. Jul 30 31 views

What is the difference in being a psychologist vs. a therapist?

I recently graduated from Renaissance High School in June of 2021. I will be attending Michigan State University in the fall and I am majoring in psychology. I plan to use my degree to become a therapist and eventually own my own private practice. #psychology #therapy...

#career

Mrunal U.’s Avatar
Mrunal U. Mrunal U. Jul 19 74 views

Will there be any jobs available for me if don't complete my doctorate in psychology and only masters?

I personally want to complete my master's in psychology and not doctorate....but I'm not quite sure if there is a scope for the job if I do. Also, I'm a bit concerned about the pay too! Would really appreciate your help on this. #psychology...

#counseling

Naaima Z.’s Avatar
Naaima Z. Naaima Z. Jul 15 107 views

How should I get involved during the summer?

I am in 9th grade and want to get into a college like UCLA majoring in psychology. I wanted to do something specific to my interests of psychology this summer but I am lost. I have asked my sister and other family to help but they clearly did not do much. What should I do this summer that you...

#college #summer #psychology

se Z.’s Avatar
se Z. se Z. Jul 15 114 views

Confused if i should choose psychology as my career option!!

Hi, i was wondering if choosing psychology would be a great choice after my 12th. I would like to know from professionals and experienced people working in this field. i would also like to know some of the merits and demerits for choosing this subject. thankyou :) #psychology #career #college...

#advice #clinical-psychology #accounting #suggestion

Da'Nita G.’s Avatar
Da'Nita G. Da'Nita G. Jul 06 67 views

Is this realistic?

I want to make a business. I want to work with children, teens and animals. It will be like a mental and physical therapy. The children will get help with life. Like emotional, mental, physical support or with life, school and family. The animals will be rescued and fixed up. The children and...

#physical-therapy #animals #psychology #teens #doctor #surgeon #children

Donovan O.’s Avatar
Donovan O. Donovan O. Jul 02 59 views

What is this website all about

My name is Donovan. I"m 16 going into 12th grade this September. One thing I look forward to into looking into this website is finding more about the career goal I'm pursuing which is becoming a therapist....

#psychology

maxie F.’s Avatar
maxie F. maxie F. Jul 01 54 views

What are My Goals for The Future

my dream career is to be a behavioral analyst and work for the FBI’s behavioral analysts unit as a profiler #psychology #career-paths #psychiatry #period...

#career-counseling

Dynasty T.’s Avatar
Dynasty T. Dynasty T. Jul 01 73 views

Is psychology the right major to becoming a homicide detective ?

I am a sophomore in college and i am majoring in psychology with a minor in criminology. I am going for my bachelors degree hoping to become a homicide detective. I know that all detectives has to start out as a police officer but i dont want to be a police officer. I read online that i could...

#college #criminal-justice #psychology

Mrunal U.’s Avatar
Mrunal U. Mrunal U. Jun 30 55 views

Will i have opportunities if complete my masters in psychology?

I want to complete my doctorate in psychology but because of my financial condition, I think I won't be able to do so. I can complete my master's, but I am afraid I won't have opportunities with a master's #psychology #college...

Mrunal U.’s Avatar
Mrunal U. Mrunal U. Jun 30 94 views

I am 16 year old and have no idea what to do in college. is choosing psychology a good option?

I love reading books, designing, and helping people. I have a dream of becoming a therapist but my mom is sort of against it. I am super confused as to what to choose so that I'll be happy and can provide income to myself and my family. #psychology #college...

#career

Jade C.’s Avatar
Jade C. Jade C. Jun 30 55 views

How many years of school do you have to do to become a teacher?

I want to be teacher but at the same time i want to be a Criminal Psychologist. But i don't know if i could be a Criminal Psychologist . #psychology...

#education

Tyler B.’s Avatar
Tyler B. Tyler B. Jun 30 116 views

I'm confused on what career I should focus on.

My main interest are science, math, drawing, phycology and computers science. I'm trying to think of a career that would suit me best, I know I'm young but I love to plan ahead. #career #science #computer #math #science #psychology...

#computer-science

melody A.’s Avatar
melody A. melody A. Jun 29 75 views

what is my career goal ?

I want to be a profiler apart of the behavioral analysis unit in the FBI. #psychology #career...

#criminal-justice

Angel N.’s Avatar
Angel N. Angel N. Jun 28 60 views

Hello, my name is Angel and I am currently seeking a job and work experience in the mental health department or any department where i help and interact with people.

I'm in my first year of university, studying Bachelor of Arts. I am passionate about mental health and helping people become better versions of themselves. I aspire to help people and ensure those I come in contact with are in a better place emotionally, mentally and spiritually. I'd love to...

#mentalhealth #career #healthcare #psychology #casemanager

Clare D.’s Avatar
Clare D. Clare D. Jun 25 73 views

Advice for picking an undergrad major?

Hello! I am trying to pick an undergrad major, and I am very indecisive! Currently, I am looking at many majors ranging from policy to marketing. I love FASHION, ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE, ACTIVISM, and PSYCHOLOGY! If anyone knows of any undergrad majors that are vague or versatile enough for me...

#psychology #undecided #fashion-design #fashion #highpaying #college #environmentalscience #college-major #major

Bryce J.’s Avatar
Bryce J. Bryce J. Jun 25 47 views
Umayyah K.’s Avatar
Umayyah K. Umayyah K. Jun 24 48 views

What do I need in order to be a forensic psychologist, and how challenging is this job ?

I am in high school going to 10th grade in September , I enjoy Law but also helping and understanding people. So that’s where I thought forensic psychology would be a good fit, but I’m not sure on the process and what it’s actually like . #forensic #psychology #criminal-justice...

#law

Emerald S.’s Avatar
Emerald S. Emerald S. Jun 23 65 views

Job help for a recent psych undergrad

Hello! I'm a recent college graduate who's low-income. I plan to eventually go to graduate school once I can afford it but as I'm entering the "adult" world, I'm curious about what jobs to apply to that still have some relevance to what I studied in school for. There's a research assistant but...

#college #psychology #undergraduate #jobhelp

Kenya S.’s Avatar
Kenya S. Kenya S. Jun 22 70 views

will i receive help with my career once i graduate?

i plan on being a psychiatrist and i want to know what i will be offered once i finish jobcorps #psychology #career-counseling #graduate-school #career...

#scholarship

Alisen N.’s Avatar
Alisen N. Alisen N. May 24 102 views

describe your job as a forensic psychiatrist.

I am a current ninth grader who has an interest in the forensic psychiatry field and would like to interview a forensic psychiatrist on his/hers/their work for a career blog assignment in my class. #psychology...

#forensics

Alisen N.’s Avatar
Alisen N. Alisen N. May 25 95 views

what's your schedule like being a forensic psychiatrist? is it busy or relaxing?

hi, i'm alisen, a rising sophomore who needs a forensic psychiatrist to interview for a career blog project. #forensics...

#psychology