Career Questions tagged Hr

C L.’s Avatar
C L. Sep 29 357 views

HOW TO STAND OUT FROM A VIDEO INTERVIEW?

For all professionals & students who are reading my post, I thank you for your time and I appreciate any suggestions you share! Please take care of yourself. CONTEXT: Because of COVID, most companies are conducting interviews via video. I found that it's more challenging to leave a good...

#technology #careercoach #hr #recruiter #interview #jobs #interviewprep #career

C L.’s Avatar
C L. Aug 08 243 views

How to engage more audiences on Linkedin?

To all professionals reading this post, thank you for your precious time! I hope all is well on your end! :) Context: I like to use Linkedin to look for jobs and connect with like-minded people. However, my posts don't usually generate a lot of views. I don't know how LinkedIn algorithm...

#technology #influencer #recruiters #algorithm #consulting #hr #professionals #careeradvice #strategy #writer #contentcreator #linkedin #career

C L.’s Avatar
C L. Jul 18 302 views

How do you overcome imposter syndrome?

As a self-taught web developer, I often wonder whether I am competent enough to apply for web developer jobs that typically require a degree in Computer Science & require 2+ years (or more) of relevant work experiences for junior web developer position. The requirement section in the job...

#technology #interview-prep #hr #jobpost #coding #careeradvice #technicalskills #softskills #impostersyndrome #webdevelopment #humanresource #career #july20

Tsz Ho Y.’s Avatar
Tsz Ho Y. Feb 13 163 views

What personalities are the finance field looking for?

I have sent some applications to different companies and banks but only a little of them offered me an opportunity of aptitude test. #finance #internship #business...

#hr

Rachel A.’s Avatar
Rachel A. Dec 03, 2019 275 views

Career advice for directionless psychology graduate

I recently graduated with a bachelor's degree in #psychology and I am looking for a #career-path that will be fulfilling, suit my interests, and not require more than a #master's degree. I'm an introvert, but I am interested in helping/understanding others. I enjoy puzzles, learning,...

#healthcare #genetic-counseling #hr #school-counseling #nursing #marketing

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jun 20, 2018 489 views

Is human resources a good major?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! #college...

#hr #college-major #human-resources

C L.’s Avatar
C L. Jan 12, 2018 451 views

What is organizational psychology all about?

Psychology major undergrad. Thinking about future. Which school offer organisational psychology program? (grad studies) What is it like? What can you do with it? Any personal experience you can share with me if you are in the program? Thank you! #psychology #hr #organization...

#career-choice #organizational-psychology #career-counseling #industrial-organizational-psychology

C L.’s Avatar
C L. Jul 25, 2017 1140 views

What's your weakness?

College student seeking internship position. Well, no one is perfect, we all have weakness. During the interview, I found this question a bit tricky. I would like to know how you approach this kind of question. What does HR really want to know from this question? #interview #hr...

#interviewing-skills #college #interview-preparation #career-counseling #job-application

Katelyn Y.’s Avatar
Katelyn Y. Jan 27, 2017 650 views

What does someone who goes into HR do?

If I decided to go into HR with my degree, what would I do? What do Human Resource people do? #human-resources...

#hr

Nicole C.’s Avatar
Nicole C. Jan 24, 2017 715 views

What skills are most useful or desired for a job in Human Resources?

What skills are most applicable for a job in HR and what skills are employers looking for? #business #human-resources #hr...

#hr-consulting

Nicole C.’s Avatar
Nicole C. Jan 24, 2017 685 views

How much knowledge of finance is required to work in Human Resources?

What extent of knowledge of finance is required in order to handle compensation duties in HR? What skills should I look to acquire in finance in order to get a job in HR? #business #human-resources #hr...

#hr-consulting

Nicole C.’s Avatar
Nicole C. Jan 24, 2017 750 views

What is the difference between working in Human Resources for a specific company and HR consulting?

What is different about working in house for a company and working for a consulting firm? Has anyone worked in both roles and is able to compare and contrast the two? #business #human-resources #consulting #hr...

#hr-consulting

Nicole C.’s Avatar
Nicole C. Jan 23, 2017 446 views

How can you get started in Human Resources if you do not have a degree in Business?

If you have a bachelor's degree in a field other than business, how can you enter into the business field? What are good jobs to start at in order to make this transition? #business #human-resources #hr...

#graduated

Nicole C.’s Avatar
Nicole C. Jan 23, 2017 575 views

What do you do in Human Resources?

What are the responsibilities of someone working in HR and what can you expect your day to look like? #business #human-resources #hr...

#hr-consulting

Nicole C.’s Avatar
Nicole C. Jan 23, 2017 739 views

What education is recommended for a career in Human Resources?

I am looking to pursue a career in HR and am currently completing by Bachelor's and am wondering if I should be considering graduate studies in Business, possibly an MBA? #business #business-management #business-development #business-analysis #business-intelligence #hr #hr-consulting...

#business-operations

Federico C.’s Avatar
Federico C. May 14, 2016 615 views

How do you feel your work will affect your field?

Interested in HR, and want to gather thoughts on the bigger picture of the field. #business #human-resources #strategy...

#hr

amy B.’s Avatar
amy B. May 13, 2016 506 views

Can nurses right out of college expect to land a job?

how many companies are hiring nurses with no work experience? #nurse #hospital...

#hr

Amtul K.’s Avatar
Amtul K. Apr 29, 2016 599 views